* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    SUNDAY!

SUNDAY!

SUNDAY!

pats/cowboys appears to be the game of the week.

nice nfc west showdown in tampa...

lions and niners square off. both coming off huge wins. lions on a short week but at home.

lil nip in the air today too. feels like football weather. at least in my backyard it does. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    ....waited at the end of my driveway for a lady on her horse along with her man on a bicycle. We were late for our boys football game.....they gave us the right of way and we took off :D

Now today waiting for some rain and that rooster to make some noise. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    SUNDAY!

SUNDAY!

SUNDAY!

pats/cowboys appears to be the game of the week.

nice nfc west showdown in tampa...

lions and niners square off. both coming off huge wins. lions on a short week but at home.

lil nip in the air today too. feels like football weather. at least in my backyard it does. :mrgreen:
    :thumbup:

Love the northeast weather at this time of year.

Today the Red Zone will properly come out today. Have family coming over, so during commercials on the Giants game, we'll be flipping to the Red Zone.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    We get this today...20 years later.

25-photo.jpg
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:

25-photo.jpg

i think the giants crush buffalo today
    www.myspace.com
    g under p wrote:
    ....waited at the end of my driveway for a lady on her horse along with her man on a bicycle. We were late for our boys football game.....they gave us the right of way and we took off :D

Now today waiting for some rain and that rooster to make some noise. :D

Peace

what in sam's hell are you talking about?
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:

25-photo.jpg

I hope so. They need to bounce back after last week.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

25-photo.jpg

I hope so. They need to bounce back after last week.

i think the bills have been pretty lucky so far this year. giants are at home and coming off a horrible loss.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    what a crappy selection of games today on the local broadcast.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm liking what we get here...bills/giants, niners/lions and cowgirls/cheaters :P :lol:

i guess the chargers and raiders have bye's this weekend
    norm wrote:
    i'm liking what we get here...bills/giants, niners/lions and cowgirls/cheaters :P :lol:

we have the bills/giants, st louis/packers and of course dallas/new england.

blah
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

blah

bills/giants is a good one so far. pats/cowboys should be great. get the redzone :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    i'm all for breast cancer awareness but, good god, there is no need for pink to be permeating through nfl stadiums for an entire month.
    www.myspace.com
  • 81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

blah

thank god for the redzone channel. Can't believe they went with rams/packers instead of 49ers/lions. That shit makes zero sense most of the time.
    Watched the Giants and then during commercials, went to the Red Zone. One of TV's best channels.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    if bob costas isn't talking baseball he should shut the fuck up
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    norm wrote:
    if bob costas isn't talking baseball he should shut the fuck up

Wholeheartedly agree.

Those 3 minute NBC Sunday Night Football halftime soliloquies make him sound like a sanctimonious asshat.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    I love all of these Sunday night and Monday night football games that probably sounded good in theory when the schedule was made, but have turned out to be utterly atrocious blowouts. Indianapolis at New Orleans next Sunday night... yikes.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    norm wrote:
    if bob costas is talking he should shut the fuck up

:P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    man it's tough to watch a guy like 5 hang around longer than he should.

you were a solid qb back in the day don. it's time to hang 'em up now...
    www.myspace.com
    MFCarissa wrote:
    I love all of these Sunday night and Monday night football games that probably sounded good in theory when the schedule was made, but have turned out to be utterly atrocious blowouts. Indianapolis at New Orleans next Sunday night... yikes.

luckily the flex scheduling will start soon.
    www.myspace.com
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Jim Schwartz may be the coach of Detroit, but you could certainly tell today that he isn't actually from Detroit..

If you are going to behave poorly, you gotta at least jaw the mother fucker!! don't just run up and bump into him!!! Make it count!!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Jim Schwartz may be the coach of Detroit, but you could certainly tell today that he isn't actually from Detroit..

If you are going to behave poorly, you gotta at least jaw the mother fucker!! don't just run up and bump into him!!! Make it count!!!

in all honesty, i'd be a little pissed if i were schwartz in that situation too. looking at it in slow motion, you can see how someone would take that slap to the back the wrong way. it was almost like he was shoving him out of his way.
    www.myspace.com
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756

in all honesty, i'd be a little pissed if i were schwartz in that situation too. looking at it in slow motion, you can see how someone would take that slap to the back the wrong way. it was almost like he was shoving him out of his way.
    Damn straight!! Schwartz's heart was definitely in the right place.. Harbaugh was pumped, but that was some bullshit..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    The Cincinnati Bengals are close to finalizing a trade that would send quarterback Carson Palmer to the Oakland Raiders for a first-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional pick in 2013, according to multiple reports.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter tweeted that the 2013 pick can become a first-rounder based on playing time and other incentives.

Palmer had demanded a trade from the Bengals, who refused to budge and told Palmer that retirement was his only alternative to playing in Cincinnati. But with rookie Andy Dalton now entrenched as the Bengals' starting quarterback, general manager Mike Brown apparently is relenting.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Brown has a strong working relationship with Raiders coach Hue Jackson, who formerly worked for the Bengals

Al Davis trades from the great beyond :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    The Apocalypse is indeed upon us if the Bengals (of all teams) are about to fleece the Raiders in this Palmer deal.

Of course, it is the Raiders.

Get your Zombie survival kits ready.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    The Apocalypse is indeed upon us if the Bengals (of all teams) are about to fleece the Raiders in this Palmer deal.

Of course, it is the Raiders.

Get your Zombie survival kits ready.

you know the bengals will wind up wasting those picks :lol:

both teams will find ways to screw it up
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,240
    Horrible trade on the Raiders part, almost can't believe it, they pretty much traded away their future in order to try and get 1 or 2 wins
  • that is a huge amount to give up for a guy who unofficially retired and has not been that good the past few years. possible 2 first round picks? bengals org & fans must be doing backflips
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
    that is a huge amount to give up for a guy who unofficially retired and has not been that good the past few years. possible 2 first round picks? bengals org & fans must be doing backflips

i know right? plus he's got to learn a new system on the fly. wonder what kind of shape he's in too...
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.