Options

Worst support act you've seen?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    reesdog wrote:
    This terrible, terrible band called The Helicopters from Norway or somewhere.

They opened for Foo Fighters at the Brixton Academy, London in about 2000. They played this really gross throw-back, hair-metal cock-rock shitty-ass rubbish and the whole crowd were jeering and booing so much the band spat the dummy, dropped their instruments and stormed off stage, one of them flipping the bird to the crowd as he walked, only to get laughed at and flipped back by a couple of thousand crowd members (a great image).

I had a bad feeling as soon as I heard they were called "The Helicopters"...

I think it's terrible that people will do things like this such as jeer, boo, throw things, and flip off a band. If you don't like them or are not interested in them them either don't show up that early, or find something else to do while they are on. Use that time to go out and get something to eat, drink a beer, go to the restroom, text, surf the web, whatever, but these bands have a right to play without being harassed. I don't really blame the ones that walk off the stage. I certainly wouldn't want to endure that. Have some respect and think about what if it was you or someone you know up there.

It was pretty fucking funny, I guess you had to be there.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.