there it is 600!!!

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i hope he frosted his tips to look pretty for the cameras today.

pretty sad that most of the nation, outside of the bronx, doesnt give a shit that someone reached the 600 hr plateau.

what a fraud.
    www.myspace.com
  • i've hated players from teams i root for.
    if aroid played for the red sox, god forbid, i would still hate on him. he's a douche (and a cheat, a liar, an adulterer, etc.)
    i intensely disliked clemens when he played for the sox in the 80s - he had great regular seasons, then annually would blow up and lose to dave stewart in the playoffs, all the while acting like a total asshole. hated danny ainge when he played for the celtics - fucking whiner. same for antoine walker. thought craig janney was too soft when he played for the Bs. couldn't stand tony eason for the patriots.

i dont hate, but think way less of manny and ortiz for not so much what they took, but how they never owned up. love Pettite for shooting straight, and he's the supposed "enemy"

And don't blame media for the indiscretions of famous athletes. Everyone, you and i included, are responsible for our own actions. athletes are just like the rest of us, just larger, faster and in most cases have a good deal more income. they are well aware of the media climate they live in - whether or not they choose to accept it is another thing altogether. indiscretions, altercations, DUIs, fighting cops, killing dogs, raping girls, drugs and hookers - this is what gets reported because unfortunately that is what is going on.

Equally as unfortunate is that there is no feature ESPN story to "so and so athlete went home to his wife after the game, ate dinner, played some guitar, read a little, then and went to bed around 10:30 or 11." It's just not as interesting as NFL player going to a strip club and getting into a fight, or somebody shooting themselves in the leg at a bar.

I know big GB packer fan. few years back, when Favre started his "I'm coming back/no i'm not" act he's been doing ever since, i asked what he thought, or at least hoped for. he said "i hope he's done. i want to see what the other guy can do - i'm tired of his bullshit" you can love your team, but you don't have to love every name on the roster
    uke can save the world
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    I can understand people not liking A-Rod...he has done some dumb things and seems to not have a clue at times. Thats par for the coarse at this point of media coverage of modern day sports

Tiger Woods
    Kobe and Lebron
    Favre
    Bonds
    A Rod

All these guys plus many more who have been at the top of their respected sports are hated just as much if not more for various reasons....only their home teams love em to death

If A Rod were on the Haters in this threads favorite team...you'd like him, dont even say you wouldnt

And to A Rods defense I dont think his biggest hater would call him malicious....just aloof at times

I am a Sox fan and never would have been happy if Arod had been on the Sox.
    I didn't like Manny, Pedro or Clemens when they were on the Sox.
    I don't like MLB players that act like they should be playing in the NFL or NBA.

Arod is just an ass.
    Will always be an ass no matter how many HR's he hits.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,734
    There is so much nonsense in this thread its absurd.

Arod's teammates like him. (a lot more since the whole steroid thing, he changed a lot)
    He is the best player on the Yankees.
    He is a champ.

Of course all you fuckers hate him, but god damn, we love the guy. Congrats Arod. Now just win.
    And whether all you guys believe everything Arod said or not in regards to steroids, he owned up to it. More than Manny or Ortiz did. And how the fuck do you know Pettitte was so honest and Arod is not? Come on. I love Pettitte but he gets the benefit of the doubt when Arod gets destroyed, it's so fucking hypocritical.
    As he said after the game, his new philosophy.

"talk little but talk with the bat"

It's a fantastic new view, he has changed so much.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,989
    Here's the thing - A-Rod's a robot.

I agree 100%, and I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And whether all you guys believe everything Arod said or not in regards to steroids, he owned up to it. More than Manny or Ortiz did. And how the fuck do you know Pettitte was so honest and Arod is not? Come on. I love Pettitte but he gets the benefit of the doubt when Arod gets destroyed, it's so fucking hypocritical.

but pettite's not a douche.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But that still does not answer the question.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You're right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man who does stuff like this. Let's face it - you humor yourself into liking this guy because he plays for your squad. That's the long and skinny of it. You know it and I know it.

arod_kissing_mirror.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

You're right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man who does stuff like this. Let's face it - you humor yourself into liking this guy because he plays for your squad. That's the long and skinny of it. You know it and I know it.

arod_kissing_mirror.jpg

What about guys who do stuff like this...

Creepy-Hamels-2.jpg

Of course it's because he plays for my sqaud, he is the best player on my favorite team and led them to the world series last year. I was never a fan of his personality until last year, just his ability. That is why we watch sports, right?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Creepy-Hamels-2.jpg

Of course it's because he plays for my sqaud, he is the best player on my favorite team and led them to the world series last year. I was never a fan of his personality until last year, just his ability. That is why we watch sports, right?

I have never said Hamels isn't a vagina. The difference is being self-centered. Winning a title is what makes you think his personality has changed.

There's a lot of fundamental problems I have with most Yankees fans, but I'm not going to get into them.

Vick is a perfect example of time like when he scored a touchdown and the thought is "Sweet. Thanks. Now get the fuck off the field."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But that still does not answer the question.

yes it does.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Creepy-Hamels-2.jpg

I have never said Hamels isn't a vagina. The difference is being self-centered. Winning a title is what makes you think his personality has changed.

There's a lot of fundamental problems I have with most Yankees fans, but I'm not going to get into them.

Vick is a perfect example of time like when he scored a touchdown and the thought is "Sweet. Thanks. Now get the fuck off the field."

Arod was a different person the day he came back last year. It has nothing to do with winning the title. He rarely talked to the media, was obviously a much much better teammate and just played baseball.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Creepy-Hamels-2.jpg

Arod was a different person the day he came back last year. It has nothing to do with winning the title. He rarely talked to the media, was obviously a much much better teammate and just played baseball.

GO TEAM!

yes it does.

So because you do not like someones personality he is lying and someone whos personality you do like is telling the truth? That is what you are trying to say?
    And JP, Michael Vick is a fucking criminal, a little different situation.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And JP, Michael Vick is a fucking criminal, a little different situation.

I'll give you that. They both can blow me equally in my book.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,410
    edited August 2010
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Creepy-Hamels-2.jpg

HAHA - that is absolutely hilarious. :lol::lol:

However, you're wrong on 2 levels:
    -Hamels has never been linked to any PED's.
    -Phillies fans clearly don't really like the guy, and are always looking for some reason to dog on him, even after he won the franchise's 2nd World Series MVP award. I actually do like the guy - so he's a metro, so what - he gets the job done and he doesn't do anything stupid since that bar fight in Clearwater (except make stupid commercials).

There went my boycott of this thread...
    Post edited by Johnny Abruzzo on
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

yes it does.

So because you do not like someones personality he is lying and someone whos personality you do like is telling the truth? That is what you are trying to say?

petitte comes across as more believable. arod just comes across as "not a good guy."

he's a douche. he cheated. he hit 600 homers. good for him. i'm glad there's not too much fanfare about this really.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Creepy-Hamels-2.jpg

HAHA - that is absolutely hilarious. :lol::lol:

However, you're wrong on 2 levels:
    -Hamels has never been linked to any PED's.
    -Phillies fans clearly don't really like the guy, and are always looking for some reason to dog on him, even after he won the franchise's 2nd World Series MVP award. I actually do like the guy - so he's a metro, so what - he gets the job done and he doesn't do anything stupid since that bar fight in Clearwater (except make stupid commercials).

There went my boycott of this thread...[/quote]

plus how does a picture of hamels hanging out with this family on a bed equate to a picture of a alex rodriguez kissing his own image in a mirror?
    www.myspace.com
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Funny I turned on the YES network to watch the godfather of sports talk radio and instead arods at bat and next thing I watch is his 600th homer.

Arod addmitted to using roids after he lied on 60 minutes infront of millions and millions households. He's still a cheat and a nutjob.

You root for the team not the players on that team
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

I GIVE YOU BOTH A 'D' IN QUOTING.

plus how does a picture of hamels hanging out with this family on a bed equate to a picture of a alex rodriguez kissing his own image in a mirror?

http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/up ... Hamels.jpg
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Check this one out. This put me over the edge.

ColeHamels.JPG
    In all seroiusness, people are way to concerned with athletes personalities these days with the 24 hour news cycle. For fucks sake, if the internet were around back in the day, every player in baseball would be considered a complete fucking scumbag.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    In all seroiusness, people are way to concerned with athletes personalities these days with the 24 hour news cycle. For fucks sake, if the internet were around back in the day, every player in baseball would be considered a complete fucking scumbag.

I have no problem with scum bags. Only thing I ever appreciated about A-Rod is gallivanting with that stripper.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Check this one out. This put me over the edge.

ColeHamels.JPG

HAHAHAHHAHAH. That is brutal.