* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'll be watching : )
    Me too. :) They play Dallas twice in the last 4 weeks of the season.

Cool! I've already got my eye on the Eagles/Skins game in week 6. Can't wait!
    Go Skins!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Newch91 wrote:

Cool! I've already got my eye on the Eagles/Skins game in week 6. Can't wait!
    Go Skins!

YEAH!! :mrgreen:
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Newch91 wrote:
    Yep, can't wait for the rematch against them.

Oh right, they played each other in week 1; I forgot. It seems so long ago already. Yeah, gonna be a must-see rematch. I'm looking forward to all NFC East matchups. Love those!

Mediocre division at best. The two best teams in the NFL hail in the NFC North!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Yep, can't wait for the rematch against them.

Oh right, they played each other in week 1; I forgot. It seems so long ago already. Yeah, gonna be a must-see rematch. I'm looking forward to all NFC East matchups. Love those!

Mediocre division at best. The two best teams in the NFL hail in the NFC North!
    Mediocre my ass. Off season for the division. At least the NFC East didn't have a team go winless a few years ago.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Hello NFL Red Zone! :wave:
  • Newch91 wrote:

:thumbup:
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Newch91 wrote:

welcome to the revolution newch. it is the finest channel known to man.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

Thank you. I can't wait.

Going to test it out Sunday, after the Giants game. We were just going to get HBO but I guess Comcast/XFinity had a special and we just got basically everything.
    Newch91 wrote:

Thank you. I can't wait.

Going to test it out Sunday, after the Giants game. We were just going to get HBO but I guess Comcast/XFinity had a special and we just got basically everything.

totally worth it. when the birds aren't playing i'm glued to it. even when the birds are playing i find myself flipping over and forgetting to turn back. 6 and a half hours without commercials. brilliant!
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:
    Thank you. I can't wait.

totally worth it. when the birds aren't playing i'm glued to it. even when the birds are playing i find myself flipping over and forgetting to turn back. 6 and a half hours without commercials. brilliant!
    That's awesome. I need to watch an entire Giants game. If I don't, it won't be the same without getting mad at one of their bone-headed plays. But I can't wait for Sunday. Maybe during commercials I'll go to the Red Zone.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Newch91 wrote:
    Mediocre my ass. Off season for the division. At least the NFC East didn't have a team go winless a few years ago.

pssst...it's 2011

and really, who in the nfc east would you say is a contender? they are marginally better than the nfc west
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

pssst...it's 2011

and really, who in the nfc east would you say is a contender? they are marginally better than the nfc west
    You know I'm going to be biased and say the Giants.
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

pssst...it's 2011

who, other than the packers, are serious contenders?

it's the nfc, it's wide open...with one glaring exception. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Thank you. I can't wait.

That's awesome. I need to watch an entire Giants game. If I don't, it won't be the same without getting mad at one of their bone-headed plays. But I can't wait for Sunday. Maybe during commercials I'll go to the Red Zone.

i meant flip over during a commercial break so you don't have to watch the commercials...it's easy to forget to switch back. obviously you don't watch redzone while your team is playing.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

pssst...it's 2011

i'd put New Orleans into the contender catagory.

the afc is wide open as well....it still way early in the season

that's the nice thing about football....every year.....you got a chance...unless you are the browns
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

pssst...it's 2011

i'd put New Orleans into the contender catagory.

the afc is wide open as well....it still way early in the season

that's the nice thing about football....every year.....you got a chance...unless you are the browns

i'll give you the saints. forgot about them...even they've won me money seemingly every week. :mrgreen:

yeah i was a bit ambivalent towards the parity when it first started to creep in...but it does make the season more fun.
    www.myspace.com
  • Which games do you plan to watch this weekend? Some good ones to choose from!
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Which games do you plan to watch this weekend? Some good ones to choose from!

steelers titans, pats jets, packers falcons, bears lions

a good week indeed :thumbup:
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

pssst...it's 2011

New Orleans is..D needs to improve a bit but no one is playing D this year anyway...
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • RiotZact wrote:

Think I'm gonna watch the Eagles/Bills game...really curious to see how that one unfolds.

The other 3 games you mentioned are a given! I wonder if the Jets are gonna lose 3 in a row??? Pretty much a must-win for them, as far as team ego is concerned.
    RiotZact wrote:

Think I'm gonna watch the Eagles/Bills game...really curious to see how that one unfolds.

The other 3 games you mentioned are a given! I wonder if the Jets are gonna lose 3 in a row??? Pretty much a must-win for them, as far as team ego is concerned.

I wish I could watch the eagles game but I will be with the family and they are all huge steelers fans :( And yeah I really hope the Jets can find a way to pull this one off.................and as for the packers, as unstoppable as our offense may be I think we need to find a way to stop the pass a little better if we want to stay unbeaten and in the long run win another title, I doubt a team has ever been a team that won a super bowl with a pass defense in the bottom few spots
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Are the lions a contender?? Not sold on them yet but I they have won 8 row dating back to last year..a win vs. the pack included..Early yes..but they have some weapons on both sides of the ball. Winning 8 in row in the NFL aint easy.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • RiotZact wrote:
    I wish I could watch the eagles game but I will be with the family and they are all huge steelers fans :( And yeah I really hope the Jets can find a way to pull this one off.................and as for the packers, as unstoppable as our offense may be I think we need to find a way to stop the pass a little better if we want to stay unbeaten and in the long run win another title, I doubt a team has ever been a team that won a super bowl with a pass defense in the bottom few spots

Oh no, that's too bad. It should be a pretty good game though. Steelers need to win this one, too.

Good point about the Packers....surprised to see them second-last - just ahead of the dead-last Patriots!! Steelers are number 1....
    RiotZact wrote:

Oh no, that's too bad. It should be a pretty good game though. Steelers need to win this one, too.

Good point about the Packers....surprised to see them second-last - just ahead of the dead-last Patriots!! Steelers are number 1....

yep, it always seems like a team with bad defense loses in the playoffs, take the pats for example, they have been HUGE favorites the past two years but lost both times, whats different between them now and them when they won the 3 rings? defense isn't nearly as good, it's the only explanation I can think of
  • Another habit says it's in love with you
    good games this weekend...i dunno...what does the schedule look like...

i'll go out on a limb and guess sunday i get a packers game and a patriots game. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • My team is looking into Sage Rosenfels and Jim Sorgi among others to back-up Matt Moore. Yeah.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    81 wrote:

i'll go out on a limb and guess sunday i get a packers game and a patriots game. :lol:

packers are sunday night, I'm sure you'll get the pats jets game, not sure about 1 o clock
  • Another Jets week for the Patriots and another round of idiot Jets players saying how much better they are than the Pats. I'm still shocked Chromartie can even form a sentence.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    RiotZact wrote:
    81 wrote:

packers are sunday night, I'm sure you'll get the pats jets game, not sure about 1 o clock

just looked...

we are getting titans & steelers, pats & jets, saints & panthers and of course packers & falcons and Bears & lions.

i'll most likely only watch the Bears game monday night....might catch snipets of the packers game during commercials on other shows.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.