* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    jjfacepalms-600x337.jpg
    jerrysad-600x337.jpg

love it :mrgreen:

There's nothing like seeing Jones miserable. Most Cowboy fans I know hate his ass. It's the only consolation they get out of a loss is seeing Jones. I just wish he would stick around more often after a loss so we could see more of this. If they win he'll be front and center celebrating, if they lose all you'll see is an empty box. This was right before halftime though, so he hadn't bailed yet. Though I'm surprised he didn't bail, then come back to the box when Dallas started mounting a comeback, then bail again when New York drove the nail in the coffin.

the best is during close games that they blow at the end. the one's where he saunters onto the field expecting a win only to experience a gut wrenching loss as close to the field as possible. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    so spags, morris and the polians are out today...

come on birds---get spags on the phone NOW.

dolphins interviewing dave toub. i think that's smart. he's an under the radar guy but a helluva special teams coach. harbaugh with the ravens has shown that those guys can be good overall football coaches. bears obviously have one of the best special teams year in, year out...

ha...this is what i was talking about yesterday:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rdinators/

John Harbaugh may have opened the door for special-teams coordinators
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2012, 8:56 AM EST
    APIt was a surprise on Sunday night to hear Peter King say that Cowboys special-teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis will be a candidate for the head-coaching job in Jacksonville. It was a shock on Monday to see reports that the Dolphins will interview Bears special-teams coordinator Dave Toub.

Rarely do special-teams coaches even get opportunities to become head coaches. Even more rarely are they hired.

DeCamillis and Toub — and any other special-teams coach who gets considered for a head-coaching job — can thank Ravens coach John Harbaugh for the elevated status of the position. Harbaugh served as the Eagles’ special-teams coordinator for nine years before one season as defensive backs coach.

Special-teams coordinators have experience bringing together players from offense and defense, since those are the players who fill out the various special teams (punt, punt return, kickoff, kick return, field goal, extra point). Unlike a former offensive or defensive coordinator, who often gravitates to one side of the ball and delegates the other to his coordinator, a special-teams coach delegates to both coordinators, but also keeps his hand in the pot on both sides of the ball.

It has worked very well in Baltimore, where Harbaugh has led the Ravens to four straight playoff appearances, the longest current streak of any NFL team.

With a home game in the division round and a team that plays well on the road (if only when playing good/great teams on the road), Harbaugh could soon be leading the Ravens back to the Super Bowl.

Which would make special-teams coaches even more desirable as candidates for head-coaching jobs.
    www.myspace.com
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Martz out as OC in Chicago......Norv stays in San Diego :shock:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Juggler, when are we going to hear about Reid being let go?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

lurie just announced he's staying.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

How does he still have a job with Philly?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    "I talked to my doctors and we actually had a plan in place for me to play. All things pointed to me going until (Tomlin) told me I can't. He said he wouldn't have let his son play and so I'm not playing either."

:clap::clap::clap:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    "I talked to my doctors and we actually had a plan in place for me to play. All things pointed to me going until (Tomlin) told me I can't. He said he wouldn't have let his son play and so I'm not playing either."

Who said this?
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

How does he still have a job with Philly?

he's got pictures of the owner in compromising positions.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's the right call on Tomlin/Steelers part. I'd rather have him (hopefully) next week and next season than this one game.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Who said this?

Ryan Clark. He has sickle cell trait, and it causes problems at high altitudes. The last time he played in Denver he had to have his spleen and gallbladder removed and he lost 30 pounds. It has something to do with his organs not getting oxygen.

If playing at Denver's altitude makes the dude violently ill and can possibly kill him, then not playing him is a given. The crazy thing is that doctors were trying to come up with a plan to let him play. Playing injured is one thing, but this is an entirely different situation. It's not a question of toughness or whatever, the dude has an illness that won't let him play at the altitude.

I guess if the doctors were considering letting him play then it is good of Tomlin to be the voice of reason, but to me it just makes me question what the hell is wrong with those doctors. Tomlin shouldn't HAVE to make this decision.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Who said this?

Ryan Clark. He has sickle cell trait, and it causes problems at high altitudes. The last time he played in Denver he had to have his spleen and gallbladder removed and he lost 30 pounds. It has something to do with his organs not getting oxygen.

If playing at Denver's altitude makes the dude violently ill and can possibly kill him, then not playing him is a given. The crazy thing is that doctors were trying to come up with a plan to let him play. Playing injured is one thing, but this is an entirely different situation. It's not a question of toughness or whatever, the dude has an illness that won't let him play at the altitude.

I guess if the doctors were considering letting him play then it is good of Tomlin to be the voice of reason, but to me it just makes me question what the hell is wrong with those doctors. Tomlin shouldn't HAVE to make this decision.

Insane, dude almost died when he lost all that weight and had to have those removed. I do find it fantastic that a coach will take stand like that in today's NFL where players are getting and playing with concussions constantly and ex players are dropping dead.

I do think that they probably have a safe plan in place for him to play and that his personal doctors wouldn't let him if they didn't feel it was safe but it is stand up for a coach to say if he wouldn't let his son play, he's not going to let him play. It's just a game and at least one coach in the NFL understands that.
    Clark played there while on the 'Skins in 05 and had no problems, then almost died in 07 with the Steelers. The Steelers were back in Denver in 09 and Clark was held out, but they worked him out hard before the game wiht his doctors and ran all kinds of tests on him that he passed in case this scenario happened again. Still, They made the right call holding him out.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    jjfacepalms-600x337.jpg
    jerrysad-600x337.jpg
    who's his "companion"?

also, the dude lower left. I should know who that is....but don't. :oops:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    isnt that his son?

where's side show bob at?
    www.myspace.com
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    skip the playoffs and just give the ravens the lombardi and everyone just go home
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    Callaway wrote:
    skip the playoffs and just give the ravens the lombardi and everyone just go home
    no more trophies for stabby :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    Callaway wrote:

:lol::clap:
    imalive wrote:
    Callaway wrote:
    :lol::lol:

That Super Bowl has an asterisk next to it in my book. He should have never played.
    imalive wrote:

also, the dude lower left. I should know who that is....but don't. :oops:

That is Stephen Jones, Jerry's son and the VP, COO and Director Of Player Personnel.

StephenJones_022111_150.jpg

As for the girl. Who knows. Could be Stephen's wife, or any number of people. There are all kinds of people up in his box. Kids, grandkids, in-laws, whoever. It's not his wife or daughter though. I doubt it's a girlfriend or anything like that, he knows the cameras are always on him in the box.
    "no mas" :lol:

AiZ4lkiCQAA79ji.jpg
    www.myspace.com
    i'm pulling for matty ice to break through and finally get that first playoff win under his belt. he really needs to win this game.

the fact that it's against the giants makes it even easier for me to root for him. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • i'm pulling for matty ice to break through and finally get that first playoff win under his belt. he really needs to win this game.

the fact that it's against the giants makes it even easier for me to root for him. ;)

I just can't see Ryan winning on the road. I know this is stating the obvious, but theFalcons are an entirely different team when they're not playing in the dome. Then again, who knows which Giants team is going to show up on Sunday.
    i'm pulling for matty ice to break through and finally get that first playoff win under his belt. he really needs to win this game.

I just can't see Ryan winning on the road. I know this is stating the obvious, but theFalcons are an entirely different team when they're not playing in the dome. Then again, who knows which Giants team is going to show up on Sunday.

The Giants don't seem to have much of a home field advantage, they are 4-4 at home this season. Although I guess you could say they're technically 5-4 as one Away game was against the Jets in the stadium they share. But if Washington and Seattle can both come to town and beat the Giants, I think Atlanta can. But like you said, it just depends on which Giants team shows up. But even when they've won this year, in the games I've seen at least, the Giants always looked shaky. They damn near let an awful Cowboys team come back on them in the game that got them into the playoffs, so I don't have a lot of faith in the Giants, and I can easily see Atlanta winning. It's a tossup though, and mainly depends on whether "Elite Quarterback" Eli shows up, or sad sack Eli does.
    Giants are a Jykle and Hyde team. Never know what you are going to get.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Giants are a Jykle and Hyde team. Never know what you are going to get.

they are the healthiest they have been all year. I hate the giants, so I hope atlanta smacks them.

of course this is the only good game of the weekend and my wife is dragging me to a family party on sunday...which starts at...one o'clock :twisted:

yeah...i just don't think the giants are a very good football team. falcons aren't world beaters either though.

regarding ryan...if they lose, that's 4 years in with no playoff wins for a qb most consider to be one of the better young qb's in the league. would suck for him to be labeled a playoff choker. he's got a lot to prove on sunday. should be interesting.
    www.myspace.com
    playoffs??? you kidding me? playoffs???? :o:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

go time.
    www.myspace.com
    playoffs??? you kidding me? playoffs???? :o:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

go time.
    :lol:
This discussion has been closed.