* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Fixer wrote:
    Gruden to STL. Spagnolo to Philly

Poor rams fans

no. it's just speculation at this point.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/movi ... =131298059

hopefully :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    rooting for the bengals to get into the dance.

i think andy dalton's been pretty impressive this year. the other young qb's are getting all the hype but he's been pretty steady all year. under the radar steady.

stout defense in cincy too....

Hoping for a Cincy win as well, assuming the Steelers can win in Cleveland.

The Bengals are building a nice team. And they have like 3 1st round picks this year.

when in doubt, make a trade with the raiders...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

Poor rams fans

Well, I will trust Mike Florio over the guy from Slumdog Millionaire every time. Nothing is final, but Florio is usually on the ball with this stuff
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Poor rams fans

Well, I will trust Mike Florio over the guy from Slumdog Millionaire every time. Nothing is final, but Florio is usually on the ball with this stuff

...they are both referencing the same story from kevin acee. actually it's not even florio, though it's on pft's site. and here is the last paragraph from pft:

Should Spagnuolo get fired in St. Louis, there figure to be plenty of teams interested in bringing him aboard to help their defense. Whether or not Philly is at the front of that list remains to be seen.

gotta read the whole thing....giants are probably going to be one of those teams.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

...they are both referencing the same story from kevin acee. actually it's not even florio, though it's on pft's site. and here is the last paragraph from pft:

Should Spagnuolo get fired in St. Louis, there figure to be plenty of teams interested in bringing him aboard to help their defense. Whether or not Philly is at the front of that list remains to be seen.

gotta read the whole thing....giants are probably going to be one of those teams.

florio reported the gruden to STL thing. today they are saying that philly is the favorite to land spagnolo.

If the giants lose to dallas on sunday (I think they will), I could see coughlin getting canned. I think that's the only way he ends up in NY

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... available/

Best part of all of this is that we won't have to listen to gruden on MNF anymore. I'm really hoping they just go with tirico and jaws. They'd do a great job without gruden's blabbering
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    After a World Series win, St. Louis fans have to watch Albert Pujols leave town and now Jon Gruden may be taking over their football team ... wow, talk about going from a high to a low just like that! :shock:

I wonder what the odds / favorites are for the next fucking idiot ESPN hires for the MNF team. Their track record for hiring unlikable imbeciles is impeccable ... I wonder what Brett Favre is up to? :think:
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

florio reported the gruden to STL thing. today they are saying that philly is the favorite to land spagnolo.

If the giants lose to dallas on sunday (I think they will), I could see coughlin getting canned. I think that's the only way he ends up in NY

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... available/

Best part of all of this is that we won't have to listen to gruden on MNF anymore. I'm really hoping they just go with tirico and jaws. They'd do a great job without gruden's blabbering

no. florio actually reported this (word for word):

In a thorough and detailed update regarding the coming turmoil in San Diego, Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that Gruden has decided to return to coaching in 2012, and that ESPN is aware of Gruden’s looming departure.

and this is the correct link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-in-2012/

the one you posted was actually the josh alpers article that i referenced before.

i don't think coughlin gets canned. if he stays, i can see spags replacing perry fewell. are you suggesting spags will replace coughlin as head coach??
    www.myspace.com

i don't think coughlin gets canned. if he stays, i can see spags replacing perry fewell. are you suggesting spags will replace coughlin as head coach??

yeah, spagnolo as HC. and I know fewell is a goner.

if the giants lose I don't know how coughlin keeps his job.

If the eagles don't land spagnolo I'd love to see them hire Raheem Morris as their DC
    The Fixer wrote:

If the eagles don't land spagnolo I'd love to see them hire Raheem Morris as their DC

really? do you think that would be a good move for the giants?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

do you think that would be a good move for the giants?

what? firing coughlin? hiring spagnolo? firing fewell?

I think spagnolo got a raw deal in STL. He did a great job with that team last year. They were decimated by injuries this year. I think he deserves another HC job. So yeah, I think it would be a solid hire by the NYG if that's what you're talking about
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

do you think that would be a good move for the giants?

what? firing coughlin? hiring spagnolo? firing fewell?

I think spagnolo got a raw deal in STL. He did a great job with that team last year. They were decimated by injuries this year. I think he deserves another HC job. So yeah, I think it would be a solid hire by the NYG if that's what you're talking about

no, no... it's just that in the eagles thread last month you were saying how nfl head coaches don't job hop from one hc position to the next like college coaches. you also thought he would not be a good replacement for reid if he got fired.

but i agree with what you are now saying about spags though. it's what i said last month about him getting a raw deal out there. i don't think he'll get a head coaching position right away though. i'm guessing he takes a step back to dc (hopefully with the birds) and eventually gets another shot.

and your boy florio says he thinks coughlin won't get fired for what that's worth. :lol: i agree with him.
    www.myspace.com
    I have always like spagnolo. I said I think he would be a downgrade from reid...which I still believe

I also stand firm in my saying that it doesn't matter who the eagles coach is. they won't win anything until they get a real qb
    The Fixer wrote:
    I have always like spagnolo. I said I think he would be a downgrade from reid...which I still believe

I also stand firm in my saying that it doesn't matter who the eagles coach is. they won't win anything until they get a real qb

this is what i was talking about...either way--let's hope he's the birds next dc
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    i cannot fathom that people in this thread still would take albert haynesworth.

and steve spagnulo with his 9-31 career record over andy reid.

absurd doesn't even to begin to describe these 2 things said. even more absurd than anything i've said and lord knows i've pressed the boundary of the absurd. haynesworth and spagnuolo :shock: :o :shock:

yes a 9-31 record over andy reid.... :oops:

not to mention the fact that spagnolo currently has an NFL head coaching job. I think people have the NFL confused with college FB where coaches job hop all the time...doesn't happen in the NFL.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

this is what i was talking about...either way--let's hope he's the birds next dc
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    i cannot fathom that people in this thread still would take albert haynesworth.

and steve spagnulo with his 9-31 career record over andy reid.

absurd doesn't even to begin to describe these 2 things said. even more absurd than anything i've said and lord knows i've pressed the boundary of the absurd. haynesworth and spagnuolo :shock: :o :shock:

yes a 9-31 record over andy reid.... :oops:

not to mention the fact that spagnolo currently has an NFL head coaching job. I think people have the NFL confused with college FB where coaches job hop all the time...doesn't happen in the NFL.

I meant college coaches leave their contracts to go to other schools. of course nfl coaches change gigs, but it's rare they are allowed out of a contract without it being the team's decision (like the bucs having to give the raiders draft picks for gruden...the parcells thing...etc)
    in that discussion in the eagles thread, nobody was talking about him leaving his contract. we were all talking about him getting fired at the end of the season...just like you and i are talking about now.

either way, i like him too and would love him running the eagles defense next year.
    www.myspace.com
    in that discussion in the eagles thread, nobody was talking about him leaving his contract. we were all talking about him getting fired at the end of the season...just like you and i are talking about now.

either way, i like him too and would love him running the eagles defense next year.

I hear you. I think it's dumb if the rams do fire him. especially if gruden is the heir apparent.

I'm speculating now because there have been multiple reports spagnolo is fired next week (so it's not really speculating...it's more anticipating at this point).

He would be a great addition to the eagles. definitely agree there.

now get rid of jackson, samuel, and vick...then I'll be happy
    The Fixer wrote:

I hear you. I think it's dumb if the rams do fire him. especially if gruden is the heir apparent.

I'm speculating now because there have been multiple reports spagnolo is fired next week (so it's not really speculating...it's more anticipating at this point).

He would be a great addition to the eagles. definitely agree there.

now get rid of jackson, samuel, and vick...then I'll be happy

it's been pretty clear for a while now that he was on his way out. pft's been speculating about it since before that eagles thread convo. don't remember exactly but that's probably why his name was brought up in the first place.

i don't like gruden in that particular situation either.

everyone hates him now, but they should have just re-upped jackson's contract in the summer like we all were in agreement on. give him something similar to santonio holmes' deal or just sweeten his current deal short term. the eagles always get too stubborn with those situations. instead they gave 2.5M to steve smith for 11 catches.
    www.myspace.com
    everyone hates him now, but they should have just re-upped jackson's contract in the summer like we all were in agreement on. give him something similar to santonio holmes' deal or just sweeten his current deal short term. the eagles always get too stubborn with those situations. instead they gave 2.5M to steve smith for 11 catches.

I def never said to extend that loser. one dimensional WRs are a dime a dozen. they could sign johnny knox as their deep threat and not miss a beat on offense
    The Fixer wrote:

I def never said to extend that loser. one dimensional WRs are a dime a dozen. they could sign johnny knox as their deep threat and not miss a beat on offense

that kind of speed isn't a dime a dozen. throw in the special teams stuff...i think the birds handled this really bad. he definitely should have been more mature about it. but they should have worked things out prior to september.

i think john dorenbos is making more than desean jackson this year. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

that kind of speed isn't a dime a dozen. throw in the special teams stuff...i think the birds handled this really bad. he definitely should have been more mature about it. but they should have worked things out prior to september.

jackson disappears for quarters at a time. he's good, but he's not one of the 10 best WRs in the NFL, which is how he wants to be paid. he's not even the best WR on his own team.

I have no issue with the way the eagles handled things. would be nice for one of these nfl guys to play out a contract that they willingly signed without crying about not making enough money. if it's not enough money why the hell did you sign it in the first place????????????????

bottom line is that the guy isn't as good as he thinks he is. he drops a lot of balls and has a shitty attitude. he's superfluous.
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Go Browns!

How about trading up the upcoming first round picks you have to get Luck? :D

BTW, what a great year for the QB position. Definitely some fun guys watch to play the position, even with no Peyton.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

jackson disappears for quarters at a time. he's good, but he's not one of the 10 best WRs in the NFL, which is how he wants to be paid. he's not even the best WR on his own team.

I have no issue with the way the eagles handled things. would be nice for one of these nfl guys to play out a contract that they willingly signed without crying about not making enough money. if it's not enough money why the hell did you sign it in the first place????????????????

bottom line is that the guy isn't as good as he thinks he is. he drops a lot of balls and has a shitty attitude. he's superfluous.

the first we heard about this "shitty" attitude happened this season. i think a lot of that gets leaked from the team. he could have handled things much worse. as far as "attitude" is concerned, he's been great since he was drafted.

he signed the contract in the first place because of where he was picked. he didn't have much of a choice. nfl contracts are not guaranteed so, unlike other sports, i don't have problems with players wanting new contracts if they feel they've outperformed their current one. this is america. it's like any of us asking our bosses for a raise that we feel we deserve. he absolutely deserves more money than he's currently making.

he has not had a very good year. but he makes such a difference with this offense when he's in there though. that constant threat of the deep ball is what helped shady have such a tremendous year. desean's one of the fastest players in the league, so i don't think that kind of talent is a "dime a dozen."

and i agree that he's not worth what he reportedly asked for but that's why it's called a negotiation. i've seen a bunch of stories that have said the eagles, i'm guessing banner, told him they'd get to his contract at some point this year and they never did. for a team that was supposedly "all in" they could have at least renegotiated his current contract and given him more guaranteed money short term to make him happy. they did something similar with donovan a few years back. instead they wasted that money on guys like steve smith and ronnie brown who panned out miserably. i don't think that's handling it well at all.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    1. He's broke

2. He's a piece of shit
    desean-tom.jpg

;)
    www.myspace.com
    desean-tom.jpg

;)

Knew that was coming. Haha. My points
    still stand and that was a very exciting year for you guys and all, winning the super bowl for the firs....oh wait
    i just love the way coughlin looks in that one :lol:
    www.myspace.com

As much as it means a bad situation for the giants, I do love an angry coughlin. Not there though
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

As much as it means a bad situation for the giants, I do love an angry coughlin. Not there though

i imagine him saying "DAG NAB IT" a lot.
    www.myspace.com
    Hahhahahahahah
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Coughlin still has a year left on his contract, so I don't see him getting fired if they don't make the playoffs. If he does get fired (which I hope not, because I love Coughlin) and Andy Reid doesn't, something is fucked up.

Fewell and Kevin Gilbride need to go and bring back Spag as DC for the Giants. ;)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
This discussion has been closed.