Options

Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Paul David wrote:

wow. :shock: that would be amazing!! Ed...if you're out there...you have my permission to play it anytime! :D
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    I posted a new "old" unreleased instrumental I recorded back in 2009, but re-recorded last summer. For all my angry friends on the Porch. :x

www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

Search for "It Might Get Loud Song" at the very bottom of the list.

Chris-
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Thanks Chris! Good stuff! :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    hey everyone---

it's been a busy week here in Waco. not only have i started mixing one of our new songs, but i've also recorded two more. chris is a little under the weather right now, but will start recording his tracks for these songs once he starts feeling better. also, just wanted to let you know that we haven't forgotten about that "news" that we wanted to share....just ironing out the details & hope we can share more next week.

have a great weekend,
    Matt

listen here: www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    also, if you want to follow us on Facebook, just search for Cluthe/Lee Music & "like" us. see ya!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    feels good to piss off the neighbors again! :lol: just recorded some vocals for a new song & they started knocking on the wall towards the end of the song. i don't piss & moan when they play their loud crap. time to go have a talk with them....i mean, it's 2:30pm here on a Sunday. i never record late at night....they need to RELAX. oh well. happy Sunday to all.....!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    I posted a new "old" unreleased instrumental I recorded back in 2009, but re-recorded last summer. For all my angry friends on the Porch. :x

http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

Search for "It Might Get Loud Song" at the very bottom of the list.

Chris-
    :clap::clap::clap:
  • Options
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    lots of exciting new songs coming soon.....
    just wrapped up the mixing of a new song called "Hard To Swallow"....

btw.....look at our blog link for EP news 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Sounds exciting guys!!! Can't wait to hear them! 8-)8-)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    excuse my language......

but i can not fucking wait to share these songs!!!!!!!!! love them more every single time i hear them....so, be on the lookout for these tunes:

-State Of Flux
    -Time To Rest
    -Once More
    -Hold Me Down
    -Hard To Swallow

hope you guys enjoy them as much as we do.

happy weekend!!!
    Matt/Chris
    Cluthe/Lee
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    :clap::clap: :thumbup:

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    2 new songs coming on Wed or Thursday....

cheers,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hey everyone----

Matt here. just wanted to let you know that Chris & I have wrapped up 4 new songs and we've posted the first two today! they are streaming right now on our pages here:
    www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling

the other new songs will be posted early next week....so stay tuned. here are our thoughts on these new songs:

State of Flux
    (CHRIS) The last of a large group of songs written in winter 2010/2011. I wanted to develop this out to sound upbeat and jumpy. The song caught fire once I came up with the accompanying guitar part you hear in the right speaker. I'm always trying to find some element that takes ordinary chords or music to a level worth working on. Once the guitars where in place I felt it was time to send over to Matt. His initial feedback was positive & away he went. He took lead guitar duties on the song and continues to write these stand out leads in a lot of our songs. I think the bass line was something he really liked.

(MATT) This song was a lot of fun to work on. It had a great groove right from the beginning & I was really excited to try something new vocally. Chris said that it's our "poppiest" song yet, and he may be right. The bass line is one of my favorites that he's come up with thus far & it really pushes the tempo of the song. The solo was tricky & it took me a long time to nail down the take that you hear!

Hold Me Down
    (CHRIS) Matt had a very cool slide riff going (there's a video of it on our Facebook page). I had an old drum track that I thought might fit the song. Matt had to re-arrange some things, but sent back this monster sounding song. He had some struggles finding a fitting bass sound if I recall. I also think he had told me that he'd ended up pissing off the neighbors whilst recording the vocals for this one. Good stuff!!

(MATT) The working title for this song was "Blues Slide Stomperooni." Yup. Silly name, fun song. For some reason, I've been keeping on of my acoustics tuned to Open D for a long time. One day, I picked it up & grabbed the slide. Within 24 hours, the core of the song was done. I had an absolute blast recording all of my parts on this song. The bass was challenging, but once I stepped away for a bit it fell into place. Chris' lead lines throughout the song are simply awesome. These 2 songs are so different....they sound like an entirely different band, in my opinion.

So there you have it! New stuff is in the works as I type this. Looking forward to spending some time in the studio this afternoon! Stay tuned for the other two new songs (Hard To Swallow & Once More) early next week!

thanks for listening/reading/supporting,

Matt/Chris
    Cluthe/Lee
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    bravo.gif
    Really nice guys! I have really liked all your tunes so far but these sound a little different, I loved it! Especially State of Flux, definately my fav so far. So when is the next album coming out??? Keep me in loop! :D Thanks so much for sharing all you music with us, it's great! :D:D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    :clap::clap::clap:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Thanks you guys!! This collection of tunes are diverse as always. Talked with Matt for about an hour today & we both think SOF & HMD will end up on LP#3.
    Life Can Go, our second LP is done. Artwork still in development but will have news to share soon. About to take a much deserved 2 week vacation, so I'd expect more news in May. Thanks for the kind words guys! We love sharing this with you all : )
    Chris
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    happy monday, everyone!

chris & his wife are enjoying a much deserved vacation....and we're jealous! anyway, we'll still have a lot going on while he's gone. there are 2 new songs (Hold Me Down/State Of Flux) at the top of our reverb page right now and i'll be posting 2 more new songs (Hard To Swallow/Once More) later on this week. after that, look for some previously unreleased demos to surface. like Chris said, Life Can Go is coming....and it's out hope to start the pre-order in the next 1-2 months.

now for some exciting news......

in the meantime, we are going to be offering a digital-only EP through iTunes, Amazon & other digital retailers. we haven't finalized all of the details yet, but i can tell you that it will consist of 5-6 songs. 3-4 of them will be bsides from our Life Can Go sessions and the remaining songs will be newly recorded alternate takes of 2 songs that have already appeared on our albums. i mean alternate in every sense of the word....they have been rearranged, re-recorded & re-developed. we're really excited to share them with everyone.

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    mfc2006 wrote:
    happy monday, everyone!

chris & his wife are enjoying a much deserved vacation....and we're jealous! anyway, we'll still have a lot going on while he's gone. there are 2 new songs (Hold Me Down/State Of Flux) at the top of our reverb page right now and i'll be posting 2 more new songs (Hard To Swallow/Once More) later on this week. after that, look for some previously unreleased demos to surface. like Chris said, Life Can Go is coming....and it's out hope to start the pre-order in the next 1-2 months.

now for some exciting news......

in the meantime, we are going to be offering a digital-only EP through iTunes, Amazon & other digital retailers. we haven't finalized all of the details yet, but i can tell you that it will consist of 5-6 songs. 3-4 of them will be bsides from our Life Can Go sessions and the remaining songs will be newly recorded alternate takes of 2 songs that have already appeared on our albums. i mean alternate in every sense of the word....they have been rearranged, re-recorded & re-developed. we're really excited to share them with everyone.

Matt
    Very Exciting!!!! Still the only CD in my car that does not get rotated :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Very Exciting!!!! Still the only CD in my car that does not get rotated :lol:

wow! :shock: thanks, Adam!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Greetings, everyone!!

Two NEW songs (Once More/Hard To Swallow) will be posted later today! More info about these songs once I've posted them!

-Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Matt here. Chris & I are really excited to post two more new songs called Once More & Hard To Swallow. You can listen to them on our reverb page here: www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling.

thanks for your support!
    Matt

-ONCE MORE-

(Chris) This song dropped out of the sky one night during the work week. I rarely work on music during the week because of work, but there was something different about this one. I think all the parts were finished in a day? A lot of excitement around how quickly it all came together. Talk of completing each others musical thoughts quicker and quicker the longer we write together. Matt plays everything on here, except the drums. Pretty amazing melody and guitar work.

(Matt) Chris is right.....this one came together very quickly. I had been playing a lot in Open D tuning, and this song is a direct result of that. When I'd finished my parts, Chris said that he was going to add drums only. I was a little surprised by this, but he told me to trust my instincts & that all of the parts were solid enough to make the final recording.

-HARD TO SWALLOW-

(Chris) This one quickly followed "Once More" in the same week. I love the guitar intro on this one. Like a bulk of our songs, this one has the "building steam" formula on it. It has a great apex towards the end where all the elements are at once. Matt was worried that all his vocal tracks would make the song too trippy. I think they're awesome and more experimental than what we have done.

(Matt) To be honest, I have no idea how this song came about. I had a basic chord progression...next thing I knew I was adding some leads...then came the vocals. The vocal layering was an experiment at first...somehow, they stuck around! My favorite part of this song is the bridge where Chris just launches into one of my favorite solos that he's ever done. His drumming is also amazing on this tune. Like the two that we posted last week, there's a very good chance that this song will end up on LP #3.

*just an FYI---reverb is acting up today, so i can't move these new songs to the top of our playlist. click the tab that says "see all 82 songs" & scroll to the bottom. i'll try to fix this asap. thanks!*
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    shameless Thursday bump! we're excited to see what you all think of the 4 new tunes, so....don't be shy! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Any thoughts on the new tunes? :D

This week will be a busy one in the studio...stay tuned!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OH shit! How did I miss these???? Sorry guys. Will have a big listen to these this arvo and give you fellas some feedback!
    doh.jpg

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    Loulou wrote:
    OH shit! How did I miss these???? Sorry guys. Will have a big listen to these this arvo and give you fellas some feedback!
    doh.jpg

:evil:

just kidding. thanks for listening, Lorna. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ApplausePeople.gif
    Just finished listening to them both then! I thought I wouldn't have time but little is still sleeping. Really nice, I like that middle bit in Once More (sorry not good with music lingo) think they call it a bridge??? Anyway, I really liked that but Hard to Swallow was my fav out of the 2, wasn't hard to swallow at all! ;) Thanks so much again for sharing this with us, very cool! 8-)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    thanks, Lorna!

time to step into the studio & record a song called "Gaze Up."
    more news is coming soon, I promise.
    -Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Screenshot2011-05-01at11445PM.png

here's a little tidbit of news....
    my brother-in-law is designing a website for us! the goal is to streamline everything (audio, video, blog, twitter feed, lyrics, etc) into one site, instead of having multiple pages.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Screenshot2011-05-01at11445PM.png

here's a little tidbit of news....
    my brother-in-law is designing a website for us! the goal is to streamline everything (audio, video, blog, twitter feed, lyrics, etc) into one site, instead of having multiple pages.
    :clap: