Options

2010-11 NBA Season

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    his first game with the jazz was dec 9, 1988...the day before my 18th birthday :shock:
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    81 wrote:
    wow...

maybe williams should call up stockton and ask for his thoughts on the system.
    Possibly.

I will forever support my team, but I've got to say that I think Rose has officially surpassed Deron Williams as the best PG. At least in terms of athleticism and scoring. Deron might be the better playmaker though.

If Sloan leaves, ya think anybody else will jump on him?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    his first game with the jazz was dec 9, 1988...the day before my 18th birthday :shock:

I wasn't even 4 months old.... :oops:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    norm wrote:

I wasn't even 4 months old.... :oops:

that's the crazy thing...an entire generation of jazz/nba fans know no other coach than sloan

i wonder why he's giving up now? why not finish out the season?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    wow...

maybe williams should call up stockton and ask for his thoughts on the system.
    Possibly.

I will forever support my team, but I've got to say that I think Rose has officially surpassed Deron Williams as the best PG. At least in terms of athleticism and scoring. Deron might be the better playmaker though.

If Sloan leaves, ya think anybody else will jump on him?

Deron is a better passer today, Rose is the better offensive threat.

Nobody should toss Sloan under the bus. 23 years and 1K plus wins with that franchise. I can't believe they would let Williams push him out.

crazy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    After repeated clashes with star point guard Deron Williams(notes) and a belief he had become undermined with ownership, Jerry Sloan resigned as the Utah Jazz coach after 23 seasons, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The increasingly contentious relationship between Sloan and Williams boiled over when they clashed at halftime of a loss to the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night. Sloan, 68, had agreed to a one-year contract extension in the past week but his growing frustration became public after a long meeting with Jazz general manager Kevin O’Connor following the team’s loss to the Bulls in Salt Lake City.

Sloan, the NBA’s longest-tenured coach, and his longtime assistant, Phil Johnson, resigned together on Thursday. The Jazz planned a 5 p.m. ET news conference to officially make the announcement.

Sloan’s relationship with Williams had grown progressively worse over the course of the season, league sources said, and the coach had tired of dealing with the team’s best player. The frustration escalated on Wednesday night when Sloan and Williams clashed in the locker room at halftime.

“He decided right there in halftime that he was done,” a league source told Yahoo! Sports. “He felt like ownership was listening more to Williams than they were to him anymore. He was done.”

One source said Sloan had become tired of Williams “blaming everything on everyone else.” Still, Williams, who can become a free agent in the summer of 2012, has remained the Jazz’s best and most consistent player after the departure of several key teammates. Williams has always had a reputation for wanting to win badly and being a strong leader.

After feeling undermined, one source said Sloan told Jazz owner Greg Miller that if this is how he wanted to run a franchise, he could do it without him as coach.

Assistant coach Ty Corbin has been named acting head coach, and league sources expect the team will move to secure him as Sloan’s long-term replacement in the near future.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... ring021011
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sort of ironic that his last game as the Jazz's coach came agaist the Bulls.

if he wants to coach, i'm sure somebody will hire him. or somebody should.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Nothing personal, DC, but I now hope your team loses every game for the rest of the season. Never liked the Jazz, but always respected that team, mostly because of Sloan. Good for him to just say, "fuck you" and bail.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    andy reid is now the 5 longest tenured coach in all of pro sports.

awesome.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Nothing personal, DC, but I now hope your team loses every game for the rest of the season. Never liked the Jazz, but always respected that team, mostly because of Sloan. Good for him to just say, "fuck you" and bail.
    I can understand that, and personally i feel the same way. Good for Sloan. If they weren't giving him the respect and authority he deserves, then he should split.

Thanks Deron, for f***ing this franchise.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    wow ... i would put sloan and pop as 1A and 1B of coaches ...
  • Options
    andy reid is now the 5 longest tenured coach in all of pro sports.

awesome.

next up....Tony LaRussa.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    So long, Jerry. We'll really miss you here.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    beat it spurs

:wave: :wave: :thumbup: :lol:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    What an ugly box score. Congrads
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    What an ugly box score. Congrads

ugly game. sixers shot about 36%, they shot 33%.

huge win.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cavs headed to ot. Moral victory, maybe a real victory
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cavs look like they will win :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    OctopuS27OctopuS27 Portugal Posts: 569
    it's 27 losses in a row if they lose this one
    they alredy broke the record, so it's about time
    tell me they getting the first draft next season, right? by being the worst team?
  • Options
    OctopuS27 wrote:
    tell me they getting the first draft next season, right? by being the worst team?
    they win.

Cavs will have the combonations in the ping pong lottery
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    OctopuS27 wrote:
    they win.

Cavs will have the combonations in the ping pong lottery

here's to hoping they do not win a game the rest of the season....to tie those crafty 1972 sixers with 9 wins
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    we will never have a Seattle team anymore?
    Here in Europe the worst teams are replaced for some new ones from lower division? not in nba?
    they got 119-126 heheehe
  • Options
    OctopuS27 wrote:
    we will never have a Seattle team anymore?
    Here in Europe the worst teams are replaced for some new ones from lower division? not in nba?
    they got 119-126 heheehe

not in this country.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ;)
  • Options
    Aero83_Aero83_ Posts: 933
    I didnt know basketball started yet..football is barely over

hicks' agent's phone should be ringing off the hook about now. unless of course he was intentionally baiting another team with his play..would he do that? hmmm
    ...10/31/09, 05/21/10, Peru, Los Angeles
  • Options
    Aero83_ wrote:
    I didnt know basketball started yet..football is barely over

hicks' agent's phone should be ringing off the hook about now. unless of course he was intentionally baiting another team with his play..would he do that? hmmm

what?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    norm---why have the lakers been wearing their old school home jerseys on the road this year?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Mr RockoMr Rocko Posts: 647
    norm---why have the lakers been wearing their old school home jerseys on the road this year?

I'm not norm, but I think it's a campaign for selling the new-old-school jerseys.
    México 24/11/2011
  • Options

david stern is an asshat
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    The Celtics took care of business on Sunday against an elite team and I hope they can heal soon all of them.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)