Fantasy Football List for the geeks

jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
1. Chris Johnson is the number pick followed by AP,MJD,RR.
2. Arron Rodgers will be by far the best fantasy qb he should be taken in the first rd in any league that gives 6pts for passing td's and 1pt for 25yds passing or lower. Id recommend considering him anywhere from the 6th pick on.
3. J. Finley and B.Celek will be the 2 top TE's this year. Finley will be the best if he and Rodgers stay health.
4. STAY AWAY FROM LARRY FITZ, his value is shit with Leinart,upgrade him if D.Anderson is the starter but he's not a top 5 fantasy wr this year. D.Jackson and Miles Austin are for real and should be drafted ahead of Fitz imo. A.Johnson is a stud which we all know but look out for Calvin Johnson to have a big year.
5. Matthew Stafford and Kevin Kolb will be the best qb's drafted late,both these guys could be #1 one fantasy qbs and should be available later on. Staffords gonna be a stud which is why i feel C.Johnson will be as well.
Go Birds!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    6.Ryan Mathews is going to be a BEAST !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I like him but besides Gates and Rivers im not sold on anyone else on that team. There o-line hasn't opened a hole in 2 1/2 yrs and with Jackson out thers not a scary WR on the team. I like him as a #2 at best i think Sd struggles this year more then in the past.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I like him but besides Gates im not sold on anyone else on that team. There o-line hasn't opened a hole in 2 1/2 yrs and with Jackson out thers not a scary WR on the team. I like him as a #2 at best i think Sd struggles this year more then in the past.

Yeah I like him a lot...Your original post I have Rodgers and Finley in my one league

As a rule I never draft any Iggles..I dont want to jinx it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Celek and jackson are gonna but up big numbers. Kolb will be a top 12qb imo as well. My big leagues draft is tomorrow night and my other leagues draft is saturday night. I can't wait i'm hoping for either picks 1,2,3 or 7,8 or 9. Picks 5-10 are gonna be different for everyone i'd say. In my league which is 6pts for all tds my top 10 is CJ,AP,MJD,RR,S.Jackson,Gore,Turner,Rodgers,A.Johnson,Brees.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Celek and jackson are gonna but up big numbers. Kolb will be a top 12qb imo as well. My big leagues draft is tomorrow night and my other leagues draft is saturday night. I can't wait i'm hoping for either picks 1,2,3 or 7,8 or 9. Picks 5-10 are gonna be different for everyone i'd say. In my league which is 6pts for all tds my top 10 is CJ,AP,MJD,RR,S.Jackson,Gore,Turner,Rodgers,A.Johnson,Brees.
    :ugeek:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Jay Cutler is my qb. if he stays healthy, he's going to have over 4000 yards and 25tds. plus a few picks. nobody is taking him, so you can pick him up late. i've grabbed him in rounds 8 and 9 in my two leagues.

Big Ben is sliding down the draft board as well and is an excellent back up.

Arian Foster is a steal in any round from 5 on down.

looking for some sleeper wr's? look no farther than Denver. Royal or Gaffney. A few other deep sleepers? nate washington. you heard it here first. get him in a late late round.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Jay Cutler is my qb. if he stays healthy, he's going to have over 4000 yards and 25tds. plus a few picks. nobody is taking him, so you can pick him up late. i've grabbed him in rounds 8 and 9 in my two leagues.

looking for some sleeper wr's? look no farther than Denver. Royal or Gaffney. A few other deep sleepers? nate washington. you heard it here first. get him in a late late round.

Cutler is ok i'd still rather have Kolb or Stafford and they can be had later on. I agree about Ben,Foster worries me cause he din't take advantage of the oppurinity last year. i wouldn't go near any Denver player not named Moreno and even he worries me. If ur talkn about sleeper at the Wr look out for either Maclin,Knox or the other CHi Wr Ashman whatever his name is.
    Go Birds!!!!
    81 wrote:

Cutler is ok i'd still rather have Kolb or Stafford and they can be had later on. I agree about Ben,Foster worries me cause he din't take advantage of the oppurinity last year. i wouldn't go near any Denver player not named Moreno and even he worries me. If ur talkn about sleeper at the Wr look out for either Maclin,Knox or the other CHi Wr Ashman whatever his name is.

Devin Aromoshodu (SP). I picked up Knox and Devin in one league. I wouldn't touch Moreno. Injuries going into the season scare me. Of those three qb's, i'd go Cutler, Kolb, Stafford. Stafford will get killed, and Kolb is very unproven, but has a ton of weapons. I think Denver is going to throw the ball all over the place this year. The running game out there will be weak and Orton is a very underrated qb. wouldn't suprise me if he gets close to 4K yards. It'd be alot of dink and dunk stuff since he doesn't have a monster arm.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    2. Arron Rodgers will be by far the best fantasy qb he should be taken in the first rd in any league that gives 6pts for passing td's and 1pt for 25yds passing or lower. Id recommend considering him anywhere from the 6th pick on.
    3. J. Finley and B.Celek will be the 2 top TE's this year. Finley will be the best if he and Rodgers stay health.
    4. STAY AWAY FROM LARRY FITZ, his value is shit with Leinart,upgrade him if D.Anderson is the starter but he's not a top 5 fantasy wr this year. D.Jackson and Miles Austin are for real and should be drafted ahead of Fitz imo. A.Johnson is a stud which we all know but look out for Calvin Johnson to have a big year.
    5. Matthew Stafford and Kevin Kolb will be the best qb's drafted late,both these guys could be #1 one fantasy qbs and should be available later on. Staffords gonna be a stud which is why i feel C.Johnson will be as well.

Where were you last week?!

I'm a moron.
    My team 2nd pick overall, Kolb,Favre,AP,D,williams,R.brown,cj spiller,r.white,r.meachem,n,burleson,d.aromashadu,j,harrison,j.finley,c.cooley,gostawski,gould,dal and wash def.I love my draft I can start either 2rb and 2 wr or 1rb or 3wr on 3rb or 1wr. stud team sp if finley does what i think he will do
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572

look out for all the picks kolb's gonna toss this year dude ;)

he'll be a high round pick next year.
    www.myspace.com

Ha ha, i was pissed i thought Schaub was coming to me,then the dude before me took him. Qb then wasn't a top priority to me,i took Kolb first then got Favre a few rds later.
    Go Birds!!!!
    Had my other draft tonight 8 team league,i ended up with the 7th pick.
    QB Rodgers,stafford
    RB s.jackson,j charles,k.moreno,a.bradshaw,m.barber
    WR r.wayne,c.johnson,s.smith(car),santana moss,H.nicks
    TE Finley,winslow
    K kaeding
    Stud team can't wait for the season.
    Go Birds!!!!

Ha ha, i was pissed i thought Schaub was coming to me,then the dude before me took him. Qb then wasn't a top priority to me,i took Kolb first then got Favre a few rds later.

how early did you take kolb??
    www.myspace.com
    Rd 8 for Kolb,rd 12 for Favre.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

Can you please define "by far"?

I'd give the edge to Rodgers over Brady (and yeah, I'm a Pats fan, too) ... but, "by far" over Manning and Brees ... I'm curious as to what that means.

I have an issue with Rodgers because he tends to hold onto the ball a bit too long, and while he's tough, he's a decent injury risk. From last year, he was sacked 50 times. Peyton - 10 and Brees - 20.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:

Can you please define "by far"?

I'd give the edge to Rodgers over Brady (and yeah, I'm a Pats fan, too) ... but, "by far" over Manning and Brees ... I'm curious as to what that means.

I have an issue with Rodgers because he tends to hold onto the ball a bit too long, and while he's tough, he's a decent injury risk. From last year, he was sacked 50 times. Peyton - 10 and Brees - 20.

And he still put up 327 in my league last year. While brees was 2nd with 280,Rodgers has a TE all year who is gonna be a stud,jennings will be better and healthier and driver just seems to Hines Ward pt2. Another year means better chemistary and having Finley all year will imo put him atleast 340-375pts in my league. There line will bve better this year as well and something tells me Jared Allen won't have i think 7 sacks in 2 games against them this year. Im an Eagles fan and could care less about the Pack,im just a dude who wins ffb leagues year after year.
    Go Birds!!!!
    again, I fully agree he's top 3 in fantasy football, could end up #1 by year's end.

I'm just not sure what your claim that he's be "by far" the #1 over Manning and Brees means. I just don't see it being that obvious.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    oh, and whomever said Arian Foster is a nice sleeper, I'm all on board.

Have him in 2 of 3 leagues already.

• jimed14 wrote:
    again, I fully agree he's top 3 in fantasy football, could end up #1 by year's end.

I'm just not sure what your claim that he's be "by far" the #1 over Manning and Brees means. I just don't see it being that obvious.

I agree with you 100%

No way I take him over Brees and Manning.
    jimed14 wrote:

I agree with you 100%

He was a better fantasy qb then both last year,remember its FANTASY FOOTBALL. Id take Brees and Manning in a big game over Rodgers. rodgers 327, Brees 280,Manning 272 are numbers that dont lie.
    Go Birds!!!!
    jimed14 wrote:

I agree with you 100%

He was a better fantasy qb then both last year,remember its FANTASY FOOTBALL. Id take Brees and Manning in a big game over Rodgers. rodgers 327, Brees 280,Manning 272 are numbers that dont lie.

depends on scoreing format as well. in my one league he had 520 points, brees was 491 and manning was 486 with schaumb at 481

not that big of a gap. seems like the thing that seperated him was the 300 rushing yards.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

sounds about right.

if rice didn't go down, farve would've went a lot higher, i'm sure.
    www.myspace.com

sounds about right.

if rice didn't go down, farve would've went a lot higher, i'm sure.
    Exactly and im starting to get a good feeling about Greg Carmillo as well. I think im starting Kolb in a shoot out against Gb. My league has a different starting format,we can start either 2rb or 2wr or 3rb- 1wr or 1rb and 3wr. AP,D.Williams and R.brown with roddy white is dangerous.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I am very upset over my team. lucky for me i have 2 more drafts and this one is not worth that much.

1. Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
    2. Roddy White (Atl - WR)
    3. Vincent Jackson (SD - WR)
    4. Thomas Jones (KC - RB)
    5. Robert Meachem (NO - WR)
    6. Ricky Williams (Mia - RB)
    7. Sidney Rice (Min - WR)
    8. Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
    9. Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)
    10. Heath Miller (Pit - TE)
    11. Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)
    12. Anthony Gonzalez (Ind - WR)
    13. Chris Chambers (KC - WR)
    14. New England (NE - DEF)
    15. Kevin Smith (Det - RB)
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    Had my other draft tonight 8 team league,i ended up with the 7th pick.
    QB Rodgers,stafford
    RB s.jackson,j charles,k.moreno,a.bradshaw,m.barber
    WR r.wayne,c.johnson,s.smith(car),santana moss,H.nicks
    TE Finley,winslow
    K kaeding
    Stud team can't wait for the season.

Every team in an 8 team league is a stud team. Get some more friends. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    fife wrote:
    I am very upset over my team. lucky for me i have 2 more drafts and this one is not worth that much.

It looks like you specifically targeted players that are suspended, holding out, injured or trying to recover from a serious injury. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
    fife wrote:

It looks like you specifically targeted players that are suspended, holding out, injured or trying to recover from a serious injury. ;)

wish you were in my league with a team like that. Vincent Jackson in the 3rd round? Thomas Jones in the 4th. my god man, what were you thinking
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

wish you were in my league with a team like that. Vincent Jackson in the 3rd round? Thomas Jones in the 4th. my god man, what were you thinking

I was drunk :oops: also, there is like 15 people in this group. i had the 4 pick which i used for rogers. but this was bad. my other 2 i have to concentrate with as they are worth more.
    fyi, mjd has a sore knee....draft with caution.

i'll be taking ray rice at #3 overall tommorrow night
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg