* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    Newch91 wrote:
    Coughlin still has a year left on his contract, so I don't see him getting fired if they don't make the playoffs. If he does get fired (which I hope not, because I love Coughlin) and Andy Reid doesn't, something is fucked up.

Fewell and Kevin Gilbride need to go and bring back Spag as DC for the Giants. ;)

Spag's head will be rolling after after the season. That dude is done in St. Louis. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten his ass canned yet.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    I think coughlin will be back. Strange season this year and the maras love him.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Newch91 wrote:
    Coughlin still has a year left on his contract, so I don't see him getting fired if they don't make the playoffs. If he does get fired (which I hope not, because I love Coughlin) and Andy Reid doesn't, something is fucked up.

Fewell and Kevin Gilbride need to go and bring back Spag as DC for the Giants. ;)

totally agree...something will also be fucked up if juan castillo keeps his job while spags ends up as you guys' d coordinator :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:

totally agree...something will also be fucked up if juan castillo keeps his job while spags ends up as you guys' d coordinator :x :lol:
    :lol: That would be some fucked up shit right there. What's Reid's success in Philly like besides taking the team to one Super Bowl and losing 3(?) NFC Conference Championships in a row?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

:lol: That would be some fucked up shit right there. What's Reid's success in Philly like besides taking the team to one Super Bowl and losing 3(?) NFC Conference Championships in a row?

well it's been largely mediocre for 7 years now:

3 playoff wins in last 7 years and an average of about 8.5 wins per season
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

How the hell does he still have a job with Philly?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1. He's broke

2. He's a piece of shit

3. He's not that good

4. He's crying about a contract he willingly signed :roll:

amen
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1. He's broke

2. He's a piece of shit

He's the biggest piece of shit in the NFL....no doubt. I do find it hilarious that he is apparently living off of Rosenhaus's credit card.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    1. He's broke

2. He's a piece of shit

He's the biggest piece of shit in the NFL

the eagles QB owns that honor
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

i wish i knew.

2004 was a loooong time ago. people act like it was yesterday around here.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

i wish i knew.

they were in the NFC title game a few years ago. since that loss reid has completely changed the core of his team on the fly. I don't agree with all the moves (namely vick), but most coaches don't flip the roster the way the eagles did and stay competitive at the same time. In '09 they were picked to finish 3rd in the NFC east and they won the division. Last year he put them in a position to beat the team that won the SB, but his kicker and QB choked. But it's never the players fault in philly, it's always the coach that's to blame

the eagles could surely do worse than reid. I'm glad he's back for 2012. If 2012 is another disaster, he's gone. He deserves another shot though.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

i wish i knew.

they were in the NFC title game a few years ago. since that loss reid has completely changed the core of his team on the fly. I don't agree with all the moves (namely vick), but most coaches don't flip the roster the way the eagles did and stay competitive at the same time. In '09 they were picked to finish 3rd in the NFC east and they won the division. Last year he put them in a position to beat the team that won the SB, but his kicker and QB choked. But it's never the players fault in philly, it's always the coach that's to blame

the eagles could surely do worse than reid. I'm glad he's back for 2012. If 2012 is another disaster, he's gone. He deserves another shot though.

his teams have been the definition of mediocrity for the better part of a decade now.

we've been through this. 7 years is a long as time to win only 3 playoff games. averaging 8.5 wins a season and making the same mistakes year in, year out is pretty annoying. most coaches would not have survived nearly as long.

promoting the offensive line coach to coordinating the defense hasn't helped matters either. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

i wish i knew.

his teams have been the definition of mediocrity for the better part of a decade now.

we've been through this. 7 years is a long as time to win only 3 playoff games. averaging 8.5 wins a season and making the same mistakes year in, year out is pretty annoying. most coaches would not have survived nearly as long.

promoting the offensive line coach to coordinating the defense hasn't helped matters either. :lol:

he definitely stuck with your boy mcnabb for too long. remember when you were worried about him going to the skins??? that was funny
    see?

even diehard andy reid fans can't properly defend 7 seasons of mediocrity.
    www.myspace.com
    steve johnson's an idiot.

i love having the nfl on new years day opposed to some meaningless bowl games though. :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    Rodgers isn't starting. :evil: :evil: Now I know I've lost my fantasy football championship.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Rodgers isn't starting. :evil: :evil: Now I know I've lost my fantasy football championship.

so your league goes into week 17 too? i'm in my championship game. it's a 2 week game, which is bad enough. and it's sooo stupid that it stretches into the final week.
    www.myspace.com
    detroit just got screwed by these stupid rules. god the NFL sucks
  • Chief BroomChief Broom Posts: 2,036
    Sooooo frustrating...
    MLMF Det
    how does mike shanahan still have a job??
    and brady breaks marino's record...

i think marino would have thrown for 6,000 yards if he played in today's nfl
    www.myspace.com
    jared allen....wow

1 more for the record. please let him get it. strahan's record is mighty fraudulent
    www.myspace.com
    another great call. this time in the jets/dolphins game.

what a joke
    jared allen....wow

1 more for the record. please let him get it. strahan's record is mighty fraudulent
    How is it fraudulent?
    Newch91 wrote:
    jared allen....wow

How is it fraudulent?

don't you remember how he got the last sack for the record?
    www.myspace.com
    this lions/gb is nuts
    www.myspace.com
    i love having the nfl on new years day opposed to some meaningless bowl games though. :thumbup:

This is essentially a communist comment. You clearly hate america. The NFL blows balls.
    That said, let's go giants!
This discussion has been closed.