Options

*** Belfast Fanviews Here 6/23/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    decobdecob Dublin, Ireland Posts: 33
    Amazing set list and well worth the trip up and down from dublin...

Deffo one of the best gigs i've been too.... verona will be hard to beat based on location... now really looking forward to berlin.
    Dublin, Ireland - 01/06/2000 // Dublin, Ireland - 23/08/2006 // Verona, Italy - 16/09/2006 // London, England - 18/06/2007 // Manchester, England - 17/08/2009 // London, England - 18/08/2009 // Dublin, Ireland - 22/06/2010 // Belfast, Northern Ireland - 23/06/2010 // Berlin, Germany - 30/06/2010 // Amsterdam, Netherlands - 26/06/2012 // Berlin, Germany - 04/07/2012 // Berlin, Germany - 26/06/2014 // Milton Keynes, England - 11/07/2014
  • Options
    First time seeing the guys in Ireland and it didn't disappoint :D

Dublin was awesome and it made a change to be in seats rather than standing... but...

BELFAST ROCKED MY FUCKING WORLD BABY!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm still buzzing from Tremor Christ and No Way! :o

I just can't believe I got No Way! FINALLY!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Soooo glad I got the great poster! :D Had a great time dancing my ass off with great friends near the mixing desk and thoroughly enjoyed every single second of that show... best show to date so far for me! :mrgreen: Can't wait to head off to London tomorrow!

2 shows down, 3 to go 8-)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    Last night was (by my calculations) my 15th PJ show since first seeing them in Glasgow in 92 and in all honesty I think it rates as the best I've ever seen them. i thought manchester last year was the dogs bollocks but last night just went up an extra notch. i didn't think they could get any better but last night was astounding. Dublin was good but Belfast blew it away. Setlist was immense, Black always makes the gig for me when it's played, but getting Crazy Mary, Leash and Jeremy among so many other great songs was almost too much. If they had played nothingman last night instead of in Dublin i think i would have spontaneously combusted with happiness.

And as if the night couldn't get any better i got one of Matt Cameron's drumsticks :D came straight to me and had both hands on it before anyone could wrestle it off me.

A blinding show by one of the, if not the, best live acts around.

Hyde park is going to be a bit weird as most of the show will be in daylight but it will still be brilliant. This band doesn't know how to do a bad show.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,881
    Got pretty much right to the front infront of Mike for a killer show! Loved hearing No Way again.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Sweet pics mate. Well done
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Cheers man - would love to take more, but I'd miss more of the gig!

Was good to see the majority of people around us in the 10c seats (Mike's side right at the end) enjoying the gig and rocking out - special mention goes out to the guy in the Seattle t-shirt, it's great to know the people around you are enjoying it to the same degree as the people on the floor!!

4730632896_1464e03a97_m.jpg

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    First time seeing the guys in Ireland and it didn't disappoint :D

Dublin was awesome and it made a change to be in seats rather than standing... but...

BELFAST ROCKED MY FUCKING WORLD BABY!!!! :mrgreen:

I'm still buzzing from Tremor Christ and No Way! :o

I just can't believe I got No Way! FINALLY!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Soooo glad I got the great poster! :D Had a great time dancing my ass off with great friends near the mixing desk and thoroughly enjoyed every single second of that show... best show to date so far for me! :mrgreen: Can't wait to head off to London tomorrow!

2 shows down, 3 to go 8-)
    :D EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
    !HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BRENDAN.
    WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ONLY THIS ILL SAY ....
    HAVE YOU EVER SEE IN A PJ SHOW PEOPLE DANCING BETTER MAN SIRTAKI STYLE AND SCREAMING OPA????
    WHAT A FUCKINJ PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    It's difficult to try and put what I witnessed last night into words. Spoke to the lovely trio of Sian, Dave and Paul before the gig and told them Sometimes was my holy grail song and Sian's was No Way. I had more hope of seeing mine or so I thought! :D Delighted for us both! The intro/ crowd/ Sometimes moments are still giving me chills. Up on the same side as Mike and could see Strummers taking snaps but was so elated by the gig I forgot to come and say hello. Witnessed a couple of guys knocking shit out of each other and I think one was dragged out by security. Silly boys! We could see Dimi and Yvi swaying all night and big Phil was having a great time from what I could see. Paul and Susan have been great company since Dublin and it's still not over. The Freebird t - shirt has been noticed everywhere and if all the people who've stopped me bumped the thread the server would collapse! Robert and his mate from Edinburgh, hi guys, you're both so sound and next time we'll have more time. In London now at the hotel missing the meet up due to very unforeseen circumstances. Hotel booked months ago had no room for us! Anyway I thought Dublin was out of this world and last night was just a different level again. Looking at the setlist fills me with great memories. I'll only name three highlights in case I start to ramble. :lol: Sometimes, Present Tense and Black. And Animal, Tremor Christ and Crazy Mary. There's another three! Hi to all the beautiful, crazy fans who we've met and keep meeting. London tomorrow and it's going to be hot!! Peace and love from the Veddertowns.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    It's difficult to try and put what I witnessed last night into words. Spoke to the lovely trio of Sian, Dave and Paul before the gig and told them Sometimes was my holy grail song and Sian's was No Way. I had more hope of seeing mine or so I thought! :D Delighted for us both! The intro/ crowd/ Sometimes moments are still giving me chills. Up on the same side as Mike and could see Strummers taking snaps but was so elated by the gig I forgot to come and say hello. Witnessed a couple of guys knocking shit out of each other and I think one was dragged out by security. Silly boys! We could see Dimi and Yvi swaying all night and big Phil was having a great time from what I could see. Paul and Susan have been great company since Dublin and it's still not over. The Freebird t - shirt has been noticed everywhere and if all the people who've stopped me bumped the thread the server would collapse! Robert and his mate from Edinburgh, hi guys, you're both so sound and next time we'll have more time. In London now at the hotel missing the meet up due to very unforeseen circumstances. Hotel booked months ago had no room for us! Anyway I thought Dublin was out of this world and last night was just a different level again. Looking at the setlist fills me with great memories. I'll only name three highlights in case I start to ramble. :lol: Sometimes, Present Tense and Black. And Animal, Tremor Christ and Crazy Mary. There's another three! Hi to all the beautiful, crazy fans who we've met and keep meeting. London tomorrow and it's going to be hot!! Peace and love from the Veddertowns.

Aw I missed you? Didn't know you were in the seats! Hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself rocking out! :oops: Belfast gig was amazing, got some great interaction with Mike and did I mention I met Eddie? :D:D

A dedication for the Big Man would have made an awesome night perfect beyond words, but it wasn't to be this time!

I am aching and have no voice, can't wait for Berlin!

• Options
    bmulvanybmulvany Posts: 156
    Belfast was awesome last night and the best I have seen them

Loved hearing Tremor Christ, State of Love and Trust and Jeremy especially as I hadnt heard those before in previous shows

Dublin was great on Tuesday, Manchester was unreal last year but Belfast was simply on a different planet. Best show I have ever been at by any band Id say.

Thanks a million PJ. Having withdrawal symptoms tonight looking at videos on YouTube
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Dublin - great.
    Belfast - blew Dublin out the water, IMHO... 8-)
    Got Jeremy (at last!), No Way (a favourite from Yield), and Tremor Christ, which i've never seen before, and then Black, RVM, Better Man with FULL Save It For Later tag... and all in the company of a great bunch of people (apart from the twats moshing in front of me... :x )
    looking forward to London but don't really care what they play now, am expecting a 'greatest hits' type show to be honest, just want a nice day with some beers, good music and the usual crowd of sane, sensible people who's company i've enjoyed the last couple of days... :lol:8-)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,260
    Absolutely amazing to see present tense, no way, SOLAT, low light, tremor Christ...... 4th time seeing PJ and it just seems to get better each time.

Anyone feel extremely privileged to be a fan of this band? They just seem to have an energy on stage that I've never seen replicated by anyone else, even playing the tried and tested stuff. Can't really put it into words, each gig I've been to has been amazing in different ways.

Long may they reign as the greatest fuckin band in the world :D
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    geckogecko Posts: 1,712
    strummers wrote:

Amazing photos. My favourites are Jeff in Dublin - fantastic, and the band in front of that curtain. It is like painting, Boom and Ed profiles/gestures specially. Took my breath away. Really awesome.
  • Options
    Some more pics from both Irish shows for those interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N00/sets/72157624350528662/
  • Options
    Was a few rows upper than Veddertown. Saw him but didn't go down to meet you.
    Talked to Dimitris in Premier Inn hotel after the gig (and pubs), in front of the food automatic distributor.

Ben Harper was great too.

Great gig ans setlist ! Glad to hear "sometimes" & "no way" !
    Can't wait for Arras 8-)

PS
    Irish folks are really nice people
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    IdlewildIdlewild London, England Posts: 173
    Belfast was amazing probably enjoyed it even more than Dublin which was also fantastic.

That was great when everyone wished Brendan a happy birthday and that playing Amongst The Waves for the newly married couple. That was so sweet.
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Dublin
    Hard. Strange venue. The big empty space behind us. Two stores, looked like playing in a department store… The Popcorn and bloody expensive Carlsberg (6 euros?!).

Very strong setlist tho. Energy. The Long Road, Once, The Fixer, Why Go, Corduroy, Severed Hand - ??!! . Lukin into Not for You transition?! Crystal chorus in Nothing Man. Got Some – Comatose combo ?!

The New song ! Man… where did that come from? Surely not from the Backspacer era…. Complicated song, changin tempo …. Its just Pearl Jam who can stick a brand new song, especially sounding like this into their setlist of a european leg tour opener…

Best Porch ever. Small town and Better Man brought tears. Bit overwhelmed by all those whole day beers. Yellow Ledbetter… Energy was so high.

Belfast
    One big 10c party really. All started on the train… hotel…. Third row waiting. The people we met, the people we talked to. The people we took care of and them took care of us. The couple in their mid 60’s … The band looked like really enjoying it. Very relaxed. Love in the air. Happy Birthday Brendan O’Brien ?

Setlist wise? Insignificance – Present Tense – Daughter. Save You - Given to Fly - Black – Rearviewmirror ?!! SOLAT! Jeremy (felt in love with Jeff’s bass! So sexy!) Leash! Crazy Mary ! and ofcourse the crazy atmosphere during YL … Eddie in eye contact with that guy in the 10c seating sector … (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH3hTMUE3Aw)... u2's I will follow snippet (5.42 - 5.52) so funny. ... Aaawwww...

Oh god. Love this band. Love the whole PJ family. Everyone that we met. Wish I knew them all by names…

Cant wait for Berlin. And kinda glad im not doing any festivals as PJ are really the best when playing just for their fans... But wishing all of you guys outhere in Hyde Park tonite best of luck and another breathtaking Pearl Jam experience.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    veddertown wrote:

Was great to meet you and our missus too gary, and paul and his missus, had a good time, wish we could've had more time, but next time. nice to also meet some of the euro thread guys, dottles, dimi and yavi, and anyone else. next time i'll try for more than one date.

but what a show to go to, don't know where to even begin. all i'll say is just an amazing setlist, amazing performance by the band, and great crowd. was about 5 rows from the front in front of mike, that guy truly is crazy.

can't wait for next tour.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,400
    It'll take me a while to fully process it but it was one of the best shows I've ever seen for sure.

Belfast was show number 12 and it's easily in the top 4 I think. Sometimes was a great opener and it made me smile, but then kicking into Do The Evolution and then Animal just ripped my face off. The absolute best way to start a gig is with those songs. Energy level was through the roof.

I had the best seats ever, completely unobstructed view from the first two seats of second row of the tier just to the left and down a bit. Unreal view.

Is it just me or is Given To Fly getting better every year? It tore the roof of the place.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    colin cardycolin cardy Posts: 10
    edited June 2010
    Idlewild wrote:
    Belfast was amazing probably enjoyed it even more than Dublin which was also fantastic.

That was great when everyone wished Brendan a happy birthday and that playing Amongst The Waves for the newly married couple. That was so sweet.

It was me and the wife Eddie dedicated Amongst the Waves to in Belfast on Wednesday night which was our wedding night.Absolutely amazing.Have been a fan from the beginning and been to a couple of shows in Dublin and Verona but never EVER thought anything like that would happen on Wednesday night.
    Still buzzing :D
    Post edited by colin cardy on
  • Options
    Nearly forgot. CHEERS ED :D
  • Options
    EB260825EB260825 Posts: 5
    Some more pics from both Irish shows for those interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59794835@N00/sets/72157624350528662/

Some great photos there. Thank you. What a memory to have of that fantastic show. They get better every time I see them. That was an incredible version of Unthought Known - might be my favourite song. Belfast was a lucky city, so glad I was there, Need to see them more often. I try not to think too much about how a gig might go before it starts these days. I used to anticipate a lot and find it is better to shut off now until it starts. I was quite cool until about 2 minutes before the start this time and I was almost in tears before they came on stage however so that is the best approach for me. Wish I had managed to meet a few fans while I was in Belfast. The Premier Inn seemed to contain quite a few of us. I am back there next week for Deep Purple. The juxtaposition will not favour Purple. I wonder if this list has any other fans of both bands?
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Idlewild wrote:

It was me and the wife Eddie dedicated Amongst the Waves to in Belfast on Wednesday night which was our wedding night.Absolutely amazing.Have been a fan from the beginning and been to a few shows(a couple in Dublin and Verona 2006) but never EVER thought anything like that would happen on Wednesday night.

Were there many of the wedding party at the show? That was a fantastic moment...for you & your wife...and for all of us too! Fair play, and congratulations!
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Idlewild wrote:

It was me and the wife Eddie dedicated Amongst the Waves to in Belfast on Wednesday night which was our wedding night.Absolutely amazing.Have been a fan from the beginning and been to a few shows(a couple in Dublin and Verona 2006) but never EVER thought anything like that would happen on Wednesday night.

Were there many of the wedding party at the show? That was a fantastic moment...for you & your wife...and for all of us too! Fair play, and congratulations!

Thanks.
    There was 18 of the wedding party at the gig although not all sitting together.
    It was a small wedding anyway with only 28 at the service.
    Still in shock :shock: :D
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Idlewild wrote:

Thanks.
    There was 18 of the wedding party at the gig although not all sitting together.
    It was a small wedding anyway with only 28 at the service.
    Still in shock :shock: :D

and just one more question - how did the band found out about your wedding? oh, all the best ofcourse!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    I invited Ed to the wedding through his Twitter page :D
    Also i think a couple of friends tried to get a message to them :D
  • Options
    danleridanleri Posts: 497
    Thank you Pearl Jam for the KICK ASS SHOW!

Thanks to all of you guys for making Belfast one of the most beautiful and memorable days of my "gigs" life!

I did love Dublin and all but... Belfast was special. I think I'm still there. Part of me hasn't left the Odissey Arena.

We all were so beautiful, what a great night!
    Verona '00 | Dublin '06 | Barcelona '06 | London '07 | Copenhagen '07 | Berlin '09 | Dublin '10 | Belfast '10 | Berlin '10 | Toronto1 '11 | Toronto2 '11 | Amsterdam1 '12 | Stockholm '12 | Oslo '12 | Copenhagen '12 | Brooklyn1 '13 | Brooklyn2 '13 | Amsterdam1 '14 | Amsterdam2 '14 | Vienna '14 | Berlin '14
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    I invited Ed to the wedding through his Twitter page :D
    Also i think a couple of friends tried to get a message to them :D

twitter, eh ?

i've just thought of the 5 tracks i'd love to hear PJ play and now have a cunning plan to get them played... unfortunately i think one or two other people might have the same idea...

i don't think that's going to work again... :D;)

congrats!!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?