The video game thread.

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Do a Google image search for Atari Breakout.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Jason P wrote:
    Gran Turismo 6 is heading to the PS3 this fall.

First off, why in the hell did Sony not make this a launch title for the PS4???? I would have bought one for this game. As it stands, I don't plan on getting a PS4 for a year or two after launch. Gonna wait until the first price drop.

First price drop is what, after 2-3 years?

I'll probably get PS4 when it comes out, but not sure what to think about GT6. As you mentioned, it should be a PS4 launch.

I did read that PS4 is gonna launch a new sim/race game series (?) with the PS4. That could be kinda cool.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Idris wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

First off, why in the hell did Sony not make this a launch title for the PS4???? I would have bought one for this game. As it stands, I don't plan on getting a PS4 for a year or two after launch. Gonna wait until the first price drop.

First price drop is what, after 2-3 years?

I'll probably get PS4 when it comes out, but not sure what to think about GT6. As you mentioned, it should be a PS4 launch.

I did read that PS4 is gonna launch a new sim/race game series (?) with the PS4. That could be kinda cool.
    Gotta wait and see how the new systems are set up to make money off of us. I don't think the future bodes well for gamers.

And I have a ton of unplayed games.

Of course I said I wouldn't get a Nintendo WiiU when it first came out ... :fp:
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P wrote:

Install base, and they've been working on it for years.

At least I'll get to play GT6 since I don't plan on getting a PS4, haha
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I have a large backlog of games, and generally play television console games less and less at this stage, and more and more portable (3ds and Vita, NES and SEGA Roms on my cell phone)
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Install base, and they've been working on it for years.

At least I'll get to play GT6 since I don't plan on getting a PS4, haha
    I just hope they figured the menu system out. :-|
    Jason P wrote:
    I hope they fix a great many things. I'm still unlikely to buy one, GT is the only Sony system-seller for me and it's coming out for PS3 haha

Palpatine-300x225.jpg
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    I hope they fix a great many things. I'm still unlikely to buy one, GT is the only Sony system-seller for me and it's coming out for PS3 haha

Palpatine-300x225.jpg

and you have yet to even race me on GT5 :thumbdown:
    Idris wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

Palpatine-300x225.jpg

and you have yet to even race me on GT5 :thumbdown:
    I haven't played GT5 in a year, or more. There's probably a 37 hour download for it now, is there?
    What's your PSN name? YushiSpeed? Bvar? I don't know who's who other than the obvious mca :P
    Rygar wrote:
    I haven't played GT5 in a year, or more. There's probably a 37 hour download for it now, is there?
    What's your PSN name? YushiSpeed? Bvar? I don't know who's who other than the obvious mca :P
    You need to add another 43 hours for the system update and install.

:fp:

:lol:

:(
    Ya it's been about that long for me too.

I'm setting up a new account.
    Jason P wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    You need to add another 43 hours for the system update and install.

:fp:

:lol:

:(
    Jeez at those times must be a whole 30mb update!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Drive Club should be out at launch.
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PD35gnBE ... D35gnBE7Lw

I'm really not into racing games but this does look pretty cool.

Pretty sure GT6 is coming out on the PS3 for two reasons...
    First, they have probably been working on it for PS3 for years. Probably hard to re-tool to for different hardware at this point.
    Second, it'll still sell really well on the PS3. Those people who don't want to drop $450 (or whatever) on a new console may pick up a PS3....which will likely get a decent price cut when PS4 comes out. I'm pretty sure we'll see games coming out for the pS3 a year or two after the launch of 4. They'll want to make money off of both systems.
    mca47 wrote:

First, they have probably been working on it for PS3 for years. Probably hard to re-tool to for different hardware at this point.
    Second, it'll still sell really well on the PS3. Those people who don't want to drop $450 (or whatever) on a new console may pick up a PS3....which will likely get a decent price cut when PS4 comes out. I'm pretty sure we'll see games coming out for the pS3 a year or two after the launch of 4. They'll want to make money off of both systems.

Good points,
    ---
    Drive Club looks really interesting,
    mca47 wrote:

Pretty much what I said earlier.

At some point there will be the same games releasing on both systems as well.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Finally got around to playing Resident Evil 6. 2 days of that and it's for sale, holy hell way to kill a favourite Capcom!
    I'm really looking forward to "The Last of Us". Some pre-views on IGN. Looks amazing!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to "The Last of Us". Some pre-views on IGN. Looks amazing!
    It really does. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    mca47 wrote:
    It really does. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
    A couple guys at IGN said they played it (or part of it) and said that it was more or less incredible!
    From what I've seen, it'll be a day one purchase! :D
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    so... new xbox today, huh?
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    MayDay10 wrote:

Apparently. Anybody know what time?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    MayDay10 wrote:

Apparently. Anybody know what time?
    10 am P
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    MayDay10 wrote:

yep. interested to see the new bells and whistles. i am sure i will get it after an eventual price drop.

hope the 360 profile and achievements carry over!
    rival. wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

yep. interested to see the new bells and whistles. i am sure i will get it after an eventual price drop.

I think they will carry over.
    The biggest thing for me was the always-online rumours but I'm glad that got put to bed.

Still won't be in any rush to get one. Current gen is alive and well. Besides, after terms like RROD and YLOD what's the rush to get in on this generation, right?
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Rygar wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    MayDay10 wrote:

I think they will carry over.
    The biggest thing for me was the always-online rumours but I'm glad that got put to bed.

Still won't be in any rush to get one. Current gen is alive and well. Besides, after terms like RROD and YLOD what's the rush to get in on this generation, right?

Yeah, I will be waiting for the second gen of the 720. After buying the initial release of the 360 and dealing with freezes and disc errors for years I finally had to pay $80 to get my RROD fixed this year. Plus I am at least a full year behind on games anyway.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Yeah, I will be waiting for the second gen of the 720. After buying the initial release of the 360 and dealing with freezes and disc errors for years I finally had to pay $80 to get my RROD fixed this year. Plus I am at least a full year behind on games anyway.

i bought my 360 back in 2008 or early 2009 and shockingly, never got the red ring of death, but i think at that point, xbox was learning from their initial release mistakes and fixed a couple things that people were complaining about after their xboxs were getting fried. so i think i have one of those "corrected" consoles.

although, randomly my xbox does sound like a jet that is about to take off.

a while back i remember seeing a video on youtube of a guy frying an egg on his PS3 :lol::lol:
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    mca47 wrote:

Yeah, this looks badass. Same folks that made Uncharted, I think?

Im dying for a new game. Ive been re-playing old ones cause I cant get into anything good.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    will have blu ray drive
    I miss igotid88