THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    game was lost when the coaches decided to run the ball 3 and out the entire 4th quarter ... if you don't even try for a first down - all you are doing is tiring your defense ... and that's what happened ... by the end of the game - defense had no gas ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:
    game was lost when the coaches decided to run the ball 3 and out the entire 4th quarter ... if you don't even try for a first down - all you are doing is tiring your defense ... and that's what happened ... by the end of the game - defense had no gas ...

did you watch the game?

if barber stays inbound on the 2nd down play, you run 40 seconds off the clock and denver gets teh ball back with less than 20 seconds....vs. the minute that they had.

then if you don't fumble it in OT, you have a shot at kicking a very makable FG.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

did you watch the game?

if barber stays inbound on the 2nd down play, you run 40 seconds off the clock and denver gets teh ball back with less than 20 seconds....vs. the minute that they had.

then if you don't fumble it in OT, you have a shot at kicking a very makable FG.

right. the play calls were correct. you don't want to put the ball in hanie's hands with the game on the line. he's way more likely to toss an incompletion and accomplish the same thing barber did running out of bounds (stopping the clock).
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:
    did you watch the game?

ya ... i watched it ... if the bears get like 1 first down in their last 3 possessions - it would have been a shutout ... prater would have been good inside 70 ... all they needed to do was get to midfield ... in 2 plays ... the way you guys played prevent there ... not a problem ... it should have never gotten to that point ...

you can't play to not lose ...
    right. the play calls were correct. you don't want to put the ball in hanie's hands with the game on the line. he's way more likely to toss an incompletion and accomplish the same thing barber did running out of bounds (stopping the clock).

totally disagree ... it's one thing to throw an INT when you are behind and need to force it ... it's another to throw one when you are up and TO's is an issue ...

by going 3 and out - all they did was tire their defense ... allowing tebow to hit wide open guys ...
    polaris_x wrote:

totally disagree ... it's one thing to throw an INT when you are behind and need to force it ... it's another to throw one when you are up and TO's is an issue ...

by going 3 and out - all they did was tire their defense ... allowing tebow to hit wide open guys ...

if the dummy rb didn't run out of bounds the broncos would have had the ball deep in their side of the field with less than 20 seconds left. that is what you want if you're a bears fan.
    www.myspace.com
    polaris_x wrote:

if the dummy rb didn't run out of bounds the broncos would have had the ball deep in their side of the field with less than 20 seconds left. that is what you want if you're a bears fan.

exactly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    if anything, you can blame martz for calling a run to the short side of the field, vs going up the gut, or to the wide side.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS Posts: 6,736
    ok i have calmed down a bit! are you kidding me??? really did that really happen. somebody please wake me up from this nightmare :x

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

81 wrote:
    if anything, you can blame martz for calling a run to the short side of the field, vs going up the gut, or to the wide side.

agreed.

and that strategy isn't playing not to lose. it's the field position battle at that point.
    www.myspace.com
    oh well...at least david is happy....now he can run around and say haine is 0-3 and they should start mcgowen
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    agreed.

and that strategy isn't playing not to lose. it's the field position battle at that point.

if chicago gets ONE first down in their last 3 possessions ... the game would have been over ... i'm not saying barber wasn't an idiot ... but the coaching was awful ... playing prevent with so many people covering deep to a guy with a weak arm!? ... and again ... prater's range at mile high is like 70 yds ... they didn't need a lot of distance to get them to that point ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    agreed.

if chicago gets ONE first down in their last 3 possessions ... the game would have been over ... i'm not saying barber wasn't an idiot ... but the coaching was awful ... playing prevent with so many people covering deep to a guy with a weak arm!? ... and again ... prater's range at mile high is like 70 yds ... they didn't need a lot of distance to get them to that point ...

if he didn't run out of bounds it would not have mattered that they didn't get a first down. denver would have been pinned deep near their own end zone with time for one or two plays. bears would have put their saftey's at the 40 to prevent any deep passes.

i liked their strategy. it just didn't work.
    www.myspace.com
    if he didn't run out of bounds it would not have mattered that they didn't get a first down. denver would have been pinned deep near their own end zone with time for one or two plays. bears would have put their saftey's at the 40 to prevent any deep passes.

i'm sorry ... if you are playing in the nfl and as coaches you can't drum up some plays to get 1 first down in the final part of the 4th quarter ... you deserve to lose ...
    polaris_x wrote:

i'm sorry ... if you are playing in the nfl and as coaches you can't drum up some plays to get 1 first down in the final part of the 4th quarter ... you deserve to lose ...

oh well. we're talking about a team that lost to the chiefs 10-3 last week. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    oh well. we're talking about a team that lost to the chiefs 10-3 last week. :lol:

:lol: ... yeah ... true!
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    oh well...at least david is happy....now he can run around and say haine is 0-3 and they should start mcgowen

im not happy that hanie sucks but i think sid luckmans corpse is a better qb than caleb hanie
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    polaris_x wrote:

Yeah all he to do was go down...game would have essentially been over...then he fumbles in OT to make matters worse...with the exception of 2 maybe 3 teams the nfc sucks.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 81 wrote:
    fuckin lost the game twice....how the fuck do you lose the game twice.

fuck

that has to be one of the worst loss's in the history of the bears.

Just got back from Denver...

What a fucking mess. Marion Barber has to be one of the dumbest football players in the NFL. Run out of bounds and fumble in key situations when that is the one thing he couldn't do. Fuck. Walking out of that stadium w/ everyone chanting 'Tebow, Tebow' was so painful. I wanted to die.

Other than that awful ending to the game, it was a good time. Denver is a pretty cool city.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    mca47 wrote:
    Bears 13
    Broncos 10

You pegged the score, just had the wrong team winning :lol:
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    i keep hearing that people were shocked at the bears loss...that it was the worst ever.

by the play calling in combo with player ineptness plus the tebow factor, i fully expected them to blow that 10 pt lead and ultimately lose the game.

stick a fork in hanie and da bears and bring on rip hamilton and da bulls already
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    i keep hearing that people were shocked at the bears loss...that it was the worst ever.

by the play calling in combo with player ineptness plus the tebow factor, i fully expected them to blow that 10 pt lead and ultimately lose the game.

stick a fork in hanie and da bears and bring on rip hamilton and da bulls already

If you don't think that was one of the worst Bears losses ever, you are kidding yourself.
    the game was over, the win was in hand....if Barber falls down inbounds on 2nd down, you basically run out the clock. game over.

you go to OT, you are down to the 25 or wherever the ball was...and fumble....well in Gould's range...knowing that Gould is one of the most accurate kickers of all time....game over.

game was over twice.

i don't think it was the worst ever, being it was a reg season game, but to lose a game twice....that hurts.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Davidtrios wrote:

If you don't think that was one of the worst Bears losses ever, you are kidding yourself.

it's a regular season loss without starting qb and possible allpro rb. a sicker loss was at atl a few yrs ago with that fucked up pooch kick and they marched to a last second fg. the denver game came at no surprise to me at all. i knew it. why? tebow.
    Davidtrios wrote:

it's a regular season loss without starting qb and possible allpro rb. a sicker loss was at atl a few yrs ago with that fucked up pooch kick and they marched to a last second fg. the denver game came at no surprise to me at all. i knew it. why? tebow.

you are a nut job of you don't think that was a painful lost. the game was friggen won twice.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

you are a nut job of you don't think that was a painful lost. the game was friggen won twice.

it wasnt painful bc i expected it. i prepared myself for that loss. plus, i was the only one here who predicted a loss vs the broncos.

stop with the nut job/crazy talk. youre the idiot who thought hanie s/b the qb. :lol:
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

The 2008 Atlanta game? As I recall, they were losing that game in the final minutes and Orton drove them down the field for what looked like a comeback victory only to have them cough up the game at the last second.

This game was well in hand and they pissed it away. Much worse.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Has to be one of the "worst" losses ever considering the way it happened..Tebow put a holy curse on mb3. God bless.

The bowl and loss to green bay last year were more heartbreaking under the circumstanes of the games..god bless.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I should point out that there's been a silent auction going on at my office all week for a pair of tickets to Sunday's game.

Bidding ends in a half hour. Current high bid is a whopping $170. Face price for the pair is $180.
  • 81 wrote:

Exactly. I don't care about all the Tebow bullshit or who was playing for the Bears or whatever. They had the game won twice and fucking blew it. Unreal.