Options

The video game thread.

1101102103104105107»

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Jason P said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Baldurs Gate was pretty overwhelming at first.  Started playing with a sloppy build that I didnt put much strategy or thought into it as I didnt know what anything meant.   It was tough and I was getting my ass kicked.

I watched a well made youtube video that explained the major mechanics, so I re-started it and it is a lot better now.  It looks terrific.  Great RPG system.  I'm a little disappointed though in how linear-feeling everything is.  

send a link of the video!

It is on a PC, so some of the interface is a little different, but it gives a nice beginner's look at what everything does/means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNaVaHBFqX4&t=4169s

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P said:

Gran Turismo 7 – It could be because there was a glitch that pretty much allowed me to get every car in the game, but this is the definitive console racing experience, as much as Sony tries to hinder it.  R.I.P. Forza Motorsport

Have you tried Assetto Corsa Competizione?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Rygar said:
    Jason P said:

Gran Turismo 7 – It could be because there was a glitch that pretty much allowed me to get every car in the game, but this is the definitive console racing experience, as much as Sony tries to hinder it.  R.I.P. Forza Motorsport

I've tried it on PS5 and Series X ... I had issues with the force feedback changing mid-race, which obviously is not ideal in a game that is more true simulation.   I had my finger crossed they would update and optimize the game, and I think they have made some updates.   I figure PC is the way to play this game.  The racing itself seemed top notch.  Career mode is not very inspiring and a lot of the rules are unclear ... sucks to lose a long race because you didn't rub your belly three times before making a pit stop at the prescribed time. 
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Jason P said:
    Rygar said:
    Jason P said:

I've tried it on PS5 and Series X ... I had issues with the force feedback changing mid-race, which obviously is not ideal in a game that is more true simulation.   I had my finger crossed they would update and optimize the game, and I think they have made some updates.   I figure PC is the way to play this game.  The racing itself seemed top notch.  Career mode is not very inspiring and a lot of the rules are unclear ... sucks to lose a long race because you didn't rub your belly three times before making a pit stop at the prescribed time. 
    PC is the better way to play it, as it is for most games probably.  I haven't had any issues with FFB changing, that sounds miserable.
    The racing is about as good as it gets on console overall.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Been playing Alan Wake 2.  Great game!
  • Options
    Got the new Pulse Explore earbuds for the PS5.  The sound is incredible, but have been having some issues with them randomly disconnecting mid-game.  It only lasts a second or two, but it's def annoying.  Happens once every 30 mins or so.
  • Options
    edited March 8
    Tried an off-brand PS5 controller with asymmetrical controls but it was too wonky (PDP Victrix).  Hair trigger on the bumpers got me into serious trouble on Dark Souls 3.   May have screwed a 100 hour run testing the controller out on that game ...  So I returned it and still hellbent on getting a comfortable PS5 controller, I took a u-turn and got one of these ...

That is a fighting pad.   Tried it out on street fighter 6 and it made perfect sense.  good ergonomics and easy control.   (in theory if picture posts properly ... F5 Sabotour????)

Much easier control.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    Here is a fun IO game i like to play called Skillfite.

https://skillfite.io/

If you ever do get on and play let me know.  I'd love to see some of you on there.

So in a nutshell it does save your progress.  You start off small and have to get resources to build weapons and fight to get experience. It's fun when you get the hang of it.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I'm sure I'm way behind, as I'm not much of a gamer, but The Ghost of Tsushima is one fantastic game. wow. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited March 13
    Unicorn Overload seems to be an excellent game so far.  Real Time Strategy and tactics that doesn't seem overwhelming at first (vs something like Final Fantasy Tactics where I would fret over every decision made).  Battles are played out by the decisions you make prior to the battle ... so you basically watch the fights play out and don't need to make any decisions.  But you do need to organize teams, equip them, structure them, and can force them to make decisions like "don't heal unless unit is below 50%".  I'm liking the structure so far.  

There is a demo that gives you 5-7 hours of playtime, so worth checking out.   I figure if you don't make it past the demo, $60 saved ... I ended up spending $60.   This feels like a game I will finish to completion. 

This game runs GREAT on the Nintendo Switch.  Almost no load times and graphics comparable to the PS5 version (max 1080P) which are usually the Switch's biggest weakness.

The art style is pretty bitch'n as well.

Ghosts is an excellent game ... I need to get back and finish it.  I'm kind of hoping for a void of good games so I can catch up on older games.
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,924
    Ghost of Tsushima is fantastic.  Looking forward to the second one, which seems it might not happen until 2025. 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Ghost of Tsushima is fantastic.  Looking forward to the second one, which seems it might not happen until 2025. 
    did you play legends mode? haven't tackled that yet
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Yep, it was great!
  • Options
    I did not, nor do I know what that is!  Is it the hardest difficulty or new stuff unlocked after the game? 
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Here is a fun IO game i like to play called Skillfite.

https://skillfite.io/

If you ever do get on and play let me know.  I'd love to see some of you on there.

So in a nutshell it does save your progress.  You start off small and have to get resources to build weapons and fight to get experience. It's fun when you get the hang of it.
    No takers on this?
  • Options
    I did not, nor do I know what that is!  Is it the hardest difficulty or new stuff unlocked after the game? 
    you can actually switch to legends mode right inside the game, or choose it as an option from the get-go (no need to unlock). any time you encounter one of those roadside "storytellers" it asks if you want to switch to legends mode. i tried it once, died pretty quickly (this was early on when I was still learning the game), so haven't tried since. But will now. It seems like it's a completely different game. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    you can actually switch to legends mode right inside the game, or choose it as an option from the get-go (no need to unlock). any time you encounter one of those roadside "storytellers" it asks if you want to switch to legends mode. i tried it once, died pretty quickly (this was early on when I was still learning the game), so haven't tried since. But will now. It seems like it's a completely different game. 
    Oh right, I forgot all about that.  I tried it once too and had no clue what it was...and apparently blocked it out of my mind afterwards. 
  • Options
    McGruffMcGruff Island Of The Goon Posts: 39
    For those unaware, Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden is now in Fortnite.
  • Options
    McGruff said:
    Do you remember Kickstand being on Roadrash?
  • Options
    McGruff said:
    Do you remember Kickstand being on Roadrash?

Yes.  And Paw had a song or two as well in that soundtrack.
  • Options
    Anyone playing Valheim?  Kinda boring but also pretty fun at the same time.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    there's a Fallout tv series on Amazon Prime now

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    there's a Fallout tv series on Amazon Prime now

I wonder if the show will have really bad framerate issues and characters getting stuck on random rocks.  hahahaha