2010 NY J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS THREAD

PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Ok, I'll get this going. Should be an interesting and colorful season for Gang Green. Revis hold-out, strong reviews out of training camp, HBO Hard Knocks, QB dumping actresses all over NY and Braylon Edwards arriving at training camp with his flat screen TV.

Let the season begin!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    J E T S JETS JETS JETS

REVIS JUST COME HOME

GOOD THREAD :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Nothing beats tailgating at the Meadowlands, um, the NEW Meadowlands now for a J-E-T-S game with Pearl Jam shuffling in the Ipod!!!!

Join us Revis!!!!!!
    ALRIGHT WE HAVE SOME GANG GREEN FANS HERE!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    Anthony29 wrote:
    Nothing beats tailgating at the Meadowlands, um, the NEW Meadowlands now for a J-E-T-S game with Pearl Jam shuffling in the Ipod!!!!

Join us Revis!!!!!!

We rock in 12C - not sure where we'll be this year. But bring it on!!

:mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    J E T S JETS JETS JETS

REVIS JUST COME HOME

Hey i'm a Giants fan, but you guys finally got a team to be excited about, good luck!!!

But U gotta get REVIS!!! Holy Shit what a Player
    J E T S JETS JETS JETS

REVIS JUST COME HOME

Hey i'm a Giants fan, but you guys finally got a team to be excited about, good luck!!!

But U gotta get REVIS!!! Holy Shit what a Player

They need to wrap that up quickly. The whole thing is a joke. He's taking advice from his uncle who pulled this crap with the Redskins and ended up sitting out a season. He needs better direction. Woody's involved now, hopefully he'll help get this resolved.
    i hope so, i mean not even a jet fan, but hell if i don't like watching this guy play. The best part is he will shut down, hotdogs = Randy Moss, T.O., you wonder if these guys are even in the game when he's playing, and then on top of it, he'll get ya a pick or 2, god i wish he were a Giant, When the does Burrus get of of jail again?
    i hope so, i mean not even a jet fan, but hell if i don't like watching this guy play. The best part is he will shut down, hotdogs = Randy Moss, T.O., you wonder if these guys are even in the game when he's playing, and then on top of it, he'll get ya a pick or 2, god i wish he were a Giant, When the does Burrus get of of jail again?

Soon...
    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/08/04/plax ... xid=si_nfl
    Nice , thank you, Eli needs him.
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Sunday Sept 26th
    Sunday Dec 12th

Good luck JETS fans - but the Fins are comin' for another sweep :)

(And you all know if there was a 2010 MIAMI DOLPHINS THREAD you would have done the same damn thing...c'mon now...)

Can't wait for Hard Knocks :)
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Speaking as a life long jet fan this season scares me.

I somehow can't help but think the jets will fall flat on their face. I mean we are the underdog always have been this whole favored thing adn superbowl expectation thing seems really really odd.

Not that is just that feeeling in my gut i can't shake otherwise i'm really excited. I don't care about Revis he will play one way or another I am more worried about Sanchez's progression. The key to them being good is him getting the offense humming besides handing off to Shonn Greene.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

I somehow can't help but think the jets will fall flat on their face. I mean we are the underdog always have been this whole favored thing adn superbowl expectation thing seems really really odd.

Not that is just that feeeling in my gut i can't shake otherwise i'm really excited. I don't care about Revis he will play one way or another I am more worried about Sanchez's progression. The key to them being good is him getting the offense humming besides handing off to Shonn Greene.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS :D

they are setting up for an 8-8 season with all the hype
    intodeep wrote:

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

As a lifelong Jets fan, I think we are conditioned with the "same old jets" mentality and we stand by them but at the same time grit our teeth and wait for the rug to be pulled from under us. But I do think things will be different this year. They took some risks with some of the talent they brought in and last year's rankings are set in stone. Think in terms of "any given Sunday." And get excited. This will be a great year for us. I'll put myself on the line here and say that we'll be downright scary by week 4.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I knew not to get too excited..this Revis debacle is so typical Jets....last year Revis was built up to be the best corner in the history of the league according to Rex and now today says the team can win without him as it's all about the unity.....bunch of company fed bullshit....I don't give a fuck about management making him look selfish and/or discredit his importance, sign the motherfucker already!!!
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,262
    I have to side with Revis on this if they don't sign him he won't ever be coming back to the Jets, leave it to Fred Flinstone to declare him the best Corner in the game he also stated that he was the best defensive player he has ever coached ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    In many ways Revis is going about this in the wrong way - getting bad advice from his uncle. To put it bluntly, he's being a jerk. There is a big element of greed here too. He's doing this for his "family." Really? Ask Woody Johnson how his family fortune served them when he got that call in January about his daughter? Money doesn't make for a happy family, so leave them out of it. He just built a house in Livingston NJ with a full recording studio. Dude, your family will be fine with whatever contract you sign.

