Options

NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Wow, UW up to #10 in AP. As a Badger fan its exciting but I don't believe they are one of the 10 best teams in the country. I think being 16th in the coaches poll is more accurate.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    pureoc said:

Wow, UW up to #10 in AP. As a Badger fan its exciting but I don't believe they are one of the 10 best teams in the country. I think being 16th in the coaches poll is more accurate.

It's unlikely they stay in the top 25 at all. I don't know if they will play Michigan and OSU this year, but I don't think they can beat either of them.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

pureoc said:

It's unlikely they stay in the top 25 at all. I don't know if they will play Michigan and OSU this year, but I don't think they can beat either of them.
    Teams with 2 losses will be ranked.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

pureoc said:

Teams with 2 losses will be ranked.
    Sure, they can be. But I don't think those would be their only 2 losses.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    If Wisconsin was in the SEC, they'd be top 5. For beating another SEC team.
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383

pureoc said:

@Mich St
    @Mich
    OSU
    @Iowa
    Nebraska

That's how they start Big Ten play. I'd be extatic if they went 3-2 in those games, with hopefully a win vs osu whom I despise!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Options
    Pitt fans were told to wear white Saturday. Penn State fans were told to wear white Saturday. Interesting.

I guess we're lucky only 20 Pitt fans show up for home games...shouldn't be difficult to tell who's rooting for whom.

Local news making a big deal about this game. It's not a rivalry in my mind.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    Aren't they honoring the clown that covered for the pedophile Jerry Sandusky?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

Pitt fans were told to wear white Saturday. Penn State fans were told to wear white Saturday. Interesting.

I guess we're lucky only 20 Pitt fans show up for home games
    ...shouldn't be difficult to tell who's rooting for whom.

Local news making a big deal about this game. It's not a rivalry in my mind.

I went to their ACC opener against FSU in 2013; Jameis Winston's first collegiate start. It may as well have been in Doak. Nole fans easily drowned out the Pitt fans.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,681
    pureoc said:

recently, Utah was 6-0 and ranked #3 in a year where they weren't really any good. I think they went 3-3 after that and only made it back into the top 25 after they won their bowl hame.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wow, so many SEC haters. I don't really hate on any team other than Clemson so have at it.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    pureoc said:

pureoc said:

@Mich St
    @Mich
    OSU
    @Iowa
    Nebraska

That's how they start Big Ten play. I'd be extatic if they went 3-2 in those games, with hopefully a win vs osu whom I despise!
    Wisconsin will be extremely lucky to go 3-2 in those 5 games. Iowa and Nebraska are no push overs.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116

Wow, so many SEC haters. I don't really hate on any team other than Clemson so have at it.

We'd get along great! Go Gamecocks!
  • Options

fuck ya, both! :lol:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Awesome! I was travelling last week so missed most of the game but was able to catch the 4th quarter from my hotel room. So ready for tomorrow so I can see for myself how bad we are (according to the text messages I got last Thursday)!
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

fuck ya, both! :lol:
    Clemson fan? :lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    So few good games this weekend. Next weekend though.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,116

Awesome! I was travelling last week so missed most of the game but was able to catch the 4th quarter from my hotel room. So ready for tomorrow so I can see for myself how bad we are (according to the text messages I got last Thursday)!
    Both teams were pretty bad the whole game. We finally showed some life in the 4th quarter, but I don't think it will be enough when we play teams with better athletes. I wasn't too optimistic for this year, expecting to lose that first game. Regardless of record, I'll be happy if we show improvement and development with all the young guys we have to play.
  • Options
    Utah v. BYU Holy War tomorrow. Inwill be very, very grunpy if the Uts don't get the win.

my man, desmond howard, called mormon missions a "hustle" to bring back more physically mature players. it's true. fucking BYU.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Utah v. BYU Holy War tomorrow. Inwill be very, very grunpy if the Uts don't get the win.

my man, desmond howard, called mormon missions a "hustle" to bring back more physically mature players. it's true. fucking BYU.

Are you going?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options

Both teams were pretty bad the whole game. We finally showed some life in the 4th quarter, but I don't think it will be enough when we play teams with better athletes. I wasn't too optimistic for this year, expecting to lose that first game. Regardless of record, I'll be happy if we show improvement and development with all the young guys we have to play.
    I don't know anyone who has high hopes for this season. Five wins would probably be as optimistic as I would get. I am happy to at least now have a head coach who seems to give a shit.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Florida State now 8-1 vs SEC opponents under Jimbo! Hate us cuz ya ain't us! Fear the Spear!!

They haven't played the Tide yet!!!
    RTR!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

Florida State now 8-1 vs SEC opponents under Jimbo! Hate us cuz ya ain't us! Fear the Spear!!

RTR!!!
    Next year! You going? I'm either contemplating that one or FSU/Miami, but it'll probably be the Miami game since it's at Doak.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

lolobugg said:

RTR!!!
    Next year! You going? I'm either contemplating that one or FSU/Miami, but it'll probably be the Miami game since it's at Doak.
    I wanted to go really bad back in 2007 to the Gator Bowl. wanted to see Bobby Bowden before he retired.
    as for next year.... I guess it depends on how broke I am at the time. where are they playing? new stadium in ATL?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

lolobugg said:

RTR!!!
    I wanted to go really bad back in 2007 to the Gator Bowl. wanted to see Bobby Bowden before he retired.
    as for next year.... I guess it depends on how broke I am at the time. where are they playing? new stadium in ATL?
    Yep, Chick-Fil-A kickoff game! Jimbo from Clarksburg, WV and Saban from Fairmont, WV. Nice little "backyard" brawl to start of the season.
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Are you going?
    but, of course. this will most likely be a "smuggled flask" game.

there will be BYU fans there. they are fucking insufferable.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    That run defense today was just shitty
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    BYU coach is a dumbass, going for 2.

cannot imagine why virginia wanted the ex-BYU coach :loser:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,815
    Trojans managed to defeat an outmatched opponent. Back to the Spanking Factory this weekend traveling up to play Stanford.

Wobbie, your Utes has 6 TOs and still won? Guess BYU is horrible.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hard to root for either team in FSU v. louisville.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16