Options

*** Belfast Fanviews Here 6/23/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    jrd wrote:
    I invited Ed to the wedding through his Twitter page :D
    Also i think a couple of friends tried to get a message to them :D

twitter, eh ?

i've just thought of the 5 tracks i'd love to hear PJ play and now have a cunning plan to get them played... unfortunately i think one or two other people might have the same idea...

i don't think that's going to work again... :D;)

congrats!!
    Thanks.
    I think friends were pestering them too trying to get messages to the band. :lol:
    Whatever it was, it worked and made our wedding day even more special.
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I think friends were pestering them too trying to get messages to the band. :lol:
    Whatever it was, it worked.
    It worked pretty well i would say! :D It was big surprise for all of us,i can't even imagine what it meant to both of u :D Oh,btw,did u manage to dance actually? :D Or there was no room at all?
    And one more thing,a friend of u emailed me on yt today about a video of that song,i don't have it but i've found other video so..... here u are,enjoy it once again! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgorEV61yGw
    Congrats and thanks,because of u and Brendan's birthday that show was so special,so "ours" :) Haha,and thanks for a fantastic wedding party! lol
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    eMJot wrote:
    Whatever it was, it worked.
    It worked pretty well i would say! :D It was big surprise for all of us,i can't even imagine what it meant to both of u :D Oh,btw,did u manage to dance actually? :D Or there was no room at all?
    And one more thing,a friend of u emailed me on yt today about a video of that song,i don't have it but i've found other video so..... here u are,enjoy it once again! :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgorEV61yGw
    Congrats and thanks,because of u and Brendan's birthday that show was so special,so "ours" :) Haha,and thanks for a fantastic wedding party! lol

No we never got to dance to it as i was in shock for a few secomds and then jumping up and down singing like a lunatic.
    Thanks for posting the video.
    No problem about the wedding party but im still waiting on wedding gifts from everyone that was at the Odyssey :lol:
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    No problem about the wedding party but im still waiting on wedding gifts from everyone that was at the Odyssey :lol:
    Yyyyyyyyy...... what wedding party? 8-) Did i say sth about some wedding party? :mrgreen:
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,786
    Fantastic show, great set list, happy eddie, band on fire, and great crowd...

Definitely topped Dublin, although that was also class.

Few observations

Eddies security guy is a class act
    pj fans are fucking great, I met some extremely nice people
    general admission rocks

oh met Eddie afterwards - he continues to be a total legend to me, what a guy, and the bands crew were super nice too

great great day and further proof that no one does this better
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Awesome, how'd you meet Eddie?

Was an amazing show, my favourite so far I think. Great crowd and the band were great - cool to see how happy they were, seeing Jeff and Stone laughing and stuff at the end. Awesome set too.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    pdalowsky wrote:

Few observations

general admission rocks

oh met Eddie afterwards - he continues to be a total legend to me, what a guy, and the bands crew were super nice too

I do believe we were right next to you! Wasn't until we were back at car I thought the guy asking for come back might have been you. Ed was great, shame he didn't have longer to stick around. They were obviously in a hurry to leave so it was great Ed made the time to say hello!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Belfast is up there in my top 10... Mazal Tov Eddie, other guy who's getting married and Brendan, a night full of happy occasions... Thanks so much for Tremor, the band and - you know who you are ;) I'll look back on this night with love forever.

Yummy champaighn slurp...
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    Fantastic show wasnt it?!! So much better than Dublin. I, like any other No Code junkie, could have gone home happy just after opening Sometimes 8-)

Great to see Tremor Christ, Low Light, No Way, Present Tense, RVM, SOLAT, Leash!! And at my ninth show I heard Jeremy for the first time, first time hearing a song is always special, specially a classic like that!

I also liked the venue, the O2 in Dublin was too new and tidy, I like the arenas a little more old school.

Thanks to all the great people following this band, I always meet so many incredibly nice people at the shows!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    Wow, did you post this on Fbook too? if so now i know who you are and am kicking myself we didnt get to say hello!!!!
    strummers wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Few observations

general admission rocks

I do believe we were right next to you! Wasn't until we were back at car I thought the guy asking for come back might have been you. Ed was great, shame he didn't have longer to stick around. They were obviously in a hurry to leave so it was great Ed made the time to say hello!
  • Options
    simonmogsimonmog Posts: 1
    Idlewild wrote:
    Belfast was amazing probably enjoyed it even more than Dublin which was also fantastic.

That was great when everyone wished Brendan a happy birthday and that playing Amongst The Waves for the newly married couple. That was so sweet.

It was me and the wife Eddie dedicated Amongst the Waves to in Belfast on Wednesday night which was our wedding night.Absolutely amazing.Have been a fan from the beginning and been to a few shows(a couple in Dublin and Verona 2006) but never EVER thought anything like that would happen on Wednesday night.
    Still buzzing :D

what a gig!, what a day! what a night!, tremor christ and SOLAT.......splendid

i'm very proud to have been part of the wedding party for my good friends Colin and Aisling Cardy :D

it doesn't seem like nearly 20 years since we stood as teenagers drinking carry outs on the shores of Belfast Lough, singing songs from Ten, how times have changed.

i think at this point Colin you should apologise to Ed and the ten club for the torrent of emails and tweets they are about to receive with requests :)
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Wow, did you post this on Fbook too? if so now i know who you are and am kicking myself we didnt get to say hello!!!!

... and I think I now know who you are because of your avatar! ;) ... I was on the crazy train and sat watching the football in the hotel bar in Belfast ... I am someone else who should have come and said hello. Hope you and the family had a great trip :D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    btw from 4 shows so far this was the best by far..till tomorrow :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,101
    Dublin was great, but Belfast was just asolutely f*cking-fantastic :D:mrgreen::mrgreen:

When the second song is Do The Evolution, you know its gonna be a good show and it SO was.

Couldn't believe I got to hear Tremor Christ and No Way :shock: (took me ages to realise what they were playing when No Way started...doh :oops: )

Other highlights...
    Great version of Jeremy, can't understand why they don't play it more often
    Full Save it for Later tag :mrgreen:
    The wedding story
    Ed's love story
    BoB Happy Birthday
    The rest of the setlist.....

The sound was perfect and it was such good fun dancing 'round (sometimes like a loon) with some new and some newish friends :D:D :wave:

(Only minor disappointment was the lack of variation in the Backspacer songs, saw 3 shows (Dublin, Belfast, London) and they played the same 5 BS songs)
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

... and I think I now know who you are because of your avatar! ;) ... I was on the crazy train and sat watching the football in the hotel bar in Belfast ... I am someone else who should have come and said hello. Hope you and the family had a great trip :D

Oh thats a shame Chime, that was a long train journey ;) Edward wanted to walk all over me!!!

Im sure we should have met at Shep Bush too....next time 3rd time lucky??
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    chime wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Oh thats a shame Chime, that was a long train journey ;) Edward wanted to walk all over me!!!

Im sure we should have met at Shep Bush too....next time 3rd time lucky??

Hey mate, thought i'd say hello. I sat diagonally across from you on the train journey to Belfast with my mate (The 2 scottish guys!). It's cool to chat to other fans.

I got my wee boy the "I got shit" babygrow, so he had that on when I got back home on Thursday. A wee rocker in the making!

I missed out on getting the poster from the Belfast gig, but hoping that they will be available on the 10c store after the tour finishes.
  • Options

Hey mate, thought i'd say hello. I sat diagonally across from you on the train journey to Belfast with my mate (The 2 scottish guys!). It's cool to chat to other fans.

I got my wee boy the "I got shit" babygrow, so he had that on when I got back home on Thursday. A wee rocker in the making!

I missed out on getting the poster from the Belfast gig, but hoping that they will be available on the 10c store after the tour finishes.

Hi mate, thats cool, I hope you enjoyed the shows as much as i did??
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Hi mate, thats cool, I hope you enjoyed the shows as much as i did??

Yeah that was my 7th show and definitely one of my favorites. The whole band were on fire. I thought the setlist ran really well compared to Dublin which was a bit stop start. Particular highlight was Mike jamming with Boon on Crazy Mary. I think you were just in front of me in the crowd on that side eh?

I said to my wife that I met a guy who was there with his wife and wee boy which was maybe a mistake as she's wanting to come on the next trip!
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    pdalowsky wrote:
    strummers wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Few observations

general admission rocks

Yep, that's me! Was in a world if my own after speaking to Ed! :lol:
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    No_CoDeyeahNo_CoDeyeah Posts: 162
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEVBj9EaMs

a little remaining of this awsome concert
  • Options
    SlaneySlaney Posts: 1
    Post to Chris - I was stuck up in a seat near the back but that didn't stop me having a grand time! Even though I'm a Ten Club member, I had to work hard to persuade the fiancee to come, so had to settle for a seat ... didn't stop me though! I worried for about the first 3 minutes about the peeps behind me, but after that I was on my feet ... remaining seated for 3 minutes was unnatural! Utterly brilliant show! Just fantastic, uplifting, funny, just about perfect! Always said I'd die happy if I heard Present Tense live, and there it was ... SOLAT, Leash, Jeremy, RVM ... as good as it gets!
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,260
    Idlewild wrote:
    Belfast was amazing probably enjoyed it even more than Dublin which was also fantastic.

That was great when everyone wished Brendan a happy birthday and that playing Amongst The Waves for the newly married couple. That was so sweet.

It was me and the wife Eddie dedicated Amongst the Waves to in Belfast on Wednesday night which was our wedding night.Absolutely amazing.Have been a fan from the beginning and been to a couple of shows in Dublin and Verona but never EVER thought anything like that would happen on Wednesday night.
    Still buzzing :D

Thats awesome, man. Something to remember forever! We were at the Dublin and Belfast gigs and Belfast was definitely the highlight, just hearing No Way and Present Tense made it for me. Congrats to you and your good lady :D
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    Where to start. We took a walk to the venue about 2.45 to see what was happening and it seems we missed the band by a few minutes, nevermind.

We had TC seated tickets for this one and when I picked them up I saw EAST UPPER TIER. My heart sank thinking they would be nosebleeds but when we got in I found our seats to be awesome, right over where the band came out and within screaming distance of Mike McFuckin'Cready (was was on fire).

A few beers so loosen the voice box and it was time for the show, the place was packed out. For some reason both pairs of seats either side us weren't taken, although some other (very nice) guys sat on one side but we had loads of room to rock out. The guy below me with his girlfriend was insane, he was loving every minute and he should, it was amazing.

Opening with Sometimes was fantastic, infact the whole set was fantastic, just wish I was still there, Jeremy was awesome, Leash was awesome, everything was brilliant, even Brendons 50th birthday bit! Just want to say thanks to all the people I met, sorry to the girl for my buddy knocking over your drinks (hope you got a few back!)
  • Options
    belfast1belfast1 Posts: 780
    Chazz wrote:
    Dublin was great, but Belfast was just asolutely f*cking-fantastic :D:mrgreen::mrgreen:

When the second song is Do The Evolution, you know its gonna be a good show and it SO was.

Couldn't believe I got to hear Tremor Christ and No Way :shock: (took me ages to realise what they were playing when No Way started...doh :oops: )

Other highlights...
    Great version of Jeremy, can't understand why they don't play it more often
    Full Save it for Later tag :mrgreen:
    The wedding story
    Ed's love story
    BoB Happy Birthday
    The rest of the setlist.....

The sound was perfect and it was such good fun dancing 'round (sometimes like a loon) with some new and some newish friends :D:D :wave:

(Only minor disappointment was the lack of variation in the Backspacer songs, saw 3 shows (Dublin, Belfast, London) and they played the same 5 BS songs)

hey valerie - great to meet you and clive again - caroline made it down and safe and sound down the front few rows - it was heavy going after DTE, Animal etc...

tremor christ was fantastic - so good to hear that in belfast - the rest of the show was amazing too - def my fav show - up there with the o2 in london last year

anyway - next year - Bristol??? :lol:
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,101
    Hey Dylan, great to see you again, sorry we didn't manage to catch up with Caroline.......

What a bloody fantastic show Belfast was :mrgreen: well done again on your excellent suggestion to Mr Cameron in that lift!! :lol:

I would LOVE to see PJ in Bristol (can't see it happening though :( )
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    How long after the gig does it usually take for the bootleg to come out??
  • Options
    BairbreBairbre Posts: 31
    How long after the gig does it usually take for the bootleg to come out??[/quote

Last year the European bootlegs took longer to come out than the states, probably for contractual reasons in different countries etc. In any case I suspect you'll wait as long as it takes Colin - apart from the band, you were the other stars of the show ;)
    No time to be void...or save up on life; you gotta spend it all...
  • Options
    TopBombingTopBombing Posts: 18
    What a couple of days they were last week.

Dublin was great but the setlist in Belfast blew Dublin away IMO.

Superb.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,880
    TopBombing wrote:
    What a couple of days they were last week.

Dublin was great but the setlist in Belfast blew Dublin away IMO.

Superb.

Agree here. Of the 3 shows I did last week, Belfast was the best for me (the others were amazing too, of course)!
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    ParadajzarParadajzar Posts: 435
    For me too, Dublin was already perfect.....but Belfast probably even better.....i was so close to the stage...crassssyyy

the only bad thing was.....so many retards that wanted to squeeze in infront of us(as it was already packed).....with beers spilling .....

but one guy topped it all....i couldnt belive it.....he came out of nowhere...stand just on my left...with a beer, completly drunk....I guess he didnt even know any PJ songs.....he just screamed few times.....bettermaaaaaaaaan.......he was making me so fucking nervous......and then it happened....just felt something is spilling on my leg....i looked at the guy, if he is spilling his beer, but the beer looked ok....and then i see, mofo is pissing on my feet and shoes.....I wanted to kick him....but i just screamed at him, and then he ran away......I wish we dont have such jerks in the crowd.....wtf is the point getting to front row if you dont know the band?????

But ok...i dont care.....belfast was insane....

cheers
    Ljubljana 19.06.2000
    Zagreb 26.09.2006
    Munchen 12.06. 2007
    Berlin 15.08.2009
    Dublin 22.06.2010
    Belfast 23.06.2010
    Berlin 30.06.2010
    Prague 02.07.2012
    Berlin 04.07.2012
    Berlin 05.07.2012
    Manchester 28.07.2012 - E.V.