Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    Horner is my fave and is a class act all around. Here's a good interview in bicycling mag:

http://www.bicycling.com/tour-de-france/tour-features/pushing-40-and-getting-faster

Depending on how the team goes, he could finish top 8 (unless he has to cook himself for Levi or Kloden). He usually does a daily blog which is a good read, and much better than a milquetoast report like Hincapie might give.

I always did the fantasy bike team on versus web page, but I just checked and it looks like the wisdom of NBC has taken over. Suck.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    imalive wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

starts saturday ...
    cool. must see TV. my summer vacation! :lol:

I'm off and I'll be watching for sure. say is it going to be on Versus?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    Horner is my fave and is a class act all around. Here's a good interview in bicycling mag:

http://www.bicycling.com/tour-de-france/tour-features/pushing-40-and-getting-faster

Depending on how the team goes, he could finish top 8 (unless he has to cook himself for Levi or Kloden). He usually does a daily blog which is a good read, and much better than a milquetoast report like Hincapie might give.

I always did the fantasy bike team on versus web page, but I just checked and it looks like the wisdom of NBC has taken over. Suck.

I found the link for the fantasy team:

http://nbcfantasy.stats.com/cycling/index.asp
  • Options
    g under p wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

starts saturday ...
    cool. must see TV. my summer vacation! :lol:

I'm off and I'll be watching for sure. say is it going to be on Versus?

Peace

Yes! Many times each day.
  • Options
    PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    UNREAL PERFORMANCE BY FABIAN LEADING LEOPARD TREK IN THE TTT :clap:

The Peloton & The Podium: It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
    http://bluerubyrider.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -time.html
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Disaster for garmin's GC guys yesterday - nice to see them bounce back with first ever TDF stage win!!
  • Options
    woohooo ... Farrar wins sprint! ... lead out by the fucking yellow jersey of thor hushovd no doubt!! ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    woohooo ... Farrar wins sprint! ... lead out by the fucking yellow jersey of thor hushovd no doubt!! ...

An American from an American team deliver the USA a win on the 4th of July. :clap: :-D

I wish the US was more excited about cycling!!

http://bluerubyrider.blogspot.com/2011/ ... n-for.html
  • Options
    WOW ... what a finish today ... this is gonna be a great tour ...

congrats to cadel ... and to thor for holding onto yellow! ... he's definitely changed his racing style over the years! ...
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Watching Contador's attacks this evening on the highlights...

Should the other riders even care what he tries?
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Go Cadel!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

An American from an American team deliver the USA a win on the 4th of July. :clap: :-D

...Yes about as excited as the US gets about soccer...Great ride by Cadel today in beating out Contador.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

...Yes about as excited as the US gets about soccer...Great ride by Cadel today in beating out Contador.

Peace

I'm actually seeing sparks of life with Associated Press. Tyler is causing some buzz in the US. Great stage win today by Cadel. Contador had no help at all today. Riis must be on a ledge.

http://bluerubyrider.blogspot.com/2011/ ... evans.html
  • Options
    heard the other day that these guys are burning 8,000 - 10,000 calories a day! ... wow ...
  • Options
    crashes galore today ... i suspect the final sprint is going to be a clustercuss ... :shock:
  • Options
    cavendish shows he is the man in a sprint ...
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    polaris_x wrote:
    cavendish is THE MAN!! He did NOT win the sprint jersey last year, right? even tho he dominated, didn't it go to someone who was more consistent? fuck consistency...I much prefer Mark's all or nothing approach.

god, how bad are these new commentators, gogulsky and mchugh? at least gogulsky seems to know cycling....mchugh is just versus' latest know nothing pretty boy :x

the commercials get pretty unbearable, too
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    cavendish is THE MAN!! He did NOT win the sprint jersey last year, right? even tho he dominated, didn't it go to someone who was more consistent? fuck consistency...I much prefer Mark's all or nothing approach.

god, how bad are these new commentators, gogulsky and mchugh? at least gogulsky seems to know cycling....mchugh is just versus' latest know nothing pretty boy :x

the commercials get pretty unbearable, too

no ... petacchi won it last year ... cavendish would have won the green jersey if he cared a bit more last year ...

they changed the point scoring system this year for both the kom and the points jersey ... only time will tell but so far ... the points haven't been eaten up by pure sprinters ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    heard the other day that these guys are burning 8,000 - 10,000 calories a day! ... wow ...

Here's stats from Tyler's 4th of July win....burned about 10,000.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/97231307

Stage 5 recap/Stage 6 update and other thoughts.
    http://bluerubyrider.blogspot.com/2011/ ... n-day.html
  • Options
    where's Robbie McEwen? :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

riding for radioshack this year ... they were focusing on GC guys this year so he was left off the team ...

levi lost a minute today ... not good for him ... gonna be flat again tomorrow ... probably cavendish ... fireworks start saturday ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    imalive wrote:

riding for radioshack this year ... they were focusing on GC guys this year so he was left off the team ...
    wow. it's a cold business. would he still have been vying for sprints?

you know what I hate? when I eat a bad steak and test positive for clenbuterol :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    wow. it's a cold business. would he still have been vying for sprints?

you know what I hate? when I eat a bad steak and test positive for clenbuterol :roll:

haha ... no ... he's pretty much done as a sprinter ...
  • Options
    Tom Boonen had to abandon due to injuries from the crash. :(
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    imalive wrote:

levi lost a minute today ... not good for him ... gonna be flat again tomorrow ... probably cavendish ... fireworks start saturday ...

It is bad for him, but it helps solidify Horner as team leader, which is good this early in the race and something I've been waiting to see.
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    imalive wrote:

It is bad for him, but it helps solidify Horner as team leader, which is good this early in the race and something I've been waiting to see.

:):clap: :thumbup: Chris is awesome, very understated and somewhat underestimated. At 39, he still has it in him and I would love to see him on the podium. It can only get better for him with the mountain stages coming up.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    May the drug cheat that can get away with it win.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Go Beavers wrote:

i don't think it'll change much ... radioshack has 4 GC guys ... they lost brajkovic due to a crash ... so, it's just kloeden, horner and levi ... whoever gets thru the Pyrenees in the best shape will probably have the others work for him in the alps ... i think horner is a better overall climber than levi so, you could be right ...