I think he is using the situation in Oakland as a standard for himself and that is unrealistic. Everyone knows Al Davis is crazy.

I am surprised that it has escalated to where it is today. I honestly thought it would be resolved by now. Everything is tainted and I am sad for the team and the fans because it really does take excitement out of the season if he sits out the whole year. I do think he deserves more money but at the same time it's unimaginable that they can't come to terms. And I am sure that this whole thing is making Revis less attractive to other teams. Sitting out can help make him irrelevant. Waste of talent and waste of time. I don't think he is 100% necessary for the Super Bowl. Sure it would help, but this desfense is strong all around and it sounds like Cromartie is doing well. Hopefully Kyle Wilson will have the natural talent to step in as well.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Darrelle Revis-DB- Jets Aug. 11 - 8:09 am et

According to Gary Myers of the New York Daily News, the 10-year proposals on the table by both the Jets and Revis differ by $40M.

The $40M doesn't even include signing bonuses and guaranteed money. The Jets have had a 10-year, $120M offer "on the table for months," so it seems that Revis' camp is asking for 10-years, $160M. No wonder Woody Johnson's gut feeling is that Revis won't play for the Jets

Ouch and good luck.
    Go Birds!!!!
    And every time Rex opens his mouth the hole gets deeper. Oh this is a great idea!
    :roll:

Rex Ryan publicly calls for meeting between Darrelle Revis, entire Jets organization
    Published: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 12:44 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 1:17 PM
    Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

William Perlman/The Star-LedgerRex Ryan is frustrated by the public back-and-forth about the team's contract impasse with Darrelle Revis.

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan has had enough of the messy, public back-and-forth.

So the head coach, at his press conference today, made a bold suggestion to resolve the contract impasse between the Jets and All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis: Cancel practice, and have Revis and his representatives meet with team owner Woody Johnson in front of the entire organization.

"This is what I would like to have happen: have everybody put their cards on the table," Ryan said. "Have Darrelle come here with anybody he wanted, and we'll have Mr. Johnson here. In fact, this is the way I would handle it: we’ll call off practice, we’ll have our whole team there."

"I bet it gets done," Ryan added, "if we did it that way."

The response from Revis' side?

"If the Jets want to set up a meeting," agent Jon Feinsod said, "they have my cell phone number."

The sides have been deadlocked for more than six months as they try to work out a new deal for Revis. The standoff ratcheted up this week, as owner Woody Johnson said he did not think Revis would play for the Jets this season, and Ryan spoke for the first time about moving ahead without his best defensive player.

It also turned ugly Tuesday, with a disagreement over who was invited to a negotiating meeting last Friday at the Roscoe Diner on Route 17. Johnson said his attempts to meet with Revis or his agents were "rebuffed," while Revis' representatives called that a "blatant lie."

Ryan came to the defense of his bosses today, calling that "a blatant joke."

"This part's frustrating because when you're saying Mike Tannenbaum or you're calling out Woody Johnson," Ryan said. "Come on, let's go. Put it out there; put it in front of everybody. You can negotiate."

Ryan said he was invited by Tannenbaum to sit in on a five-hour meeting between Tannenbaum, Director of Football Administration Ari Nissim and both of Revis' agents earlier this offseason, and kidded that it was so frustrating he "almost quit."

But he likes the solution he offered today. He said he hadn't yet proposed it, but by suggesting it to the media -- and in front of Hard Knocks cameras -- he knew it would get out.

"It's hard to get a deal done if Darrelle is not there, because ultimately it's his future," Ryan said, adding: "That's maybe what it has to come down to."

© 2010 NJ.com. All rights reserved.
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    And every time Rex opens his mouth the hole gets deeper. Oh this is a great idea!
    :roll:

Rex Ryan publicly calls for meeting between Darrelle Revis, entire Jets organization
    Published: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 12:44 PM Updated: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 1:17 PM
    Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

William Perlman/The Star-LedgerRex Ryan is frustrated by the public back-and-forth about the team's contract impasse with Darrelle Revis.

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Rex Ryan has had enough of the messy, public back-and-forth.

So the head coach, at his press conference today, made a bold suggestion to resolve the contract impasse between the Jets and All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis: Cancel practice, and have Revis and his representatives meet with team owner Woody Johnson in front of the entire organization.

"This is what I would like to have happen: have everybody put their cards on the table," Ryan said. "Have Darrelle come here with anybody he wanted, and we'll have Mr. Johnson here. In fact, this is the way I would handle it: we’ll call off practice, we’ll have our whole team there."

"I bet it gets done," Ryan added, "if we did it that way."

The response from Revis' side?

"If the Jets want to set up a meeting," agent Jon Feinsod said, "they have my cell phone number."

The sides have been deadlocked for more than six months as they try to work out a new deal for Revis. The standoff ratcheted up this week, as owner Woody Johnson said he did not think Revis would play for the Jets this season, and Ryan spoke for the first time about moving ahead without his best defensive player.

It also turned ugly Tuesday, with a disagreement over who was invited to a negotiating meeting last Friday at the Roscoe Diner on Route 17. Johnson said his attempts to meet with Revis or his agents were "rebuffed," while Revis' representatives called that a "blatant lie."

Ryan came to the defense of his bosses today, calling that "a blatant joke."

"This part's frustrating because when you're saying Mike Tannenbaum or you're calling out Woody Johnson," Ryan said. "Come on, let's go. Put it out there; put it in front of everybody. You can negotiate."

Ryan said he was invited by Tannenbaum to sit in on a five-hour meeting between Tannenbaum, Director of Football Administration Ari Nissim and both of Revis' agents earlier this offseason, and kidded that it was so frustrating he "almost quit."

But he likes the solution he offered today. He said he hadn't yet proposed it, but by suggesting it to the media -- and in front of Hard Knocks cameras -- he knew it would get out.

"It's hard to get a deal done if Darrelle is not there, because ultimately it's his future," Ryan said, adding: "That's maybe what it has to come down to."

© 2010 NJ.com. All rights reserved.

i like this idea...get everyone together

hard knocks starts tonight also
  • So what do you guys honestly think will be the outcome of the Revis situation?

I'll be watching hard knocks tonight as well.

As a Pats fan, I hope you guys don't mind me checking in every once in a while on the Jets thread. I will not EVER post in the Yankee thread, but despite what my friends say about the Jets, they're still ok in my book because I hate the Giants so much.

Good luck on the Jets season as they fight it out with my Pats.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    great show last night
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    great show last night
    I DVRed it I can't wait to watch!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I was a little bored with hard knocks last night...not sure what I was expecting....anyway, Revis and the Jets are talking again..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    god i wish the jets would stop calling me bout buying a psl. they've called me 3 times already. 3rd time i said i'd become a psl holder if they made them 500 bucks. they sales rep hung up on me right away. i wonder how they even got my cell number in the first place.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

The Champ wrote:
    I was a little bored with hard knocks last night...not sure what I was expecting....anyway, Revis and the Jets are talking again..

Are they talking? It sounds like they merely made a statement that they would keep all discussions private from this point on. Doesn't necessarily mean there's movement - we just won't hear about the nonsese anymore.
    Green Day To Play Jets' Opening Day :roll: :?:

| 08/13/10 11:32 AM |

Read More: Gang Green, Green Day, Green Day Jets Opening Day, New Meadowlands Stadium, Nyc Culture, Nyc Events, NYC Sports, New York News
    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Gang Green and Green Day are ready to play together.

The New York Jets said Friday the band will play during their regular-season opener Sept. 13. The Jets face the Baltimore Ravens in the Monday night game at New Meadowlands Stadium.

Green Day will perform "Last of the American Girls" with the Broadway cast of the Tony Award-winning rock musical "American Idiot." The halftime show will finish with fireworks.

The guitarist Slash and Pussycat Doll Nicole Scherzinger will play during a tailgate concert outside the stadium. Scherzinger will sing the national anthem.
    The starters looked pretty fucking good, the backups no so much..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    The starters looked pretty fucking good, the backups no so much..

That's how the game played out. Jets looked great while the first string played. Rex so much as admitted the 2nd and 3rd stings sucked during the post game press conference.
    LT GONNA have a big year if healthy

we do need revis though