Options

The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,723
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Explorers are looking good so far. I wish they had Galloway v. Nova and Pitt.

Lasalle fan! :o
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yes I am. It's kind of like a 12 step program to remain one. I was going to Big 5 double headers @ the Palestra when I was in diapers. The last 20 years for LaSalle has been one big diaper. Coach John can get some good players but his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Yes I am. It's kind of like a 12 step program to remain one. I was going to Big 5 double headers @ the Palestra when I was in diapers. The last 20 years for LaSalle has been one big diaper. Coach John can get some good players but his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

Kudos for sticking with them. :thumbup: Owls had a rough half decade or so a few years back.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277
    awful loss for the hawks sunday night at American. American not bad but Hawks were lousy. Defensive effort not very good for 1st time this year and Martelli did a terrible job having our center chase around their best player who lit us up for 30. tough game. Boston U. wednesday night starts off 5 straight at home.top 25 Creighton at home on saturday afternoon then a week off before Nova.

and love Missouri tuesday night against Nova. Seen the line anywhere from Missouri -6.5 to -7.5.
  • Options
    Damn Jimmy V speech. I'm a wreck.

If these scumbag pharma companies worked together they could have cured most cancers by now. :evil:

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    Damn Jimmy V speech. I'm a wreck.

If these scumbag pharma companies worked together they could have cured most cancers by now. :evil:

yeah...

i was pleased with the young cats effort last night. they will be a work in progress all year. i liked the fight, though. that is something last year's team lacked. pinkston made some strides in the 2nd half.

mizzou is much improved with a bunch of upper classmen. they are a solid squad. kind of remind me of the elite 8 nova team from a few years back.

can't wait for saturday!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    If LaSalle loses to an 0-7 Towson team, I'm going to give up.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'm still a fan. Biggest margin of victory since 1990. I know it was against a winless team but I'll take it. Here we go Explorers!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Owls with a nice road win at Toledo. Red shirt frosh Anthony Lee with 9 boards.

I think they have a game on Saturday. :?

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    JK_Livin wrote:
    If LaSalle loses to an 0-7 Towson team, I'm going to give up.

watch out for towson in two years. new coach (skurry was an asst at pitt under jamie dixon) and mostly frosh/sophs starting for them. their recruiting class was solid as well. they might not win a game this year, but good things are on the horizon for the tigers :thumbup:

best part of their program is that pat kennedy is finally gone.

If I had to pick one big 5 school to root for it would be lasalle. the wife got her nursing degree there. and their fans aren't dbags like the nova queers. the handful of lasalle grads I know are good people.
  • Options
    well looks like my crew's festivities will tip off at around 2pm tomorrow afternoon. hopefully your juggler will be coherent enough to remember a nice big 5 nova victory ;)

GO CATS!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    If I had to pick one big 5 school to root for it would be lasalle. the wife got her nursing degree there. and their fans aren't dbags like the nova queers. the handful of lasalle grads I know are good people.

What's up? What about the high level mid-major in the ghetto that could? 8-);)

Owls win by 7 tonight. :D

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,192
    should be a good game tonight, kinda hoping for a nova win.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Fun game tonight. :D We thought Owls should've broken it open in the first half, but it took a little longer than that. Atmosphere was great. Hardly any Nova fans in the packed house. Moore was a monster.

Jimmy was in the house. Maybe to sign his contract???

• Options
    Fun game tonight. :D We thought Owls should've broken it open in the first half, but it took a little longer than that. Atmosphere was great. Hardly any Nova fans in the packed house. Moore was a monster.

not a great game but good win Johnny. Was impressed with Lee. He could end up being real good with his athlecism. shame for you guys not having Eric and Randall, with the 3 guards you got would be awfully good. Love Moore's game and love that he just plays, no trash talking (a la Xavier) no junk just plays. great player.

i love the announcers talking about nova being young but dimissing the fact that they start 3 juniors all who were McDonald's All-Americans and have played in the NCAA Tourny two years in a row :roll: :roll:

huge win for Hawks today. Creighton very good team. Resume win for Hawks. Tay Jones dominated as Creighton had no answers for him. Ron Roberts had monster dunk (picture which is now my avatar on here). no games for a week then Nova next saturday night. gonna be an insane atmosphere at Hagan Arena for that one. game on CBS College Sports 8:00 next saturday night. fnova
  • Options

dude i forgot to pm you for your number. my brother and i were clearly the loudest nova fans in there.

sloppy game. but yeah it was fun.

these young cats are gonna take their lumps this year. just gotta hope they get better as the season rolls on.

my head is fucking hurting today. jameson, i hate you. :x
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm indifferent towards temple (same with st joes). Don't really care either way.

Don't like drexel because they're in same conference as towson. Hate nova because of their fan base. Like that the big east has taken a hit just because it hurts nova
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm indifferent towards temple (same with st joes). Don't really care either way.

Don't like drexel because they're in same conference as towson. Hate nova because of their fan base. Like that the big east has taken a hit just because it hurts nova

dude you are the definition of a broken record. we're all the same people here. we all know why you don't like villanova :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Another win for the Explorers. Galloway is a stud. 3 good wins for Big 5 on Saturday.

I need to understand something, why did the St.Joe fans strorm the court after beating Creighton? :shock: Unjustified. It looked a little embarrasing and T-Mac was struggling on tv to give a reason for it. Then later an unranked Indiana beats #1 UK on a 3pt buzzer beater and their fans stormed the court. Justified.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Another win for the Explorers. Galloway is a stud. 3 good wins for Big 5 on Saturday.

I need to understand something, why did the St.Joe fans strorm the court after beating Creighton? :shock: Unjustified. It looked a little embarrasing and T-Mac was struggling on tv to give a reason for it. Then later an unranked Indiana beats #1 UK on a 3pt buzzer beater and their fans stormed the court. Justified.
    Just my 2 cents.

End of the Nova-Temple game I'm muttering - "student section - STAY IN THE FUCKING STANDS." We were supposed to win this game. Thank goodness clear heads prevailed. That would've been worse than losing the game. Ok, maybe not. :?

• Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

because the last 3 or 4 years have been awful and worse, boring as hell. this team is fun again. 1st non-conference win over a top 20 opponent in like 8 years. why the heck not enjoy it if you are a college student?

and my new avatar is the picture of the dunk that Dick Jerardi in today's Philly Daily News called the best he has seen in the Big 5 in years.
  • Options
    Seriously? pjhawks supports running onto the court after beating Creighton? Come on - it's Creighton. So they were ranked in Top 20 - so what? Not saying it wasn't a big win, but it's not a "run onto the court" win either. And I'd say Temple fans were guilty of this the past couple years against Nova & G-Town.

It's also unsafe for the players, coaches & officials, on a side note. Of course nobody will do anything about it until somebody gets hurt.

• Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

because the last 3 or 4 years have been awful and worse, boring as hell. this team is fun again. 1st non-conference win over a top 20 opponent in like 8 years. why the heck not enjoy it if you are a college student?

and my new avatar is the picture of the dunk that Dick Jerardi in today's Philly Daily News called the best he has seen in the Big 5 in years.

I can completely understand being excited about a win. Celebrate by doing a body shot off of a young coed. You are setting a precedent here. Good win, yes. Good enough for court storming, no. If it was a buzzer beater, I'd partially accept it but you were winning by 10 for the last few minutes. Enjoy your win though.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

I can completely understand being excited about a win. Celebrate by doing a body shot off of a young coed. You are setting a precedent here. Good win, yes. Good enough for court storming, no. If it was a buzzer beater, I'd partially accept it but you were winning by 10 for the last few minutes. Enjoy your win though.

might be the first time that ever happened to creighton. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The guy who wants to ban fans from wearing jerseys is happy to see his teams' fans storm the court after beating Creighton. :?

• Options
    The guy who wants to ban fans from wearing jerseys is happy to see his teams' fans storm the court after beating Creighton. :?

Are shirseys acceptable :?:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    You're supposed to dress like this:

nlb-27-450.jpg

• Options
    pjhawks wrote:

and this means so much.

jerardi is a tool. and he looks like a fat pelican

also, having a teenager as your avatar is very sandusky
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

and this means so much.

jerardi is a tool. and he looks like a fat pelican

also, having a teenager as your avatar is very sandusky

but wearing a shirt with another man's name on it is perfectly fine? how's that brent celek jersey working out for you?

and i would imagine someone who is as big of a fan as you are has a picture of a player or team somewhere in your house or so (im guessing chase utley near the bed....) so how is that any different?
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Just my 2 cents.

i would think a LaSalle fan would celebrate any win at this point. don't worry post-season will come in the next 2 or 3 decades for LaSalle :lol::lol::lol: