there it is 600!!!

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    In all seroiusness, people are way to concerned with athletes personalities these days with the 24 hour news cycle. For fucks sake, if the internet were around back in the day, every player in baseball would be considered a complete fucking scumbag.

I have no problem with scum bags. Only thing I ever appreciated about A-Rod is gallivanting with that stripper.

Dude loves hookers from what I hear. Same with Eli Manning but that is a whole different story.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    In all seroiusness, people are way to concerned with athletes personalities these days with the 24 hour news cycle. For fucks sake, if the internet were around back in the day, every player in baseball would be considered a complete fucking scumbag.

I have no problem with scum bags. Only thing I ever appreciated about A-Rod is gallivanting with that stripper.

Dude loves hookers from what I hear. Same with Eli Manning but that is a whole different story.

I try to limit my making fun of Eli. It's not right to make fun of people with Down Syndrome.

I try to limit my making fun of Eli. It's not right to make fun of people with Down Syndrome.

I didn't mean to open a can of worms. All I know is that Eli and the NY Giants gave me one of my favorite moments in my sports fan career.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    I GIVE YOU BOTH A 'D' IN QUOTING.

That's pretty generous. I did go back and fix it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Hank Aaron is just the man. Dude gets it.

"When you reach that plateau, no matter where it is, whether you're playing in the Majors or the Minors, it's a tremendous accomplishment. It means an awful lot to whoever reaches this achievement . . . It really doesn't matter what kind of asterisk you put by it -- 600 homers is something special."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I'm not gonna make excuses for A Rods roid use, it is what it is.

The double standards and the way public opinion has on this is bullshit. So a guy with a bad personality gets buried harder then a guy we all think is a "good guy" gets redemption?? Why do we all think we know athletes based on media bias?? I don't care how someone treats the
    media! Most of the time these reporters are more concerned with being buddy buddy with someone than being fair.

I know one thing( hate to bring him up, cause I never rooted for him) but the way Bonds was treated vs all the others was not right! I know I'm crazy.... But look at his strikeout ratios and pitchers flat out pissing themselves everytime they faced him. Was he using different steroids?? Cause his numbers kill those of alot of these guys who took it so they wouldn't wash out or to get that big contract. Baseball gets fruity the way we throw out pcs of info to make someone look worse fir the same crime someone else did. We have to look at it thru the same prism.

I know Bonds never confessed and that makes him hated more but as a Yankee fan the only reason a rod confessed was he was caught dead to rights... Just being honest. He lied at 1st... He had other players situations (bonds, maguire etc) that took place before to come up with his strategy.

I think baseball officials are more responsible.... They had to know

my 2 cents
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

with arod, its really not all about that. its trying to knock the ball out of the dude's glove in the alcs 6 or 7 years ago. its yelling at the 3rd basemen when he's waiting to catch the pop up. it's walking across the damn pitchers mound earlier this year. again--he comes across not only as a douche, but as a bad guy. his douchiness combined with the whole cheating thing pushes him over the edge.

i agree with the 24 hour news cycle though. it makes me hate our culture. case in point: http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre ... e=true&s=i

this should be none of our business. yet, somehow it is.

jenn sterger by the way--100% hot.
    www.myspace.com
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I'm not gonna make excuses for A Rods roid use, it is what it is.

The double standards and the way public opinion has on this is bullshit. So a guy with a bad personality gets buried harder then a guy we all think is a "good guy" gets redemption?? Why do we all think we know athletes based on media bias?? I don't care how someone treats the
    media! Most of the time these reporters are more concerned with being buddy buddy with someone than being fair.

I know one thing( hate to bring him up, cause I never rooted for him) but the way Bonds was treated vs all the others was not right! I know I'm crazy.... But look at his strikeout ratios and pitchers flat out pissing themselves everytime they faced him. Was he using different steroids?? Cause his numbers kill those of alot of these guys who took it so they wouldn't wash out or to get that big contract. Baseball gets fruity the way we throw out pcs of info to make someone look worse fir the same crime someone else did. We have to look at it thru the same prism.

I know Bonds never confessed and that makes him hated more but as a Yankee fan the only reason a rod confessed was he was caught dead to rights... Just being honest. He lied at 1st... He had other players situations (bonds, maguire etc) that took place before to come up with his strategy.

I think baseball officials are more responsible.... They had to know

my 2 cents

:clap:
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

"When you reach that plateau, no matter where it is, whether you're playing in the Majors or the Minors, it's a tremendous accomplishment. It means an awful lot to whoever reaches this achievement . . . It really doesn't matter what kind of asterisk you put by it -- 600 homers is something special."

Yeah, and he also acknowledged Bonds on the jumbo screen when he broke Aaron's record. All any of this says to me is Hank Aaron = really, really nice guy.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, and he also acknowledged Bonds on the jumbo screen when he broke Aaron's record. All any of this says to me is Hank Aaron = really, really nice guy.

Craigh Calceterra says it best

And really, why wouldn't he? When you've had the life and career that Hank Aaron has had, you don't need a record book, an ethical analysis or the arguments of fans or the media to make you feel confident of all you've accomplished. A-Rod could hit 900 homers and it wouldn't take a lick away from Henry Aaron.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

with arod, its really not all about that. its trying to knock the ball out of the dude's glove in the alcs 6 or 7 years ago. its yelling at the 3rd basemen when he's waiting to catch the pop up. it's walking across the damn pitchers mound earlier this year. again--he comes across not only as a douche, but as a bad guy. his douchiness combined with the whole cheating thing pushes him over the edge.

i agree with the 24 hour news cycle though. it makes me hate our culture. case in point: http://deadspin.com/5603701/brett-favre ... e=true&s=i

I don't really feel like arguing about every arod decision ever made. He sure as hell fucked up a few times but the Braden incident was not really one of them. As your boy Buster Olney says "you either vote for all players from the era or none because none of us know who was clean and who was not" (paraphrasing)

I think that Brett Favre shit is fucking hilarious. I couldn't wait for that this morning.
    LOVED that Favre shit.

All this talk has got me looking at Pujols' stats. God damn, that man is a machine.
    LOVED that Favre shit.

All this talk has got me looking at Pujols' stats. God damn, that man is a machine.

Pujol's stats are retarded good. People don't understand what kind of player we are watching.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    LOVED that Favre shit.

Pujol's stats are retarded good. People don't understand what kind of player we are watching.

That's what I've said, but the people I usually say it too look at me like I'm crazy just because they're casual baseball fans. It's insane.

When all is said and done - it may go Ruth, Pujols as the best players of all time.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    LOVED that Favre shit.

That's what I've said, but the people I usually say it too look at me like I'm crazy just because they're casual baseball fans. It's insane.

When all is said and done - it may go Ruth, Pujols as the best players of all time.

Yeah, it is really insane.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/playe ... al01.shtml

Everything there is fucking insane. Career BA of .331, OBP of .425 and OPS of 1.048. The FUCK?!?!?!?!?!

I agree, he definitely has a shot to be in that category. Have to include Ted Williams in that but yeah, it is fucking insane how good he is.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    lets make this simple

HE PLAYS ON THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL.EVER

HE LIVES IN THE BEST CITY EVER

HE HAS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP HERE AND WILL GO DOWN IN YANKEES HISTORY

HE HAS BANGED THE LIKES OF KATE HUDSON AND CAMERON DIAZ

HE MAKES 30 MILLION A YEAR ...

HATE ALL YOU WANT ...BUT WE ALL WISH WE WERE HIM
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Everything there is fucking insane. Career BA of .331, OBP of .425 and OPS of 1.048. The FUCK?!?!?!?!?!

I agree, he definitely has a shot to be in that category. Have to include Ted Williams in that but yeah, it is fucking insane how good he is.

Unreal. He'll absolutely go down as one of the best ever.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I hear ya, but I'm just saying The Babe because he's on another planet altogether. Greatest player of all-time. Didn't really look all too much into his stats until I was at that bar across from Yankee Stadium and they have all that shit on the walls and just looking at his numbers - especially as a pitcher - and they're ridiculous.

Yeah, I hear ya, but I'm just saying The Babe because he's on another planet altogether. Greatest player of all-time. Didn't really look all too much into his stats until I was at that bar across from Yankee Stadium and they have all that shit on the walls and just looking at his numbers - especially as a pitcher - and they're ridiculous.

Oh absolutely. Babe Ruth has the most insane stats ever. One of the the guys in the phillies thread said compare babe ruths and ryan howards first 4 years. Well you cant, because in his first 4 years he pitched 1,000 innings to an ERA under 2. It's unreal. What makes his home run numbers so crazy is that NO ONE hit home runs really at at time.
    oh cliffy we need some video :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

haha, I thought you would never ask.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=10594253
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't really feel like arguing about every arod decision ever made. He sure as hell fucked up a few times but the Braden incident was not really one of them. As your boy Buster Olney says "you either vote for all players from the era or none because none of us know who was clean and who was not" (paraphrasing)

I think that Brett Favre shit is fucking hilarious. I couldn't wait for that this morning.

or you put an asterisk next to all their names. ;)

the farve shit, while funny, is none of our damn business.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you shuld make a video of all the great moments in the past 12 years... it will take 2 days to watch it all ;)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

you shuld make a video of all the great moments in the past 12 years... it will take 2 days to watch it all ;)

It would take quite a while and would take a whole lot of digging. Maybe some weekend when I am really bored I will dig around a bit. I love watching that shit.
  • "their"

?!
    "May you live in interesting times."
    "their"

?!

uh oh the spelling police are here...please don't arrest me...i didn't major in english

p.s it was mentioned a few times already

and i changed it just for you

It's just all so subjective, no one will ever know anything for sure and while it inflated numbers, who knows how many pitchers were cheating and who knows how many players were cheating overall. We all loved baseball then and we love it now. I fucking hate people that act like steroids ruined the sport. Everyone is at fault and steroids were part of the game for a while. It's not like it ruined anything for anyone besides some cranky old, nostaligc reporters. Steroids were part of baseball for a while and no one will know for sure who cheated and who didn't. I hate the phrase, it is what it is, more than anything, but it really is.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    "their"

?!

uh oh the spelling police are here...please don't arrest me...i didn't major in english

p.s it was mentioned a few times already

and i changed it just for you

Thank God. It was driving me crazy.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • lets make this simple

HE PLAYS ON THE BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL.EVER

HE LIVES IN THE BEST CITY EVER

HE HAS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP HERE AND WILL GO DOWN IN YANKEES HISTORY

HE HAS BANGED THE LIKES OF KATE HUDSON AND CAMERON DIAZ

HE MAKES 30 MILLION A YEAR ...

HATE ALL YOU WANT ...BUT WE ALL WISH WE WERE HIM

thanks for the caps. do you own the cavs?
    "we're number 1! you're number 2! Suck on my balls! "
    arrogant much?
    attitudes like this drove me west.
    celebrity "romances" speak to a level of insecurity i cannot fathom, nor want to.
    By "we all" i am assuming you mean all NYers.
    happy to just be me thanks.
    Enjoy the traffic.
    uke can save the world
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

It's just all so subjective, no one will ever know anything for sure and while it inflated numbers, who knows how many pitchers were cheating and who knows how many players were cheating overall. We all loved baseball then and we love it now. I fucking hate people that act like steroids ruined the sport. Everyone is at fault and steroids were part of the game for a while. It's not like it ruined anything for anyone besides some cranky old, nostaligc reporters. Steroids were part of baseball for a while and no one will know for sure who cheated and who didn't. I hate the phrase, it is what it is, more than anything, but it really is.

it didn't ruin the sport. it just makes the main reason why it came back in popularity seem pretty fake. and it's tainted some of the alltime records and rendered them almost useless. i am really interested to see how ken burns deals with it.

i think there has to be some mention of it though. if not an asterisk, then just some kind of acknowlegment. i would prefer an asterisk for all players that were found to be using. but that's just me.
    www.myspace.com