Options

If you met Eddie Vedder...what would you say?

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i would tell him....

1) stop with the solo tour, we prefer the whole band

2) tour the rest of the country and Europe

3) get into the studio and work on another album

4) get Stone some hair plugs ala Brett Michaels

5) thank you for the memories!
  • Options
    Ample JarAmple Jar Posts: 236
    Just wanted to say that was a nice story Hard2IMAGINE2007VIC. I now wish even moreso that I'd hung around after the SC and/or Berkeley show just to meet Eddie.
    9/22/96, 8/17/98, 8/18/00, 6/22/03, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 7/16/06, 7/18/06
  • Options
    What else can you say but, THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    PearlJenPearlJen Seattle Posts: 30
    I met Eddie in the parking lot at Great Woods in Boston in 2003 - I shook his hand and said, "I just want to thank you for being a part of my life for the past 12 years" and he said, "Aw, thanks for letting me." Greatest moment EVER!
    The smallest oceans still get . . . big, big waves
  • Options
    lilvlilv Posts: 27
    id have to ask whats it like to share a stage with springsteen, and the who, that must be a mind blowin experience. im so mighty jelous of him...and them.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Thank you for throwing tambourines to my niece and nephew. You and Mike gave us a story to share even 25 years down the road. I have four more nieces. You think you're ready?:)

Now, if we were in a bookstore, of course he would ask me what's the best Pablo Neruda book to give to a friend, and I would say Fully Empowered. If he asked me if I knew a good book on enlightenment I would laugh, and say "haha funny, yeah right."

If I saw him in a cafe, and recognized him, I would quickly open a book and read intently. I wouldn't want to stare, and I wouldn't want him to see me staring. The man wants a coffee, I would leave him alone. I would stare at him in lots of other places, just not in a cafe with book in hand.

If he was at the shore I wouldn't know it because I'm always ill prepared at the shore, and the sun would blind my eyes, and I would already be burned. No beaches for meeting Eddie Vedder for me.

In a grocery store, I would definitely not know he's there even if he's within 1 foot of me, and we are both in front of the same pineapples. Whereas I'll be looking at my grocery list, he'll probably just leave - no conversation there. I'm too far into the produce search for distraction.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    I truly have no idea. But I hope to one day.
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    burnerbenburnerben Posts: 80
    I'd probably say thanks for inspiring loads of good times. Then I'd ask him what his favorite surfboard is and what are his favorite breaks in SD county. If we were out in the water, I probably wouldn't recognize him as I can barely recognize my wife in the lineup.
    Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I’m
    delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I would just give him a hug. :)

lol, it's probably a good thing he's not a germophobe. At least I hope he's not.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Ed, can I bum a smoke from ya?
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    I would just say thank you.
  • Options
    "Cut your hair, you stinky hippie!!!"

JK. Would proably be too intimidated to speak but would at the very least like to shake his hand.
  • Options
    SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    When I met Ed, I freaked. I never even imagined having the chance. I met him at the VOte for Change show in Toledo. He was talking to about 5 people in back of the arena about politics. After he went on a rant about Seattle's mayor and relating it to the presidential election that was going on, I told him to never stop creating and I had non-gay man luv for him. I bummed a smoke off of him (American Spirit) and his security guard (big samoan looking dude, Jesse maybe?) pushed me away.
    Good times.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • Options
    VacateVacate Posts: 57
    I would ask him why the hell "help, help" was ever put on pearl jam album.
    www.myspace.com/vacate3
  • Options
    I don't really want to meet to him, just for this reason. I'd have to say something. really, all I could say is thanks, but I'm sure he doesn't need to hear that from me.
  • Options
    i'd tell him i'm going to name all my children after him..or try to get him to touch my pregnant girlfriends belly..
  • Options
    EBowieEBowie Posts: 529
    Vacate wrote:
    I would ask him why the hell "help, help" was ever put on pearl jam album.

All you've done here is prove Ed is smarter than you, because help help is a great tune. Have you heard the song?
  • Options
    kh65kh65 Posts: 946
    drivingrl wrote:
    I would just give him a hug. :)

lol, it's probably a good thing he's not a germophobe. At least I hope he's not.

Umm... maybe you should take a shower :)
    "If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room."

Gambling=a taxation on stupidity.

Remember, you can walk anywhere, as long as you have the time.

http://www.ryanmontbleauband.com/

http://www.myspace.com/jessedee
  • Options
    Hey Ray! And to think you almost didn't wait around with me after the show :). Now you have a wonderful story to tell and a sweet signed poster! I think what you said to Ed was perfect.

I told him that the song "Come Back" got me through my husband's deployment, so thank you for the music. He said that he hoped my husband was back home safe, and I told him that he was and back in school, away from the army. He said, "Well, good, I'm glad." What a great guy. He had to run and was on his way out but made sure to stop and sign everything and chat with us for a minute. What a great night!

Laura, you are the coolest stranger that I have ever sat outside on a college campus at 1 am waiting for a rock star and BSing with about Pearl Jam and life... I am so glad that you looked so inviting to come talk to sitting on the floor or else I would have continued on my walk to my car to go home. I guess this was one time that I am glad I gave in to my curiosity. I must have looked like a psycho stalker fan to the others when I ran back the my car and pulled out the blankets from my Tahoe LOL!!! Glad my car was well packed from the trip from Arizona...Damn those came in handy in that cold ass weather and I was pretty comfortable too! I remember exactly what you said to Ed about "Come Back" and your husbands deployment and it was pretty cool to me that Ed was great about taking a few seconds to personally acknowledge and respond to the questions and thanks he was being given. In any case, thanks for saying whats up and posting a response. Laura I will never forget you since I kinda have you to thank for convincing me to stick around and take the chance to say thanks if it really meant something to me. Enjoy Wisconsin and I wish you and your husband a great upcoming summer!
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    About all I could muster was "I know you must hear this a lot, but thank you so much for your music......."
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    i met him asked for a picture told him his songwriting was great, he was cool.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    I'd say thank you, and could you stand here for just a sec please while my friends snaps this picture of us? :-)
    Boston Garden 5/25/06
    Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Madison Square Garden 6/24/08 and 6/25/08
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The answers are fatal......
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    I did, and I said "I've just always wanted to scream HEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOO!" He said "HEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOO!" back. Then I flashed him a peace sign and split.

that's it =)
    Just me
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    "Get your ass to Alpine Valley!"
  • Options
    i did meet him.... well came within 5 feet of him in london when he was outside the jlc getting requests for their set.
    exact quote:

ED, YOU FUCKING ROCK!

he smiled and waved
  • Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    Id go your a prick mate, I spent $50 on a newcastle poster for Mark Richards ( after i found out he didnt get one at the show) and then you went and gave him one in hawaii. I thought of it first.

Nah just jokes, when it happens I hope its with mark and we three will talk about waves, I want to share a secret spot up on the north coast of oz ( Eds always talking about finding a quite place on the coast)
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    probably i would be too moved to say anything. How would I tell everything what is inside me and what I owe Them in one sentence? It seems so easy, but it's so difficult.
    Maybe starting -how are U? or sth stupid like that.
    After this - must be honest - i would ask Him about many things, if i could feel safe...
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    TT98TT98 Posts: 134
    not too sure what I would say but thank you would for sure be the 1st 2 words out of my mouth
  • Options
    play even flow more
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    i did meet him.... well came within 5 feet of him in london when he was outside the jlc getting requests for their set.
    exact quote:

ED, YOU FUCKING ROCK!

he smiled and waved
    heheh, U bring me to laugh!!!
    Well done, my bro!
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl