2010 NY J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS THREAD

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    Several of the NY sports reporters including Mike & Mike and big mouth Michael Kaye have dubbed yesterday's game as the "best of Sanchez's career." :clap: :thumbup:

I was impressed with his agility and how he not only escaped several sacks but also came out of those situations with big plays -- the J CO catch being one of them.

Thoughts???

dude was impressive. no doubt. great game yesterday.
    www.myspace.com
  • WTF ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... id=5816234

An 8-year-old New York Jets fan was tackled by an adult Browns fan after Sunday's game, according to a television station in Cleveland.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

Jets blog
    Looking for more information on the
    green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

The boy was left with a scraped and bruised ankle. The mother said her husband didn't call police, opting instead to quickly get in the car and leave. When reached by the television station, Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the situation unfortunate and disappointing and said the team is looking into the matter.

Gulkis said the scoreboard displays a number fans can text message to alert security to disorderly fans. The city of Cleveland, which operates the parking lot where the alleged incident took place, previously had added extra security.

The boy's mother had been nervous about her son attending the game, but believed "kids are off limits. Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never."

The boy might be seeing his next Jets game in New Jersey.

"My husband asked him, 'Did you have a good time?' He said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Would you want to go back sometime?' And he said, 'No, I don't like Browns Stadium.' Who could blame him?" the boy's mother said.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    WTF ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... id=5816234

An 8-year-old New York Jets fan was tackled by an adult Browns fan after Sunday's game, according to a television station in Cleveland.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

Jets blog
    Looking for more information on the
    green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

The boy was left with a scraped and bruised ankle. The mother said her husband didn't call police, opting instead to quickly get in the car and leave. When reached by the television station, Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the situation unfortunate and disappointing and said the team is looking into the matter.

Gulkis said the scoreboard displays a number fans can text message to alert security to disorderly fans. The city of Cleveland, which operates the parking lot where the alleged incident took place, previously had added extra security.

The boy's mother had been nervous about her son attending the game, but believed "kids are off limits. Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never."

The boy might be seeing his next Jets game in New Jersey.

"My husband asked him, 'Did you have a good time?' He said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Would you want to go back sometime?' And he said, 'No, I don't like Browns Stadium.' Who could blame him?" the boy's mother said.

classy guy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • How have I not seen this thread?????

Die hard Jets fan here, ugly wins but Sanchez has proven why we traded to get him. 7-2 ill take it baby!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Okay if the shit about the kids is true that is just messed up.

I say IF because what father lets their kid get tackled from behind and then just gets in the car. Maybe i put the kid in the car and get the baseball bat out and go to town on homes but you dont' just stand by and watch someone attack your kid and do nothing.

It is human nature to protect them.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Here is the newscast from the local station. I wish they would've gotten this guy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/yea ... N3xB3K81RP
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    intodeep wrote:

I say IF because what father lets their kid get tackled from behind and then just gets in the car. Maybe i put the kid in the car and get the baseball bat out and go to town on homes but you dont' just stand by and watch someone attack your kid and do nothing.

Agreed, I would have violated the drunk bastard..one of us would have ended up in the hospital for sure..sick fuck..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Champ wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Agreed, I would have violated the drunk bastard..one of us would have ended up in the hospital for sure..sick fuck..
    +2

if i was a fellow fan i still woulda beat the shit outta the guy after the family left
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The world needs more people like Landanian Tomlinson!! He is awesome! Thanksgiving dinner for 2,100 needy families in NJ! :thumbup: :clap::mrgreen:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video. ... 0&comments
    Would be nice to see a dominant home performance
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    The Jets are going to win the SB. :mrgreen:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:

Peace

I was at the game. The place went crazy with the winning TD. But we have some tough games coming up and they need to really fix some things before going to NE and Pittsburgh. Texans should have never been able to score the points they did after being down 23 - 7. Offense has bailed out the defense for the past 3 games.
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

I was at the game. The place went crazy with the winning TD. But we have some tough games coming up and they need to really fix some things before going to NE and Pittsburgh. Texans should have never been able to score the points they did after being down 23 - 7. Offense has bailed out the defense for the past 3 games.

Maybe this heart attack will be a wakeup call..
    However 8-2 is the record along with the pats
    Setting up for a crazy 6weeks

Sanchez was huge today
    And holmes was a steal
  • PJGirl321 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Maybe this heart attack will be a wakeup call..
    However 8-2 is the record along with the pats
    Setting up for a crazy 6weeks

Sanchez was huge today
    And holmes was a steal

Holmes has come up big in the last 4 games. Braylon has also been instrumental. Braylon set up today's win. I can't remember when we've has such lethal WRs at the same time. :mrgreen::clap:
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    The world needs more people like Landanian Tomlinson!! He is awesome! Thanksgiving dinner for 2,100 needy families in NJ! :thumbup: :clap::mrgreen:

THis is awesome.
    I also read that the Jets ownership reached out to the parents of the 8 year old and offered them VIP game tickets to a Jets game which is a classy move too.

Now as for yesterday's game Jesus Christ each week is like watching a few days slip away from my life because of the strain put on my heart!

But i love it :D:lol::mrgreen:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    First off, I never root against the Jets ( i'm a big blue Giant football fan )
    but dont you Jet fans- even tho your team is 8-2 ,
    feel like your team is setting you up for HUGE disappointment come playoffs and
    its lose and go home?
    I mean , theyve been very lucky 3 weeks in a row,
    its bound to run out sooner or later and once plyoffs begin its lose and go home .

And Sanchez, please stop with the Jet Airplane motioning,... running 50 yards down the sidelines, it looks foolish and shows your lack of experience and humility.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • intodeep wrote:
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    The world needs more people like Landanian Tomlinson!! He is awesome! Thanksgiving dinner for 2,100 needy families in NJ! :thumbup: :clap::mrgreen:

THis is awesome.
    I also read that the Jets ownership reached out to the parents of the 8 year old and offered them VIP game tickets to a Jets game which is a classy move too.

Now as for yesterday's game Jesus Christ each week is like watching a few days slip away from my life because of the strain put on my heart!

But i love it :D:lol::mrgreen:

Post game press conferences made numerous references to the cardiovascular state of the fans. :)

I took this photo of Sanchez at the Oct 31 game.

IMG_1151.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    its lose and go home?
    its bound to run out sooner or later and once plyoffs begin its lose and go home .

And Sanchez, please stop with the Jet Airplane motioning,... running 50 yards down the sidelines, it looks foolish and shows your lack of experience and humility.

When you march down the field with :49 left on the clock and score with :10 left - it's more than luck. Point is -- they are making the plays when it counts.

With all due respect - it's typical of a Giants fan to predict our demise. Giants fans have been calling sports shows and posting comments about it all day - reminding us that "Eli really is the better QB." And of course the "you're bound to lose."
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    its lose and go home?

When you march down the field with :49 left on the clock and score with :10 left - it's more than luck. Point is -- they are making the plays when it counts.

With all due respect - it's typical of a Giants fan to predict our demise. Giants fans have been calling sports shows and posting comments about it all day - reminding us that "Eli really is the better QB." And of course the "you're bound to lose."

Didnt make that reference.
    Eli has 6 or 7 seasons experoience on Marc.
    The Jets are exciting to watch.

All of NY is behind them,
    was only speaking as the devils advocate ( again --not rooting against them )
    Only saying that the luck is gonna run out sooner or later,
    Thats all, enjoy the games !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    its lose and go home?

Didnt make that reference.
    Eli has 6 or 7 seasons experoience on Marc.
    The Jets are exciting to watch.

All of NY is behind them,
    was only speaking as the devils advocate ( again --not rooting against them )
    Only saying that the luck is gonna run out sooner or later,
    Thats all, enjoy the games !

It's not all luck. Good teams find a way to win by getting out of situations like what they faced yessterday with less than a minute left. Good teams cover each other...defense having a hard day; offense steps up. Please stop saying this is pure luck.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    its lose and go home?

No, I feel like they haven't hit their stride yet, but are still making incredible plays needed to win..nothing lucky about winning how many games in a row on the road?... and are you kidding me complaining about Sanchez's celebration, who gives a fuck..I'd rather that than have to stare at Eli's dumb gee golly expression every down like you endure..the kid is one tough prick and is proving his worth each and every week...sure, things can happen in any playoff game, but doesn't nor should it negate their regular season success thus far..'you are what your record says you are.' ....always easy to be a spoiled ring filled Yankee/Giant fan, but us Jet/Met fans need something to feel good about, even if it is only mid-season temporary joy as we patiently await for the inevitable other shoe to drop..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    pj girl..i like your knowledege :mrgreen:
    Let's be honest all these games the Jets lose last year and years before.

Thsi team is learning how to win the tough games. Sure sometimes they put themselves in tough situations but they have also pulled themselves out of it.

I don't see it as smoke and mirrors. The comebacks are real and in the playoffs you need to have confidence you can come back and win at home, on the road, or whereever you need to.
    If anything i think this is getting them better prepared for the playoffs.

Oh and that sanchez pic from above is awesome.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pj girl..i like your knowledege :mrgreen:

Thanks, Neily... :wave:

Hopefully TO's press conference calling Revis "average" will fire him up. hope this fires up revis. He says Revis only had one good year and it's a lot of hoopla. :roll:

http://www.bengals.com/media-lounge/vid ... ab7330ebe6
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    its lose and go home?

Ok, you're a hater.

Sanchez is doing great, maturing each week, and he is having fun while doing it. He should not stop having fun for anyone.

Let's go Jets!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• Oh and for Jets talk sign up over at www.jetsinsider.com

Ive been there since 05...
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• You can't deny that Sanchez is emerging as the star QB we've needed for a very long time. But we finally have an elite caliber of WRs which has also been lacking. Braylon and Edwards were instrumental in not only the Texans win but in most of the wins this season. J-CO's first down in Cleveland kept us in that game and he has come up big on a few other occasions as well.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/1 ... ght_t.html

And of course LT was a great move as well. Without him, we'd be in trouble since Greene has not really stepped up as far as I can see.

Playoff ticket invoices have arrived!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :clap:
  • LT must be doing a dance over choosing the Jets over the Vikings. Can you imagine being a Viking right now??? :lol:

Comebacks show Sanchez's growth with Jets
    By MARK CANNIZZARO

Last Updated: 9:56 AM, November 24, 2010

Posted: 1:39 AM, November 24, 2010

Much praise has come Mark Sanchez's way this season as he has developed from the rookie quarterback he was a year ago when coaches tailored game plans to avoid him not losing games into a reason the Jets win games.

But no praise to date has been as powerful as the message Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson delivered yesterday when he revealed for the first time that Sanchez was the reason he chose to sign with the Jets in the offseason.

"I wanted to come because of him," Tomlinson said. "He was the main reason I came here. He's proven that he's the quarterback that everyone thought he would be. He just has that knack about him. This guy has something special about him, the way he keeps plays alive. He's way ahead of his time on the learning curve."

Tomlinson called the throw Sanchez made to Braylon Edwards to set up the game-winning touchdown in Sunday's 30-27 comeback victory over the Texans as "one of the best throws I've ever seen live in the clutch."

Considering the fact that Tomlinson's quarterbacks with the Chargers before he came to the Jets were Drew Brees and Philip Rivers, those are strong words.

Tomlinson's two choices in free agency this spring were the Jets and Vikings. He spoke with Brett Favre, but said Favre never gave him any hint about whether he would return to Minnesota for another season.

"So I figured I can go with a guy that led his team to the AFC championship game as a rookie on a team that has a great defense," Tomlinson said. "It was a pretty easy decision."

Tomlinson has not been disappointed as Sanchez has delivered in the clutch -- particularly of late during this cardiac, three-game stretch of thrilling Jets wins.

Sanchez leads the NFL in passing yards the past four weeks with 1,206 as he prepares for tomorrow night's home game against the Bengals.

A year ago, Sanchez had only five games (including playoffs) in which he passed for 200 or more yards and no 300-yard passing games. Through 10 games this season, he has six 200-yard games and two with 300 or more. With one more yard -- he threw for 299 against Cleveland two weeks ago -- he would have thrown for 300 or more the past three weeks.

Could he have done that last year?

"No," Jets right guard Brandon Moore said. "We tried that, and it didn't work."

Indeed, the Jets lost Sanchez's five 200-yard games last year. This year, they're 5-1 in those games.

That record has been highlighted by the scintillating comebacks Sanchez has helped engineer, the most amazing coming in Sunday's win over Houston.

"I've never had a comeback until this year," Sanchez said yesterday. "Not once. Lost two in college. Lost them all last year. So this is first time I've really done it. I'm learning on the fly."

"It's always something I've kind of wanted, and I know that was kind of a knock on me coming out of college: 'He's never had to come back in a game, [USC] has been up, he hasn't played a lot of football,' " Sanchez said. "With me, that was, 'All right, give me a chance to come back and I'm going to win it.' "

Sanchez felt a little kismet at work last week leading up to the Texans game because he watched several NFL Network shows featuring the top comebacks in league history and then found himself in that exact scenario late in the game facing an against-all-odds comeback situation.

"Those are the kind of games you always want to be a part of," Sanchez said.

And they are games the Jets now believe he's going to pull out every time. Rex Ryan calls Sanchez "Cool Hand Luke" after one of his favorite movies.

"That's who he is," Ryan said. "It doesn't get too big for him. He plays on this stage every week, and he can handle it where a lot of guys can't."

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:mcannizzaro@nypost.com">mcannizzaro@nypost.com</a><!-- e -->
    big game tommorrow night
  • big game tommorrow night

Bengals are so hapless right now that the only thing to show up will be TO's ego and diamond earrings. Ocho meanwhile is praising the Jets as if he were one of us. I think he's hoping Rex will adopt him.