edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
ONE MORE DAY!
Get in While You Still Can
Come Friday Afternoon its ~

1043205025_36fbaf8d69.jpg

Important Information

LAST DAY TO GET YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS IN IS:

Friday, Nov. 12 at midnight.

The date was moved up from Thanksgiving because some people out of the USA said that mail is slow coming and going between the US and non-US countries...and also the delay in mail with the Copier Toner Bombs :roll: and all that now, so moving it up seemed like a good idea to let everyone receive their cards for the holiday.

So, let your friends know, if they want to participate, get on in here ASAP. :D

The Lottery will be pulled on Monday afternoon (15th) so get your info in now!

Each person will receive a specific number of names in the lottery to which they will send cards/notes, etc. Of course, if there are others on our list that you would like to send to, please, just PM me for the address. Please note that certain people have requested to remain private, and if you request that name, I will PM you the relative info. PLEASE< remember to send cards to the names you receive in the Lottery, besides others you'd like to send. That way no one gets inadvertently left out, you know?

See you Friday afternoon and again on Monday.

And of utmost importance, HAVE FUN!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know Secret Santa is under way, but I want to send Holiday Cards out to some awesome ppl on here this year.

Does this happen each year and if so, how do we go about getting addresses? Is there an exchange, or should we just PM whoever we want to send cards to? I don't really want to do the PM-ing cuz its like kinda cool when you get a card or a note from someone when you're not expecting it, you know? PM-ing each other for addresses takes all the fun out of getting a card in the mail.

So, what do you propose?

Hope y'all respond.

It's starting to feel cool and comfy cozy round here. Planning Thanksgiving dinner. Got the fireplaces ready to go. In the mood for some holiday cheer!

I like to make my own cards..it just feels nice.

Anyone interested?

Or am I missing out on the thread where its already done? Let's do a card exchange too?

winter-scene-graphic5.gif

PLEASE SIGN UP BY THANKSGIVING (thanks 81 :D )
WHO's IN:

StillHere
Enkidu
Pandora
tinkerbell
4and20
he.who.forgets
chadwick
eyedclaar
Vedder_Girl77
Rabbitrocks
Degi
pearljgirl2010
number1PJfan
CazzaBGirl
brissiepjlover
hinx
stardust1976
Light of Stars
ni4979
cat72
unlost dogs
JK12093
PJPixie
thefixer9
peace,
jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
"How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ahh, christmas time. the local mall is already decked out in christmas spirt. the kiosks are sprouting left and right. before you know it, we'll be seeing black friday ads.

anyways, i'd be down for a holiday card thing as long as you promise to not give chad my name and address. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    StillHere wrote:
    I know Secret Santa is under way, but I want to send Holiday Cards out to some awesome ppl on here this year.

Does this happen each year and if so, how do we go about getting addresses? Is there an exchange, or should we just PM whoever we want to send cards to? I don't really want to do the PM-ing cuz its like kinda cool when you get a card or a note from someone when you're not expecting it, you know? PM-ing each other for addresses takes all the fun out of getting a card in the mail.

So, what do you propose?

Hope y'all respond.

It's starting to feel cool and comfy cozy round here. Planning Thanksgiving dinner. Got the fireplaces ready to go. In the mood for some holiday cheer!

Anyone interested?

Or am I missing out on the thread where its already done? Let's do a card exchange too?

thats a beautiful picture Jo, I love it!
    We got our firewood delivered and stacked, JB brought a wagon full to the garage. Now just waiting on a cool spell...love a first fire
    Cards sound fun!
    I got a pm last year and knew 'something' was coming and got a special little holiday birdie card. It has stayed with me all year here on my desk, so even if you know its coming its still very special.
    Whatever works count me in :DChristmastree2.gif
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I think that would be fun. Count me in. My family does crazy photo cards every year... I'll see if I can find one and scan it.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    StillHere wrote:

So, what do you propose?

Hope y'all respond.

Anyone interested?

well unless youre clairvoyant, youre gonna have to ask the people for their addresses.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    StillHere wrote:

So, what do you propose?

Hope y'all respond.

Anyone interested?

well unless youre clairvoyant, youre gonna have to ask the people for their addresses.

Well catefrances, believe it or not I am a bit of a clairvoyant in my own right...however deciphering addresses from auras is not my forte so to speak LOL!

No, I was thinking something along the lines of the following:

If you want, I, or someone we all trust (if that's not me), can maintain a database of names, addresses of ppl who want to be included, and ppl can PM or more likely email me for certain folks addresses....which might make some ppl kinda nervous, like 81 up there :D...

THEN.....willing participants sign up and I'll keep an updated list on the OP on page 1. Addresses would be kept private, in the database. You see someone on the list you want to send to, you drop me a line, I drop you the info...unless that person has restricted their info to like a preferred clientele or something.

Then, there could be exceptions...like maybe for instance 81 might say something like '''hey, I'm down for it as long as you don't give chadwick my address"..(not that I expect that to happen LOL :lol:8-) ) ..and that would call for some juggling, but I'd be willing to do it.

OR we could just PM each other...but that's tacky. Know what I'm saying? I feel kinda tacky like PM-ing Pandi and saying Hey Pandi, I'm going to be sending you a lovely surprise homemade card and maybe even a little trinket for the holidays so give me your address...nah...that doesn't work. I don't know..help me out here. I'd like to keep some element of surprise in it, but how to trade addresses w/o stepping on toes is the hard part.

I would be willing to maintain a database if that's what you guys decide. And if there is someone you either don't want to have your address, OR, if you have a list of let's say, "preferred recipients" that you would like your address given out to, that might work.

I need suggestions.
    I also we'd want to keep it simple for all...and above all else FUN and in the COMFY COZY HOLIDAY SPIRIT of GOOD FRIENDS, Old and New :D

What say you?
    IDEAS?
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:

So, what do you propose?

Hope y'all respond.

Anyone interested?

You in Catefrances?
    peace,
    jo

pandora wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

So, what do you propose?

Hope y'all respond.

Anyone interested?

thats a beautiful picture Jo, I love it!
    We got our firewood delivered and stacked, JB brought a wagon full to the garage. Now just waiting on a cool spell...love a first fire
    Cards sound fun!
    I got a pm last year and knew 'something' was coming and got a special little holiday birdie card. It has stayed with me all year here on my desk, so even if you know its coming its still very special.
    Whatever works count me in :DChristmastree2.gif
    My fav time of year...now I just need that new someone to cozy up on the couch in front of the fire with. :D
    peace,
    jo

I actually thought about this before.
    I was thinking one person keeps the list and than each person gets 5 random names to send a card too
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    StillHere wrote:
    You in Catefrances?

no. i am not.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    StillHere wrote:
    You in Catefrances?

no. i am not.
    okee dokee
    peace
    peace,
    jo

81 wrote:
    I was thinking one person keeps the list and than each person gets 5 random names to send a card too
    Hey something like that might work out great!
    You get the surprise factor
    Its not hard to handle the list
    Sounds cool
    You really have thought about it haven't you
    Unlike some of us..er. em..me...who OVER think things to impossibility LOL!
    peace,
    jo

• tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    StillHere wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Sounds cool

I have been thinking about this since last years Secret Santa but just didn't know how to go about it. Random is a good idea but I'm pretty sure there may be a few people (Pandora maybe ;) ) who everyone would love to send a card to. I really love the idea of sending some of my friends on here a little something. If you need any help Jo I'm in. Add me to the list please! :D
    all you need is love, love is all you need
    StillHere wrote:
    You in Catefrances?

no. i am not.
    i have a lump of coal for you :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    You in Catefrances?

no. i am not.
    i have a lump of coal for you :D

thanks. i can stick it up my butt and make a diamond. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Hope we get a pretty large group here!

Spread the word guys :D
    peace,
    jo

tinkerbell wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Sounds cool

I have been thinking about this since last years Secret Santa but just didn't know how to go about it. Random is a good idea but I'm pretty sure there may be a few people (Pandora maybe ;) ) who everyone would love to send a card to. I really love the idea of sending some of my friends on here a little something. If you need any help Jo I'm in. Add me to the list please! :D

Done Tink! Welcome :D
    peace,
    jo

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    This is a great idea! Let me know too Jo, if you need any help.
    Thanks for the sweet thought Tink :D
    I have a feeling though some would definitely not want to send good wishes my way :( don't know if the random thing will work because of such feelings. Hopefully the spirit of Christmas will reign down on us all, and forgiveness will rule the day.

One small note,
    if pm ing each other for addresses happens to be how it goes down thats really ok too.
    It never occurred to me that the sender of my card last year was doing anything 'tacky' by asking for my address, as of course, it was the only way to get it.
    It was so very thoughtful and the gesture came directly from a heart as pure as gold.
    Actually this small loving gesture changed how I viewed the forum and helped me to feel at home here.

4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_11.gif
    pandora wrote:
    I have a feeling though some would definitely not want to send good wishes my way :( don't know if the random thing will work because of such feelings. Hopefully the spirit of Christmas will reign down on us all, and forgiveness will rule the day.

One small note,
    if pm ing each other for addresses happens to be how it goes down thats really ok too.
    It never occurred to me that the sender of my card last year was doing anything 'tacky' by asking for my address, as of course, it was the only way to get it.
    It was so very thoughtful and the gesture came directly from a heart as pure as gold.
    Actually this small loving gesture changed how I viewed the forum and helped me to feel at home here.

Thats such a nice thing for you Pandi.

It's soooo cool when you check your mailbox only to find a surprise unexpected note from a 10C friend, or a PJ FB friend. And it does make a difference on how we feel about things. It's a lovely gesture.

Let's get a whole bunch of us together on this. IT'll be great fun and so nice.

I just love making little baubles and cards and stuff and can't wait to get started on stuff for you guys! What a comfy cozy feeling I get this time of year. I'm ready....

JerryGarciaSanta.jpg&t=1
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    It's soooo cool when you check your mailbox only to find a surprise unexpected note from a 10C friend, or a PJ FB friend.

i just want to beat the gf's card count. :mrgreen: i think she won last year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    It's soooo cool when you check your mailbox only to find a surprise unexpected note from a 10C friend, or a PJ FB friend.

i just want to beat the gf's card count. :mrgreen: i think she won last year.

hahahaaaaa...well, 81 we'll just have to make sure you do 8-)
    peace,
    jo

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    pandora wrote:

me too...I'd like to do the Secret Santa thing, but I just am a little hesitant for the reason Pandi mentioned. Cards would be nice as well, but I have issues with giving my addy out...nothing against ppl on the board, something along the lines of 'I have a creepy stalker ex'... :( Maybe collect a list, and PM it to me, and then I will let you know If I feel ok about it?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

me too...I'd like to do the Secret Santa thing, but I just am a little hesitant for the reason Pandi mentioned. Cards would be nice as well, but I have issues with giving my addy out...nothing against ppl on the board, something along the lines of 'I have a creepy stalker ex'... :( Maybe collect a list, and PM it to me, and then I will let you know If I feel ok about it?

sure will...
    does that mean you want to be added to the list...without the address? just so we know that you're in with us?
    peace,
    jo

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    StillHere wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    pandora wrote:

sure will...
    does that mean you want to be added to the list...without the address? just so we know that you're in with us?

Sure, why the heck not...I just ran out of unemployment, and have to apply for emergency fund benefits. So I don't think I can afford the secret santa...I can make cards as well....I can afford that! :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    4and20 wrote:
    Sure, why the heck not...I just ran out of unemployment, and have to apply for emergency fund benefits. So I don't think I can afford the secret santa...I can make cards as well....I can afford that! :)
    I'm in EXACTLY the same boat, except there are no more emergency benefits left either.....they call us 99ers now...believe that there's even a word for us ...those of us who have run out of benefits and still have no job prospects? Crazy! Oh..and by the way, they say the recession is over....(not in my world right?)
    But I'm doing secret santa too...i'll figure it out...so will you. Chin Up! Happy to have you with us here :)
    peace,
    jo

If you all want to PM me your addy's I can start up a list...then you each can request whatever and whomever you want when time comes near?

No matter if we do a random certain number out of a hat, or we do it with whomever we want, we still need a base for the addresses, right?

So whoever feels comfortable with that, PM me your 10C User Name, Real Name, Address, Including zip (and Country.

I'll keep everyone who doesn't want to be sent out, private....for sure :shh:
    peace,
    jo

Bumpity bump :D
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I think this is a fun idea. And it would be great to get surprise cards from people.

Our bad Teletubbies card:

XmasCard-1.jpg
    Enkidu wrote:
    I think this is a fun idea. And it would be great to get surprise cards from people.

Our bad Teletubbies card:

XmasCard-1.jpg

That is awesome! Love the look on your sons face! :lol:
  • i'll play :)
    We were but stones your light made us stars