there it is 600!!!

Comments

• Bonds hit like 359 homers after turning 35 ...... so AROD could hit like a thousand total?? :lol:
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    I doubt any untainted player will ever break any home run record. Sadly, hardly anyone will ever care about those records ever again (except for Giants & Yankees fans).

I know it's the Yankees and it doesn't matter, but it's funny that they'll be paying that guy $30M well into his 40s. If he can't find any more chemical enhancement, he'll be using a walker to get to the batters box
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I doubt any untainted player will ever break any home run record. Sadly, hardly anyone will ever care about those records ever again (except for Giants & Yankees fans).

I know it's the Yankees and it doesn't matter, but it's funny that they'll be paying that guy $30M well into his 40s. If he can't find any more chemical enhancement, he'll be using a walker to get to the batters box

well just have to win as many rings as we can right now
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    the wolf wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Really? I seriously don't know how yankee fans can pull for a guy like A-Rod.

I don't know how Yankee fans can pull for a team like the Yankees.

hee hee hee

good one

F a-rod, probably my least favorite person in MLB
  • first and foremost, it's "there", not "their"

HRs since PUDs mean way less than they used to.

Arod is one of the larger douchebags in the history of sports - dude is just absolutely clueless. he's like zoolander in a baseball uniform.

If he were still wallowing in Texas or Seattle, or that trade to Boston had gone through (thank god it didn't), the sarcastic NY venom would be spewing. you love Arod 'cause he's on your team, so good for you. btw, he's hitting about .260, i think.

NY and Boston can waste time barking at each other all day long - rays are in first place, maybe to stay. aside from a downer or two (BJ Upton) they are a damn good squad.

all that being said, great job. hurray. very very exciting.
    uke can save the world
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    first and foremost, it's "there", not "their"

Arod is one of the larger douchebags in the history of sports - dude is just absolutely clueless. he's like zoolander in a baseball uniform.

If he were still wallowing in Texas or Seattle, or that trade to Boston had gone through (thank god it didn't), the sarcastic NY venom would be spewing. you love Arod 'cause he's on your team, so good for you. btw, he's hitting about .260, i think.

NY and Boston can waste time barking at each other all day long - rays are in first place, maybe to stay. aside from a downer or two (BJ Upton) they are a damn good squad.

thanks for the info just another hater
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • i hate arod

you love arod

i can live with that.
    uke can save the world
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    first and foremost, it's "there", not "their"

Maybe to stay? They're one game up. There's still so much baseball to play.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    add another to the hater list ... guy has no class whatsoever ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    add another to the hater list ... guy has no class whatsoever ...

you friends with him? didn't think so
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

It's We'll - as in "we will." Well is a state of being, or the opposite of sick. Maybe this 3B guy, what's his face, can donate some cash to NY area education. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

uhhh ... between the braden incident this year and the phantom call incident last year and the PEDs - he's already shown what kind of athlete he is ...

feel free to cheer for a guy no one would really want their kid to look up to ...
  • maybe, as in maybe they will win the division, maybe they won't. they are one game up, not down. they have the best record in baseball, terrific starting pitching, young, fast. so, maybe.
    uke can save the world
    polaris_x wrote:

uhhh ... between the braden incident this year and the phantom call incident last year and the PEDs - he's already shown what kind of athlete he is ...

feel free to cheer for a guy no one would really want their kid to look up to ...

guy i just want the yanks to win rings..i could care less about anything else

class was the canadians fans with their healthcare signs
    maybe, as in maybe they will win the division, maybe they won't. they are one game up, not down. they have the best record in baseball, terrific starting pitching, young, fast. so, maybe.

and next year half the team will be gone...good team to root for

It's We'll - as in "we will." Well is a state of being, or the opposite of sick. Maybe this 3B guy, what's his face, can donate some cash to NY area education. :lol:

Thanks Johnny, i really hope that made you feel better. You know what i like to do to feel better, go home and watch 2009 World Series DvD. <--hey did i spell everything correctly?

Thanks Johnny, i really hope that made you feel better. You know what i like to do to feel better, go home and watch 2009 World Series DvD. <--hey did i spell everything correctly?

victorino to the right side.... :mrgreen:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

fans shouldn't be using 'we' or 'us' to describe THEIR teams anyway. You should only say we if you're on the team.

I don't know how people pass elementary school without knowing how to use their, there, they're...and your/you're. it's not that fucking hard
    guy i just want the yanks to win rings..i could care less about anything else

class was the canadians fans with their healthcare signs

that's pretty obvious ... :lol:

some of us like to cheer for people based on just what uniform they wear ...
  • it makes much more sense
    to live
    in the present tense

the financial climate of baseball is another discussion. i do not root for the rays. i like baseball and think that good teams outa be recognized as such. i think the yankees are a good team as well and will watch them when they are on TV. i just think arods behavior on and off the feild is one of a douchebag, HRs aside. if you are a yankees fan, then your hand is forced to root for your own players. i like jeter, jorge, petite, swisher - they guys who don't frost their hair, or lie about PUDs on national TV, or try to knock the ball out of bronsons' glove, or run across the pitchers mound. just not mr 600*.
    uke can save the world
    it makes much more sense
    to live
    in the present tense

the financial climate of baseball is another discussion. i do not root for the rays. i like baseball and think that good teams outa be recognized as such. i think the yankees are a good team as well and will watch them when they are on TV. i just think arods behavior on and off the feild is one of a douchebag, HRs aside. if you are a yankees fan, then your hand is forced to root for your own players. i like jeter, jorge, petite, swisher - they guys who don't frost their hair, or lie about PUDs on national TV, or try to knock the ball out of bronsons' glove, or run across the pitchers mound. just not mr 600*.

just a shame that a real good team is getting broken up at the end of the year

Really, I do feel better. I feel better that I can watch a game on ESPN and not have it cut away to watch some jackass try to hit a homer and listen to those douchebags on YES. Feels great! Anyways, congrats guys, maybe you can have a little parade for the guy. Might as well, there won't be one in the fall.

I will now let this thread be forgotten, just like this home run will be quickly forgotten. Later.

But you didn't let me know if i spelled everything correctly?
  • but if i were a rays fan, i would point out that 2/3rds of the season is done, and they are ahead of a team that outspends them almost threefold.
    who knows what happens at years end. for now, first place.
    uke can save the world
    but if i were a rays fan, i would point out that 2/3rds of the season is done, and they are ahead of a team that outspends them almost threefold.

as long as its not the sux i can live with it

and both teams will make the playoffs regardless
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    but if i were a rays fan, i would point out that 2/3rds of the season is done, and they are ahead of a team that outspends them almost threefold.

Can I start my Wild Card rant now?
    GoiMTvP.gif

Can I start my Wild Card rant now?

as a mets fan ... you can start your devils chant right now
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

LOL, sigh... :cry:
    GoiMTvP.gif

LOL, sigh... :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bURk6OskkNc <-- Cheer up B D.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,801
    I can understand people not liking A-Rod...he has done some dumb things and seems to not have a clue at times. Thats par for the coarse at this point of media coverage of modern day sports

Tiger Woods
    Kobe and Lebron
    Favre
    Bonds
    A Rod

All these guys plus many more who have been at the top of their respected sports are hated just as much if not more for various reasons....only their home teams love em to death

If A Rod were on the Haters in this threads favorite team...you'd like him, dont even say you wouldnt

And to A Rods defense I dont think his biggest hater would call him malicious....just aloof at times