Options

2010-11 NBA Season

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,965
    Can the Cavs do it and lose their record breaking 23 straight loss? Not looking to good now, down by 9 with 9 mins. left.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    this is a quite a Celtics-Mavs game going on now. Also was last night's Spurs-Lakers' game discussed yet?
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    I've a bad feeling about this game for the C's. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    What did I tell ya but it's not quite over yet.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Also was last night's Spurs-Lakers' game discussed yet?
    I made some money off of that game while in Vegas. It felt good to be drunk at the bar and shout at the TV and actually have a valid reason for doing so.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,085
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I made some money off of that game while in Vegas. It felt good to be drunk at the bar and shout at the TV and actually have a valid reason for doing so.

I would never bet on basketball, too many meaningless baskets affecting point spreads. But that being said, I'd love to sit at the sports book on a 14-game NBA night and watch all the people who know nothing about various teams just go through the ebbs and flows of the games as the spread and over-unders are reached or not reached.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

I would never bet on basketball, too many meaningless baskets affecting point spreads. But that being said, I'd love to sit at the sports book on a 14-game NBA night and watch all the people who know nothing about various teams just go through the ebbs and flows of the games as the spread and over-unders are reached or not reached.

I bet on the terms that the Spurs would score the first 15 points. Luckily, I was right. I had faith in them coming out strong. I overall agree with you though, betting on basketball seems pretty risky.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    hey DC, you getting tickets for wednesday's game. :?:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I'd like to...

Need to check the prices to see if I can swing it. The game is the day before payday. :evil:

If I can't make it in person though, I'll for sure be watching on the boob tube.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I'd like to...

Need to check the prices to see if I can swing it. The game is the day before payday. :evil:

If I can't make it in person though, I'll for sure be watching on the boob tube.

http://www.redlinetickets.com/tickets/s ... tion=74626

not a ton of seats even for sale on this site or stub hub.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:
    I'd like to...

http://www.redlinetickets.com/tickets/s ... tion=74626

not a ton of seats even for sale on this site or stub hub.

I had a feeling those tickets would go quick with the return of three former Jazzmen and everything.

I still only miss Korver. :twisted:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    how good are the seats in the upper deck?

anyways, it's a good game for you to skip, Bulls are going to put a beat down on the Jazz, or so i hope. Bulls are currently one of only a handful of teams without a 3 game skid this year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

anyways, it's a good game for you to skip, Bulls are going to put a beat down on the Jazz, or so i hope. Bulls are currently one of only a handful of teams without a 3 game skid this year.
    As much as I love my team and will watch for support, I don't expect a win. Although the crowd should be great and that sometimes really propels our team to make a mad dash for the W.

Seats in the upper deck aren't bad if you're at the front of your section. Everything remaining for sale is either middle of, or in the complete back of those sections. I don't know, I'm already short for cash on this upcoming paycheck... I don't want to spend what money I have left on mediocre tickets when I can sit at home and watch the game and have beer for significantly cheaper.

With that being said...down with Chicago. I predict Boozer will play a big game, as will Big Al (who's been really taking off lately) and Rose will proove to us all again why he should no doubt be in the conversation of MVP.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

As much as I love my team and will watch for support, I don't expect a win. Although the crowd should be great and that sometimes really propels our team to make a mad dash for the W.

Seats in the upper deck aren't bad if you're at the front of your section. Everything remaining for sale is either middle of, or in the complete back of those sections. I don't know, I'm already short for cash on this upcoming paycheck... I don't want to spend what money I have left on mediocre tickets when I can sit at home and watch the game and have beer for significantly cheaper.

With that being said...down with Chicago. I predict Boozer will play a big game, as will Big Al (who's been really taking off lately) and Rose will proove to us all again why he should no doubt be in the conversation of MVP.

looking at the power ratings hollinger has the sixers as the 10th...jazz are 20th....bulls are 6.
    :shock:
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:
    81 wrote:

looking at the power ratings hollinger has the sixers as the 10th...jazz are 20th....bulls are 6.

We're 6th in the West and are at 30-22, I think. But that sounds about the right power rating. Our play went from totally awesome at the beginning of the season and now we're starting to look unfocused, and not concerned.

It's annoying as shit. Sloan just signed yet another 1-year contract too.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options

who is this hollinger? he clearly is overrating the sixers. i'd say udner rating the jazz. bulls might be a tick high as well.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

who is this hollinger? he clearly is overrating the sixers. i'd say udner rating the jazz. bulls might be a tick high as well.

espn insider.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    quick glance.

i'd have the Bulls at 5 behind Boston, Miami, LA and SA. I assume mr insider has dallas ahead of the bulls as well. imo, dallas is the most over rated team in the nba.

i'd put philly at 15

and i'd have utah somewhere in between. maybe 12
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    quick glance.

i'd have the Bulls at 5 behind Boston, Miami, LA and SA. I assume mr insider has dallas ahead of the bulls as well. imo, dallas is the most over rated team in the nba.

i'd put philly at 15

they got two power rankings on espn....one is a more generic version that has the sixers one notch below the knicks at 17. jazz are 15 and bulls are 5.

this hollinger cat uses newer efficiency ratings/margin of vicories/sos/etc etc etc. this is the one with the sixers at 10. .....also projects final records based on simulating each team's remaining games 5,000 times each. he's got the sixers in the 6th seed at 42-40, 4 games behind the hawks........bulls with the 3 seed at 55 wins....jazz as the 8th seed in the west with 43 wins.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    quick glance.

i'd put philly at 15

they got two power rankings on espn....one is a more generic version that has the sixers one notch below the knicks at 17. jazz are 15 and bulls are 5.

this hollinger cat uses newer efficiency ratings/margin of vicories/sos/etc etc etc. this is the one with the sixers at 10. .....also projects final records based on simulating each team's remaining games 5,000 times each. he's got the sixers in the 6th seed at 42-40, 4 games behind the hawks........bulls with the 3 seed at 55 wins....jazz as the 8th seed in the west with 43 wins.

I'm confident that we'll finish at the least #7. But I could be wrong.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    Breaking news here at the Salt Lake Tribune is saying that "Hearing reports that Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan and assistant coach Phil Johnson are planning to resign"
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Breaking news here at the Salt Lake Tribune is saying that "Hearing reports that Utah Jazz coach Jerry Sloan and assistant coach Phil Johnson are planning to resign"

:shock: :(

before the end of the season??
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

Sloan just signed an contract extension :?:

reading the salt lake tribune now. :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

Sloan just signed an contract extension :?:

reading the salt lake tribune now. :o
    I know, but apparently he has his choice as to whether he definitely will remain at the end of the season. So my question is, what's the point of the contract then if he can go back on it??
    norm wrote:
    :shock: :(

before the end of the season??

If it's true, this will be a sad, sad day in Salt Lake City.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    dcfaithful wrote:

crazy...

i am shocked by this.

any word on when the press confrence is?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

crazy...

i am shocked by this.

any word on when the press confrence is?
    3 p.m. Mountain Time @ The Jazz's practice center.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    It is now making NBA.com headlines.

This sucks. Looks like Utah might be stepping down from the top 8 of the West too?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    I'm goign to agree with some of the reports and say that Deron Williams compalining to the media about Sloan's system may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Deron, you're not the greatest leader either my friend.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • Options
    wow...

maybe williams should call up stockton and ask for his thoughts on the system.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg