Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Loulou wrote:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D8-)
    Wow, you guys just keep getting better and better hey? I started listening to Done and thought to myself, oooooooooo I like this one, like a little lullaby. Then when I listened to Eyes Open, thought that was even better. Well done guys, people at the pre-party are really in for a treat. Have a beer for me everyone! :( :D

thanks, Lorna!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Cheers : )
    Loulou wrote:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D8-)
    Wow, you guys just keep getting better and better hey? I started listening to Done and thought to myself, oooooooooo I like this one, like a little lullaby. Then when I listened to Eyes Open, thought that was even better. Well done guys, people at the pre-party are really in for a treat. Have a beer for me everyone! :( :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    EP/LP updates coming VERY soon!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    mfc2006 wrote:
    8-)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I really like the 3 new songs. It Spins is great.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    edited June 2011
    Hi everyone

Been awhile since I blogged one, so here we go! If you’ve been reading the past few blogs/updates, then you know things are starting to heat up in Cluthe/Lee music world. First off, our digital only EP called “Different Colors” is completed. We are in late stages of finishing the art and hope to have this EP posted online at digital retailers in the next 2 weeks tentatively. Thanks for staying patient with us on it! We’ve been talking about it for what seems like forever! The artwork for it hit some major snags, but have no fear, all will be ironed out and looking good in due time!

Secondly, I have been informed that rough drafts of the full album artwork for our second record “Life Can Go” will be sent later this week. The progress is coming along so well we’re already talking dates for taking pre-orders. We have a tentative CD pre-order date for Monday July 18, 2011. We will be taking pre-orders in the same way we did for our first record last year. The cost for a CD copy of “Life Can Go” will cost $12.00

Ok, onto the new songs which can be heard here….

http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

It Spins

(Cluthe) – words/music – Vocals, Fender Rhythm and Lead guitars, Jazz Bass

(Lee) – Drum Kit, Les Paul Lead Guitars

This is a monster song! Not one I’m accustomed to hearing from Matt. He said this song pushes his own musical limits and I have to agree. It’s got this real mellow trippy start and then just hits like a ton of bricks! The drums were the most difficult I’ve ever taken on. Like I’ve said in previous blogs, I am not a drummer! I went through about 20 + takes before I got something that worked. The last take I couldn’t contain my excitement and shouted out my best Conan “yeeeeeeeeeow!” Probably more of a sigh of relief! Ha! All told there were six guitar tracks, and something like 10 separate tracks to mix all together. Wow! Matt was originally penciled in to mix this since he wrote it, which is usually our rule of thumb. However, without warning he asked me to take it on! It was fun, but man oh man was I glad when it was all finished! I walked away with a bigger appreciation for all that goes into mixing & mastering songs.

I wrote the music for this song & I honestly have no idea where it came from. It sounds like something Chris would write (again, the influence!). I had this vision of 2 totally different guitar tracks/tones and I really didn't know how it would work. What I hear in my head rarely matches with the finished song. This song is definitely the exception to that rule. I took a stab at mixing this song, but I really thought that Chris could do a better job lining up all of the guitars/dynamics....and he did. Interesting storyline in the lyrics, I think. The last few lines sum it up..."It Spins....and we fall."

Shaky Situation

(Lee) – music – Fender Acoustic Guitar, Fender Precision Bass, Drum Kit, Shaker, Backing vocals

(Cluthe) words – Vocals, Fender Slide Guitar

Oh man am I excited by this song!! Written in December 2010 along with a batch of tunes in open G, and songs “Breakout” and “Recollection.” Had forgotten all about it until around mid-April 2011. The drum kit was a last second addition and a welcome one I think. The bass line has to be one of the most fun I’ve played in a long time and I think gives the song some pep! Matt plays some killer slide guitar on this. I’ve always admired Matt’s bluesy approach to music, and his leads and solo’s here just slice right through the song! I could see us playing this one live for sure….

Man, I love that acoustic riff that Chris wrote. It flows so well throughout the song. I had some fun with the slide on this one, that's for sure. If memory serves, this song came together very quickly & the mix came together even faster. As soon as I heard the demo, the vocal melody & lyrics came out...which is rare for me! Excellent drumming on this song....hard to believe that he's just recently started playing again. I really enjoy these songs where everything is in place....then I can just pick my spots & have some fun.

Black Burned Truth

(Lee) – music – Fender Acoustic Guitar(s), Les Paul Electric Rhythm and Lead Guitar(s), Drum Kit

(Cluthe) – words – Lead and Backing Vocals, Fender Rhythm Guitar and Lead Guitar(s), Jazz Bass

Looking at these last 3 songs there’s a nice balance represented in our writing/playing. This song is another monster song, with 4-5 guitar parts going from each of us. I had the main guitar parts written in early June 2011 and had a full set of lyrics and title for it. Matt was cool enough to use the title and incorporate it into the song. I write a lot of lyrics, however am not at a stage where I’m confident enough to share them yet…maybe someday down the line. This song has a very dark tone to it and reminds me a lot of older songs like “Red Lights” and last fall’s period of writing. I was working on challenging myself with some different tempos on the drum kit and think it turned out pretty good on this song. Matt’s vocals are soulful and dark; very fitting to the song. His lead work is beautiful and the guitar and bass work he did really brings out that full texture and atmosphere you hear.

Chris wrote the music for this quite a few months ago & I was very happy when he decided to share it so we could develop it further. I had a lot of fun recording my parts for this song & I think it really shows how we've influenced each other over time. He's helped me to realize that it's ok to take risks & step outside of my comfort zone. Love his solo at the end of this song....once of my favorite solos he's done thus far.
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • got em! thanks guys! I'll be listening to these on my way to Minneapolis to see Ed this weekend!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    got em! thanks guys! I'll be listening to these on my way to Minneapolis to see Ed this weekend!

awesome! hope you like them! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    hey everyone....
    hope you're enjoying the new songs! thanks for the constant support....it means a lot to both of us. the EP should be released soon...and the pre-order for Life Can Go is just around the corner!! :shock:

happy thursday!
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    :o :shock: :roll: Now how did this thread slip past me???
    I will take full advantage of the free downloads tomorrow when I have more time!!! Awesome freebie, thanks guys. Can't wait fot the pre-sale!!!!!!
    CLUTHE/LEE AT PJ20!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    :o :shock: :roll: Now how did this thread slip past me???
    I will take full advantage of the free downloads tomorrow when I have more time!!! Awesome freebie, thanks guys. Can't wait fot the pre-sale!!!!!!
    CLUTHE/LEE AT PJ20!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D

just sent ya a pm, Lorna!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    :wtf: :wtf: :shock: :shock: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Wow, guys, woooow! I just finished listening to Done and Black Burned Truth. Really enjoying these tunes and I'm not bullshitting. You guys should sooooo be up on one of those stages at PJ20. I feel really guilty for getting to listen to these songs and not paying for them. Will definately be getting your album at presale, anyone who hasn't checked Cluthe/Lee out yet you are missing out! :D:D:D:D
    Good luck to Matt and Chris at the PJ20 pre-party and for hopefully for PJ20!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Thought there was a violin in one of your tunes. My Itunes player thingamee started playing all of your songs and I could have sworn I heard a violin in one of your tracks! But now I can't find it! :lol::lol::lol::lol: It's okay, must have been on drugs! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    thanks, Lorna! hope you enjoy the other tunes as well! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Certainly did!!!!!! thanks Matt thanks Chris! Awesome music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    mfc2006 wrote:
    thanks, Lorna! hope you enjoy the other tunes as well! :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    awesome!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    Happy 4th, everyone!!! Just a reminder that the pre-order for our 2nd album, LIFE CAN GO, will start 2 weeks from today on 7/18/2011. Ordering details coming soon!!

Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Happy 4th, everyone!!! Just a reminder that the pre-order for our 2nd album, LIFE CAN GO, will start 2 weeks from today on 7/18/2011. Ordering details coming soon!!

Matt & Chris

we've also seen the rough drafts of the artwork (once again, done by my very amazing & talented sister, Maura) and all we have to say is wow :shock: . she sent us 3 different takes on the artwork for Life Can Go and now we just need to pick one so she can finish it. they're all great....tough decision ahead! stay tuned..
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    No kidding. This is gonna be tough. All the drafts look amazing, the concepts all fitting in some way.
    www.cluthelee.com
    cant wait!!!! :)
    hey everyone...
    Maura Cluthe (my supercool sister) is once again doing the artwork for us and she sent us 3 rough drafts. Yesterday, Chris & I picked the album art. We can't wait to see what it'll look like once she's finished. Also, Life Can Go will include the lyrics....the ore-sale begins on 7/18! :D thanks for your love & support!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    saw second draft of artwork for Life Can Go last night. it's looking brilliant you guys! we are so lucky to have such a talented artist working with us on the art!

just a friendly reminder that the pre-sale for Life Can Go starts Monday July 18, 2011 ! :D

much love to you guys.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Whoa! The pre-sale snuck up on me!! :D

Chris & I will be talking tomorrow to iron out the details....more info soon!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

Chris & I will be talking tomorrow to iron out the details....more info soon!! :D

We will? :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

i don't know? just seemed like the right thing to say!!! :lol::lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    ordered the new cd..as always signed and number 1 to me.. :D
    mfc2006 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol: