Fantasy Football List for the geeks

Comments

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    [

i think i'd go palmer....your results may vary. :lol:[/quote]

are you laughing at my QB picks. i never bet against NE and while i know teh Pats D is weak i just think that they will come out strong for game 1. Vince was my last pick and last pick in the draft.[/quote]

just laughing because we completly disagree. Palmer could have a good season. Vince is a servicable replacement for by weeks. I personally would start Palmer. He has better WR's. TN is a running team going up a solid secondary in Oakland.

Now if you took Palmer while Bree's, Payton, Brady or a handful of others were still on the board, than yes, i am laughing at your QB's. :mrgreen:

your results may vary.[/quote]

ok, no Palmer was my 3rd last pick. based my picks on RB and WR and TE. yes Vince is not a great QB but you get 6 points for running TD and vince can run.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it's your team...if you think vince will have a better week, than start him. sounds like you prefer him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Just ran another Mock Draft for the big day on Saturday. I have the 7th pick and ended up with...

A. Rodgers
    R. Mathews
    A. Foster
    M. Crabtree
    M. Colston

Not too shabby!!
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Here is a league that has been around for almost 20 years.

I'm the Atlanta Braves, Seattle Stallions, Boston Wildstallions, Columbus Bulldogs, and the Los Angeles Express.

We own our teams for ever and only conduct rookie type drafts each year. There is no money involved but it is awesome.

http://www.microleague.org/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    looks like should be 1-0 at the end of the games tonight :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    looks like should be 1-0 at the end of the games tonight :mrgreen:

i'll be 2-1 this week. the league where i had arian foster, i'll be 2-0. in the 3rd league, i'm tied going in with ray rice vs. phillips and sd kicker. that game, he had foster and drafted him about 2 picks before i was going to grab him. fucker

my one league i demolished my opponent 196-60 and i still have Gates going tonight.

QB Jay Cutler, 26
    RB Chris Johnson, 30
    RB Matt Forte, 38
    RB/WR Arian Foster, 42
    WR Roddy White, 24
    WR Greg Jennings, 19
    TE Antonio Gates,
    D/ST Giants D/ST, 14
    K Ryan Longwell, 3

this team could do some damage
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    how could you be anything more than 1-0 or 0-1 after the first week of the season? :shock:
    www.myspace.com
    how could you be anything more than 1-0 or 0-1 after the first week of the season? :shock:

3 leagues :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Jay Cutler is my qb. if he stays healthy, he's going to have over 4000 yards and 25tds. plus a few picks. nobody is taking him, so you can pick him up late. i've grabbed him in rounds 8 and 9 in my two leagues.

Big Ben is sliding down the draft board as well and is an excellent back up.

Arian Foster is a steal in any round from 5 on down.

looking for some sleeper wr's? look no farther than Denver. Royal or Gaffney. A few other deep sleepers? nate washington. you heard it here first. get him in a late late round.

Cutler is ok i'd still rather have Kolb or Stafford and they can be had later on. I agree about Ben,Foster worries me cause he din't take advantage of the oppurinity last year. i wouldn't go near any Denver player not named Moreno and even he worries me. If ur talkn about sleeper at the Wr look out for either Maclin,Knox or the other CHi Wr Ashman whatever his name is.

you still likeing Stafford and Kolb :lol: I told you Stafford would get killed.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    final score is in.....

214-68

i kind of feel for the guy. being a lions fan and all.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    Just lost my RB Ryan Grant for the season. have to do some patch work now.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Won 3, lost 1 in week 1. The one loss is my biggest money league.
  • 1-0 in both leagues

Not really happy with my teams performances but I won
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    fife wrote:
    Just lost my RB Ryan Grant for the season. have to do some patch work now.
    I tried to grab jackson, but he was gone in two leagues and i misses him on waivers in the third. Marooney could be interesting, as could lynch if he gets traded to gb
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Hey, Nerds. Looking for someone to make a decision for me here so I don't have to do it myself, thus being able blame someone else - this week, Vick or Rodgers at QB? I'm thinking of staying with Rodgers because Buffalo is so bad, worse than Detroit. Then again I'm getting a lot more points for the rush yards and rush TD's(4 pts for pass, 6 for rush). Decide for me.
    I would start Rodgers every week including his bye week....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newman. wrote:

People are on Rodgers jock like he's John Holmes. It's not like the dude lit it up last week. BUT, I'm taking your advice since I asked for it. Gonna see what I can get for Vick by Sunday.
    Newman. wrote:

People are on Rodgers jock like he's John Holmes. It's not like the dude lit it up last week. BUT, I'm taking your advice since I asked for it. Gonna see what I can get for Vick by Sunday.

vick would be a great pick this week....if you didn't have one of the top 3 or 4 qb's as your other qb.

i think the birds are gonna roll by the way...
    www.myspace.com
  • Newman. wrote:

vick would be a great pick this week....if you didn't have one of the top 3 or 4 qb's as your other qb.

At -6? I'd take Detroit. Birds win, but the kittens cover.

And like I said, hopefully I can get a bench rb for Vick that's decent.

At -6? I'd take Detroit. Birds win, but the kittens cover.

dude i'll take the birds at -9 this week.
    www.myspace.com

• At -6? I'd take Detroit. Birds win, but the kittens cover.

Missing Bradley up the middle is huge. And I just don't think Detroit is the Detroit of the last decade. Still bad, but not that bad.
    i dunno, detroit is an interesting team this week. they could come out super amped after last weeks "catch"
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Missing Bradley up the middle is huge. And I just don't think Detroit is the Detroit of the last decade. Still bad, but not that bad.

totally hear you. bradley going down is bigger than kolb. detroit's better. but shaun hill is their qb. and their secondary is porous. andy's teams rarely lose two in a row. i really think the players will rally around vick. i think vick's gonna put up some huge numbers. we roll. and we'll probably roll the next week against the jags too. vick's probably gonna be qb again if the nfl/birds play this as conservatively as you'd expect. then imagine all that nonsense heading into the donovan game. andy's really dug himself a nice little hole here...
    www.myspace.com

• Missing Bradley up the middle is huge. And I just don't think Detroit is the Detroit of the last decade. Still bad, but not that bad.

totally hear you. bradley going down is bigger than kolb. detroit's better. but shaun hill is their qb. and their secondary is porous. andy's teams rarely lose two in a row. i really think the players will rally around vick. i think vick's gonna put up some huge numbers. we roll. and we'll probably roll the next week against the jags too. vick's probably gonna be qb again if the nfl/birds play this as conservatively as you'd expect. then imagine all that nonsense heading into the donovan game. andy's really dug himself a nice little hole here...

Aaaaaaannnnnnd they covered.
    Looks like i'll be 3-0 in my thre leages
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    glad i benched Favre & started Vick! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Snelling was on my wire yesterday - anyone know if he can keep it up and whether he'll be back to 3rd string if the others come back?

I got Thomas (NO), McCoy (PHA) and Forte (CHI) as my RB's ... who's gonna have the best season out of those guys? ... i need to trade one for a WR ...

Aaaaaaannnnnnd they covered.

18 point lead with under 6 minutes to play. the dreaded back door cover strikes yet again. :lol:
    should have won by 2 touchdowns damn it.
    www.myspace.com
    donovan mcnabb....still a beast.

i should have started him over peyton last night :lol: ......however i need a receiver in the worst way. trade bait baby! come on 5---get me a receiver :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Snelling was on my wire yesterday - anyone know if he can keep it up and whether he'll be back to 3rd string if the others come back?

I got Thomas (NO), McCoy (PHA) and Forte (CHI) as my RB's ... who's gonna have the best season out of those guys? ... i need to trade one for a WR ...

Of those three I would try to trade Thomas because New Orleans is always a pass first team and they are giving more carries to Reggie Bush. Now if you were looking to trade the best one for a top WR then I would say McCoy is the best of the three.

Oh and I may end up 5-0 for the week. Woo-hoo!