THE 2013 CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I guess I have to say something about yesterdays debacle...
    Here it is..

After the PLAY, I was pissed. I got up from the couch and told Kathy I was going to take a nap. She didn't say a word. I went to sleep for a couple hours, woke up, and I was over it. Because there is one thing that I realize, especially the older I get.

These Million Dollar athletes, like that FUCKHEAD CONTE, go home after a loss, they pack their bags, they grab their wives, and they go vacation in the Caribbean for 3 months. They get over the loss in about 48 hours. Why the fuck should I let it bother me that the Bears lost?

I shouldn't.
    And I wont.
    Its over and done.
    Life goes on.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • mca47 wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:

But every Bears fan across the league was praising him like he was God when he picked that ball off in the endzone on the Packers first drive.

Honestly, no one in the NFC North really deserves to even be in the playoffs this year, but I am happy the Packers are in. Don't know how the San Fran game will go, but I doubt it will go well for us unless our defense finally shows up.
    The ball was thrown right to him. He didn't jump any routes, he don't do shit....he was in the right place at the right time.
    There was and has not ever been anyone who has ever said "Conte" and "God"....or even "good" in the same sentence.
    But I agree....the NFC North was a disaster this year.

Actually he did jump out. He was covering the inside guy. Rodgers had tractor beam set on the other receiver and he jumped in front. It was a nice pick and a terrible throw/decision.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    mca47 wrote:
    Jnich2424 wrote:

But every Bears fan across the league was praising him like he was God when he picked that ball off in the endzone on the Packers first drive.

Honestly, no one in the NFC North really deserves to even be in the playoffs this year, but I am happy the Packers are in. Don't know how the San Fran game will go, but I doubt it will go well for us unless our defense finally shows up.
    The ball was thrown right to him. He didn't jump any routes, he don't do shit....he was in the right place at the right time.
    There was and has not ever been anyone who has ever said "Conte" and "God"....or even "good" in the same sentence.
    But I agree....the NFC North was a disaster this year.

Actually he did jump out. He was covering the inside guy. Rodgers had tractor beam set on the other receiver and he jumped in front. It was a nice pick and a terrible throw/decision.
    Not what I saw. It was a bad throw, but he didn't do anything out of the norm. Any CB or safety in the league makes that play.
    I could have made that play....
  • Cutler gets a 7 year contract. Re-signed Jennings and Slauson too. Emery doesn't fuck around.
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    Cutler gets a 7 year contract. Re-signed Jennings and Slauson too. Emery doesn't fuck around.

I'm really shocked at the 7 year contract for Cutler. I figured they would sign him, but not for 7 freaking years.

i love the packers. :cry:
    I lost a bet...
  • 7 years for Cutler??
    7 FREAKING YEARS!!!!!!!!

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:
  • The years really aren't the biggest deal with how NFL contracts are structured. It's the guaranteed money and the yearly cap hits that matter. The numbers haven't come out yet...
  • The years really aren't the biggest deal with how NFL contracts are structured. It's the guaranteed money and the yearly cap hits that matter. The numbers haven't come out yet...
    Yeah I get that.
    Its just 7 years of looking at that face of his...That face that always looks like its sucking on a lemon..
    UGHHHH....

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The years really aren't the biggest deal with how NFL contracts are structured. It's the guaranteed money and the yearly cap hits that matter. The numbers haven't come out yet...

This.
    I'm more interested in finding out what's guaranteed than the bottom line.
    If they got him annually for what the top 5-10 QBs have signed, I'm ok with that.

7 years sounds bad, but 7 years also isn't guaranteed.

Slauson and Jennings were also good moves...as was Gould.

Now, it's time to prepare for the draft...which hopefully is all defense! :lol:
  • $50 million guaranteed.

:|
  • 7 years for $126M. $54M guaranteed.

That's about the going rate for a good starting QB in the NFL these days...I have no issue with the contract. It wouldn't have made sense to let Cutler go with how much the offense improved this year. That offense is just going to continue to get better.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Like the Lamarr Houston signing. The 2 safeties that they signed don't really do much for me. I'm guessing they will address safety in the draft as well.

Had to cut Peppers for the cap relief.....he had a nice 4 years here. Interesting to hear they were talking to Jared Allen although I'd imagine he will want a decent amount of money. Should be interesting to see what else Emery does here...

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Allen will most certainly want to get paid.

Word is the Seahawks are after him. If I'm in his shoes and all else being equal, that's where I go.
    Houston was a good signing for sure. There is no way the Bears can afford to pay for Allen. Annnnd he's getting old. I'd much rather see them go after some young talent in the draft.
    Sad to see Peppers go but it certainly wasn't a shocker. My guess is he has one...maybe two years left if he stays healthy. Going to be interesting to see what kind of money he lands.
    The safeties picked up don't do much for me either. My guess it was done to bring in vets to compete with whoever they get in the draft. Having some depth in that position would be nice too.
    mca47 said:

The safeties picked up don't do much for me either. My guess it was done to bring in vets to compete with whoever they get in the draft. Having some depth in that position would be nice too.

Yeah, I'd imagine they will use a high pick on a safety as well as a DT or DE.

I like this Willie Young signing from Detroit as well. Solid player for not a ton of money. Also picked up Domenik Hixon...I'm guessing he'll be replacing Hester as KR. Wouldn't be surprised if they release Bennett or Eric Weems now.

mca47 said:

I like this Willie Young signing from Detroit as well. Solid player for not a ton of money. Also picked up Domenik Hixon...I'm guessing he'll be replacing Hester as KR. Wouldn't be surprised if they release Bennett or Eric Weems now.
    Young was a solid pickup for sure. Depending on the draft, I'm not too sure if he'll actually start. That said, given the injuries we had last year on the dline, a solid backup is huge!! I don't know too much about Hixon. I know the name, just not any stats, etc. Is he a solid returner? I just assumed Weems would take over that role. He really has no other value. It would be sad to see Bennett go, but I'm also looking forward to seeing what that kid can do.
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Young was a solid pickup for sure. Depending on the draft, I'm not too sure if he'll actually start. That said, given the injuries we had last year on the dline, a solid backup is huge!! I don't know too much about Hixon. I know the name, just not any stats, etc. Is he a solid returner? I just assumed Weems would take over that role. He really has no other value. It would be sad to see Bennett go, but I'm also looking forward to seeing what that kid can do.
    Yep, not a bad thing to have some depth on the defensive line...especially after last year's debacle.

Hixon is a decent #3 or 4 WR. I'd be fine with letting Weems go...he's a decent special teams guy, but always seems to get stupid penalties on kickoffs and punts. Bennett's cap hit is somewhere around $2.5M which seems a bit high for someone like him who has been injured a lot the past couple seasons. Can't believe football is 6 months away.
    Peanut's back for another year.

Bravo!
    JTH said:

Peanut's back for another year.

Bravo!

Yeah, I was very happy when I read the news. Looks to be around $3.5. I'm fairly certain he could have gotten more than that elsewhere, and longer terms.
    Calvin Johnson is probably pissed that he has to see that guy twice again next year! hahahaha
    edited March 2014
    Oops. Posted that in the wrong thread...

But while we're at it, is there any way we can get the subject updated here?
    Post edited by JTH on
    Jared Allen! Bears just signed him to a 4 year deal...its all over Twitter. Love it.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,421
    They need to draft a couple of 350lb. slobs, that they can put in the middle of that defensive line, to stop the run.

Jared Allen will have his moments, and he will put pressure on the QB. But the Bears still need to find a way to stop the run.
    Where does this signing leave Shea McClellin?
    Hopefully selling cotton candy in the 400 section seats.

What a waste of a draft pick that clown was!

They're moving him to LB.

Mr. McClellin will be out of the league in a year or 2.

Mr. McClellin will be out of the league in a year or 2.

Wouldn't be surprised. He was a great LB in college...hopefully they can get something out of him at LB. He was never big or strong enough to play DE. He's a good athlete , but the Bears were using him all wrong.
    Looking back.

The Bears made McClellin a 1st round draft pick.

Based on his play the last 2 years, McClellin wasn't worthy of being a 4th round draft pick.

Looking back.

The Bears made McClellin a 1st round draft pick.

Based on his play the last 2 years, McClellin wasn't worthy of being a 4th round draft pick.

Yep, it was a definite reach to go with McClellin in the 1st round AND change his position in the NFL. Hopefully they can salvage something out of this pick and he will be a decent LB.

On a different note, I really love this Emery. This guy does not fuck around. Completely rebuilt the O-line before last season. Looks like he is doing the same with the D-line this offseason. And I am sure DT and safety will be addressed with the draft. Too bad the NFL season is still 6 months away!
    Yeah, Emery knows his shit. Allen was a damn good signing! Jeffery, Long, Mills. Everyone said those guys were a huge stretch....
    Looks like Emery see things a little different.
    With Allen signing, it looks like FA signings is over.

On the the draft!!!! :)