* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I've never seen a stadium as empty as Jacksonville's is right now. I've seen lots of fans leave early before, but I've never seen a stadium THAT empty with time still on the clock, much less 2 minutes. There doesn't appear to be enough people in there to fill a large movie theater.

that is the team that should be moved to la

i think the new owner says he wasnts to keep them there though.
    I recall the new owner of the Seattle Supersonics making the same declaration once upon a time.

Anyone think they will move Kansas City to the AFC South when the Jaguars relocate?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Jason P wrote:

I recall the new owner of the Seattle Supersonics making the same declaration once upon a time.

Anyone think they will move Kansas City to the AFC South when the Jaguars relocate?

no. that's like moving the cowboys to the nfc west. some teams just belong where they are due to decades and decades worth of rivalries.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Jason P wrote:

no. that's like moving the cowboys to the nfc west. some teams just belong where they are due to decades and decades worth of rivalries.
    Now that I think about it, the best plan is to move St. Louis to the AFC south and stick the L.A. Jaguars in the NFC West.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I've been home for no more than 20 minutes, and I think the NFL Network has shown the Roethlesberger injury a good 10 times, possibly a dozen.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    jimed14 wrote:
    I've been home for no more than 20 minutes, and I think the NFL Network has shown the Roethlesberger injury a good 10 times, possibly a dozen.
    pretty sure you misspelled his name....but you gave it a hell of a try :lol:

go browns.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    wow....THAT was a goal line stand :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I've never seen a stadium as empty as Jacksonville's is right now. I've seen lots of fans leave early before, but I've never seen a stadium THAT empty with time still on the clock, much less 2 minutes. There doesn't appear to be enough people in there to fill a large movie theater.

I think you may be right. Does Florida really need 3 NFL teams anyway? California already has 3, but it's a larger and more populous state. I'm not really familiar with all the reasons why teams have left L.A., I've heard talk on ESPN that they weren't that big of a draw, so I'm not necessarily saying a team needs to go to L.A., but I think Jacksonvilled should move somewhere. Oklahoma and Alabama are big football hotbeds that don't have NFL teams.
    They left LA over stadium deals and stadium revenue....there's gold in them there luxury suites, and the LA stadiums were all built decades before luxury suites where the thing....and the local governments would not open the treasury to pay for stadium up-grades that were only wanted in order for the rich to get richer. Attendance was a small issue...especially for the Rams, after they moved to Anaheim.....they weren't very good for many of those years.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Attendance was a small issue...especially for the Rams, after they moved to Anaheim.....they weren't very good for many of those years.
    they're not very good....again.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    tybird wrote:
    Attendance was a small issue...especially for the Rams, after they moved to Anaheim.....they weren't very good for many of those years.
    they're not very good....again.
    Very true.....they did win their only Super Bowl to date after moving to St. Louis however :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    imalive wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    pretty sure you misspelled his name....but you gave it a hell of a try :lol:

go browns.

jeez, off one letter .. so critical.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • CallawayCallaway Posts: 635
    Why don't they just give the Vince Lombardi Trophy to the Ravens now and save everyone time.
    is anyone else interested in seeing what this tebow kid can do against the bears defense this week?

i sure as hell am.
    www.myspace.com
  • all-about-the-u1.gif
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    all-about-the-u1.gif

:lol:

I think Michael Irvin might be back on the pipe.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    is anyone else interested in seeing what this tebow kid can do against the bears defense this week?

i sure as hell am.
    Yup...the kid's just a winner
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Love me some Jake Locker. I hope he does well in the NFL
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    all-about-the-u1.gif

:lol:

I think Michael Irvin might be back on the pipe.

:lol::lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    gronkowski is such a beast
    www.myspace.com
    how does kubiak not kick a field goal there?

they're down 9. :?
    www.myspace.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Wooohoooooo!!!

Texans!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I still don't think tebow is a good quarterback
    i think i am a tim tebow believer now.

this is fucking crazy! :o:o:o:o
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

kid is awful ... the bears are making him look good ... playing prevent defense with no pass rush ... anyone can hit the open man ...

Amen....the joke around these here parts back when he played at Florida was that Superman wore Tim Tebow underwear....I guess he still does.
    How bout that Marion barber. :lol:
    norm wrote:

unreal
    www.myspace.com
    norm wrote:
    "Goat of the Week" nominee :twisted:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    clearly a case of one team losing a game
    Anyone that won money on this game should send a portion to Marion barber :lol:
This discussion has been closed.