Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    i got mine today in the uk......

no way am i going to comment first..lol

owwwwwwwwwww ok ill do a really fast first listen comments.its still spinning at the moment

sound in places a bit like three fish.which is never bad .

really like count down ..track 11.

i didnt think this cd was going to sound like this .thought it was going to be alot more heavy rock in style.so im pleasantly surprised.

silver lining is a nice song to open the album too. The whole cd has almost flown by with out me going hmmmmmmm at all..
    not that i can comment as i sing like a stuffed pig and cant play a note on any instruments.

that's it for this mini review and the cd as its just ended...wait im even going to go hit play again so its cant be bad at all..

will let you know which songs i like when ive had time to really listen to it without 3 boys asking for dinner and dinsey xd on in the background . :evil:

ps..i really like the cd cover and inserts makes it look like a really professional job done

Wow! :shock: This whole thing just continues to blow me away. Thanks for the kind words!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Have I completely missed out on getting this? Somehow managed to miss the thread.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    Claireack wrote:
    Have I completely missed out on getting this? Somehow managed to miss the thread.

just responded to your pm, Claire. :D

Wow! :shock: This whole thing just continues to blow me away. Thanks for the kind words!

you & me both, my friend...i'm floored everyday!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    mmm.im not gonna read anything till i got mine.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    chime wrote:
    Oooo so mine might be waiting for me when I get home from work if thrilla has his :D

no i stole yours along with your tv and pj collection . :P

:evil: next time I see you :twisted:

Anyway ... liar liar pants on fire it WAS waiting for me :mrgreen:

Guys don't think I'll get a chance to listen tonight but will report back once I've had a few listens :D

p.s. you guys put 10c's shipping times to shame ;)
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    chime wrote:
    p.s. you guys put 10c's shipping times to shame ;)

ha! thanks! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Hope mine arrives tomorrow then. Got time to give it a good listen too :D
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Mine arrived today :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I'll not have time to listen until the weekend but I am looking forward to it :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    Just so you know you have now been added to my iPhone 8-) ... although iTunes won't let me add the artwork :evil:
    you all are too kind, really. matt and i appreciate all the comments. :shifty:
    www.cluthelee.com
    chime wrote:
    Just so you know you have now been added to my iPhone 8-) ... although iTunes won't let me add the artwork :evil:

I think there's a jpeg if the cover in this thread. If not, I'll email you one!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    chime wrote:

I think there's a jpeg if the cover in this thread. If not, I'll email you one!

Thanks managed to get it to work now ... for some reason the first few times I tried iTunes wouldn't let me paste it in.
  • veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Had a second listen today this time through headphones and to be honest, Here We Are is better than many debuts I've heard and better than some established acts have managed ever. The production job is pretty good too and the whole effort for two guys who are still yet to meet is outstanding. Hats off to you guys again, I love it!! Hope you get your chance to busk a few (at Austin wasn't it?) and get noticed a bit more. Look forward to whatever you do next and hope this is just the beginning of some great experiences for you guys... :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • ok had 3 1/2 listens

my top 10..

1.the colour burns .. sounds like a neil young song to me.is he on backing vocals
    2.circle...really like the opening to this song and it carrys on thoughtout
    3.silver lining ...great openers nice feel from start to finish
    4.brace youself..from the starter to the finisher ..really cool like the end of it as well
    5.a harmless song ..far from harmless really good song nice lyrics..
    6.here we are
    7.presently falling
    8.countdown
    9.setting sun
    10.sundown.

my only bad comment it on a few song i find the vocals levels are low and a little hard to hear ..but it might be my shit cd player ..
    veddertown wrote:
    Had a second listen today this time through headphones and to be honest, Here We Are is better than many debuts I've heard and better than some established acts have managed ever. The production job is pretty good too and the whole effort for two guys who are still yet to meet is outstanding. Hats off to you guys again, I love it!! Hope you get your chance to busk a few (at Austin wasn't it?) and get noticed a bit more. Look forward to whatever you do next and hope this is just the beginning of some great experiences for you guys... :D

wow...thanks a lot, man!!!

my only bad comment it on a few song i find the vocals levels are low and a little hard to hear ..but it might be my shit cd player ..

no, it's not you. we were "learning as we went along" when it came to the mixing/mastering. all of my parts were recorded through my built-in mic on my MacBook, and sometimes the volume level suffered when trying to balance it out. now we both have mixers & can run direct lines into our computers, so it's a lot cleaner & easier to boost the volume if we need to. you'll hear a huge difference in the next record in terms of sound quality.

thanks for the comments! i wish we had Neil Young singing on this record!! that would be amazing!!!!

thanks to you both---and to everyone else for your constant support! keep those comments coming!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    dancing_banana.gif

yahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gif

got the cd!!!!!!signed and numbered!!!! number 1 muthafucka!!!!!

ok,i put the number myself :lol:

thanks Matt.,im putting now to listen and get back to u :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dancing_banana.gif

yahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gifyahoo1st.gif

got the cd!!!!!!signed and numbered!!!! number 1 muthafucka!!!!!

ok,i put the number myself :lol:

thanks Matt.,im putting now to listen and get back to u :D

you crack me up, man! :D hope you liked it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Thanks everybody!! Love the dancing banana too! Can't wait to share more with you all :D
    www.cluthelee.com
    I'm on last.fm so am working on bumping up your play count :P ...*waves to the other person on last.fm who is listening*... I tend to listen on my iPhone as I commute so don't really pay attention to song titles as my phone will be at the bottom of my bag :oops: ... but I've listened through a couple of times now and am liking what I hear :D
    chime wrote:
    I'm on last.fm so am working on bumping up your play count :P ...*waves to the other person on last.fm who is listening*... I tend to listen on my iPhone as I commute so don't really pay attention to song titles as my phone will be at the bottom of my bag :oops: ... but I've listened through a couple of times now and am liking what I hear :D

thanks a lot! ;) ididn't even realize that we were on last.fm! must've been a part of our digital distribution deal. in any case, glad you like what you hear!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    groupie groupie groupie
    Bananeyessss.gif
    cancan.gif
    mfc2006 wrote:
    chime wrote:

thanks a lot! ;) ididn't even realize that we were on last.fm! must've been a part of our digital distribution deal. in any case, glad you like what you hear!

Yep you're there :mrgreen: ... a little confusing as I'm not sure what to put in my iTunes to get the plays showing up properly as has the artist for the album as 'Cluthe/Lee' but then when it lists the tracks it has the artist as 'Cluthe & Lee' :?

Here you go ... 'Cluthe/Lee' ... http://www.last.fm/music/Cluthe%252FLee/Here+We+Are ... but then if you click on the artist listed next to the tracks ... 'Cluthe & Lee' ... http://www.last.fm/music/Cluthe%2B%2526%2BLee
    Hmm. That is weird. I had no clue we were on Last.fm either. Very cool either way!

While I'm here, I might as well post an update from our main music pages. New song released today (Sunday).

New release Sunday!
    Howdy partner's! Chris here writing to let you know about "Elevator Music" which has been officially released for you all to hear on our Myspace page and Reverbnation page.

This song was developed mid-August and was inspired in part by a Ryan Adams and The Cardinals tune I had been listening to. There was something that struck me about that song's structure that had me reaching for my guitar. Matt got a working track and had vocals on it quicker than normal. He tells me the lyrics were written awhile back and felt like they'd be perfect on this song. It's a mellow tune overall and I hope you guys and gals enjoy it! Don't forget to check out "Coming Through" and "His Voice" which were released earlier this month!

As of yesterday we are nearly finished with editing the track list for our second LP. Major progress has been made since the last update! The songs have been sent to our artist/designer to begin the process of developing artwork. Still untitled as of now, and quite different from "Here We Are" in many ways. The process of getting this next LP out will be a bit more paced I'm thinking. No time table for release has been set, but the wheels are in motion. For now we continue writing new songs all the time and have been enjoying the positive feedback on "Here We Are." We thank you all so very much for your kind words and improv album 'reviews' you've sent us. You all make this possible for Matt and I in so many ways and we cannot thank you enough! Matt and I will finally get to meet in about 3 weeks for Austin City Limits Festival. A long overdue meeting!

Stay tuned...

"Elevator Music"
    Cluthe: Words/Vocals, Guitar
    Lee: Music, Drums, Guitar, Bass, Piano, Mixing

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling
    www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/
    www.twitter.com/clutheleemusic
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/ClutheLee
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Got mine last night!
    Listened through all the way on my commute this morning (plus a couple of replays of a few tunes)

Really, really enjoyed it :thumbup:

The opening tune, Silver something (sorry cover in car) is terrific...

I want to go through it a couple of times more but I do have one comment:

GIVE US MORE LAUREL!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

She can sing!!!! The Predicament (I think that's the name) was AWESOME!! The next tune as well...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    :

GIVE US MORE LAUREL!!!!

so,im not the only one on this :mrgreen:
  • :

GIVE US MORE LAUREL!!!!

Nope, her harmonies were exquisite...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    :

GIVE US MORE LAUREL!!!!

:D she's flattered & says thanks!! i just told her about your comments. she's singing on 3 songs on the next record--On A Wire, Stay & Pieces Apart. you can hear On A Wire plus an interview with Chris & I on Donny's All That's Sacred podcast #60. here's the link: http://www.allthatssacred.net/

you can also hear all 3 of these songs + everything else that's new on our reverb page: www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

i'm just about to put on the headphones & continue mixing the next new song---Drop Of Rain. thanks for your constant support!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    You all should definitely give "Pieces Apart" a listen over on our Reverbnation page www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    It's haunting and beautiful. Only tune where Matt, Laurel and I are all harmonizing together. Great suggestion to check out ATS podcast where Donny had us both on there Matt. I am esp. fond of that podcast because he opens it up with "Sun Burn." One of my all time favorite Stone songs next to "Strangest Tribe." :)
    www.cluthelee.com
    your music kick ass!!!!i put to my sister today the cd and she was like wow!!!!!! and ask pj fans as well??
    i said yes..she said,,yeah i thought so..u dont know any other people?? :lol::lol:
    i said yes..my ex-girlfriends.. :lol: