there it is 600!!!

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    So rings only matter?

Playing fair doesn't?

I totally disgree with you and will never raise my kids this way.

Playing within the rules and staying true to the game and teammates mean more than winning a silly ring.

Almost everyone took steroids, Arod just got caught.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    my opinion on rings is they mean less in the day of free agency.

The whole Lebron teaming up with 2 superstars is going only to lessen the value of a ring.

Again Jeter is the true Yankee and without him Arod would not have a ring. He is a cheater and will always be rembered this way.

Ken Griffey is Hall bound and his legacy will be greater than Arod's ring.

Ring mean nothing these days. It's all a business.

love jeter. love the yankees. but come on... a-rod practically single handedly won that WS for NY. you don't have to like the guy, but give credit where credit is due.

if rings mean nothing, and it's all about business and money, why did lebron, the biggest sports superstar in the world, ditch cleveland, take a pay cut, & team up with two superstars to win one?
    I mentioned this but here is Buster Olneys full quote from a while back

I think most of the elite players were using performance-enhancing drugs, and within the context of that time — when baseball wasn’t doing anything to stop the growth of drug use — this was what the sport was. And we don’t know exactly who did what. There are a lot of superstar players who were broadly suspected within the sport of having used steroids, but they avoided the crossfire; the only difference between those guys and McGwire was that McGwire had Jose Canseco as a teammate. And here’s the other thing — we don’t know exactly who did what, and when they did it. So I think in order to have a consistent standard when considering the steroid-era players, you either have to vote for no one at all, or set aside the steroid issue and just vote for the best players of the era
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    im done arguing..its friday and im not gonna get amped up over a messageboard

good for you.

so do you think you'll hit # 4,000 by september?

only kidding guy--only kidding :mrgreen:

considering i've been around here in one form or another since the late 90's ..i probably have about 40,000

4,000 in 8 months dude. i am pulling for you.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think most of the elite players were using performance-enhancing drugs, and within the context of that time — when baseball wasn’t doing anything to stop the growth of drug use — this was what the sport was. And we don’t know exactly who did what. There are a lot of superstar players who were broadly suspected within the sport of having used steroids, but they avoided the crossfire; the only difference between those guys and McGwire was that McGwire had Jose Canseco as a teammate. And here’s the other thing — we don’t know exactly who did what, and when they did it. So I think in order to have a consistent standard when considering the steroid-era players, you either have to vote for no one at all, or set aside the steroid issue and just vote for the best players of the era

the thing is tho ... ok - so, it was prevalent at the time and there were no rules against it ... but when given the opportunity to own up to it ... most of these guys didn't ... not A-Rod nor McGwire at the time ... because ultimately, they weren't man enuf to do so ... in a moment when they could have said they made a mistake and be role models for the kids out there - they chose to lie ... why the cuss would i want to cheer for people like that?
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

the thing is tho ... ok - so, it was prevalent at the time and there were no rules against it ... but when given the opportunity to own up to it ... most of these guys didn't ... not A-Rod nor McGwire at the time ... because ultimately, they weren't man enuf to do so ... in a moment when they could have said they made a mistake and be role models for the kids out there - they chose to lie ... why the cuss would i want to cheer for people like that?

god bless ken griffey jr. that's all i gotta say.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

The whole Lebron teaming up with 2 superstars is going only to lessen the value of a ring.

Again Jeter is the true Yankee and without him Arod would not have a ring. He is a cheater and will always be rembered this way.

he just never admitted ..don't be stupid and believe any differntly
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

he just never admitted ..don't be stupid and believe any differntly

...nor was he ever accused. what are you talking about dude?
    www.myspace.com
  • Arod%20ball%20slap.jpg
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    bigger douche?

arod for slapping the glove? arroyo for having corn rolls?

arroyo by a country mile.

the shittiest part of that play was jeter was called back to first base. how did that make sense?
    www.myspace.com
  • rival. wrote:
    bigger douche?

arroyo by a country mile.

the shittiest part of that play was jeter was called back to first base. how did that make sense?
    First off, never, under any circumstance, is there to be sissy slapping in baseball. Never. A-Rod wins.

And he should have been called out on the play for behaving like an eight year old if for no other reason.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
    You Red Sox fans love talking about some old shit. Give it up, fellas. I guess that's all you have to talk about when your team blows.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    You Red Sox fans love talking about some old shit. Give it up, fellas. I guess that's all you have to talk about when your team blows.

they're gonna live off that for t he rest of their lives.. its actually quite funny what a sad sack of losers they are

create some new moments nation :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I dont go along with the ........

"Everyone else was doing steroids too" line of bullshit ........I dont give a fuck if everyone was doing them....It was WRONG!!!!!!!

A-Rod is just another steroid freak, who used performance enhancing drugs.

Fuck him...
    He should never even be considered for The Hall Of Fame.....

Just my humble opinion....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I dont go along with the ........

"Everyone else was doing steroids too" line of bullshit ........I dont give a fuck if everyone was doing them....It was WRONG!!!!!!!

Fuck him...

like sosa
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Buster Olney, are you serious?

Spoken like the true Yankee homer he is.

I agree with Mr. Boswell, whom is in a league Buster will never touch,

Tom Boswell: Junior is the perfect example of why we shouldn't throw open the doors of Cooperstown to all the cheaters. "Oh, everybody did it, so I don't want to keep anybody out, so I'll vote like there was no Steroid Age." What kind of Amoral Dumber-Than-A-Rock logic is that. The world is complicated. Deal with it. If you have a HOF vote, do your best to figure out who cheated -- beyond a reasonable doubt -- and don't vote for 'em. But vote for the others. It's not perfect. But it's better than "I give up."
  • Lebron teamed up with 2 superstars because the 3 of them are a business.

All three signed with the same creative managment company.

Lebron went to Miami because he would have never won by himself.

He isn't losing much money either. What he gave up in the contract he'll make back in greater endorsements.

Magic, Larry, and Michael would have never done this chicken shit move.

Lebron=Pussy.
  • I dont go along with the ........

Fuck him...

like sosa
    Sammy
    Mcguire
    Bonds
    A-ROD
    Clemens

FUCK EM ALL!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • crazy thing about this is attendance figures for 600 home run games

Hank Aaron 1971 - 13,000 people
    Willie Mays 1969 - about 5,000 people in San Diego.
    Alex Rodriguez 2010 - 47,000 people
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... index.html

interesting article. what do you all think.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    lets make this simple

HE PLAYS ON THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL.EVER

HE LIVES IN THE BEST CITY EVER

HE HAS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP HERE AND WILL GO DOWN IN YANKEES HISTORY

HE HAS BANGED THE LIKES OF KATE HUDSON AND CAMERON DIAZ

HE MAKES 30 MILLION A YEAR ...

HATE ALL YOU WANT ...BUT WE ALL WISH WE WERE HIM

thanks for the caps. do you own the cavs?
    "we're number 1! you're number 2! Suck on my balls! "
    arrogant much?
    attitudes like this drove me west. celebrity "romances" speak to a level of insecurity i cannot .

you know he's a lakers fan too right? :roll:
    kinda makes the whole "best city ever" talk a mooooo point. :lol::lol::lol:

yankees and lakers??? what the fuck? neily are you jack nicholson?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

as long as there is mention of it in one way or the other, i don't care if they get in either. they're both frauds though ;)

As were the entire 1993 Phillies then.

Lenny Dykstra was/is my favorite Phillie of all time - homeless, sleeping in his car and all.

And Barry Bonds - steroids or not - is the greatest offensive player of our lifetime. Well, until Pujols passes him.

rickey henderson never gets mentioned in this discussion. he should get consideration.

bonds
    griffey
    pujols
    arod
    rickey
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    The Fixer wrote:

And in college bastketball? That's right. U-N-C. I'm honestly shocked he's a Jets fan. It's the only team in NY he roots for that has not won a championship in his formative years of choosing who he would plead allegiance to. ;)
    rival. wrote:
    bigger douche?

nick swisher for just being himself. kevin millar is a close second. and arroyo is definitely a huge douche
    edited August 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Buster Olney, are you serious?

Spoken like the true Yankee homer he is.

I agree with Mr. Boswell, whom is in a league Buster will never touch,

Tom Boswell: Junior is the perfect example of why we shouldn't throw open the doors of Cooperstown to all the cheaters. "Oh, everybody did it, so I don't want to keep anybody out, so I'll vote like there was no Steroid Age." What kind of Amoral Dumber-Than-A-Rock logic is that. The world is complicated. Deal with it. If you have a HOF vote, do your best to figure out who cheated -- beyond a reasonable doubt -- and don't vote for 'em. But vote for the others. It's not perfect. But it's better than "I give up."

I think the people that get on their moral high horses about cheating in baseball are funny. get a clue. cheating in baseball has been going on since the game's inception.

clemens, arod, bonds are no doubt about it hall of famers
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    edited August 2010
    The Fixer wrote:

And in college bastketball? That's right. U-N-C. I'm honestly shocked he's a Jets fan. It's the only team in NY he roots for that has not won a championship in his formative years of choosing who he would plead allegiance to. ;)

that's terrible. a while back we argued about rooting for colleges that you didn't attend. I think anyone that pretends to be a superfan of a school that they didn't attend (or directly work for) looks foolish
    Post edited by The Fixer on
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    As were the entire 1993 Phillies then.

Lenny Dykstra was/is my favorite Phillie of all time - homeless, sleeping in his car and all.

And Barry Bonds - steroids or not - is the greatest offensive player of our lifetime. Well, until Pujols passes him.

rickey henderson never gets mentioned in this discussion. he should get consideration.

bonds
    griffey
    pujols
    arod
    rickey

Definitely.

And Griffey to me is probably the best overall CF to play the game behind Mays.
    The Fixer wrote:

bonds
    griffey
    pujols
    arod
    rickey

Definitely.

Mickey Mantle has gotta be in the best CF ever play talk too. Those would be my top 3

Miguel Cabrera is another guy that doesn't get enough credit. Dude is still only 27. If he stays sober he could really put his mark on the record books
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

bonds
    griffey
    pujols
    arod
    rickey

Definitely.

Mickey Mantle has gotta be in the best CF ever play talk too. Those would be my top 3

Miguel Cabrera is another guy that doesn't get enough credit. Dude is still only 27. If he stays sober he could really put his mark on the record books

Yeah, I'd go Mays, Junior, Seven.

But I'm talking those who have already done it.