2010 NY J-E-T-S, JETS, JETS, JETS THREAD

Comments

• PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    LT GONNA have a big year if healthy

we do need revis though

I wonder where they are in the negotiations?
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I love that Tom Brady "hates" the jets. Newsflash pretty boy it's mutual!

but.... what really makes me happy is my favorite jet is signing a long term deal NICK MANGOLD!
    I have had a Mangold T shirt for the past year but i wanted them to lock him up before i got my jersey (i hate having a jersey of a guy who doesn't play for the team anymore i can't wear that and they are too expensive to buy and not wear)!

The site only has the away green mangold jersey's though i wanted a home white :( I wonder if they will put one up now that he is signed
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I'm tired of the "rumors" about revis coming out and then being debunked by other sources.

What is up with journalism today. Either get the shit right or don't say anything.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I got my Mangold Jersey in the mail and i'm ready for the season!

I did not get to see Hard Knocks yet (dvred it) so i'll avoid this thread for the rest of the day
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I got my Mangold Jersey in the mail and i'm ready for the season!

I did not get to see Hard Knocks yet (dvred it) so i'll avoid this thread for the rest of the day

I started out feeling so very optimistic, but the preseason combined with hard knocks and the Revis debacle is making feel like it's going to be the same old shit, but a bit more colorful and fatter with Ryan at the helm..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Revis announced via Twitter sometime around midnight:

it not has only been hard on u guys but it has for me too. I just want to tell yall that I'm sorry for this process and I can't wait to get back on the field.
    Revis24 via UberTwitter

To my family, neil, & john I love u guys I'm comin home baby!!! Revis Island LET'S GO.
    about 7 hours ago via ÜberTwitter

He's expected to sign today and play Monday 9/13.

It's four years with 46m, 32m guaranteed.
  • revis island
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    I woke up to the news yesterday that Revis Island was accepting visitors again :D

WHOOO HOOO

Thank god this is over. Seems like Rex's meeting with him down in Florida may have been very influential to getting this done.

75% of the world is covered by water the rest is covered by Revis :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Nothing like starting the season off with a slug fest against a team that will probably be one of the best in the AFC.

here is to hoping sanchez takes care of the ball!

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    revis island

what's your last name?

Gilligan. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wow what an offense the Jets have.
    What did they get like 6 first downs.
    I know its the Ravens, but that was awful.
    Like I said, same old same old..just louder and fatter..

Of course fatso Jenkins gets hurt again, who didn't see that one coming..

Ray Lewis is the real deal..

At least the Mets won a huge game tonight..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    schotty's playing calling sucked big time. i wasn't impressed with it at all.

the jets have gotta stop babying sanchez and let him throw the deep ball. to many he went to the check down receiver. you mean to tell me not one wr was open all game.

The Champ wrote:

yea nothing like barely beating a triple A team. i bet more people were at arthur ashe stadium then citi field tonight.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    schotty's playing calling sucked big time. i wasn't impressed with it at all.

the jets have gotta stop babying sanchez and let him throw the deep ball. to many he went to the check down receiver. you mean to tell me not one wr was open all game.

The Champ wrote:

yea nothing like barely beating a triple A team. i bet more people were at arthur ashe stadium then citi field tonight.

Announced crowd of 24,000. Well I guess 10 AM on WFAN might be somewhat entertaining...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    wast the number of tickets sold or tickets counted at the turn style or actual people. i doubt 24.000 people would wanna watch a pathetic group of ballplayers on a cold/rainy night.

• metsfan wrote:
    wast the number of tickets sold or tickets counted at the turn style or actual people. i doubt 24.000 people would wanna watch a pathetic group of ballplayers on a cold/rainy night.

I have no idea. I forget what the criteria is, it was just the number I saw in the Boxscore.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    :(
    100 yards of penalties in the first half.
    on the touchdown socring drive for the ravens that went 70 yards i think they had a total of 7 yards of offense. Let that sink in.

The jets could have put themselves in a situation to win that game if the offense did not play like a scared puppy dog. Schotty called a horrible game but Sanchez never had the balls to try to push it downfield except once to Keller when an illegal motion penality already killed it.

Cromartie looked horrible and it was clear they were picking on him all night long.

I don't think Revis played bad for missing so much time.

Pathetic. Simply Pathetic on Offense. One can only hope that they can figure things out quick.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    jets accused of sexual harassment. did you guys see this? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-269361

to be fair...she looks like this though: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&expI ... 56&bih=583

yowzers... :shock:
    www.myspace.com
    jets accused of sexual harassment. did you guys see this? http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-269361

to be fair...she looks like this though: http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&expI ... 56&bih=583

yowzers... :shock:
    Its a bunch of overblown shit.
    The woman came out yesterday and said look i fetl uneasy and uncomfortable but in no way was I sexually harrassed. The media is just slow to pick up on that because it doesn't make as big of a headline.

Also it does not excuse or make their behavior accpetable but what kind of reaction was she hoping for showing up in a locker room in skin tight jeans and a little top? If you want to be treated like a profesional dress like one.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Just End The Season!!!
    #FHP
  • what better place to post this than here?
    Im sorry...Im sure to create some haters for this post
    but, just in case you didnt know..
    Sanchez sux....real bad
    I hope he can start sucking a little less for you guys, cuz your defense rocks...
    better luck next game ;)
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/n ... id=5571834

jenkins done for the season.. ouch.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    what better place to post this than here?
    Im sorry...Im sure to create some haters for this post
    but, just in case you didnt know..
    Sanchez sux....real bad
    I hope he can start sucking a little less for you guys, cuz your defense rocks...
    better luck next game ;)
    I think it is a little early to start saying Sanchez Sucks. Sanchez had a bad game against probalby the best Defense in the NFL. He did not turn the ball over at all though and with a minute and 40 seconds left the Jets had a chance to win. Obviously they didn't but if he throws 4 interceptions like he did in games last year they don't even have a chance they are blown out.

Sanchez runs the plays Schotty calls and it is obviously they have drilled in him if it isn't wide open throw to your check down. This is not helping him.

Anyone who thinks the Jets are looking for Sanchez to be the second coming of Montana, Elway, Marino, Manning is crazy.
    They need a guy who doesn't make mistakes.
    I understand why you would say he sucks but i want to see how he does over the first 4 games before i throw him out the window.
    right now i'm more pissed at Schotty and the jets goddamn defensive pass interferance calls then anything else.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Priority number one in next year's draft has to be a nose tackle... right?

I saw this come across twitter this absolutely blows.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The thing I questioned the most is this; you have all world Darrelle Revis who your coach says is the best player in the league, and he spends all night covering Derrick "I drop every big pass thrown my way" Mason instead of Boldin who was the best receiver on the field. Maybe you could argue Revis is not in game shape yet. But he should have been covering Boldin 75% of the time or more. I was surprised by that. I assume he will spend next Sunday lined up against Moss.

Either way, it's week one and almost every team looked sloppy last weekend, Jets and Ravens included. I expect a lot of teams will look better this Sunday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeep wrote:
    I think it is a little early to start saying Sanchez Sucks.

ok...fair enough.
    im just a little sick of all the pre-season hype for this guy who, in my opinion, hasnt really proven anything yet.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    intodeep wrote:
    I think it is a little early to start saying Sanchez Sucks.

ok...fair enough.
    im just a little sick of all the pre-season hype for this guy who, in my opinion, hasnt really proven anything yet.

I agree, he reaped the benefits of coming out after Ryan and Flacco. He was projected way too high in the draft.
    The thing I questioned the most is this; you have all world Darrelle Revis who your coach says is the best player in the league, and he spends all night covering Derrick "I drop every big pass thrown my way" Mason instead of Boldin who was the best receiver on the field. Maybe you could argue Revis is not in game shape yet. But he should have been covering Boldin 75% of the time or more. I was surprised by that. I assume he will spend next Sunday lined up against Moss.

I don't understand that eitehr. I noticed that but no reporter asked him why or at least i did not see it asked so I felt like i must have missed something obvious. Why would he not line up against Boldin even if he wasn't 100%?

Lots to be disapointed about last night buy i'm not the defense was DAMN good considering it was on the field for most of the game.

the first four games of the year are brutal. Survive that and get Holmes into the mix and hopefully they can make a late season push.

The AFC EAST is the AFC BEAST again w/ Miami, Pats, and Jets.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    [

I agree, he reaped the benefits of coming out after Ryan and Flacco. He was projected way too high in the draft.
    09 qb draft class was one of the weakest in years. jets shoulda held onto the 17th pick and drafted one of the wr's that were on the board.