ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited August 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
and anyone else that pays for groceries with a check...a debit card works exactly like a check and takes 3/4ths of the time to checkout!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Old people suck at shopping.

I was behind some old women in a que and she was complaining because the king size chocolate bar that was on offer was too big and she wanted the smaller one for the same price !!!!!

WTF

Just eat half now and save the rest til later, give the rest to Agatha next door, give it to the dog, throw it away WHO CARES ITS FUCKIN' CHEAPER DICKHEAD. we're talking a 17p difference or some shit :twisted: :twisted:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Yeah, this old broad in front of my paid with a check the other day. It seriously took her 5 minutes from the time she got the total, found the checkbook in her giant old lady purse, wrote it out (nice and slow of course), gave it to the clerk, and got approved.

Ugh!

What also sucks is old people trying to figure out those self scanners!! :shock:
    Watching them trying to figure that out is truly entertaining! :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    edited July 2010
    i forgot to mention that while the checker was scanning her 2 items, she was writing her check...then he asks her for her discount card...yep, she had to write another check...then came the id check blah blah blah :roll:

oh yeah i forgot...this was the express, 15 items or less line :evil:
    Post edited by norm on
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Florida does not want you! Please, die somewhere else!

Grand Theft Auto Vice City
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    lol...yeah I love that. Some old people are really rude too. :P
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    My mom is guilty of this crime against humanity as she refuses to get a debit card. She comes here from Colorado a couple times a year and always wants the grocery store to cash a check for her. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I ask her why she won't get a debit card and she usually says something to the effect of "I like the checks so I can write down how much I spent." I say "You can do the same thing with the card, too, you know." And then she expresses some vague worry about the electronic money getting lost in the technology ether (my words, not hers). :lol:
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    An old cut me off while driving one day last week...She was on her cell phone..Cut me off and then proceeded to turn left through a red light into on coming traffic..Hopefully she was checking her bank account balance.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• libragirl wrote:
    lol...yeah I love that. Some old people are really rude too. :P

They're just bitter about that whole desegregation thing.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    ugh....one of my biggest annoyances in life. i think i'll stay far away from this thread.

i mean, seriously....??
    a checkbook?
    that's buried beneath 40 lb of hand lotion in your purse???

seriously?
    ugh....
    drives me crazy.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I have a debit card I'll have you know!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    I have a debit card I'll have you know!

you're not 65+

are you?? :P :lol:
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    My mom banks at a tiny little bank that seems to cater to old people. They don't even have ATMs or offer debit cards. :roll:

OTOH she at least pays for her groceries with her Discover card.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    today's society sucks..nobody carries cash anymore

charging a buck for a coffee...throw a few bills in your pocket
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

she bought 2 bottles of moet...total was 285 bucks...granny should be carrying that much cash :lol::lol:
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i carry cash.

people who get on the bus hoping to pay their $2 fare with a $50 note amuse me.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    shit pay with cash! it's faster than a debit...i'm down with that! :mrgreen:

and justin the assistant manager could have mentioned the discount card before giving her the total!! :x
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    norm wrote:
    shit pay with cash! it's faster than a debit...i'm down with that! :mrgreen:

and justin the assistant manager could have mentioned the discount card before giving her the total!! :x

sometimes things slip our minds even when we do them day in day out hundreds of times a day.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    norm wrote:

she bought 2 bottles of moet...total was 285 bucks...granny should be carrying that much cash :lol::lol:

you should have invited her over

p.s i just smoked cali medicinal :shock: .....so im fying away away
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Would you rather stand behind an old lady trying to remember her pin number? At least she'll never forget how to write a check.
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    at least you guys don't work at the post office...
    DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HEAR,
    "UGH... when I was your age, I could mail this letter for 2 cents"
    YAH WELL.
    when you were my age you could do a LOT of things for 2 cents. :roll:

other than that, i love the older people who come in.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I don't think there are any supermarkets here (UK) that still accept cheques ... we will make people advance :lol:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736

you should have invited her over

p.s i just smoked cali medicinal :shock: .....so im fying away
    away

what the......where the devil did you get that from??!! (besides Cali, smarty pants! :) )
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    This thread is effin awesome! Just reading the title, coming from norm it was bound to be a winner! I can't stop laughing just picturing all these scenarios haha
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE,
    thanks for having the patience the young have not found yet :mrgreen:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    pandora wrote:
    ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE,
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    and the people that wait until their order is rung up to start digging around for coins .....AARRGGHH !!!!
  • chime wrote:
    I don't think there are any supermarkets here (UK) that still accept cheques ... we will make people advance :lol:

Hold me.
    I knew it all along, see?
    pandora wrote:
    ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE,

hasn't a thing to do with patience...has to do with using antiquated forms of payment when there are clearly better, more efficient forms of payment...it's time people stop thinking there are the only ones in the world and think of their fellow man...me and the 5 people behind me shouldn't have had to wait that long when there was no need to...and it wasn't like this was some 87 year old who can barley see or anything...she was mid 60's, looked pretty healthy...no reason, other than she is stuck in her old ways, she couldn't have paid with a card
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    norm wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE,

hasn't a thing to do with patience...has to do with using antiquated forms of payment when there are clearly better, more efficient forms of payment...it's time people stop thinking there are the only ones in the world and think of their fellow man...me and the 5 people behind me shouldn't have had to wait that long when there was no need to...and it wasn't like this was some 87 year old who can barley see or anything...she was mid 60's, looked pretty healthy...no reason, other than she is stuck in her old ways, she couldn't have paid with a card
    be nice, normy.
    also, she'll need help with her groceries
    after the extended transaction of goods for the hand written fundage.
    :mrgreen:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • grungegirlgrungegirl Posts: 138
    norm wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    ATTENTION OLD PEOPLE,

Sounds to me like it does have to do with patience. I mean really....why do you care if she uses the most modern way to pay for her merchandise? Is it because you are concerned for her financial well being? You care because you don't want to wait around while she pays LOL.....and I feel ya, I tend to be impatient myself sometimes but then I just remind myself that it's really just two stinking minutes out of my day and probably those two minutes aren't going to be life altering anyway.......I mean what am I doing that isn't going to be there two minutes later? If I need those two minutes that bad then I should have gotten off my ass a little sooner to go to the store so I wouldn't be in that situation.