FIVE GUYS vs. IN 'N OUT ....which is better?

Comments

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    That is just messed up JOEJOEJOE :( and I don't believe it at all!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    PJPixie wrote:

more messed up then Animal fries, eh?

:)
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

Just imagine Animal Fries with BACON!! the gateway meat!! Can you imagine???

PJPixie wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

Just imagine Animal Fries with BACON!! the gateway meat!! Can you imagine???

That could be yummy!

I had a hankering at lunch for some chilli cheese fat fries from Fatburger, but my laziness got the best of me!
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    You guys like Tommy's burgers?
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    No :(
    I like Tommy's fries, they're almost as good as Fatburger Fat Fries but Tommy's burgers kill me.

Lizard wrote:

For some reason, I only like Tommys when I am dire need of comfort food.

A triple burger and Chili cheese fries at 1am make the world a better place!
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

For some reason, I only like Tommys when I am dire need of comfort food.

A triple burger and Chili cheese fries at 1am make the world a better place!

If everyone is going to Tommy's after a show at the Music Box, I'll go........and I'll get a hotdog...but I'll never be the one to say "Lets go to Tommy's".

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    They are OK to me---my family seems to love them tho. It's a ritual now after they go deep sea fishing....
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I *finally* tried Five Guys the other day, it's good but not as much as In n' Out though! I do appreciate the free peanuts though lol
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    Haven't tried those two, but I like Red Robin
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    Anyone ever trey Jake's Wayback Burgers? One just opened near me, decided to try them, pretty good.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    five guys.....not even close
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    so i just had a five guys burger

not even a competition...it's good but it's just a typical burger...frys are good but a little soggy...and it's way overpriced

in-n-out has nothing to worry about in this contest
  • norm wrote:
    so i just had a five guys burger

not even a competition...it's good but it's just a typical burger...frys are good but a little soggy...and it's way overpriced

in-n-out has nothing to worry about in this contest

Norm, I couldn't agree with you more
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Why can't there be In & Outs in Chicago???

I've never tried it, but it's gotten so hyped up I want to.. Five Guys is ok, but nothing special.

Well, at least we have White Castle. 8-)
  • Why can't there be In & Outs in Chicago???

I've never tried it, but it's gotten so hyped up I want to.. Five Guys is ok, but nothing special.

A portillo's cheeseburger blows away those other 2.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Why can't there be In & Outs in Chicago???

I don't really like Portillos cheeseburgers. I think they taste generic. :?

I don't really like Portillos cheeseburgers. I think they taste generic. :?

really?!! I love the slight charred taste and at least they put some crisp lettuce on their burger. Mmmm.

I can't eat white castle-- I once lived in an apartment where my bedroom overlooked the parking lot of the WC at Harlem and Ogden! (pretty sure you know where that is.)
  • Ive done both and I like 5 guys, not really close IMO with the toppings. My fav. is my own with Buffalo sauteed onions and shrooms with goat cheese.

Oh man if they had In 'N Out burger in Chicago, I would gain 20 pounds.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Why doesn't in n out deliver? Thatd be A W E S O M E
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Never had in and out burger. I have had Five Guys and it is very good.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    In n' Out is fucking awesome!

After eating 5 Guys recently, besides the layout and menu sharing simularities, it's not even a close comparison. In n' Out is so much better. Plus, 5 Guys if freaking expensive!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    I'd love to try In' N' Out.... heard so many good things, unfortunately there are none in the state of Texas.... I know the first place I will be going next time I'm out Californee way.....

I do LOVE 5 guys though.... such a good burger and fries... I just ate brunch and I'm salivating over the thought of 5 guys.. :lol: ....

oh - and to the earlier poster about the fries being soggy - just don't close the bag on the way home... they stay crispy (but get colder faster) if you don't close the top of the bag...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    shep wrote:
    I'd love to try In' N' Out.... heard so many good things, unfortunately there are none in the state of Texas.... I know the first place I will be going next time I'm out Californee way.....

I do LOVE 5 guys though.... such a good burger and fries... I just ate brunch and I'm salivating over the thought of 5 guys.. :lol: ....

oh - and to the earlier poster about the fries being soggy - just don't close the bag on the way home... they stay crispy (but get colder faster) if you don't close the top of the bag...

Shep...they're all over Dallas! i was shocked when we moved here & saw them. i just ate there yesterday!

go here...
    http://www.innout.com/locations.asp
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    mfc2006 wrote:
    shep wrote:

Shep...they're all over Dallas! i was shocked when we moved here & saw them. i just ate there yesterday!

go here...

They made a distribution/packing plant somewhere in Dallas and I heard that they may expand throughout Texas so I wouldn't be surprised if Houston (and Austin) get In 'N Out sometime soon.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    mfc2006 wrote:

go here...

wow... they are all over Dallas aren't they?

None in Houston, Austin, or San Antonio though... I wonder why?

Mental notes have been made for the next time I head up to Dallas for a hockey game.... thanks for the heads up!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Better Dan wrote:

They made a distribution/packing plant somewhere in Dallas and I heard that they may expand throughout Texas so I wouldn't be surprised if Houston (and Austin) get In 'N Out sometime soon.

Awesome!
  • Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    There aren't any In 'N' Outs near me so I've only ever tried a Five Guys burger, but the Five Guys burgers I've had have been awesome. The first time I went there, my girlfriend and I had no idea how much they give you so we each ordered our own fries. I don't think we even finished one order between the 2 of us because they overload the fry containers so much (which is a good thing, by the way). I think the rule of thumb they seem to use is this: put the burgers on the bottom of the bag, put the fry container on top of them and fill them until you can't see anything in the bag except fries. I also like the fact that they carry Pibb Extra in their soda fountain. That doesn't get distributed around here. I think I still prefer Dr. Pepper but that stuff is pretty badass, too.