ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Lizard wrote:
    81 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    I'm still trying to decide which is worst, the old people writing a cheque or them sifting through their wallet/purse for the exact change.
    I was at the corner store the other day and the old fellow was buying some scratch tickets, paying with the change he had and the cashier literally had to count it out for him because he wasn't sharp enough to do it himself. That just about sentt me off the deep end.

gf does the change. arrrrggggg.. stop it

so you date an old lady, huh? that's cool.
    :D

:lol: ball and chain :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    change for a phone call please... ??????...yeah the pay phone outside
    i need quaters dimes and nickels
    couples dollars worth, thanks.

weird lighters...
    it always feels & looks like a dope deals goin down when i'm on pay phone.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • tinkerbelltinkerbell Posts: 2,161
    We haven't been able to use cheques here for probably 10 years!! I have never owned a cheque book and the only places you can really use them now is paying utilites by mail (power, phone etc.) We were the first country in the world to introduce Eftpos (in store electronic transacions using debit cards) and I found it so bizarre when I went to Sydney recently that not everywhere takes debit or credit cards. I hardly ever carry cash.
    all you need is love, love is all you need
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    chadwick wrote:

weird lighters...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! the new posts in here made me laugh sooo hard just now and I can bearly breathe! You guys are effin funny! Chad the dope dealer! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    norm wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE,
    thanks for having the patience the young have not found yet :mrgreen:

hasn't a thing to do with patience...has to do with using antiquated forms of payment when there are clearly better, more efficient forms of payment...it's time people stop thinking there are the only ones in the world and think of their fellow man...me and the 5 people behind me shouldn't have had to wait that long when there was no need to...and it wasn't like this was some 87 year old who can barley see or anything...she was mid 60's, looked pretty healthy...no reason, other than she is stuck in her old ways, she couldn't have paid with a card

I agree. No one pays for stuff by trading chicken or goats or magic beans anymore...so should go the cheque...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    tinkerbell wrote:
    We haven't been able to use cheques here for probably 10 years!! I have never owned a cheque book and the only places you can really use them now is paying utilites by mail (power, phone etc.) We were the first country in the world to introduce Eftpos (in store electronic transacions using debit cards) and I found it so bizarre when I went to Sydney recently that not everywhere takes debit or credit cards. I hardly ever carry cash.

i have to ask... where didnt take one of these two options?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    norm wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE,
    thanks for having the patience the young have not found yet :mrgreen:

hasn't a thing to do with patience...has to do with using antiquated forms of payment when there are clearly better, more efficient forms of payment...it's time people stop thinking there are the only ones in the world and think of their fellow man...me and the 5 people behind me shouldn't have had to wait that long when there was no need to...and it wasn't like this was some 87 year old who can barley see or anything...she was mid 60's, looked pretty healthy...no reason, other than she is stuck in her old ways, she couldn't have paid with a card

I agree. No one pays for stuff by trading chicken or goats or magic beans anymore...so should go the cheque...

my bro-in-law was offered 2 camels for my sister when were in Egypt.

genuinely true story.

camels stink by the way... just thought i'd add that! not as much as old people stink, but very close.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    norm wrote:

my bro-in-law was offered 2 camels for my sister when were in Egypt.

genuinely true story.

camels stink by the way... just thought i'd add that! not as much as old people stink, but very close.

Your sis must be a good looking lass! 2 camels, eh? we aren't talking cigarettes, right?
    nope, proper camels with the humps n all...

another thing about old people is that they will always wear way too many clothes even if its boiling outside... then they'll complain about how hot they are... plus they get the seats closest to the driver on a bus... and then most likely complain that they have to walk miles to get their seat... they complain a lot don't they.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:

another thing about old people is that they will always wear way too many clothes even if its boiling outside... then they'll complain about how hot they are... plus they get the seats closest to the driver on a bus... and then most likely complain that they have to walk miles to get their seat... they complain a lot don't they.

I could use a sweater and some Preparation-H.
    dunkman wrote:

old people are fond of their hats right enough
    dunkman wrote:
    dunkman wrote:

This is true. It goes far beyond fondness. My hat is my friend.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    dunkman wrote:

are you bald?? cause bald heads are sexy. so ditch the hat.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    the title of this thread made me think it was about scammers or AARP or maybe something new about Soc.Security ~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

dunkman wrote:

are you bald?? cause bald heads are sexy. so ditch the hat.

I am not. Can I just like the friggin' hat already???
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

it suits you and makes you easy to find in a bar!!
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    pandora wrote:

It's like target in that way, people like myself could easly find you.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    pandora wrote:

Thats how I found him in May. (He says its the only day he deeply regrets wearing the hat).
    This weekend we rock Portland
    pandora wrote:

i wouldn't even look for him... i would use his lady friend's scent as my guide. ;)
    Poncier wrote:
    pandora wrote:

Thats how I found him in May. (He says its the only day he deeply regrets wearing the hat).

This is true. I banned it for 2 weeks after that.
    dunkman wrote:
    pandora wrote:

i wouldn't even look for him... i would use his lady friend's scent as my guide. ;)

You sir, are a menace.
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    the title of this thread made me think it was about scammers or AARP or maybe something new about Soc.Security ~

Every time I see this thread I feel compelled to open it because I think it's directed at me. :problem:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    is the thread title is in CAPS so that the old people can SEE it?
    dunkman wrote:
    is the thread title is in CAPS so that the old people can SEE it?

I thought CAPS means that it's louder.
    SENROCK wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

weird lighters...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! the new posts in here made me laugh sooo hard just now and I can bearly breathe! You guys are effin funny! Chad the dope dealer! :D
    i also miss green rotary phones for some reason,
    with the 6ft long curled up cord, all hooked to the kitchen wall.
    and the way home stereos used to to made, those huge dials and switches, needle meters all lit up,
    sometimes lots of wood on those things.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    chadwick wrote:
    SENROCK wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

weird lighters...

i also miss green rotary phones for some reason,
    with the 6ft long curled up cord, all hooked to the kitchen wall.
    and the way home stereos used to to made, those huge dials and switches, needle meters all lit up,
    sometimes lots of wood on those things.

How about the rotary phones with a really loud, clangy ring? I miss that. Not a fan of beeps and silly ringtones.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I went shopping with my 73 year old mum and brother recently.I got my shopping done first so waited for them at the supermarket entrance ... 20 minutes later they were still shopping.I hunted them down to say I'd wait in the car.

40 minutes later they arrived back at the car ... mum had ONE shopping bag with her ... 1 HOUR 10 MINUTES needed for ONE BAG OF SHOPPING ... WHY :cry: :wtf:
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
    How about the rotary phones with a really loud, clangy ring? I miss that. Not a fan of beeps and silly ringtones.

i liked those loud ringers placed on the side some houses, that was always weird and fun.
    a huge industrial bell. my neighbor had one. to bad i didn't ever call them all day long.
    that could have been a blast of sorts.

and i like old people who are mean or grumpy. (movie - grumpy old men... funny shit)
    i laugh either with them or at them.
    it is great.

"get off the lawn god dammit"
    funny shit, yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    We currently have families on holidays down here, everywhere you look, people wondering aimlessly, taking ages to choose things, drving down lanes they can't drive down, and breaking on every corner of roads they can drive down...
    ...however come September the families will be replaced with older peoples bus tours our coming with their caravans. Same issues as mentioned above, but twenty times slower.
    Get out of my way, I am on my lunch break, I just need to pop to the shop, I, unlike you, do not have all day!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii.