Did you get the memo?

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Dear fellow forum posters,

Please take a moment to read the thread before hitting the little reply button. I know it's a crazy whacked out concept, but please consider giving it a whirl.

your pal,
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

Please take a moment to read the thread before hitting the little reply button. I know it's a crazy whacked out concept, but please consider giving it a whirl.

your pal,

no. I refuse.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Dear 81,
    i did as you asked,
    There's a half an hour of my life i wont get back,
    I did enjoy the Chad memo's

B.J.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

your pal,

no. I refuse.

I knew this was directed at you.
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    To: Boss Lady
    Date: Thursday, March 21
    Re: Meeting times

HEY! If you want me to show up for a meeting at 1:55 p.m., then schedule the damn meeting at 1:55 p.m.! DON'T schedule the meeting for 2 p.m. and then give me a glare when I walk in at 1:58 p.m.

I'M TECHINCALLY EARLY FOR THE 2 P.M. MEETING.

Thank you.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Dear Driver Always in Front of Me:

That light up ahead of you is green. Green means go. Go, go, go.

It does not mean, maybe you should start braking now and then hopefully you'll get that red light that you obviously want so bad.

"Oh look the light is yellow. Good thing i started braking two blocks ago. Now I can sit here for two to three minutes at this self-fulfilling red light, because actually, I have nowhere to go"

...And now you can't use "I never got the memo" excuse anymore.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Dear City Planners/Traffic Light Control Minion,

That one street by the sushi place..you know the one...the 3-way intersection with the light? When driving out of the sushi place, I only have a choice to either turn left or right.

Is it really necessary to keep the right turn lane light red whilst the left turn light turns green? I mean, there is no other traffic coming, the street has a dedicated left turn lane, and a dedicated right turn lane. I highly doubt a rogue vehicle will be coming at me from the other direction.

I have an idea, why not have BOTH lights turn green at the SAME TIME? It would speed up traffic exiting the shopping complex.

I expect the check for my traffic flow planning services to be in the mail by Monday morning.

Thanks,
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Dear Lisa,

Please invoke your right on red privelage.

Thanks
    mgmt
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Dear Lisa,

Thanks
    mgmt

Dear 81,

I guess you have never been stuck behind the idiot driver that refuses to invoke their 'right on red' privileges.

Thanks for your concern,
    mgmt

:P
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Dear Lisa,

Thanks
    mgmt

Dear 81,

I guess you have never been stuck behind the idiot driver that refuses to invoke their 'right on red' privileges.

Thanks for your concern,
    mgmt

:P

Dear Lisa,

When behind a no go driver, please feel free to use the horn.

your pal,
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

Dear Lisa,

When behind a no go driver, please feel free to use the horn.

your pal,

Dear 81,

Most drivers around here don't hear horns...and they have guns in the gun rack on the back of their truck.

Unfortunately, I don't own a gun or gun rack.

Thanks,

(though if you are so mechanically inclined, I would be happy to have you install a train horn on my vehicle-I know they will hear that. Also, with you being a Toyota owner, I know you know about the weenie sounding horns on import cars)

- Christopher McCandless
    Dear Lisa,

My horn sounds plenty manly. I was prepared to offer up my install service to you when #dirtyfrank to wrigley, but the insults will get your install stalled.

Your former pal,
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Dear Lisa,

My horn sounds plenty manly. I was prepared to offer up my install service to you when #dirtyfrank to wrigley, but the insults will get your install stalled.

Your former pal,

:|

unless you got an aftermarket install, I know about those Toyota horns...

my first car:
    1990_toyota_tercel_2_dr_std_hatchback-pic-38170.jpeg

- Christopher McCandless
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    To: Boss Lady
    Date: Friday, March 22
    Re: Meeting suggestions

Here's a few suggestions for you for future meetings:

- Let's keep shit on track, and the gossip to a minimum. I don't care what your boss said about someone else's boss' haircut.

- Organize your f--ing notes. Do I want to sit for a hour and watch as you sift between 50 different pieces of paper while occasionally muttering "Well, I guess we already talked about that ..."? No. No I do not.

- Learn to make a decision so we can avoid talking in circles for an hour with nothing to show for it.

Thank you.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Dear Snow,

Knock it off.

Thank you.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
    Dear eyes,

I am at work, why do you insist on closing?

Please refrain.

Thank you,

Me
    Dear eyes,

I am at work, why do you insist on closing?

Please refrain.

Thank you,

Me

:lol:
    Dear manager at the crappy car wash,

I love how your car wash only washed the trunk of my car.

I love how when I came in to say something, you immediately blamed me and said, "I'm not giving you a refund because you don't know how to use the car wash. When it only washed the back half of your car, you went in too far" and when I said, "When I enter the car wash and the light is green I go, when it is red I stop. I don't know where the sensors are, that's why I depend on the lights, and it only washed the trunk of my car, it didn't even wash the back quarter panel. I've been through the wash before in a different vehicle and had no problems"

Then you said, "Well I can only tell if it was used correctly if I look at the security tape" I said, "Okay great!" Then you glared at me and stuttered, "Well, I don't have time to do that today, because I have other things to do" WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SAY YOU WOULD LOOK AT THE TAPE THEN?!?!?! Or better yet, why don't you walk your fat ass outside to my car and LOOK at it and see that obviously the car wash is old and decrepit and needs to be fixed?

"Okay, when will you have time?" I asked, you then offered me to fill out a form, which I did. Then you said that you would 'call me back tomorrow'

YOU BETTER FUCKING CALL ME BACK TOMORROW!

:evil: :twisted: :x :evil: :twisted: :x

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Dear manager at the crappy car wash,

I love how your car wash only washed the trunk of my car.

I love how when I came in to say something, you immediately blamed me and said, "I'm not giving you a refund because you don't know how to use the car wash. When it only washed the back half of your car, you went in too far" and when I said, "When I enter the car wash and the light is green I go, when it is red I stop. I don't know where the sensors are, that's why I depend on the lights, and it only washed the trunk of my car, it didn't even wash the back quarter panel. I've been through the wash before in a different vehicle and had no problems"

Then you said, "Well I can only tell if it was used correctly if I look at the security tape" I said, "Okay great!" Then you glared at me and stuttered, "Well, I don't have time to do that today, because I have other things to do" WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU SAY YOU WOULD LOOK AT THE TAPE THEN?!?!?! Or better yet, why don't you walk your fat ass outside to my car and LOOK at it and see that obviously the car wash is old and decrepit and needs to be fixed?

"Okay, when will you have time?" I asked, you then offered me to fill out a form, which I did. Then you said that you would 'call me back tomorrow'

YOU BETTER FUCKING CALL ME BACK TOMORROW!

:evil: :twisted: :x :evil: :twisted: :x

good lord....how hard would it have been to just give you a free wash and called it a day :fp:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

good lord....how hard would it have been to just give you a free wash and called it a day :fp:

I know! I went in, and asked if the car wash was broken because it only washed the trunk of my car, they got all huffy and pissy right off the bat.

I would have been fine if they said, "we can give you a code if you'd like to go thru again" :fp:

I cannot wait to get the hell out of this white trash trailer park town.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

I know! I went in, and asked if the car wash was broken because it only washed the trunk of my car, they got all huffy and pissy right off the bat.

I would have been fine if they said, "we can give you a code if you'd like to go thru again" :fp:

Clean trunk? That's not so bad...
    :fp:

:lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

my car really needs a wash...I should text you a pic of the 'wash'

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

my car really needs a wash...I should text you a pic of the 'wash'

yes you should.

- Christopher McCandless

I'm honored to have provided you with comedic relief today. That will be $12.

Thank-you.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

I'm honored to have provided you with comedic relief today. That will be $12.

Thank-you.

does that cover the next car wash?

does that cover the next car wash?

:angel:

- Christopher McCandless
    Dear Bourbon,

Get drunk

Your pal,
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg