Fantasy Football List for the geeks

Comments

• wow, how things have changed in just 5 weeks. Just got offered Calvin Johnson & Ryan Torain for Mendenhall. Rejected it immediately. And I could use the WR help having lost Mark Clayton
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    youngster wrote:
    Big decision to make this week.

Dallas Clark or Aaron Hernandez?

Dallas Clark has almost been taken out of the Colts offense the past couple weeks because defenses have been putting a linebacker and a safety on him many plays.

Aaron Hernandez has become one of Tom Brady's favorite targets and hasn't dissapointed. Now with Moss gone, I think he will be targeted much more.

Any suggestions?

Sorry if I'm too late. Loving Aaron Hernandez. I've got to choose between him and Brent Celek.

I've got Celek in, simply because I think Kolb needs that short safe option, and he's scored the past couple of weeks.

I like Hernandez better, but I want to see this offense without Moss, and with Branch et. all.

With that said I truly feel that Hernandez is going to go off this week.

Between him and Clark though I think you have to roll with Clark.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Rolling thru fantasy land this week with a 3-0 record.

Sitting with records of
    4-2
    4-2
    3-3
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    looks like i will go 1-2 this week.

of course i left mcfadden on the bench in one league. play him and his 50 points and i win. :?

but as we sit at mid season, very pleased with my biggest money league. i have a dominant team, the other two leagues will take some playoff magic
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    looks like i will go 1-2 this week.

of course i left mcfadden on the bench in one league. play him and his 50 points and i win. :?

but as we sit at mid season, very pleased with my biggest money league. i have a dominant team, the other two leagues will take some playoff magic

I also left McFadden out as he was listed at doubtful. I was pissed yesterday. I am down by 50 points so i need the giants to win big today to climb back in. have both Rb and manningham playing. hopefully they get me big points against the cowgirls
    Need a qb off the scrap heap? Kitna for the win. :?

both my qb's are on bye weeks this week, so Kitna is in and i like it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    81 wrote:

against the jags that is actually a good choice. a week of practice and against a bad team. the cowboys might actually win a game on sunday.
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

against the jags that is actually a good choice. a week of practice and against a bad team. the cowboys might actually win a game on sunday.

this is in my 12 team league. with most people having two qb's, not a lot of good stuff out there. Kitna has played well in every city he has been in, at least in cincy at detroit, but the team always brings in somebody else and shuffles him to the bench.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    this is my pick up of the week if i had a spot on my roster....James Jones

or should i dump Kolb to grab him. qb's are Big Ben, Cutler and Kolb. i know, i have extra's qb's.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Traded for larry fitz and started him,picked up and started blount,grabbed det's def,i'd say it was a good week. orton and eli,AP,Turner,blount,bush,R.White,L.Fitz,V.Jackson,J.Knox,A.gonzalez who's starting tomorrow. Daniels and Moewai. Made a couple trades and have set myself for a strong strong finish.
    Go Birds!!!!
    bye weeks, ny jets kicking and the dallas d sunk my best team.

my other two teams both won, but the one team was pathetic in a 74-71 victory. :?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Damn you benson. Drop that ball and give me the win
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Hottiest team in the league,3 weeks ago i was last in points down by 148. Now im 3pts out of the lead,couple of trades and finially getting qb play helps. If Finley didn't get hurt i'd be running away with my big 10 man 100 league.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    my team scored 168.5 points this week! Definitely a record in our league.
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
    Hottiest team in the league,3 weeks ago i was last in points down by 148. Now im 3pts out of the lead,couple of trades and finially getting qb play helps. If Finley didn't get hurt i'd be running away with my big 10 man 100 league.

that's waht is pissing me off. I lead my biggest money league in scoreing at 1228 points, but have the 5th best record at 5-4, mostly because i have given up the second most points at 1107. currently, that puts me in the playoff bracket with the other guy that has 1200 points. grrrrr

my other league i am leading in scoring at 1196 with a 6-3 record, one game back. i'm ok with this.

on the bright side, my last team sucks. i'm 9th in scoring, however, i sport a winning record at 5-4, currently sitting 6th in the standings. i'll be happy making the playoffs and hopeing for the best.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Who do I start at WR this week.

C Johnson
    D Jackson
    M Wallace
    D Bryant

Need to start 3.
    All great options.
    Can't decide.
  • 4-5 and 3-6

:x

I have the worst luck in Fantasy Football
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    my brother started shaun hill over matt ryan this week. i'm more pissed than he is
  • took it on the chin this week. my team that i thought sucked, worst auction i ever had, came into the week 6-3, playing a 7-2 team. a win would pull me into a tie in my division. And I lose 129-128, in a league where 100 is a pretty good week. and worst of all, he had Garrard, so he got 11 points from that ridiculous hail mary where a Texan smacked the ball right into the hands of Mike Thomas for a 52 yard TD. Not much better in my othe rleague, where I'm up 72-52 (50 is a very good week) but my opponent has Vick & maclin tonight. A win int hat league would give me sole possession of 1st place and a great shot at a 1st round bye
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I just loss this week because of D. Jacksons 88 yard TD reception. Thought that possibly he'd have a quiet game and I would squeak by. No chance. I am sucking this year at fantasy football. I am in 8th place in a 10 person league.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • 4-0 this week,In 1st or tied for 1st in every league. I see money in the near future :)
    Go Birds!!!!
  • tough choice this week. need to start 2 oiut of Mike goodson, Keiland Williams, Legarrette Blount and Ryan matthews. Eliminated matthews due to his questionable status and very good chance for 0 points. Was gonna start Williams, (who i had n my bench last week with 37 points...I lost by 1) but with Portis playing I am leaning toward Goodson, even though it's against Baltimore. sad as it is, he will be the focal point of the offense. which says more about the Carolina offense than it does about goodson.....Hope Williams doesn't burn me again
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    damn it. my 116 points would have beaten every other team in the league....guy i played had 176 and still has brandon lloyd going tonight. i am fully expecting him to have 30 points.
    www.myspace.com
    Gore out w/ injury, Westbrook in.

I just grabbed Westbrook for my team with crappy backs.

worth a flyer if your backs suck as bad as mine
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Bizarro wrote:
    Gore out w/ injury, Westbrook in.

I just grabbed Westbrook for my team with crappy backs.

worth a flyer if your backs suck as bad as mine

Gore's injury sealed a win for me this week. I won't win my league but at least it looks like ill have a respectable record.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    Gore has a broken hip.

Have to assume Westbrook will get the bulk of the work down the stretch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,823
    Holy crap in one of my leagues i got 109 points just from Thursdays game :o

It's a peal Jam private league and I had Vick, Andre Johnson, foster, mccoy and rackers :)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    vick had 43 in one league. sadly, he was on my opponents team.

and westbrook is dinged up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    and here come the playoffs.

#2 seed with the highest scoring team in league 1
    #4 seed with a crappy team in league 2
    4th or 5th seed with #2 scoring team in league 3
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    with 57 minutes left unitl kickoff, one of the teams i'm playing has Malcom Floyd in their starting line up for a semi final match up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg