Cluthe/Lee - a band born on these boards!

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Just posted a little ditty called "F5 Refresh Blues" over at www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling

Not a knock or dig at anybody, just having some fun and venting. :lol: I made this up with very little thought, so be nice :lol::lol:

Chris-
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Love it!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    CLUTHE/LEE UPDATE:

-Digital EP will be released soon (info coming soon....)
    -Our 2nd album, Life Can Go, is getting there. Maura is working hard on the artwork & we're starting to plan the pre-sale
    -We're already starting to track the 3rd album....
    -Possible shows in Columbia, Austin, Dallas & .... Wisconsin??? (parking lot, baby!! :D )
    -Working on finishing about 5-6 new songs right now

Stay tuned, everyone....
    Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    it's been a good day in the Waco studio. i did some recording, some mixing & some writing. i'm truly a lucky guy to be working with Chris. he's incredibly talented & every new song idea brings a new challenge. example.....there's a song he wrote & recorded back in December and it's just been sitting there collecting dust because we were so busy working on other songs. well, that changed today & i'm really excited about releasing it. lots of new songs will be coming soon.....

thanks for listening/reading/supporting,

matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    :thumbup: :wave:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    :thumbup: :wave:

:wave: howdy
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    mfc2006 wrote:
    CLUTHE/LEE UPDATE:

-Digital EP will be released soon (info coming soon....)
    -Our 2nd album, Life Can Go, is getting there. Maura is working hard on the artwork & we're starting to plan the pre-sale
    -We're already starting to track the 3rd album....
    -Possible shows in Columbia, Austin, Dallas & .... Wisconsin??? (parking lot, baby!! :D )
    -Working on finishing about 5-6 new songs right now

Stay tuned, everyone....
    Matt & Chris

Let me know when you know about the Dallas one and we will be sure to try and make it. That was a fun night last time.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    just finished mixing & mastering our latest tune called "Gaze Up." this song has had quite a journey....we'll post it in the next few days & keep working on the other tunes.

thanks for listening/reading/supporting,
    Matt

ps--Brian---we'll let you know about the Dallas show. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • VINYL???
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Dave Eh wrote:
    VINYL???

Yes, Matt and I are huge vinyl fans. 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
    Dave Eh wrote:
    VINYL???

Yes, Matt and I are huge vinyl fans. 8-)

and our wives love that about us! :lol:

to answer the question, we've looked into it...but it's so damn expensive! someday, perhaps...but not for the next record, unfortunately.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    two new songs (Gaze Up/Life Anew) will be released later this week! we'll let you all know as soon as they've been posted.

also, we're very happy & honored to announce that we will be playing at the PJ20 Wishlist Preparty on Friday, September 2nd!! more details will be coming soon. keep your eyes peeled on these threads for the latest updates:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=156394
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157417

see you in Wisconsin!!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    2 new songs coming later today/tonight!! will update this thread when we've posted them!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    new songs (Gaze Up/Life Anew) have been posted! here's our blog post about the songs....
    GAZE UP:

(Chris) Beautiful little number Matt sent during a very prolific writing session while I was away on vacation in April. This is the first song I worked on when I got back in May and what I remember from that session was feeling like my musical senses were all rusty after nearly 3 weeks of not playing anything. One of my favorite parts in here is the line “birds perched on a wire.” Matt says this song pre-dates the song “On A Wire” which was done last year I think. Another part I love is Matt’s leads he plays mid song. Makes me want to get a whammy bar for my guitar!

(Matt) This song had an interesting journey. It was written while Chris was away on vacation & I wasn't 100% certain that we'd ever finish it because I thought it was too long, to be honest. Once he got back & sent me his additions, it sounded totally different & I was adding parts up until the last minute. I'm really glad that we finished it!!

LIFE ANEW:

(Chris) I remember Matt being really excited about this song. It started off with a demo that I think had elements of what you hear on this final version? I had suggested he build a song around those particular elements and this is what he came back with! I had a lot of fun trying to figure out drums to this song, especially the break down mid-song. The two leads are something I’d not tried before, at least not all at once.

(Matt) Chris is right....a lot of those original elements are still present in this recording. I did another lead vocal take b/c neither one of us felt like the original take really fit the tone of the song. The bridge was an improv & we really made it work somehow!! Love his double solo....easily my favorite part of this song!!

NEWS!!!!!

Lots of exciting (album/EP/show) news coming very soon!!!! As always, thanks for your support!!!

Matt & Chris

PS--GAZE UP is a large file. We're going to have to edit it down before we can post it to our reverb page, but you can hear it on our myspace page here: http://www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling

blog: http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/
    other music page (main page): http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    (new songs) BUMP 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    meant to include this picture in the post yesterday...hope you guys are digging the new tunes!

photo1-2.jpg
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    Both new songs are awesome, but I especially like Gaze Up.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    Both new songs are awesome, but I especially like Gaze Up.

I like it too. Love Matt's deep accompanying vox on it.
    www.cluthelee.com
    Hi guys,
    Just wanted to say, love the new tunes. Gaze Up is lovely and dreamy, I listened to that one while I had my coffee and Life Anew was awesome too (my fav of the 2) got me up and doing my housework.
    I love music that takes you away and that's what your music does, tells a story. Love it guys, good stuff.

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    Hi guys,
    Just wanted to say, love the new tunes. Gaze Up is lovely and dreamy, I listened to that one while I had my coffee and Life Anew was awesome too (my fav of the 2) got me up and doing my housework.
    I love music that takes you away and
    that's what your music does, tells a story. Love it guys, good stuff.

Thanks a lot, Lorna!! :D

Our digital-only EP will be coming out soon & the preorder for our 2nd album, Life Can Go, will be starting later this month or very early next month!! Stay tuned, everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:
    Hi guys,
    I love music that takes you away and
    that's what your music does, tells a story. Love it guys, good stuff.

Thanks a lot, Lorna!! :D

Our digital-only EP will be coming out soon & the preorder for our 2nd album, Life Can Go, will be starting later this month or very early next month!! Stay tuned, everyone!
    :thumbup: :clap: Awesome!! Let's us know as soon as it comes out!

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    bump 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    hey guys....

lots of updates tonight.....
    -just wrapped up the first mixes on 2 new songs (Eyes Open/Done). they should be out next week!
    -we have about 6-7 other songs going right now...all in various stages of production.
    -our 2nd album, Life Can Go, will be coming out soon! the artwork will be completed in the next 2-3 weeks. once the artwork is finished, we'll start the CD pre-order. more info on that coming very soon.
    -our (digital-only) EP is just about done. just need to make some final adjustments on the artwork, then it'll be out and available through iTunes, Amazon & several other online music retailers. more info soon....
    -we're very proud to announce to announce that we've been asked to play the PJ20 Wishlist Pre-Party on Friday, September 2nd. lots of thanks to Laura & Jen for asking us to play......we're very excited to be a part of this awesome celebration. it's pretty crazy, to be honest!!! you can catch all of the details here: http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.ph ... t=Wishlist it's going to be a great night & we hope to see you all there!!!
    -i think that's it...for now. if you want to join our mailing list for the latest info, just email us here: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:presentlyfalling@gmail.com">presentlyfalling@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    -and the links.....not trying to bombard you all, but we like to post our links every once in awhile....

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:presentlyfalling@gmail.com">presentlyfalling@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> (email)
    http://www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling (myspace...has 10 most recent songs)
    http://www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling (main page...has most of our songs + bsides)
    http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/ (our blog)
    http://www.twitter.com/clutheleemusic (our twitter page)
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/ClutheLee ... 9719963329 (our Facebook page)

wow...that's a long post. :shock: thanks for your constant support....we can't say it enough. thanks.

Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Hope you have a great time at the pre-party fellas, I'm sure you will blow everyone away!!! Really happy for both of you. :D:D:D
    Count me in for the pre-sale! :D:D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Loulou wrote:
    Hope you have a great time at the pre-party fellas, I'm sure you will blow everyone away!!! Really happy for both of you. :D:D:D

thanks a lot, Lorna...wish you were coming to the preparty, but we'll see you on Saturday! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Loulou wrote:

thanks a lot, Lorna...wish you were coming to the preparty, but we'll see you on Saturday! :D
    Definately mate! See you there! :)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Happy Monday, everyone....

we'll be releasing two new songs (Done/Eyes Open) tomorrow. will update the thread with some links once they're posted on our sites. 8-)

cheers,
    Matt & Chris
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Done & Eyes Open have been posted! Hope you enjoy them & thanks for the constant support, everyone!

Matt & Chris

read about them here: http://leeandcluthemusic.blogspot.com/
    listen to them here: www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    sorry that our myspace page is acting up a bit....but all of the songs are on our reverbnation page.

thanks,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D8-)
    Wow, you guys just keep getting better and better hey? I started listening to Done and thought to myself, oooooooooo I like this one, like a little lullaby. Then when I listened to Eyes Open, thought that was even better. Well done guys, people at the pre-party are really in for a treat. Have a beer for me everyone! :( :D

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2