NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    norm said:

norm said:
    This dude has gotten quite the amount of shit over the past 72 hours over his integrity
    really? just saw that someone else retweeted him...thought he'd be viable
    He is the one who wrote the O'Brien story where he had an off the record conversation with O'Brien a month ago. During the conversation O'Brien said "You can print that they will probably be looking for a coach in a month" (not an exact quote from me). It was over the split with Vanderlinden, the LB coach who was part of the Paterno staff and let go. Said comment was not printed and probably should have been, but subsequently the entire conversation has been printed, with the possibility that he taped an off the record conversation without the subject knowing, which would be illegal. There has been a big argument over what is right and wrong. I am not really in a place to take sides, but I am taking what he says with a grain of salt at this point.

Both O'Brien and Jones were driving at the time of the conversation so people were curious how he could quote word for word what O'Brien said in an off the record conversation.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

norm said:

norm said:
    This dude has gotten quite the amount of shit over the past 72 hours over his integrity
    He is the one who wrote the O'Brien story where he had an off the record conversation with O'Brien a month ago. During the conversation O'Brien said "You can print that they will probably be looking for a coach in a month" (not an exact quote from me). It was over the split with Vanderlinden, the LB coach who was part of the Paterno staff and let go. Said comment was not printed and probably should have been, but subsequently the entire conversation has been printed, with the possibility that he taped an off the record conversation without the subject knowing, which would be illegal. There has been a big argument over what is right and wrong. I am not really in a place to take sides, but I am taking what he says with a grain of salt at this point.

Both O'Brien and Jones were driving at the time of the conversation so people were curious how he could quote word for word what O'Brien said in an off the record conversation.

O'Brien hasn't said the conversation didn't happen....

So, it looks like the Franklin interview was a push to get Golden to commit (??). Who's the QB guy he brings with him? If it is Golden, you'd think LJ stays (unless he's pissed he didn't get the job and walks, but I don't see that). Hopefully a new D cord comes in. Can't see O'Brien taking Butler to the Texans.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

norm said:

norm said:

O'Brien hasn't said the conversation didn't happen....

So, it looks like the Franklin interview was a push to get Golden to commit (??). Who's the QB guy he brings with him? If it is Golden, you'd think LJ stays (unless he's pissed he didn't get the job and walks, but I don't see that). Hopefully a new D cord comes in. Can't see O'Brien taking Butler to the Texans.
    I have absolutely no doubt that conversation happened, the question is first whether it should have been printed at all, then since it was printed after he left the on the record portion should have been printed a month ago. Also, how is it ethical to break the law and record it?

Franklin is gonna end up at Texas. I'd have to think LJ stays. What the hell else is he going to do? He can't be bitter, he's not a head coaching candidate. Joyner said they would listen and LJ said why not, but he has to know. I'd imagine it's a pretty new staff across the board. Golden has his people at this point. The qb coach is the question, Admin has to overpay for that position and get someone good
    Canesinsider has him saying he's not leaving. Who knows

Canesinsider has him saying he's not leaving. Who knows

Muncheck (drinking, not looking up spelling) is staying at Titans. Ha ha, if Golden stay we have no coach w/ Franklin staying
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Ohio State fans who are now on twitter only are pooping their pants right now :(|)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

These refs are bad as the day is long
    Bad call on that interception
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. 81 agrees.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Butler not part of the Texans staff.

Greg Pickel just posted that Butler is going to Houston
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Greg Pickel just posted that Butler is going to Houston
    Weird, read earlier Crennel is going to be the DC.
    Trade articles Cliffy

http://onward.st/1g6PGgh
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Mark D'Onofrio and Fitz...fuckin' right

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Mark D'Onofrio and Fitz...fuckin' right

Yeah, I like this a lot. I expected Fitz to go with OB. THe players love him.

Trade articles Cliffy

http://onward.st/1g6PGgh

Oh, man..this is awesome

When we made our commitment two years ago, it was not to a coach. It was to a University. It was to a football program. It was to every letterman who came before us, and to every fan who has ever cheered for the Blue and White. It was to our teammates, to the fraternity of the locker room. This is where our commitment lies, and this will not change. Penn State Football is far bigger than one person, one team, one generation. Our commitment is to Penn State Football.

Rest easy, Nittany Nation. I know the men who constitute our locker room, the men who go to war on Saturdays in the fall, the men who sweat and bleed for this program year round. Our football program is in good hands, no matter who the coach is. It always has been. It always will be.
    Here we go again....reports starting to come in
    Miami just put out that Golden is not a candidate for any other positions.

Should be announced Penn State's coach by noon tomorrow
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Miami just put out that Golden is not a candidate for any other positions.

Should be announced Penn State's coach by noon tomorrow

God dammit. It's gonna be munchak. Don't love it
    Golden never offered the job....interesting. Lots a talk about nothing, but who knows if that's even true.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

Golden never offered the job....interesting. Lots a talk about nothing, but who knows if that's even true.

Cane sports says Golden pressed for a contract today...who knows
    and Fitz is off to the Texans
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Spread for tonight's game went from 8 1/2 yesterday to 10 today
    edited January 2014

and Fitz is off to the Texans

FUCK. That is a huge blow.

Thought they were going to have a chance to keep him. O'Brien's boy, but from Philly and not sure how he will play out in the pros.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Annnnnnnd, there goes Butler. This is getting ugly.

I'll be honest, he's the one I don't mind see going.

Funny how all weekend this was Golden's job. I haven't seen one word on how Franklin's interview went yesterday.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

I'll be honest, he's the one I don't mind see going.

Funny how all weekend this was Golden's job. I haven't seen one word on how Franklin's interview went yesterday.
    Yeah, I don't know. It's gonna be an entire overhaul, which I don't think is completely unexpected with a situation like this, but its gonna be rough for the kids.

Yeah, I haven't seen anything on Franklin. Munchak apparently presented his plan on how he would run the program from day 1, staff and all. Really thinking its going to be him.
    I might be able to stomach FSU if not for that fucking war chant. probably not, but maybe.

Calling them 'noles (yeah, brent, talking to you) is annoying as fuck, too.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    FSU is probably about the only team out there that could make me root for the SEC

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16