Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    happy saturday, everyone!

just wanted to let you all know that the new record is DONE!!! i just finished some final edits & we'll be submitting it for copyright in the next few days. Maura is once again hard at work on the artwork & i hope to get a preview when we head north to visit for Thanksgiving. we're both very happy with how this record turned out & we can't wait to share it with you all! here's the final tracklisting for LP#2 (we have a few titles in mind, but haven't made a final decision yet).

1. in a corner
    2. this is...
    3. abbreviated
    4. oh, my darling
    5. orwell's warning
    6. pieces apart
    7. defrost mode!
    8. grown
    9. on a wire
    10. hoping for a miracle
    11. reels fly by
    12. life can go
    13. not listening

also, you might want to let the cd play after the last track. just sayin'. ;) as always, thanks for your love, support & encouragement! we'll update the status of the record as it all unfolds.

cheers!

Matt & Chris
    (mfc2006 & 2-feign-reluctance)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    when this will be ready to buy it?
    a groopie..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Hi guys, great to see you've got another batch of songs ready and can't wait to get them stuck in my head. Pieces Apart sounds like a good album title to me given the distance apart from each other you guys are producing this great music together and I'm so glad your meet up in Austin went so well because it means you'll hopefully want to keep entertaining us. Good luck again.... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    when this will be ready to buy it?
    a groopie..

ha! not for a few months, my friend. but since the pre-order system worked so well with Here We Are, we'll be doing it again! we have to wait for Maura to finish the artwork, then do the online submission, then send them off to be manufactured. we're also talking about (possibly) having a 45 pressed with a non-album bside!
    veddertown wrote:
    Hi guys, great to see you've got another batch of songs ready and can't wait to get them stuck in my head. Pieces Apart sounds like a good album title to me given the distance apart from each other you guys are producing this great music together and I'm so glad your meet up in Austin went so well because it means you'll hopefully want to keep entertaining us. Good luck again.... :D

thanks! yeah, we had a blast in Austin & really wished we lived closer. we don't see this ending anytime soon at all, which means that you guys are stuck with hearing our music! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    new songs are coming. i'm starting to mix a new one called "brings me warmth" tonight. matt and i hope to have that out to you all this week.

new blog put up with a picture of matt and i jamming in austin. www.leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com
    www.cluthelee.com
    ok diy time ... :evil:

but ive just stuck your cd in and pressed play to help get thought the hardship of painting skirting :D

Good record to do art to :D8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
    100_1210-1.jpg

100_1207-1.jpg

some Austin pictures.....
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    new Cluthe/Lee song "Brings Me Warmth" is set to be released today or tomorrow.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

:thumbup:

Looking forward to the next record!
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    dcfaithful wrote:

:thumbup:

Looking forward to the next record!
    Yeah me too guys, Setting Sun is one of my favourite songs this year as are Faster Than You Know, Midnight and Circle. :D

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    mfc2006 wrote:
    happy saturday, everyone!

just wanted to let you all know that the new record is DONE!!! i just finished some final edits & we'll be submitting it for copyright in the next few days. Maura is once again hard at work on the artwork & i hope to get a preview when we head north to visit for Thanksgiving. we're both very happy with how this record turned out & we can't wait to share it with you all! here's the final tracklisting for LP#2 (we have a few titles in mind, but haven't made a final decision yet).

1. in a corner
    2. this is...
    3. abbreviated
    4. oh, my darling
    5. orwell's warning
    6. pieces apart
    7. defrost mode!
    8. grown
    9. on a wire
    10. hoping for a miracle
    11. reels fly by
    12. life can go
    13. not listening

also, you might want to let the cd play after the last track. just sayin'. ;) as always, thanks for your love, support & encouragement! we'll update the status of the record as it all unfolds.

cheers!

Matt & Chris
    (mfc2006 & 2-feign-reluctance)

Missed this - hurrah :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    thanks everyone!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I forgot about this. Can I still get a copy of the first record?? when I press more of my cd, I'll send you both a copy.
    Hey all

The pre-sale is nearly over. Only a day left to get a copy of our debut record "Here We Are." Instructions for ordering are below. Thanks again for the overwhelming responses, compliments and support! Much love to our fellow jammers world wide :D

Hello friends, family & fans!

Matt and I are excited to announce that on Monday August 2, 2010 we will begin taking pre-orders for a physical CD copy of our debut album “Here We Are.” The cost will be $10 for a CD and we are looking at taking pre-orders for 2-3 weeks from August 2, 2010. If this date changes or time frame changes, we'll let you know immediately! The CD’s will be pressed in a limited run, so here’s how to snag your very own copy….

1. Click on this link to get to the PayPal page: https://personal.paypal.com/cgi-bin/mar ... &nav=0.2.0

2. Type in <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> into the “to” box

3. Type in your e-mail address into the “from” box

4. Enter $10 and make sure the currency matches where you live (USD for if you live in the United States for example).

5. Under “Purchase” make sure “Goods” is selected and under “Personal” make sure “Gift” is selected.

6. Continue and make yourself a password for PayPal and enter in your payment method.

7. IMPORTANT: There is an option to leave us a message before confirming your payment, please leave your mailing address so we can ship it to you! If you forget to add your address, just e-mail it to us!

8. Congrats! You have purchased our debut album!!

Once you submit payment and your address to us, you will get a confirmation from PayPal of what you paid. This is your receipt if you will showing purchase. After the pre-orders are gathered up and confirmed paid in full, we will begin shipping CDs to you over the next 1-3 weeks. Feel free to contact Matt and I if you have any questions and we’ll be happy to step you through the process. You can e-mail us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks everybody for your support!! We really do appreciate every one of you!

Chris & Matt

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    http://www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling
    http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/
    http://www.twitter.com/clutheleemusic
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ClutheLee
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Hey Paul---
    You sure can! We only have a few copies left. Just follow the directions that you quoted & we'll ship one your way. If you have any questions, just shoot me a pm or email us here: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • done. can't wait to get it! thanks matt!
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Hey Paul---
    You sure can! We only have a few copies left. Just follow the directions that you quoted & we'll ship one your way. If you have any questions, just shoot me a pm or email us here: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Thanks!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Thanks again, Paul! I'll send a copy your way tomorrow & it should arrive by Tues/Wed!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Thanks for the continued comments and support you all! Should have two new songs put out today over on our music pages.

Brings Me Warmth and Walking Dead
    www.cluthelee.com
    New release Friday!

Happy November everybody!

Chris here, writing from the chilly mid-west to say that two brand new Cluthe/Lee songs have been posted! November is going to be a busy month with new tunes. We plan on releasing a couple more next Friday and possibly 2 more the Friday after that! We've got quite a backlog of songs that we're working through and have decided not to write any new one's until these songs get out to you all.

Brings Me Warmth was written back in August and is another "open D" composition of mine. I seem to favor that tuning for some reason (see "A Harmless Song", "In A Corner"'). I don't know. Just something about the strange-ness of that tuning that appeals to me. I had this song worked up with drums and acoustic guitar and Matt came in and added some amazing guitar work/vocals pretty quickly.

Walking Dead is a very creepy sounding song that was written the week of Halloween. Over our ACL trip Matt gave me a bunch of The Black Keys records to listen to and all October I was hooked. I tried writing a simple little blues tune. Took a very simple approach recording just one guitar track and drums. Matt does the rest! He told me he was very inspired and swept up in all the spookiness of the week and somehow channeled that into his vocals/lyrics/guitar. Listen for the whammy dives he does on the song. The bass line Matt plays is FREAKING AWESOME. Get your headphones on kids and feel the bass!

Both of these tunes are quite different from one another which keeps to the spirit of the Cluthe/Lee method now over a year old! If you're wondering about the pic at the top, it's from the Field Museum in Chicago. I took it last year in late August feeling quite inspired and hyped up over the new musical relationship that had started. I still feel like it is a nice representation of what we've done. Maybe I'm getting too deep here? Ok, anyway! Ha! Quick update on our second record. We've decided to call it "Life Can Go" and will be submitting it for copyright this weekend! Whooo!! Not sure on the time table for digital/physical release, but stay tuned here for news and you'll be the first to know!

Brings Me Warmth (August 2010)
    Lee: (music) - Drums, 6 string acoustic
    Cluthe: (words) - Vocals, Fender Jazz Bass, Lead Guitar(s)

Walking Dead (October 2010)
    Lee: (music) - Drums, Epiphone Les Paul
    Cluthe: (words) - Vocals, Fender Jazz Bass, Lead Guitar(s)

Thanks all! We love you and stuff :)

Chris and Matt

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling
    www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/
    www.twitter.com/clutheleemusic
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/ClutheLee
    www.cluthelee.com
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Hey friends!

Matt and I just posted up 12 alternate version/demo/unreleased songs at www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

They are the first 12 songs from the top. Some of them are early versions of songs from our debut LP "Here We Are." Many of these are a year old, or nearing it and in most cases haven't been heard by Matt or I in that time! My favorite so far is the early version of Count Down.

I'll be posting up a blog in a little bit at www.leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com
    I'll share what I can remember about these little beauties that finally get to see the light of day, but only for a short while before they are put back in the vault, ha! :lol: I kid, I kid. We're definitely not cool enough to have a vault :lol:

Thanks for all of your support and listener-ship. Cheers mates!

Chris & Matt
    www.cluthelee.com
  • No better musicto listen to while drinking your coffee on a Sunday morming looking at the fall leaves...

Perfect November music
    GoiMTvP.gif
    No better musicto listen to while drinking your coffee on a Sunday morming looking at the fall leaves...

Perfect November music

thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Thanks a lot! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Thanks a lot! :D
    When the fan club starts I wanna be # XXX,XX1 :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif

You and Dimi are going to have to flip a coin! :D:lol: You guys crack me up. We're having a ton of fun doing this. It is cruelly unfair that we don't live closer to one another.
    www.cluthelee.com

You and Dimi are going to have to flip a coin! :D:lol: You guys crack me up. We're having a ton of fun doing this. It is cruelly unfair that we don't live closer to one another.
    Do I sense some competition here guys. Pick me! I'm your No.1 fan!! :twisted: Loving the demos guys and can't wait to hear how the next album sounds. Here We Are has become very familiar with the missus and kids too and it's cool to hear the songs being hummed or sung along to... :D

Thanks you guys! Wow!
    www.cluthelee.com
    hi everyone...
    just wanted to give you a quick update before we leave town for Turkey Day. we have 2 songs (London Dream & Red Lights) that are just about finished....Laurel recorded her vocals for London Dream last night & she really took the song to another level! we probably won't get around to recording her backing vocals for Red Lights until we get back. on top of that, we have about 2-3 songs that are nearing completion...

so, look for London Dream this week (i just need to mix it) and a flurry of new material next week! i hope you all have a great holiday!!

cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    hi everyone...
    just wanted to give you a quick update before we leave town for Turkey Day. we have 2 songs (London Dream & Red Lights) that are just about finished....Laurel recorded her vocals for London Dream last night & she really took the song to another level! we probably won't get around to recording her backing vocals for Red Lights until we get back. on top of that, we have about 2-3 songs that are nearing completion...

so, look for London Dream this week (i just need to mix it) and a flurry of new material next week! i hope you all have a great holiday!!

cheers,
    Matt
    :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :wave: