Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

The video game thread.

1919293949597»

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 14,609
    CROJAM95 said:
    Got the show 21 on Xbox series x Tuesday

1st time playing, it’s challenging for sure

is there a Season mode, where you just play every game? I dabbled a little(busy with work) 

will play some this weekend 
    I've never played it, but I assume that's what Franchise mode is. 

Another mode I'd recommend if you just want to play games against the computer is Conquest. It's in Dimond Dynasty,  You use your DD team to play 3-inning games, and try to take over a map and "earn fans." If you're gonna try it, I'd check out a youtube tutorial about how to go about playing the maps, because it can be tedious if you don't know that you don't have to play EVERY game. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,530
    Still haven't had a chance to play yet, but looking forward to playing it this weekend!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 6,777
    CROJAM95 said:
    Got the show 21 on Xbox series x Tuesday

1st time playing, it’s challenging for sure

is there a Season mode, where you just play every game? I dabbled a little(busy with work) 

will play some this weekend 
    I've never played it, but I assume that's what Franchise mode is. 

Another mode I'd recommend if you just want to play games against the computer is Conquest. It's in Dimond Dynasty,  You use your DD team to play 3-inning games, and try to take over a map and "earn fans." If you're gonna try it, I'd check out a youtube tutorial about how to go about playing the maps, because it can be tedious if you don't know that you don't have to play EVERY game. 
    Ok cool...ive been in the dark with Baseball games for a decade now. I tried RBI Baseball a few years ago, it was cheesy, for kids

Looking forward to diving into this one
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 10,884
    Diamond Dynasty has some cool modes for sure.  The card collecting thing can take you off the beaten path indefinitely, but its fun.

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 10,884
    MayDay10 said:
    Am I the only dipshit that likes The Show because they just play career mode and pretends to be a GM and plays the occasional game here and there?
    Have you ever tried OOTP>?
    I have not, definitely curious about it though. I like playing a game here and there because it's a great game - I like to download the latest OS full rosters and go from there. I used to play a lot more online and do the $25, $50 leagues but life is just too busy to make time for that anymore. And ohhhh god the stress.
    Its probably the most immersive sports GM game out there.  You dont play though, but you can manage your team or watch.  The animations are a bit crude for 2021, but for a purely sim game I think they are really good.  Lots of great youtube videos on it
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 519

Picked up Returnal for PS5 on Friday , played a few hours this weekend. Not sure if it is for me or not. I don't mind the difficult level but playing for 90 mins to die and lose everything and start over is getting a little old.

That said it does look amazing and the controls are really tight. I have never played a "rouge like" game before I should have googled that before I purchased maybe.

• Jason PJason P Posts: 18,801
    Matts3221 said:

Picked up Returnal for PS5 on Friday , played a few hours this weekend. Not sure if it is for me or not. I don't mind the difficult level but playing for 90 mins to die and lose everything and start over is getting a little old.

That said it does look amazing and the controls are really tight. I have never played a "rouge like" game before I should have googled that before I purchased maybe.

If I had a PS5, I would probably have bought this game.  But I'm kind of like you, a little iffy on this genre.  This is more suited for 14 year old Jason P. 

Dark Souls is the rare exception. 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,801
    The Show 21 servers are still a poop show.  There are two times in the day when I could possibly squeeze a game in ... early in mornings or late in evenings.  The servers crash in the evenings and they shut them down for server maintenance in the mornings. 

Uff da.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 12,847
    Been play Road to the Show here and there.  I'm not liking the new format.  I def prefer the old style.
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 519
    Jason P said:
    Matts3221 said:

If I had a PS5, I would probably have bought this game.  But I'm kind of like you, a little iffy on this genre.  This is more suited for 14 year old Jason P. 

Dark Souls is the rare exception. 

So still not sold on it yet but after hours I got an upgrade that I can actual keep for newer runs that opens up new areas with lots of health. I am slowly being sold on it , again beautiful game , controls are tight.

If my wife was not a teacher and had stuff to grade at night or if we had kids this would be a game that I would never be able to play.