* * * * The National Football League - 2011 * * * *

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i don't care if they go to 18 or not.

but if they do....please don't push the superbowl into march.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Pryor eligible for supplemental draft, suspended first 5 games of the season.

no practice or play for the first 5 weeks. as if his rookie season wasn't already shot.... :lol:

i pray the Bears stay away from this douche.

This has mike shanahan written all over it. He loves shitty QBs
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    edited August 2011
    As much as I love football season, part of the reason I like it is because there is an off season. Don't saturate the season with extra games.

In reality, the NFL does a pretty good job of keeping the league relevant all year (Super Bowl, Draft, Pre-Season)...don't add games.

PBM
    Post edited by PissBottleMan on
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    81 wrote:
    i don't care if they go to 18 or not.

but if they do....please don't push the superbowl into march.
    Looks like they're trying to get it to Pres Day weekend. I like what Rooney said " the marketing people HANDLE the money, they DONT make the money."
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Newch91 wrote:
    Pryor eligible for supplemental draft, suspended first 5 games of the season.

Paulie from the Dan Patrick show made an interesting point...if Tressel were to sign to an NFL team as an assistant coach, would he have to sit 5 games as well?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

As much as I love football season, part of the reason I like it is because there is an off season. Don't saturate the season with extra games.

In reality, the NFL does a pretty good job of keeping the league relevant all year (Super Bowl, Draft, Pre-Season)...don't add games.

PBM

cut two preseaon games and start the season earlier. done.

or cut one preseason game and the bye week. done

but please, for the love of all that is good, don't drag the season on longer.

drives my nuts that they don't play the ncaa title game until the middle of jan now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:

PBM

cut two preseaon games and start the season earlier. done.

or cut one preseason game and the bye week. done

but please, for the love of all that is good, don't drag the season on longer.

drives my nuts that they don't play the ncaa title game until the middle of jan now.
    Which bye week are you talking about, the regular season bye or the off week between Conference championships and the Super Bowl? That one they should cut.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Which bye week are you talking about, the regular season bye or the off week between Conference championships and the Super Bowl? That one they should cut.

Yeah, I realize they get an extra week to rest and heal before the big game, but a little air is let out of the balloon.

There is a ton of momentum and then they shut things down for 2 weeks.

PBM

Reg season bye.

I think you want the extra week for the sb to allow the teams a little extra rime to prepare
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    81 wrote:
    looks like we are getting the eagles/steelers game tonight on fox. good game to scout.

holy crap....so unbelievably busy at work i forgot this game was tonigh :shock:
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    looks like we are getting the eagles/steelers game tonight on fox. good game to scout.

I don't know who I should root for in that game...the raper or the dog killer?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

i could care less about those two. i'm more interested in seeing hte running game of each.

I think McCoy can be the next Westbrook, but thus far, he's not delivered that great fantasy season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,861
    Newch91 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I don't know who I should root for in that game...the alledged raper or the ex convict dog killer?
    fixed!! ;)

yes Ben is a douchebag. GO STEELERS!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    alleged

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    fixed

reported
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Fantasy draft tonight. I normally never get one of the top picks. If I get one of the first 3 picks, what players should I look at?
    norm wrote:
    alleged

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol:
    81 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

i could care less about those two. i'm more interested in seeing hte running game of each.

I think McCoy can be the next Westbrook, but thus far, he's not delivered that great fantasy season

1700 all purpose yards wasn't enough for you last year? :lol:
    www.myspace.com

outside of a few weeks, he was very average

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/931 ... aOHf3.uLYF

10 weeks under 70 yards rushing. only 4 games with a rushing td. only cracked 20 carries once and that week, he only had 64 yards with no td's

unless he steps up, he's a second tier rb.

i'd like to see numbers like this (Arian Foster)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/952 ... aOHf3.uLYF
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

outside of a few weeks, he was very average

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/931 ... aOHf3.uLYF

10 weeks under 70 yards rushing. only 4 games with a rushing td. only cracked 20 carries once and that week, he only had 64 yards with no td's

unless he steps up, he's a second tier rb.

i'd like to see numbers like this (Arian Foster)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/952 ... aOHf3.uLYF

this is why i'm not a big fantasy sports guy. :lol:

he's not arian foster. different kind of back. he'll never consistently crack 20 carries a game. do you know who his coach is? plus ronnie brown will get a few touches a game too. all that aside, i think he's one of the top overall backs in the league.

i'm not sure how you're league works but i think lead the eagles in receptions with 78 for 600 yards. scored 9 td's.

also, you keep bringing up westbrook. mccoy's numbers last year compare very favorably to an average b west year. they are very similiar backs. expect similiar numbers from mccoy this year...
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    If you get credit for receptions then i think mccoy is a late first rounder
  • 81 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up - should be good!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    also, you keep bringing up westbrook. mccoy's numbers last year compare very favorably to an average b west year. they are very similiar backs. expect similiar numbers from mccoy this year...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/597 ... 8SjAH.uLYF

not quite to the westbrook level

in 06 westbrook at 1212 yards rushing and 699 yards recieving (77 catches) w/ 11td's
    07 he was at 1333, 771, 90 w/12td's

that's 1900+ yards and 2100+
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Fantasy draft tomorrow night. 10th pick in 12 team league. Hard to prepare when you have no idea who will be available when you're up.
    The Fixer wrote:

late first round i'm taking andre Johnson or White from atlanta.

unless you get a top 3 RB, there is just too much risk to take the 8th or 9th best rb early. i'd rather get some bookend WR's and fill my RB roster out with a couple of mid tier backs and a bunch of prospects. Over the last few years i've picked up westbrook, gore, & foster with mid round selections. foster was a 7th rounder in one leagure for me last year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Fantasy draft tomorrow night. 10th pick in 12 team league. Hard to prepare when you have no idea who will be available when you're up.

best player available is my moto, regardless of position
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

unless you get a top 3 RB, there is just too much risk to take the 8th or 9th best rb early. i'd rather get some bookend WR's and fill my RB roster out with a couple of mid tier backs and a bunch of prospects. Over the last few years i've picked up westbrook, gore, & foster with mid round selections. foster was a 7th rounder in one leagure for me last year.

That's exactly what I'm hoping to do with my 10th pick. I'm thinking a big time WR and then a top tier QB with the 2nd round pick.
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That's exactly what I'm hoping to do with my 10th pick. I'm thinking a big time WR and then a top tier QB with the 2nd round pick.

depends on scoring.

after the top few qb's, there is alot of parity. I was using Cutler alot last year, as i was able to pick him up super late. heck, i picked him up late again this year.

here is my first draft of this fantasy season. i was 8th out of 10. i most likely took tolbert too high, but i'm not sold on mathews.

we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 1D and 1w/r flex. pretty standard scoring, point per reception and 6 for a passing td

1. (8) Andre Johnson
    (Hou - WR)
    2. (13) Roddy White
    (Atl - WR)
    3. (28) Reggie Wayne
    (Ind - WR)
    4. (33) LeGarrette Blount
    (TB - RB)
    5. (48) Dallas Clark
    (Ind - TE)
    6. (53) Matt Schaub
    (Hou - QB)
    7. (68) Beanie Wells
    (Ari - RB)
    8. (73) Mike Tolbert
    (SD - RB)
    9. (88) Marshawn Lynch
    (Sea - RB)
    10. (93) Jay Cutler
    (Chi - QB)
    11. (108) Mike Williams
    (Sea - WR)
    12. (113) Marcedes Lewis
    (Jac - TE)
    13. (128) Roy Williams
    (Chi - WR)
    14. (133) Jason Snelling
    (Atl - RB)
    15. (148) Garrett Hartley
    (NO - K)
    16. (153) Detroit
    (Det - DEF)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

in 06 westbrook at 1212 yards rushing and 699 yards recieving (77 catches) w/ 11td's

i said an average westbrook year. you mentioned his two best...two of the best in eagles franchise history.

mccoy had 1700 in his first year as a starter. 1900 is probably something he'll surpass this year.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

i said an average westbrook year. you mentioned his two best...two of the best in eagles franchise history.

mccoy had 1700 in his first year as a starter. 1900 is probably something he'll surpass this year.

those are the years i had him. :lol:

i think i went back for one my year in 08 when he started to tail off.

i expected those sort of numbers last year from McCoy. if i can get him in the 3rd round, i'll take him. or maybe in the late 2nd round....depending on draft postiona of each league.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.