2010-11 NBA Season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

i can think of 5 guys i would draft before him.

We're waiting.... :P

Jordan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Russell
    Magic

just to name 5
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    so what did we learn...Miami can't be a top 5 team unless it's LA.

LA is softer than charman

Yea I know soft...win something b4 u think about chirping their 23

They should of won but it's all good...Miami isn't coming out of the east.. So it's no concern

:lol:

Bulls make people cry. :lol:

Gasol is so soft. Bulls completly took him out of the game with physical play. after the first qtr, he looked like a fish out of water.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,595
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Jordan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Russell
    Magic

just to name 5

not sure about kareem. but it is so tough to compare huge ass centers to guards......oscar robinson deserves mention too. dude averaged a triple double his first 5 seasons in the league. think about that for a second. that is absolutely insane. most young bucks think basketball didn't exist before 1995 or something. :roll:

competition is so much weaker these days too with expansion and stuff.
    www.myspace.com
    not sure about kareem. but it is so tough to compare huge ass centers to guards......oscar robinson deserves mention too. dude averaged a triple double his first 5 seasons in the league. think about that for a second. that is absolutely insane. most young bucks think basketball didn't exist before 1995 or something. :roll:

Big O was in my thought process.

But i'm not sure how you could not think about Kareem. Dude was unstopable with that sky hook.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    edited March 2011
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

Jordan
    Wilt
    Kareem
    Russell
    Magic

just to name 5

Nice choices.

What about modern players??
    Post edited by dcfaithful on
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2

Basketball in the NBA sure isn't what it used to be. I wish I could've been alive to have actually watched the older greats as it was happening. I never got to see Magic, Bird, Kareem, etc. in their prime time. However, I was a young buck and was able to see Barkley, Jordan, Olajuwon, Stockton, Malone... that's the NBA I grew up with. Would've been awesome to have been able to watch 70's-80's NBA.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

Basketball in the NBA sure isn't what it used to be. I wish I could've been alive to have actually watched the older greats as it was happening. I never got to see Magic, Bird, Kareem, etc. in their prime time. However, I was a young buck and was able to see Barkley, Jordan, Olajuwon, Stockton, Malone... that's the NBA I grew up with. Would've been awesome to have been able to watch 70's-80's NBA.

how old are you?

early to mid 90's were great. 80's were better. i was born in '78 so i can remember getting into it during the barkley/sixers years.

i would love to have seen oscar robinson in his prime. imagine averaging a triple double for 5 straight years! :o there's only a handful of players who have had multiple triple doubles all season this year.
    www.myspace.com
    dcfaithful wrote:

how old are you?

early to mid 90's were great. 80's were better. i was born in '78 so i can remember getting into it during the barkley/sixers years.

i would love to have seen oscar robinson in his prime. imagine averaging a triple double for 5 straight years! :o there's only a handful of players who have had multiple triple doubles all season this year.
    Yeah, that Oscar Robinson stat is insane.

I'm 22. Born in 1988. Although I have been a basketball fan as long as I can remember, I didn't really start watching games until I think about 94-95, maybe 95-96. The first finals I can remember being aware of was Houston and New York.

The NBA is definitely lower than it used to be, on many levels... but, it's what is available to me moving forward. That and college hoops (which I don't watch a lot of but should).
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

how old are you?

Yeah, that Oscar Robinson stat is insane.

I'm 22. Born in 1988. Although I have been a basketball fan as long as I can remember, I didn't really start watching games until I think about 94-95, maybe 95-96. The first finals I can remember being aware of was Houston and New York.

The NBA is definitely lower than it used to be, on many levels... but, it's what is available to me moving forward. That and college hoops (which I don't watch a lot of but should).

they need to force players to commit to 2 or 3 years of college like the nfl does. it would do wonders for the nba and college. hopefully something like that comes out of the next cba. this league needs some kind of stoppage to get back on track. the nfl clearly does not. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    they need to force players to commit to 2 or 3 years of college like the nfl does. it would do wonders for the nba and college. hopefully something like that comes out of the next cba. this league needs some kind of stoppage to get back on track. the nfl clearly does not. :lol:
    I've been saying the same thing for a while now. No more high school entrees. Minimum of 2 years in college.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Moden....

Current NBA players i would draft before Kobe assuming all players are in their prime

Rose, and he's not even close to his prime. :P
    Duncan
    Shaq

i feel like i'm missing somebody else.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I've been saying the same thing for a while now. No more high school entrees. Minimum of 2 years in college.

if they can play, let them play. i'd say the same thing about the nfl.

if you have the talent, than put them on the team.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

if they can play, let them play. i'd say the same thing about the nfl.

if you have the talent, than put them on the team.

that's the problem. guy's have talent, but don't know how to play the game.

hence, today's nba. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    that nba isn't so bad now.

i agree that they should go to college and get coached and developed, however, being this is the US they should also be allowed to get a job when they turn 18.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    so what did we learn...Miami can't be a top 5 team unless it's LA.

LA is softer than charman

Yea I know soft...win something b4 u think about chirping their 23

They should of won but it's all good...Miami isn't coming out of the east.. So it's no concern

:lol:

Bulls make people cry. :lol:

Well he is doing something right ..his first 3 years with the lakers have ended in the finals
    And I really don't think he is as soft as people think

Gasol is so soft. Bulls completly took him out of the game with physical play. after the first qtr, he looked like a fish out of water.
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Bad iPad quoting :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I'm a big Jordan guy because of him always pissing on the knocks and the unc factor

However magic was better than him...yea I said it

6'10 point guard. :o;)
    I'm a big Jordan guy because of him always pissing on the knocks and the unc factor

However magic was better than him...yea I said it

6'10 point guard. :o;)

Bulls destroyed Magic in the finals...well Pippen did and he was only 6'7"

wasn't magic 6'9"

either way, being biased, i'd taken Jordan all day long vs. magic. but magic was pretty talented. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Moden....

Current NBA players i would draft before Kobe assuming all players are in their prime

Rose, and he's not even close to his prime. :P
    Duncan
    Shaq

i feel like i'm missing somebody else.

You're missing Kevin Love... 51 (or 52? can't remember at the moment but it doesn't matter, that's fucking killer) straight double-doubles. Points and rebounds more specifically. I'd replace Shaq with him to be honest.

I'd also like me some Kevin Durant

Rose
    L. Fields
    Durant
    Love
    Jefferson (I'm biased :mrgreen: )
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    81 wrote:
    that nba isn't so bad now.

i agree that they should go to college and get coached and developed, however, being this is the US they should also be allowed to get a job when they turn 18.

i think the nba is a shell of it's former self.

so many things wrong with it.

of course they can get any job they want when they are 18....just like any company can hire whomever they want. the nfl does it perfectly.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

this

not only does players coming into the league before they're ready ruin the nba, but it has destroyed the college game...i have no interest in the college b-ball anymore because the superior talent isn't there..or it's there for a year and then it's gone...at least college fb players have to stay 3 years before they can go pro
    knicks are jacking the avg ticket price up 49% for next season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Damn. Probably because of the new renovations and the heightened interest due to Melo.

That's quite a high increase, though.
    they said it's been 6 years since the last. but yeah, gotta pay for melo. still pretty stiff
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    they said it's been 6 years since the last. but yeah, gotta pay for melo. still pretty stiff
    With a 49% increase, I'd say more like a raging hard increase... :?

Bend over, New York.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    oh scottie...delusional as ever

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 4/27858799

:roll:
    norm wrote:

I laughed almost harder at the reference to Sasha Vujacic's comment. For the record, Vujacic annoys the living hell out of me. :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

I laughed almost harder at the reference to Sasha Vujacic's comment. For the record, Vujacic annoys the living hell out of me. :twisted:

:lol: i missed that...so glad we got rid of him
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

:lol: i missed that...so glad we got rid of him

He's a freakin' tool. I don't know who I'm more upset with actually winning a title; Artest or Vujacic.

However, I think for the past 10 or so years now the Lakers have been thought of by sub-par and inconsistent contributors as "the team to sign with if I want an easy ring."

Such competitors. :roll:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    However, I think for the past 10 or so years now the Lakers have been thought of by sub-par and inconsistent contributors as "the team to sign with if I want an easy ring."

Such competitors. :roll:

hey if you were a journeyman player and the lakers wanted you, you wouldn't go? i mean we gotta fill the bench even though phil never plays 'em :lol: