Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Jason P said:

Why is the MJ logo on a football jersey?

UM deal with Nike, only football team with Jordan brand gear. Basketball is Jordan brand too. Rest of the teams have the swoosh.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,698
    norm said:

a month to go until the season starts!

in the meanwhile, here's some nonsense to tide you over

http://collegefootball.ap.org/top-100

notre dame at 3 IS nonsense.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    Notre Dame gets preferential treatment ALWAYS. Since the inception of the BCS and now the CFP, they are the only team that ESPN, sports writers, bloggers, etc still talk about "championship implications" after two losses, let alone one. Drives me up a fucking wall!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    8 National Championships. ND is a great program. I went to USC and therefore hate ND....but you have to tip the cap.
    USC at #5 is good....certainly far and away the most impacting team to the NFL but so many years where lots of NFL caliber talent is there and the results are not as good as they should have been.

Getting very excited about going to Dallas to see USC/Bama now that the Fenway trip is in the rearview mirror.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I think people forget how dominate notre Dame was back in the day
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

So was Army. How far back in the day are we going?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Everyone but Notre Dame fans seem to forget how irrelevant they've been for the last 23 years. They averaged a national title per decade up thru the 80s and have done diddly squat since. And STILL a 2-loss ND gets mentioned in national title talks. It's ridiculous. They need to join the fuckin ACC full-time or just get the hell out in all sports. Preferential treatment. If any other school made waves about being a part-time football member of any conference, the outcry would be an absolute cacophony. But ND does it, all's fine and well.
    And speaking of Army, why didn't Army & Navy get special exception to the BCS when it existed? "The five major conferences plus Notre Dame." What made them more important than the other two (at the time) independents?

• Options

I believe they went back as far as the first collegiate title.
  • Options

Everyone but Notre Dame fans seem to forget how irrelevant they've been for the last 23 years. They averaged a national title per decade up thru the 80s and have done diddly squat since. And STILL a 2-loss ND gets mentioned in national title talks. It's ridiculous. They need to join the fuckin ACC full-time or just get the hell out in all sports. Preferential treatment. If any other school made waves about being a part-time football member of any conference, the outcry would be an absolute cacophony. But ND does it, all's fine and well.
    And speaking of Army, why didn't Army & Navy get special exception to the BCS when it existed? "The five major conferences plus Notre Dame." What made them more important than the other two (at the time) independents?

I don't disagree. I hate Notre Dame. But that poll was recognizing all of them.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,573

Does BYU have that exception too?
  • Options
    BYU wasn't independent during the BCS era.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,817
    BYU, Army, and to a lesser extent, Navy, all suck at football these days.
    Happy to jump on the "Stab Everything Notre Dame" bandwagon, but they have been relevant in the last 23 years.
    There were a few years when Charlie Ate The Chocolate Factory was coach where they had excellent teams and lost in close games to keep them away from the title matchups. (I think one year they only lost to USC and Michigan...and the next year they were really good as well.)
    They gave us Mati Te'o, which is fucking comedy gold and provides relevance IMO.
    NBC makes them relevant...if they didn't have that contract they would be dust in the wind.
    That being said -- fuck them!
    From another USC alum...

• Options
    Almost here
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    $$ just spent on the USC tickets for Jerryworld vs. Bama. Hope we can hang in there and at least make it entertaining but will have good seats regardless.
    Less than 2 weeks!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Fuck me! I think I found the one thing that would make me want Alabama win a game... USC. Ugggghh
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Haters gonna hate. That is OK, used to it. My degree has served me well and I made friends for life....having a football team to root for is icing on the cake.
    What's in your wallet? ;)
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116

Troll Tide Troll
  • Options
    Shit just got real
    :lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Haha. I like that. I think The Juice is a piece of garbage. The fact that he was an all time beast in college doesn't make me like him.

• Options
    What OJ was on alabama?
  • Options

What OJ was on alabama?

OJ Howard. TE that had 208 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns in the national championship game.
  • Options

What OJ was on alabama?

OJ Howard. TE that had 208 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns in the national championship game.
    I watched every minute of that game and don't remember that guy. Old age.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

What OJ was on alabama?

I watched every minute of that game and don't remember that guy. Old age.
    Lol. He only had a handful of catches, so I can understand not remembering him, but both of his tds went for more than 50 yards.

And I like that shirt more for trolling Clemson than trolling SoCal/OJ Simpson.
  • Options
    if you didn't already know that college football is kind of a big deal.....

my buddy works the sidelines at ohio state games. AT&T just provided him with a 12 PAGE instuctional booklet on how to apply their decals to the headsets :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Well, I'm sure part of that is due to the fact it is at Ohio State. 11 of the 12 pages were most likely pictures.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Well, I'm sure part of that is due to the fact it is at Ohio State. 11 of the 12 pages were most likely pictures.

what are you trying to say, indiana boy? :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    shit.....utah's home opener is this thursday. I don't know if I'm ready. expected high temp 92.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Tough IPA weather
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    On a plane 48 hours from now. Fired up!
  • Options

On a plane 48 hours from now. Fired up!

By my math that's drunk in 40 hours
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead