Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mfc2006 wrote:
    :

GIVE US MORE LAUREL!!!!

so,im not the only one on this :mrgreen:

:D she's flattered & says thanks!! i just told her about your comments. she's singing on 3 songs on the next record--On A Wire, Stay & Pieces Apart. you can hear On A Wire plus an interview with Chris & I on Donny's All That's Sacred podcast #60. here's the link: http://www.allthatssacred.net/

you can also hear all 3 of these songs + everything else that's new on our reverb page: http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

i'm just about to put on the headphones & continue mixing the next new song---Drop Of Rain. thanks for your constant support!!!
    predicament..maybe my favorite of the cd..
    Laurel voice is so warm..i love the parts u both sing
    i already told u.. ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    just wanted to make sure that everyone has received their cd. shoot either Chris or I a pm to let us know if you haven't already, please. or just post in this thread. thanks, everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 71step2871step28 Hamburg Posts: 2,249
    Hey Matt! I got mine yesterday :D:D The customs opened it, it took longer than usual.
    But I still had no chancce to listen to it (got no working CD player :( ) so I have to transfer it to my computer first to listen to it the right way and to enjoy it with peace around me. I hope I'll get the chance this weekend though I will be quite busy and on tour for several Birthdays. But Friday could it be, hopefully :D:D
    But just the artwork alone looks great, very professional in a positive way :thumbup:
    awesome! glad it arrived safely, Yvonne! enjoy! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    mfc2006 wrote:
    awesome! glad it arrived safely, Yvonne! enjoy! :D

Ditto. :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Mine has arrived!! Will play it asap.

Thank you.

:D
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    whens the world tour start :D

Pre-parties??
    Claireack wrote:

Pre-parties??

:D:lol: ....Matt and I (and families) get to meet for the first time next week in Austin. Maybe the world tour starts there?! :D We'll see!
    www.cluthelee.com
    Claireack wrote:

Pre-parties??

:D:lol: ....Matt and I (and families) get to meet for the first time next week in Austin. Maybe the world tour starts there?! :D We'll see!

man, a tour would be so much fun.... :o8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

awesome!!!and groupies like me will flash!!! :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    mfc2006 wrote:

awesome!!!and groupies like me will flash!!! :lol:

haha!!! it would be a lot of fun to head out and just play music. but i don't know if the 4 of us could put our lives on hold. like Chris said, Austin is our first step. i'm determined for us to play a set somewhere that weekend. any Austin folks have any ideas?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Got it today and gave it a spin. It was great and I can't wait for when the next one.
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    I was wandering around the supermarket getting some lunch for tomorrow at work and doing my usual mumbly singing that I do everywhere and realised what I was singing was Setting Sun! :) Such a cool album and when I have it on someone generally asks what I'm listening to and the response to it has been really good all round. :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    Wow! Such a nice thing to say!!

quote="veddertown"]I was wandering around the supermarket getting some lunch for tomorrow at work and doing my usual mumbly singing that I do everywhere and realised what I was singing was Setting Sun! :) Such a cool album and when I have it on someone generally asks what I'm listening to and the response to it has been really good all round. :D[/quote]
    www.cluthelee.com
    Thanks for that, veddertown & tvismyfriend!! Glad you guys are enjoying the album!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    new tune called "Drop Of Rain" will be posted online in the next day or two! hope you guys are enjoying Here We Are! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    "Drop Of Rain" has been posted! Listen here:
    www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

and here:
    www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling

thanks! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    "Drop Of Rain" has been posted! Listen here:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

and here:
    http://www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling

thanks! 8-)
    awesome!!!
  • inlet13inlet13 Posts: 1,979
    Good stuff! Congrats on the album guys!
    Here's a new demo called "in the fire":

<object height="81" width="100%"> <param name="movie" value="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt; <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param> <embed allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/28998869&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed> </object> <span><a href=" - In the Fire (demo)</a> by <a href="
    inlet13 wrote:

Thanks inlet! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
    inlet13 wrote:

thanks man---really like your stuff as well!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    hey everyone....

a little update for you all.....

-Chris & I are finally going to meet this weekend after writing/collaborating/recording for over a year! he & his wife are coming down to Austin & my wife & i are going to meet them & head to ACL tomorrow. we're both super excited to finally jam in the same room & just hang out. it's been a long time coming, that's for sure. we're going to try to play a quick set somewhere in town on Saturday. if we do, we'll try to spread the word here so any of you in Austin can come out. no matter what happens, we're looking forward to a fun weekend!

-the second record is just about ready to submit for copyright. there are 1-2 more songs that we need to edit, but after that, it's done! my sister, Maura is once again on board to do the artwork...which is awesome. you can listen to early edits of these songs here: www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling. just keep in mind, they aren't the "final" versions that will appear on the (still untitled) second album.

this album is different from Here We Are----it just has a different feel/vibe to it, but it still sounds like us. we can't wait to share it! here's the tracklisting for the second album:

Cluthe/Lee
    LP #2

1. In A Corner
    2. This Is...
    3. Abbreviated
    4. Oh, My Darling
    5. Orwell's Warning
    6. Pieces Apart
    7. Defrost Mode!
    8. Grown
    9. On A Wire
    10. Hoping For A Miracle
    11. Reels Fly By
    12. Life Can Go
    13. Don't Question
    14. Not Listening

we've also recorded a couple of b-sides for this record. we may try to get some vinyl singles pressed, or we may offer them up as free songs to those that buy the album. we still haven't figured that one out yet.

as always, THANK YOU for your continued support!!! it means a lot to both of us. also, be on the lookout for new songs to be coming out in the next week or 2. yup, lots of stuff going on!

cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Vinyl singles, I think I just got a partial.
    Hey all
    Had a fucking blast meeting Matt and his wife this weekend in Austin! Sitting in Austin airport a little hung over, mostly on good times, great music and LOTS of Shiner Bock!
    Also got to play music together for the very first time in the same room! Ripped a 90 minute set of something like 15 songs and a few covers thrown in there (Indifference, In Hiding, Corduroy). It was a surreal moment to finally meet. Don't even really know what else to say! We may have some audio-video to share from what we played, and some pictures too!
    Exhausted,
    Chris
    www.cluthelee.com
    Hey all
    Had a fucking blast meeting Matt and his wife this weekend in Austin! Sitting in Austin airport a little hung over, mostly on good times, great music and LOTS of Shiner Bock!
    Also got to play music together for the very first time in the same room! Ripped a 90 minute set of something like 15 songs and a few covers thrown in there (Indifference, In Hiding, Corduroy). It was a surreal moment to finally meet. Don't even really know what else to say! We may have some audio-video to share from what we played, and some pictures too!
    Exhausted,
    Chris

yup. it was AWESOME. lots of good food, good music & great company!!! looking forward to next years festival already!!! it's hard to believe that we'd never met after recording 70+ songs and collaborating for over a year!!!

so glad you guys made it down!! now it's time for a long nap. :geek:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Nice debut guys, playing it on my iPod - again! Can't wait to hear your next one :)
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
    pearljim wrote:
    Nice debut guys, playing it on my iPod - again! Can't wait to hear your next one :)

wow! thanks, man! we can't wait to release the next album....it's pretty fast-paced right from the start. thanks again!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Hey all
    Exhausted,
    Chris

yup. it was AWESOME. lots of good food, good music & great company!!! looking forward to next years festival already!!! it's hard to believe that we'd never met after recording 70+ songs and collaborating for over a year!!!

so glad you guys made it down!! now it's time for a long nap. :geek:

Shiner Bock = Great times.

:thumbup:

Keep up the great work guys. I for one can't wait for LP #2.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    lots of new tunes in the works....
    we hope to have a couple up & ready very soon.
    stay tuned!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com