Options

The video game thread.

Comments

• Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    kenshunt wrote:
    NHL 12 is awesome who wants to play me lol.

Bring it on! You on xbox live?

ps3 thats all i got
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    kenshunt wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

I do! Once I learn the controls :P

Hockey games have come a long way since 'blades of steel'... :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blades_of_Steel

Well all games have :D

i remember bades of steel :mrgreen: i'm on the ps3
    This is how I roll.
    8-)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROTIZ7BUzcwW9vJ0ELMgBG7kMhCU1cTOJDecvxHzxjGThj6Y6jeQ
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    Jason P wrote:
    8-)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROTIZ7BUzcwW9vJ0ELMgBG7kMhCU1cTOJDecvxHzxjGThj6Y6jeQ

Now THAT was a great game! I used to destroy people in that game! That, RBI Baseball and Techmo Superbowl. Nobody could touch me in any of those games! :D
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    mca47 wrote:
    Now THAT was a great game! I used to destroy people in that game! That, RBI Baseball and Techmo Superbowl. Nobody could touch me in any of those games! :D

dude, i would kill you in RBI baseball.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Blades of Steel

fuck yeah....i kick all your asses at that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    kenshunt wrote:
    Idris wrote:
    kenshunt wrote:

I do! Once I learn the controls :P

Hockey games have come a long way since 'blades of steel'... :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blades_of_Steel

Well all games have :D

i remember bades of steel :mrgreen: i'm on the ps3

I'm so still learning NHL12! hehehe, Ive not had much time with the game, been stuck mostly playing GT5 again,
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    is that game called ice hockey, if so i love how they had the skinny, medium and fat players :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXVFCfBWoQ
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    kenshunt wrote:
    is that game called ice hockey, if so i love how they had the skinny, medium and fat players :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXVFCfBWoQ

:thumbup: :clap: we also enjoyed "BLADES OF STEEL" :lol:

Gosh, I am getting old, aren't I? :oops:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
  • Options
    walked my ass about 2 miles to my best buy. walked my ass back to my apartment. popped in BF3, and guess what... "CANNOT CONNECT TO EA SERVERS."

:evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    GRAND THEFT AUTO 5!!!!

YES!!! one of the only two games that matter to me. GTA series, and racing sims. The rumors are saying its going to be washington DC because the 5 logo clearly represents a $5 bill. id say San Andreas.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    rival. wrote:
    walked my ass about 2 miles to my best buy. walked my ass back to my apartment. popped in BF3, and guess what... "CANNOT CONNECT TO EA SERVERS."

Sounds like you need to walk your ass to a used car lot or bicycle shop.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

Sounds like you need to walk your ass to a used car lot or bicycle shop.

bike, maybe. too expensive to own a car downtown.

i do have rollerblades somewhere in storage :lol:
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

the Dude abides!

that EA server issue sounds very familiar though. had it all the time with Skate 3 and Battlefield 2: Bad Company. ..
    "...bring it back someway bring it back, back, back... to the clean form, to the pure form..."

My Fugazi Live Series ramblings and blog: anothersievefistedfind.tumblr.com
  • Options
    voidofman wrote:
    Has anyone checked out Rocksmith? It came out yesterday, it's like Guitar Hero but you have to use your guitar to play. It's pretty good for learning to play guitar.
    I just ordered Rocksmith ... hopefully it arrives before the weekend.

I'm looking forward to knocking the dust off my electric guitar ... I'm hopeful this game brings back a former passion of mine.
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Jason, my buddy who suggested it said it's really fun in that it teaches you as you play, scales, etc. and full songs, the effects used in the songs available. Too cool.

They were sold out and didn't let me ordered one at the store so I'm thinking of just waiting until the price drops a little or buying it used around Christmas if that's possible.
  • Options
    voidofman wrote:
    Jason, my buddy who suggested it said it's really fun in that it teaches you as you play, scales, etc. and full songs, the effects used in the songs available. Too cool.
    Cool!

One of the reasons I stopped playing a few years back is because I didn't have any friends to jam with. I hit a plateau and over a while, just stopped. It will be interesting to have other instruments in the background.

It will be very ironic if a hobby that replaced playing the guitar actually gets me to stop playing video games and back to playing the guitar in my free time. :D
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    I hear you there, I stopped playing because I moved and have nobody around here that plays. Too bad it can't be played online, I'm hoping they come out with a bass guitar version as well since I play that too. And even a drum, keyboard and vocal too so everyone can play / learn all the parts of a song.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Grand theft Auto V preview coming out 11/2

I havent played a video game since June.
  • Options
    battlefield 3 is the tits.

that is all.
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    Batman: Arkham City

anyone?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    rival. wrote:

that is all.
    Went to play last night and the whole process took so long I lost interest
  • Options
    Batman: Arkham City

anyone?

holding off on this for the time being. batman: AA was one of the best campaigns i've ever played, but once i beat it, i was like... what now? the challenges got old after a little bit and there is no online play.

same is going to apply for AC, but gears of war and battlefield will keep be busy for a while. i do plan on getting it, just not now.

my friends that have it said it is incredible and the equivelent of what dark knight was to batman begins.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    rival. wrote:

that is all.

the servers are shit, have been shit, and always will be shit. just a reality with frostbite & EA.

BUT once you get connected, it is beyond awesome :P

really thought they would have learned from BF2, but guess not. apparentely there are "important" patches in the works. we'll see.
  • Options
    rival. wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    rival. wrote:

that is all.

the servers are shit, have been shit, and always will be shit. just a reality with frostbite & EA.

BUT once you get connected, it is beyond awesome :P

really thought they would have learned from BF2, but guess not. apparentely there are "important" patches in the works. we'll see.
    To be honest it was the long install, the stupid battlelog setup, and trying to join friends. I couldn't get in their server, which is fine, but instead of using a quick join I tried to join through the server list which annoyed me greatly.

I had no issue with Bf2 connections, and I got BC2 long after it came out so they had everything figured out (except stat saving ;)) by then.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    rival. wrote:

that is all.
    Just picked it up last night. All I did was install it. Probably will get on tonight and see how it is. I've heard it is much better than the beta.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    rival. wrote:

that is all.
    Just picked it up last night. All I did was install it. Probably will get on tonight and see how it is. I've heard it is much better than the beta.
    Tried to get on tonight with quick match and continuous "You have been disconnected from the server" errors.
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    rival. wrote:

that is all.
    Tried to get on tonight with quick match and continuous "You have been disconnected from the server" errors.
    Is anyone playing the PC version? Are the servers getting better?

And if anyone is playing the counsel version, are the maps too big with only 24 players?
  • Options
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    that is all.
    Is anyone playing the PC version? Are the servers getting better?

And if anyone is playing the counsel version, are the maps too big with only 24 players?
    A PC gamer friend told me no issues with the PC version.
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    rival. wrote:

that is all.
    Battlefield is beyond sick. anyone wanna play later today/tonight?
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    For $15, NBA Jam: On Fire Edition is well worth the money and is awesome with friends playing.

Plus, you can unlock old-school guys like Mullins, Stockton, and my favorite Rik Smits!

Check out the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOUWmyHOusU

Boom Shakalaka!