Options

The Big 5 College Basketball Thread

Comments

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

all I know is that the other ADs don't want nova in the football conference. that's what the topic was and that's what I have commented on.

so they took too long to make a decision...then what happened? um, they were denied admission.

central florida is the better fit from what I've read. nova is a tiny little rich kid school...not condusive to a major football conference

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. i'd be willing to bet you would have no idea about this whole thing if this thread wasn't bumped. :lol:

way to prove that I'm wrong. nothing better than a condescending email with no substance :?

do you want to bet that central florida gets the spot in the big east? of course you don't
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

all I know is that the other ADs don't want nova in the football conference. that's what the topic was and that's what I have commented on.

so they took too long to make a decision...then what happened? um, they were denied admission.

central florida is the better fit from what I've read. nova is a tiny little rich kid school...not condusive to a major football conference

you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. i'd be willing to bet you would have no idea about this whole thing if this thread wasn't bumped. :lol:

way to prove that I'm wrong. nothing better than a condescending email with no substance :?

do you want to bet that central florida gets the spot in the big east? of course you don't

i really don't understand what you're getting at. if you've read mine and pjhawks posts you would know that we think nova is a long shot to get in at this point. so why would i bet on them to get in? (and again- up until this post you thought this was already over with so you're completely lost)

i gave you a condescending response because you continue to not make any sense. sorry dude. keep checking this thread to learn more about this, though. i didn't think you were that interested about big east football. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I said nova got rejected. you disputed that. then you said that nova took too long to make a decision on whether or not they wanted in. then they didn't get in because other BIg East ADs didn't want them in. which means they were rejected.

advantage fixer
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I said nova got rejected. you disputed that. then you said that nova took too long to make a decision on whether or not they wanted in. then they didn't get in. which means they were rejected.

advantage fixer

okay....

i disputed the fact that you said they got rejected because....ummm, they did not get rejected.

then i said nova took too long to make a decision. this part you are correct on. congrats. :clap:

but then, no, they did not get rejected. they very well might end up getting rejected. but no decision has been made yet.

am i communicating with a 30 something year old fixer, or a 5 year old here? am i on punked or something? :? :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    should be a rule that you can only root for the school you attended or work for. or that your kids attend.

nova students/alums are bad enough. don't need frauds that didn't go there making noise. I bet you're a duke or unc fan too

get back to me about the central florida bet.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    should be a rule that you can only root for the school you attended or work for. or that your kids attend.

nova students/alums are bad enough. don't need frauds that didn't go there making noise. I bet you're a duke or unc fan too

and now we resort to this nonsense. (you're an idiot--i'm agreeing with you that nova is a long shot. you've had too much to drink tonight, clearly. it is embarrassing)

i will take this as proof that you don't know what the hell you're talking about and are just looking for an argument somehow.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

and now we resort to this nonsense. (you're an idiot--i'm agreeing with you that nova is a long shot. you've had too much to drink tonight, clearly. it is embarrassing)

i will take this as proof that you don't know what the hell you're talking about and are just looking for an argument somehow.

I'm drunk.

Nova sucks. I'm glad they were denied the big east.

also, their fans and now players...are gay. The fan/alum thing is something I will stand by though.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm drunk.

Nova sucks. I'm glad they were denied the big east.

also, their fans and now players...are gay. The fan/alum thing is something I will stand by though.

how do you know you've lost an argument? when you result to this garbage.

fixer's a class act :thumbup: :thumbup: :roll: ....yeesh.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,607
    What the hell is wrong with you guys? :roll: The most important question to ask about Villanova football and the Big East is: "Who gives a shit?"

Fixer's hatred of Villanova is just as irrational as pjhawks.

Oh yeah, pjhawks definitely knows his college hoops; we'll give him that.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    What the hell is wrong with you guys? :roll: The most important question to ask about Villanova football and the Big East is: "Who gives a shit?"

haha...there's talk the big east may split up in a few years with the basketball only programs being left out. so if nova doesn't get in for football, they could eventually move to the acc or something. so it could have a big impact on basketball program down the road.

my only point was a decision has not been mad. i still don't know if fixer understands that. :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,241

why is hating your rivals irrational? i don't like the mets or their fans either. i don't like the yankees or their fans either. i don't like the ny rangers or their fans either. i don't like the ny giants or their fans either. and i really really hate the cowboys and their fans. too me that's just rational.

as for a certain someone resorting to calling nova fans gay, well that's just sad. most of us got over that behavior in about 9th grade.
  • Options
    nice article on philly.com about temple getting better recruits lately due to dunph and upgrading of their practice facility...

...also a nice little blurb at the bottom about nova having the 2nd highest rated '12 recruiting class. thankfully the last couple years didn't send those young bucks elsewhere like some predicted. :D
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

my only point was a decision has not been mad. i still don't know if fixer understands that. :lol:

decision was made. nova isn't getting in. they would have been admitted by now if they were getting in.

why didn't you go to nova if you love the school so much?
  • Options

I have met/worked with plenty of nova grads. I have met one that wasn't a complete tool.

Their reputation proceeds themselves. trust fund inheriting wanna-be ivy league turds that couldn't get into penn
  • Options
    dude you got some serious issues with villanova that you need to work out eventually.

have you considered therapy? :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dude you got some serious issues with villanova that you need to work out eventually.

I just find it strange that people can be die hard fans of schools they didn't attend. I could never do that. Desperately trying to be part of something I have no affiliation with just isn't for me.

nova students = ivy league wanna be's.

nova grads = douches that think they went to ivy league school
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I just find it strange that people can be die hard fans of schools they didn't attend. I could never do that. Desperately trying to be part of something I have no affiliation with just isn't for me.

seriously? you're still caught up on this? like 2 weeks after your initial outburst? :?

i'm sure you're aware about 47% of this country didn't go to college right? maybe you're not. but to them and their offspring the fixer says "FUCK YOU!" :x

that's some bad logic you got there man.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

seriously? you're still caught up on this? like 2 weeks after your initial outburst? :?

i'm sure you're aware about 47% of this country didn't go to college right? maybe you're not. but to them and their offspring the fixer says "FUCK YOU!" :x

Seems desperate to me. I could never do it.

You should have just gone to nova since you love the school so much
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Seems desperate to me. I could never do it.

You should have just gone to nova since you love the school so much

rooting for your hometown school is desperate? how could that possibly be? :? love to hear this logic

your poor kid... destined to root for towson for at least 18 years :lol: ...oh and going to college a couple blocks from where i went to high school didn't sound like too great of an idea for an 18 year old juggler.

it's pretty funny how you knocked me for the fraud stuff before (multiple times actually) but according to your angry rants in here lately it's quite obvious you take it waay more serious than i do. rather than let your irrationality further deteriortate this fine thread, take your viewpoints to the fraud thread and let the people decide:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&start=405 ...though i think we know the answer.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    rooting for your hometown school is desperate? how could that possibly be? :? love to hear the explanation. :D

your poor kid, destined to root for towsen for at least 18 years...oh and going to college a couple blocks from where i went to high school didn't sound like too great of an idea for an 18 year old juggler. :lol:

it's pretty funny how you knocked me for the fraud stuff before (multiple times actually) but according to your angry rants in here lately it's quite obvious you take it waay more serious than i do. rather than let your irrationality further deteriortate this fine thread, take your viewpoints to the fraud thread and let the people decide:
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... &start=405 ...though i think we know the answer.

I grew up 15 minutes outside of philly. once I enrolled in a college any loyalties I had to other schools went out the window. ya know, since I realized how dumb it was to root for a school I didn't attend or have any affiliation with. and yeah, I have called you out for jumping on the flyers bandwagon when they reached the final last year.

so you wanted to go away to a state school rather than attend a pseduo ivy league school (according to nova alums)? interesting choice

My kids will be fans of the university that they choose to attend.

funny you have a thread dedicated to fandom. I don't like eskin-isms so I choose not to open that one up. I just imagine it's you making fun of people for not following the same rules that you ignore (like the flyers bandwagon hopping you're guilty of). sounds like a great thread, but no thanks, I'll pass

Signed,

towson fan (and not coincidentally, alum)
  • Options
    I rooted for Miami football when I was a kid and have continued to this day, even after going to Temple. Guess I'm a fraud.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I rooted for Miami football when I was a kid and have continued to this day, even after going to Temple. Guess I'm a fraud.

See, here's my question. Why?

Miami is another rich kid school
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Uh huh. That's why I didn't go there. :lol:

• Options
    edited May 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

Uh huh. That's why I didn't go there. :lol:

Looked at business school there a few years ago. Once I saw the tuition rates I quickly lost interest.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,621
    I see both sides to this argument. Agreed that for the most part that you should have some connection to a school to be a fan but I don't think that connection has to be graduating from the school. I grew up in a pretty bizarre college sports house being from a big penn state family living in upstate new york. I grew up as a penn state/syracuse fan, which doesn't make much sense but we went to Penn State games on a regular basis and the entire region is insane about Syracuse. It is what it is I guess and it just kind of happened. When my school St. Rose played Syracuse in preseason basketball a few years back, I was obviously cheering for my school, but that happens once a year in exhibition, at most.

Also when Binghamton University, where I grew up and both parents were professors at was in the tourney, I was obviously cheering for them.

I don't think you should randomly pick a team (cough, Notre Dame, cough) but I don't think it is strictly based on where you graduated from.

Edit: And I didn't go to Penn State or Syracuse because of soccer. I wasn't recruited very much by them so I couldn't go, at least without paying my own way which wouldn't have made sense having full scholarships in hand..
  • Options
    I rooted for all my hometown teams but there wasn't one in college football. I mean, PSU is a loooong way from southwest Philly. So, orange and green unis it was. I was only 9. Can't quit on em now.

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I see both sides to this argument. Agreed that for the most part that you should have some connection to a school to be a fan but I don't think that connection has to be graduating from the school. I grew up in a pretty bizarre college sports house being from a big penn state family living in upstate new york. I grew up as a penn state/syracuse fan, which doesn't make much sense but we went to Penn State games on a regular basis and the entire region is insane about Syracuse. It is what it is I guess and it just kind of happened. When my school St. Rose played Syracuse in preseason basketball a few years back, I was obviously cheering for my school, but that happens once a year in exhibition, at most.

Also when Binghamton University, where I grew up and both parents were professors at was in the tourney, I was obviously cheering for them.

I don't think you should randomly pick a team (cough, Notre Dame, cough) but I don't think it is strictly based on where you graduated from.

That's a fair take on things I guess. I'm obviously on the extreme side of the debate.

My wife went to PSU main campus all four years. We go to a game every year. I could easily pretend to be a fan, but it doesn't feel right to me because I didn't go there (unless you count soccer camp for a week my sophomore year of high school).

Nova makes my skin crawl. Just go spend a night at the Grog or one of the other douchefilled bars over that way and you will see my point.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That's a fair take on things I guess. I'm obviously on the extreme side of the debate.

My wife went to PSU main campus all four years. We go to a game every year. I could easily pretend to be a fan, but it doesn't feel right to me because I didn't go there (unless you count soccer camp for a week my sophomore year of high school).

Nova makes my skin crawl. Just go spend a night at the Grog or one of the other douchefilled bars over that way and you will see my point.

I hear you and I also don't cheer for Penn State or Syracuse as much as I used to, but I am a fan of both.. I honestly am probably more vocal about Syracuse since so many people around here went to Penn State and I feel a little dumb at times, even though I have probably been to more games than any of the fuckers that went there.

Don't know if it was a Nova kid or what, but shortly after I moved here I went to a bar up there and got in the only fight I have been in since I moved here.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I hear you and I also don't cheer for Penn State or Syracuse as much as I used to, but I am a fan of both.. I honestly am probably more vocal about Syracuse since so many people around here went to Penn State and I feel a little dumb at times, even though I have probably been to more games than any of the fuckers that went there.

Don't know if it was a Nova kid or what, but shortly after I moved here I went to a bar up there and got in the only fight I have been in since I moved here.

did the dude smack you with his credit card?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    did the dude smack you with his credit card?

haha, he did not, but at this point I have no clue what happened so you never know.