The video game thread.

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I refuse to pay $50/60 dollars on a new game. I buy nothing but used games off ebay.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    mca47 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I dont really by used games too often, and I dont borrow them... and also rarely sell games. So its not too bad for me.

I do let others borrow my games though

Yeah, I never buy used games. It's extremely rare that I sell games. Occasionally when Gamestop (who I really hate) has some deal going on I'll find a game that I know I'll never play again and trade it in on a new one that I've been wanting. I did once purchase a game on Ebay. Game had been out for one week, I found it on Ebay for like $15. Apparently the dude selling it didn't like it and just wanted to get rid of it....Score! :D
    99% of my games are purchased new.

Sucker. :D Just kidding. If you play online then buying new makes sense for me, I dont buy games that often so I can wait a year or two for the prices to come down to 20-30 dollars. I dont play online so it doesnt matter if I have the old version of Halo, or Black Ops.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Picked up the show last night. It's a good game. Need to get all my settings together.

TW13 comes out on the 25th. I haven't played that in a while. Might pick it up.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    mca47 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I dont really by used games too often, and I dont borrow them... and also rarely sell games. So its not too bad for me.

Yeah, I never buy used games. It's extremely rare that I sell games. Occasionally when Gamestop (who I really hate) has some deal going on I'll find a game that I know I'll never play again and trade it in on a new one that I've been wanting. I did once purchase a game on Ebay. Game had been out for one week, I found it on Ebay for like $15. Apparently the dude selling it didn't like it and just wanted to get rid of it....Score! :D

Sucker. :D Just kidding. If you play online then buying new makes sense for me, I dont buy games that often so I can wait a year or two for the prices to come down to 20-30 dollars. I dont play online so it doesnt matter if I have the old version of Halo, or Black Ops.
    Patience goes a long way too, new games eventually hit 20 bucks ;)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    mca47 wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I have no problem paying full price and also rewarding whatever development team that created the game. I met a guy who works for Naughty Dog. He was telling me how difficult the industry is and how the talent pool coming into the industry is so bleak. I guess it's not very lucrative (unless you are super talented and land with a high level developer) and as a result few people coming out of school go that route. Also know a dude that works for IGN that basically said the same thing. Many young programmers are shifting to creating small downloadable games that cost practically nothing to make, are cheap for the consumer and sell a ton of "copies". Same thing with games for smart phones/tablets.
    I have no problem with people who want to buy used games...times are tough, and $65 is a lot for a game. Because of GameStop, eBay, Craigslist, etc. overall profit margines for ever game sold are around 60%...as opposed to 100% if everyone bought new. I like videogames and therefore have no problem supporting those folks who make the games.
    Metal Gear Solid 5 trailer...
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/27/me ... iler-1080p

:shock: :shock:
    Fuckin awesome!!!!! :thumbup:
    mca47 wrote:

Not really sure what I just watched, but it looks cool.

I guess all that stuff was in Snake's Mind while in a 9 yr coma?
    mca47 wrote:

Not really sure what I just watched, but it looks cool.

I guess all that stuff was in Snake's Mind while in a 9 yr coma?
    Who knows? Looks badass!!! :D pretty amazing what they can do on current gen systems....can't imagine what Metal Gear or Uncharted, etc would look like on next gen systems! :shock:
    MGSV is slated for PS3 Correct. This will not be a PS4 title?
    MGSV is slated for PS3 Correct. This will not be a PS4 title?
    That's my understanding.
  • "MGS V is constructed with prologue and main game, TPP. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of TPP which is tutorial". However this works out in practice, the full title of the game is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and it will be coming to Xbox and PS3 at an unspecified date in the future."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... -pain-news
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    "MGS V is constructed with prologue and main game, TPP. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of TPP which is tutorial". However this works out in practice, the full title of the game is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and it will be coming to Xbox and PS3 at an unspecified date in the future."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/ga ... -pain-news

I have a 360 only and haven't played Metal Gear since the PS2 days. Is the HD collection current gen games or are those old gen games ported to the new gen? I am wondering if it is worth getting.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Snake. Snake. Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Snake. Snake. Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake
    I have heard that a lot! :lol:
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Capcom is doing a HD remake of DuckTales! Ah Woo Woo!

:P :thumbup: :clap:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/capcom-reviving-classic-nes-ducktales-with-modern-hd-remake/

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTn0T8cyuLq8oCWeEdi4BrHt1ucTbLYtbvs0nbwPt26uFo6oMV_
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    Nerdin' up right here - so I've got MLB 13 The Show. And I fucking love it.

Anyone here play? I wanna start a league, or at least get into one if someone has room here.

Screen name is jearlpam
    I'm really looking forward to The Last of Us.

Trailer...
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/02/th ... nd-trailer

:shock:
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to The Last of Us.

Trailer...
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/02/th ... nd-trailer

That does look excellent.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Im not sure. It showed very little to no gameplay.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Im not sure. It showed very little to no gameplay.
    Dude, it's Naughty Dog...it'll be amazing! Did you play any of the Uncharted games?
  • Just bought Bioshock Infinite for Steam. Haven't played yet but i sure am excited to once i get the chance.
    11/6/12 EV solo (got to meet him!!)
    7/19/13 Wrigley
    11/19/13 Phx
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    The only video game console that I own in a Nintendo 64, and the only video games I ever play is StarFox and James Bond 007. They are awesome!! :) Oh, and I'll get addicted to some phone app challenging puzzle game once in a rare while, and then I finish it, and uninstall.

There is one arcade game that I used to play at the local arcade that I haven't been able to find since the early - mid 90s. It's called S.T.U.N. Runner. You straddle it, and you race through these tunnels..... Anyone know it? Seen it anywhere? I really want to track this thing down - I might actually buy it if I could find it. Maybe someone knows where it sits in the corner of some retro arcade or something, you never know!
    This is it:
    rage_virtua,_stun.jpg
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    There is one arcade game that I used to play at the local arcade that I haven't been able to find since the early - mid 90s. It's called S.T.U.N. Runner. You straddle it, and you race through these tunnels..... Anyone know it? Seen it anywhere? I really want to track this thing down - I might actually buy it if I could find it. Maybe someone knows where it sits in the corner of some retro arcade or something, you never know!
    This is it:
    I remember it. Look under Google shopping. Looks like it is going for $1200

:think:

I need to think of a top five list of arcade cabinets that I would want. Of course Ms Pac Man (tabletop version) is #1, but what else ....
    Jason P wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    This is it:
    I remember it. Look under Google shopping. Looks like it is going for $1200

:think:

I need to think of a top five list of arcade cabinets that I would want. Of course Ms Pac Man (tabletop version) is #1, but what else ....
    That's cheap!! Maybe after Chicago. :think:
    I also liked that multiple driving game, where the cabinets were lined up next to one another, usually 4 in a row, and you raced each other. I was like Hard Drivin' kind of, but for 4 players. I loved that game! What was it called? It was a great way to get to know cute boys, too. :lol:
    Table top Ms Pac Man for sure.
    Street Fighter II was pretty good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Here is my list for Top Five Arcade Cabinets ... EVER!

#1 - Ms. Pac Man
    #2 - Street Fighter 2
    #3 - NBA Jam
    #4 - Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off-Road
    #5 - X-Men
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    No WWF Wrestling SuperStars? I used to spend all of my lunch money on that game at D&C Steak Shop.
    Jason P wrote:

#1 - Ms. Pac Man
    #2 - Street Fighter 2
    #3 - NBA Jam
    #5 - X-Men
    We agree on #1 and 2! Good choice! :D
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

#1 - Ms. Pac Man
    #2 - Street Fighter 2
    #3 - NBA Jam
    #5 - X-Men
    We agree on #1 and 2! Good choice! :D

Do you still play video games?

edited April 2013
    Jason P wrote:

#1 - Ms. Pac Man
    #2 - Street Fighter 2
    #3 - NBA Jam
    #5 - X-Men
    Honorable Mention

1943 - The Battle for Midway
    Star Wars
    Bad Dudes
    Gauntlent
    Punch Out!
    Golden Ax
    Double Dragon
    Missile Command
    Smash TV
    Galaga
    House of the Dead
    Operation Wolf
    Joust
    Spy Hunter
    Tapper
    WWF Wresling Superstars (good call jearlpam)
    Post edited by Jason P on
    Mine would be:

1. S.T.U.N. Runner
    2. That multi-player driving game (name???)
    3. Ms Pacman (tabletop)
    4. Street Fighter II
    5. ???? I don't have a 5. I apparently only liked 4 arcade games ever.... Does the Mechanical Claw game count? :lol: