edited August 2010
    lets make this simple

HE PLAYS ON THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL.EVER

HE LIVES IN THE BEST CITY EVER

HE HAS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP HERE AND WILL GO DOWN IN YANKEES HISTORY

HE HAS BANGED THE LIKES OF KATE HUDSON AND CAMERON DIAZ

HE MAKES 30 MILLION A YEAR ...

HATE ALL YOU WANT ...BUT WE ALL WISH WE WERE HIM

thanks for the caps. do you own the cavs?
    "we're number 1! you're number 2! Suck on my balls! "
    arrogant much?
    attitudes like this drove me west. celebrity "romances" speak to a level of insecurity i cannot .

you know he's a lakers fan too right? :roll:
    kinda makes the whole "best city ever" talk a mooooo point. :lol::lol::lol:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    or you put an asterisk next to all their names. ;)

the farve shit, while funny, is none of our damn business.

It's just all so subjective, no one will ever know anything for sure and while it inflated numbers, who knows how many pitchers were cheating and who knows how many players were cheating overall. We all loved baseball then and we love it now. I fucking hate people that act like steroids ruined the sport. Everyone is at fault and steroids were part of the game for a while. It's not like it ruined anything for anyone besides some cranky old, nostaligc reporters. Steroids were part of baseball for a while and no one will know for sure who cheated and who didn't. I hate the phrase, it is what it is, more than anything, but it really is.

it didn't ruin the sport. it just makes the main reason why it came back in popularity seem pretty fake. and it's tainted some of the alltime records and rendered them almost useless. i am really interested to see how ken burns deals with it.

i think there has to be some mention of it though. if not an asterisk, then just some kind of acknowlegment. i would prefer an asterisk for all players that were found to be using. but that's just me.

I don't have a problem with an asterisk or a mention of it around players who got caught but I do have a huge problem with players like Arod and Bonds not getting in.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's just all so subjective, no one will ever know anything for sure and while it inflated numbers, who knows how many pitchers were cheating and who knows how many players were cheating overall. We all loved baseball then and we love it now. I fucking hate people that act like steroids ruined the sport. Everyone is at fault and steroids were part of the game for a while. It's not like it ruined anything for anyone besides some cranky old, nostaligc reporters. Steroids were part of baseball for a while and no one will know for sure who cheated and who didn't. I hate the phrase, it is what it is, more than anything, but it really is.

it didn't ruin the sport. it just makes the main reason why it came back in popularity seem pretty fake. and it's tainted some of the alltime records and rendered them almost useless. i am really interested to see how ken burns deals with it.

i think there has to be some mention of it though. if not an asterisk, then just some kind of acknowlegment. i would prefer an asterisk for all players that were found to be using. but that's just me.

I don't have a problem with an asterisk or a mention of it around players who got caught but I do have a huge problem with players like Arod and Bonds not getting in.

as long as there is mention of it in one way or the other, i don't care if they get in either. they're both frauds though ;)
    www.myspace.com

as long as there is mention of it in one way or the other, i don't care if they get in either. they're both frauds though ;)

As were the entire 1993 Phillies then.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Lenny Dykstra was/is my favorite Phillie of all time - homeless, sleeping in his car and all.

And Barry Bonds - steroids or not - is the greatest offensive player of our lifetime. Well, until Pujols passes him.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yup. you got it. doesn't matter to me if they played for my team or the yanks or some other team.

still an awesome childhood memory though.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yup. you got it. doesn't matter to me if they played for my team or the yanks or some other team.

still an awesome childhood memory though.

Fair enough, as long as it works both ways.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Lenny Dykstra was/is my favorite Phillie of all time - homeless, sleeping in his car and all.

And Barry Bonds - steroids or not - is the greatest offensive player of our lifetime. Well, until Pujols passes him.

WHATEVER IT TAKES, DUDE.....LITERALLY!
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

WHATEVER IT TAKES, DUDE.....LITERALLY!

On Real Sports in Nails' furniture-less mansion:

Old white haired guy who's name I can't remember right now - Lenny, you're broke. What are you gonna do?

Lenny - Broke? You don't think I've got money? (Pulls a wad of hundreds out of his pocket) I've got money. Here. Look. (Starts counting his wad of money to prove a point)

Unintentional comedy at its finest.

On Real Sports in Nails' furniture-less mansion:

Old white haired guy who's name I can't remember right now - Lenny, you're broke. What are you gonna do?

Lenny - Broke? You don't think I've got money? (Pulls a wad of hundreds out of his pocket) I've got money. Here. Look. (Starts counting his wad of money to prove a point)

Unintentional comedy at its finest.

Bernie Goldberg. one of the finest journalists of our time. his books on the liberal media are so on point, it's not even funny.
    www.myspace.com

Bernie Goldberg. one of the finest journalists of our time. his books on the liberal media are so on point, it's not even funny.

Dude, I'm not even going to get in a political debate, but the United States media in general is terrible. And to say the right wing is any better is preposterous. If you like Fox News, or Bill O'Reilly, or Glenn Beck then you should go buy a pick-up truck and listen to Toby Keith while wearing a US flag leather jacket.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jeags the lakers thing hasn't been funny from the beginning

born and raised in the best city in the world....philly cant hold a dick to it

yes i root for the lakers...my whole life...

never said i love LA ... JUST A TEAM FROM THERE

get on with it dude

i mean you quit on your beloved phillies 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden you are blowing them again..

THAT S A FRAUD BUD...BANDWAGON FROM SEASON TO SEASON ....JOKE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115

get on with it dude

i mean you quit on your beloved phillies 3 weeks ago and all of a sudden you are blowing them again..

Would you even root for the Yanks if they had a crappy team.
    You don't root for the Knicks. The Lakers real tough choice.
    I'm guessing you like the Cowboys and Canadians.
    Is your favorite golfer Tiger Woods?

Dude, I'm not even going to get in a political debate, but the United States media in general is terrible. And to say the right wing is any better is preposterous. If you like Fox News, or Bill O'Reilly, or Glenn Beck then you should go buy a pick-up truck and listen to Toby Keith while wearing a US flag leather jacket.

not saying the right wing is any better. i am an independent who only knows one party...and that's freedom ;) . but it's worth noting that there's one station that appears to lean towards the right while every other one goes the other way. been like this for our whole lives by the way. just way more overt now.
    www.myspace.com

get on with it dude

never quit on the phils. go in that thread and show me where i did cuz i'd LOVE to see it. :lol:

and sorry if i touched on a nerve dude, but it's for your own good. you have to hear this stuff. i would think if you love your hometown so much you wouldn't abandon its one and only basketball team for all the glitz and glamor of the lakers 3,000 miles away. that is an act of treason on new york city my friend. ;)
    www.myspace.com

get on with it dude

dude i grew up in the 80's with the yankees...so don't start that nonsense

and no bud im rangers and jets ...another 2 teams who usually suck

golf is for girls ..so who cares
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

get on with it dude

dude i grew up in the 80's with the yankees...so don't start that nonsense

and no bud im rangers and jets ...another 2 teams who usually suck

golf is for girls ..so who cares

ask him who his college basketball team is :shh: :shh: :shh: :shh: :lol:
    www.myspace.com

get on with it dude

never quit on the phils. go in that thread and show me where i did cuz i'd LOVE to see it. :lol:

and sorry if i touched on a nerve dude, but it's for your own good. you have to hear this stuff. i would think if you love your hometown so much you wouldn't abandon its one and only basketball team for all the glitz and glamor of the lakers 3,000 miles away. that is an act of treason on new york city my friend. ;)

the scary thing is you would make out with this brown kid

how does not rooting for the knicks have anything to do with abandoning ny...you sound foolish

and while the 21st century has been great for the lakers...their were some bad years also

YES I FUCKING DESPISE THE KNICKS

AND YES IM A UNC FAN ... last time i checked ny didn't have a basketball team ...sorry st. johns is queens

get on with it dude

the scary thing is you would make out with this brown kid

how does not rooting for the knicks have anything to do with abandoning ny...you sound foolish

and while the 21st century has been great for the lakers...their were some bad years also

YES I FUCKING DESPISE THE KNICKS

AND YES IM A UNC FAN ... last time i checked ny didn't have a basketball team ...sorry st. johns is queens

don't get mad. look at it this way: i'm not only trying to help you become a better sports fan...i am trying to help you become a better human being.

ny doesn't have a basketball team... :lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
    im done arguing..its friday and im not gonna get amped up over a messageboard

good for you.

so do you think you'll hit # 4,000 by september?

only kidding guy--only kidding :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

good for you.

so do you think you'll hit # 4,000 by september?

only kidding guy--only kidding :mrgreen:

considering i've been around here in one form or another since the late 90's ..i probably have about 40,000
  • thank god

600*

LMAO.

So true. The fact of this milestone is no one outside of Yankee fans care about this.

A-Rod is a cheater, his numbers mean NOTHING.

The Hall door has been shut for him, Clemens, Bonds, Palmero, Pudge and all the other cheaters.
    thank god

600*

LMAO.

So true. The fact of this milestone is no one outside of Yankee fans care about this.

A-Rod is a cheater, his numbers mean NOTHING.

The Hall door has been shut for him, Clemens, Bonds, Palmero, Pudge and all the other cheaters.

his ring means alot though
  • Jeter is the star of that team.

Without him they wouldn't have won any of the recent titles.

Marion, Bernie, and Jeter are HOF bound.

Yes, A-rod did contribute to the ring but the crowning achievment for a baseball player is the hall.

He is a cheater and won't be in.

So, as a Yankee fan you should be enjoying Jeter not A-rod.

My brother is a huge Yankee fan and he hates A-rod.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Yes, A-rod did contribute to the ring but the crowning achievment for a baseball player is the hall.

i've stayed out of this bitch-feast, but have to chime in on this. 100% not true. ask any HOF'er in ANY sport that has not won a championship.... they, without hesitation would trade HOF status for a ring. guaranteed.
    rival. wrote:

i've stayed out of this bitch-feast, but have to chime in on this. 100% not true. ask any HOF'er in ANY sport that has not won a championship.... they, without hesitation would trade HOF status for a ring. guaranteed.

totally ...rings are all that matters to the fans and i should hope the players
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    totally ...rings are all that matters to the fans and i should hope the players

really!?? ... like isn't there some part of you that wants to root for a team that has players that play "the right way" and are not douchebags!? ... don't get me wrong ... the team clearly outweighs the player but still ...
  • my opinion on rings is they mean less in the day of free agency.

The whole Lebron teaming up with 2 superstars is going only to lessen the value of a ring.

Again Jeter is the true Yankee and without him Arod would not have a ring. He is a cheater and will always be rembered this way.

Ken Griffey is Hall bound and his legacy will be greater than Arod's ring.

Ring mean nothing these days. It's all a business.
  • So rings only matter?

Playing fair doesn't?

I totally disgree with you and will never raise my kids this way.

Playing within the rules and staying true to the game and teammates mean more than winning a silly ring.