* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• ANybody get NFL magazine yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I thought it was supposed to hit the newsstands on Tuesday of this week?
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    ANybody get NFL magazine yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I thought it was supposed to hit the newsstands on Tuesday of this week?

I was somewhat interested in checking it out until I heard they named Peyton Manning the 2011 MVP, on the basis of how bad the Colts stink without them. Clearly they just did it to create controversy and buzz about the magazine. But I thought you actually had to PLAY in order to be the Most Valuable PLAYER.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • ANybody get NFL magazine yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I thought it was supposed to hit the newsstands on Tuesday of this week?

I was somewhat interested in checking it out until I heard they named Peyton Manning the 2011 MVP, on the basis of how bad the Colts stink without them. Clearly they just did it to create controversy and buzz about the magazine. But I thought you actually had to PLAY in order to be the Most Valuable PLAYER.

Yeah I don't agree with that at all. The
    Most Missed Player, maybe. Not by me though, lol.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    ANybody get NFL magazine yet? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I thought it was supposed to hit the newsstands on Tuesday of this week?

As a Colt's fan, I won't make a serious claim for Manning for MVP, but holy crap, is there any way a team can instantly go from great to crap just based on the loss of one player? And to define crap, I mean as in not having a lead since week fucking five ... against a team that has already fired their head coach!!!

:(

For all the crap the haters give for him losing in the playoffs, it is fairly obvious now that he had been carrying a sub-.500 team to the playoffs on his shoulders for years.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Jason P wrote:

As a Colt's fan, I won't make a serious claim for Manning for MVP, but holy crap, is there any way a team can instantly go from great to crap just based on the loss of one player? And to define crap, I mean as in not having a lead since week fucking five ... against a team that has already fired their head coach!!!

For all the crap the haters give for him losing in the playoffs, it is fairly obvious now that he had been carrying a sub-.500 team to the playoffs on his shoulders for years.

how many wins would they have with him this year though? 5? 6? there's a lot of holes on that team other than the quarterback...
    www.myspace.com

how many wins would they have with him this year though? 5? 6? there's a lot of holes on that team other than the quarterback...
    The same holes were there last year and they made the playoffs. They were missing more offensive weapons last year. And their schedule is weaker this year.

If Manning played this year, they would end up 10-6, give or take a game. Without Manning, 0-16.
  • Jason P wrote:

I think this proves the Colts crappiness as a franchise just as much as it proves how great Peyton is. I've been seeing a lot of this type of stuff around.....

lol-manning-troll.jpg

....and I think that's way off the mark. I think the Pats going 11-5 without Brady in 2008 proved how good that team, coach, and owner really are and the Colts having no wins without Manning proves how bad their team, coach, and owner really are.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Exactly, that team has problems other than just Manning being absent. We can theorize on how well they would be playing, but it's hypothetical. I don't think we can sit here and say that the Colts would be in the hunt with Manning, because we just don't know. NFL Magazine doesn't know. If Peyton has that much of an effect on the team, then they need to do some serious revamping. If losing 1 player fucks your team up THIS much, then you don't have much of a team.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    edited December 2011
    Post edited by Newch91 on
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Problem #1 - The GM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjsR51AHiKSq0BVz6G2c7gsSsddLhKWbS54R23Q9eqsUwoa0Eh

Problem #2 - The head coach

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzF5tdsggAp5jfWjWjK5oudc57SjOFUlfcXomDi5K2K2m2X2Tg

Although I fell Caldwell is less to blame. He is to Bill Polian what Dell Demps is to David Stern.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Sam Hurd is a fucking moron.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Sam Hurd Was A "Top Drug Dealer" In City And Dealt To Fellow Players, Reports Chicago Radio Station

We figured that the case against Sam Hurd, who was arrested yesterday after allegedly attempting to purchase a large amount of cocaine from a federal agent, could get a whole lot messier as the details unfolded, but we didn't expect this: Chicago's 670 The Score reports that the police actually have a list "in the double-digits" of NFL players who were supplied drugs by the Bears wide receiver.

The source also told the radio station that Hurd was considered "a top drug dealer in Chicago":

According to the criminal complaint, Hurd told an undercover Homeland Security agent Wednesday night that he and another co-conspirator were already distributing four kilograms of cocaine a week in the Chicago area, but he needed more. He was seeking five to ten kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana a week to distribute and was willing to pay $25,000 per kilo of cocaine and $450 per pound of marijuana. That adds up to as much as $700,000 of drugs each week.
    http://deadspin.com/5868547/

double-digits huh? this could get interesting
    3 weeks to go...
    www.myspace.com
  • Anyone catch the tremendous Tebow skit from SNL last night?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... l2dhNaQgxM
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    just heard a pretty long snippet of "Evolution" on the red zone channel :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    just heard a pretty long snippet of "Evolution" on the red zone channel :mrgreen:

damn, how could i have missed that?

something just seems right about snowflakes falling during a bills game in buffalo...
    www.myspace.com
    get 'em colts.
    www.myspace.com
  • 88keys88keys Posts: 151
    Exactly, that team has problems other than just Manning being absent. We can theorize on how well they would be playing, but it's hypothetical. I don't think we can sit here and say that the Colts would be in the hunt with Manning, because we just don't know. NFL Magazine doesn't know. If Peyton has that much of an effect on the team, then they need to do some serious revamping. If losing 1 player fucks your team up THIS much, then you don't have much of a team.

The Colts problem is that, for all intents and purposes, Peyton is pretty much their offensive coordinator. No one reads a defense better than him and he know exactly what play change to make (if he's not faking an audible... which he is the best at as well). I would say that Manning runs about 35% of the plays that are called from the sideline and the other 65% are his audibles. Without Peyton, that offense is inept and their defense raises a whole other question.
    Camden 8/28/1998; Jones Beach 8/24/2000; Camden 9/1/2000; Camden 9/2/2000; Albany 4/29/2003; New York 7/8/2003; Vancouver 9/2/2005; Atlantic City 10/1/2005; Albany 5/12/2006; E. Rutherford 6/1/2006; E. Rutherford 6/3/2006; New York 6/24/2008; New York 6/25/2008; New York 5/20/2010
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    imalive wrote:

something just seems right about snowflakes falling during a bills game in buffalo...
    I'm not sure you and I get the same RZC :?

you always mention some guy I've never heard of....I get andrew sciciliano (LA puke :lol: )
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Anybody watching the Bengals/Rams game?

The referee called a holding penalty on St. Louis and as the ref has his microphone on and was calling the penalty Harvey Dahl screamed at him saying "That's not fucking holding!!" and since the ref had a hot mic it blared out through the stadium and into the ears of everybody watching CBS. :lol:

The commentators were apologizing for it.
    Anybody watching the Bengals/Rams game?

god i hope not ;)
    imalive wrote:
    imalive wrote:

I'm not sure you and I get the same RZC :?

you always mention some guy I've never heard of....I get andrew sciciliano (LA puke :lol: )

you must have direct tv?
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,798
    Packers lose, Colts win? :?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

pack cannot get anything going today.

colts were due. hope they hold on. i'll take a cover though. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732

pack cannot get anything going today.

colts were due. hope they hold on. i'll take a cover though. ;)

upset city today. thank Tebow i didnt bet
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    tebow is the man. I love him

also, the pats are garbage. most overrated team in nfl again this year
    is the pats defense really that bad?
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    norm wrote:
    is the pats defense really that bad?

yes
    The Fixer wrote: